Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Quest Diagnostics?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

DALEIGHA in Texas

85 months ago

I was given general scenarios, such as... "You see that a co-worker is abusing the break schedule, what do you do?", or "Give us 3 examples of something positive that you have accomplished", and my personal favorite, "Tell us about a negative experience you've had in the workplace, and tell us what steps you took to relieve the situation." Quest is heavy on employee relations, and its a good thing, because we rely heavily on teamwork. Of course, experience and education are always important, and Quest seems to be more appreciative of education; but we also strive to hire positive people with strong interpersonal and problem resolution skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Chapman in Detroit, Michigan

49 months ago

I was recently hired in (their hiring process takes A LONG time) so you have to work through a temp agency on Quest's behalf until HR finally gets to you. It's been nearly a month & they don't expect that I'll be hired in officially until after the New Year--I suspect this has just a LITTLE bit to do w/the fact that if I'd been hired in before Christmas they would have had to pay me for 2 holidays.

Anyway, so far I LOVE it there!!

In terms of the interview, I was hired after the second time I was interviewed (for 2 different positions about a year apart).

My 2nd interview took and hour & 1/2 & it was BRUTAL!! In my experience they asked a TON of "not what you WOULD do in specific scenarios, but EXAMPLES of what YOU HAVE done in certain given instances working PAST jobs".

I thought that I was doing ok but then blanked on a question & said "Oh, I'm SO bad at this!!"

As soon as I said that, both interviewers were VERY encouraging and told me that I was doing great (especially by comparison to others).

They were not lying because I actually got the job.

I haven't been there long yet but have wanted to work for them ever since they were Metpath...then Corning. Finally, I have been hired after 20 years of wishing I had a job at a place like that.

I just hope that all the bad remarks I've read are simply disgruntled employees who Quest really had a good reason to terminate. On the other hand, I read A LOT of bad things, I just hope it's not true.

The starting pay is NOT great but they do have EXCELLENT benefits. I am grateful to have a job at all. I am also very proud to be a Quest employee.

Those of you that have been badmouthing Quest so terribly may know MUCH more than I do(I'm sure that you do) after having worked there long-term. Still, I am going to do my job to the best of my ability and hope that I will eventually be rewarded accordingly. I am hoping to that there is plenty of room for advancement in the future.

Good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ceclove in Downers Grove, Illinois

27 months ago

i have had two interviews with quest and yet to hear anything its beens over 3 weeks what should i do if anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.