Worse company I ever worked for

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (31)

Clauda Lincoln in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

I am 50 years old, and I have never hated working for a company as much as I hated working for Quest Diagnostics. The supervisors are all from hell, and they treat you like crap. I eventually quit because I could not take it anymore, and so did a lot of my friends. I still have friends there and they all complain about the same thing.

Quest was once shut down because of a law suit. They have new employee orientation every month because of so many people quitting all the time. I see that company going under one day because it is demon-possessed because of GREED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (150) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

intelligent 1 in Spring Grove V, Ohio

80 months ago

The GREED that you are all lamenting is symptomatic of a privatized health care system. If you truly believe that greed is prevalent, you need to seek reform of the entire health care system Health care, pharm, and all of its related industries should NEVER be for profit. Pay for the research, facilities, equipment and salaries and then break even. Access to health care is a human RIGHT. Only in the United States of Hell do we have a mind set that its every man for himself. Civilized countries provide health care. Take away the monumental profit margins and the greed will disappear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Laid off

79 months ago

Clauda Lincoln in Houston, Texas said: I am 50 years old, and I have never hated working for a company as much as I hated working for Quest Diagnostics. The supervisors are all from hell, and they treat you like crap. I eventually quit because I could not take it anymore, and so did a lot of my friends. I still have friends there and they The following comments refer to the Quest business unit in Atlanta, not the other business units around the country:

I worked for Quest Atlanta business unit for "3 years" according to them, but it was actually 6 years, in Memphis, TN after they forced our employer to sell out. Life was good before Quest. If you go to work for them, you'd better have money in the bank from the beginning to support yourself when they pull the rug out from under you, and don't have any expectations, because they are dishonest and make promises they don't keep. They will cheat you every chance they get. As a cytotechnologist they have an elaborate CPAP policy that is designed to force you to work faster and punish you severely for every little mistake. It's impossible to never make mistakes, especially when you are forced to work fast, and they know that and use it to keep you from advancing. In other words, they set you up to fail. Their CPAP policy is unethical and should be against the law. MAYBE SOME ATTORNEY SHOULD CHECK ON THAT. They've obviously found a loop hole in CLIA regs. They have opened new labs or forced labs to sell, hired people on, and soon after they close these labs offering only minimal severance and ruining these people's lives who have children, leases, homes, and bills that they can now not pay. I personally would never work for Quest Diagnostics again, and yes, they did beg me to come work at their Atlanta lab for the same, shamefully below average pay they had been paying me all along. BEWARE of the people in Human Resources. They are wolves in sheeps clothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

margie jones in Hamden, Connecticut

74 months ago

The service at Quest Diagnostics on Whitney Ave, in Hamden Ct. is deplorable.

A patient was physically accosted by a staff member when she decided not turn her cheek to their insensitivity and rude behavior. The patient simply asked for better service and was first, verbally accosted then physically accosted which required police intervention. It required 3 staff members to contain the assailing staff member.

Do not go to these centers. They do not care. It is big business with uncaring administration.

Please post this everywhere you can. Consumers are having to accept horrible, inadequate treatment by staff members who are miserable, angry and hate their jobs. No one should work in the places. Quest Diagnostics should be closed.

The patient does not HAVE ANY RIGHTS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

thesmoke in Arkansas

74 months ago

Clauda Lincoln in Houston, Texas said: I am 50 years old, and I have never hated working for a company as much as I hated working for Quest Diagnostics. The supervisors are all from hell, and they treat you like crap. I eventually quit because I could not take it anymore, and so did a lot of my friends. I still have friends there and they all complain about the same thing.

Quest was once shut down because of a law suit. They have new employee orientation every month because of so many people quitting all the time. I see that company going under one day because it is demon-possessed because of GREED.

After over twenty years I also was terminated. Took the whole things up the ladder. Bad supers that wish to run you like the old southern days. Either kiss ass or your gone no matter how great the service was. Treat all the clients right and your own company drop you in order to save money. Quest will see what is happening one day when it's too late!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

thesmoke in Arkansas

74 months ago

Quest Diagnostics is one of the WORST Corp. you could ever work for! Warning everyone that wants to work for a rotten company and be let go for a younger person as well as less wages. Quest doesn't protect any of there old time workers. They even threaten anyone with loss of there job if they refuse to accept part time work. There part time is anytime they need you. No matter what. Your called in to replace a sick person or one that just felt like taking a day off. If you refuse then your terminated. Quest does not train there new employees. I have seen so much rotten dirty tricks pulled on customers that no wonder the customers as well as clients are leaving Quest for honest billing companies that won't double bill the customer. Rude people! You bet there rude! Then behind your back they laugh. Warning don't use Quest for anything. You the customer cabn make or break any lab that treats you as a no body!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

hmm in Plymouth, Massachusetts

74 months ago

exactly the United States does have the mentality of every man for himself. it's horrendous and healthcare should be considered a right in this country unfortunately it's for those who can pay..health insurance covers you only so far then after that you're on your own.. people complain that 'oh universal (not mandated) health care will mean you can't get operations that you might need etc etc.." well what the hell is the difference now? People can't get surgeries they need NOW under this system. at least w/ a universal healthcare system such as Canada, or Europe heck even Morocco! you can take care of preventative healthcare for you and your family

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

scuba-steve in Ladera Ranch, California

72 months ago

Quest Diagnostics Is so corrupt it makes me sick the human resources department is a joke bunch of worthless people I don’t know how they make it through life knowing that there job is to falsely accuse people of stuff they didn’t do to make management happy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

falasha in mckeesport, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Hallelujah! I have left Quest Diagnostics before I have lost my sanity! My blood pressure went back to normal and I feel like a new person with so much energy! No more hospital bills. It is wonderful to be with my family and friends in the evening and over the weekends.
Former co-workers send emails telling about the ongoing abuse at Quest and their health problems due to stress, but will not look for another job. I have been gone for over 6 months and do not regret leaving.
The economy is not all that good, but there are jobs out there that pay way more than QD. I know because I found one (it is not McDonalds either). You just have to plan your job search and follow through with it no matter how long it may take.

Quest did not appreciate all of the grueling hours that I worked. They did not care that I was a high producer who always came to work on time. It did not matter too much that I got along with my co-workers and all other things that are expected from an employee. They wanted more, more, more until I was to completely burn out. I was so worn out that I had to take about 3 weeks rest before starting my new job.
All that QD cared about was their stock and their over inflated external image. I did not ask for much from them. Just wanted to be treated and respected like a human. Not lied to, cheated or treated like I was of the peasant class. Good riddance!!! Moving forward...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vera2012 in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

intelligent 1 in Spring Grove V, Ohio said: The GREED that you are all lamenting is symptomatic of a privatized health care system. If you truly believe that greed is prevalent, you need to seek reform of the entire health care system Health care, pharm, and all of its related industries should NEVER be for profit. Pay for the research, facilities, equipment and salaries and then break even. Access to health care is a human RIGHT. Only in the United States of Hell do we have a mind set that its every man for himself. Civilized countries provide health care. Take away the monumental profit margins and the greed will disappear.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

david dohoney in Buffalo Grove, Illinois

46 months ago

Yes! I applied for employment at this company. Will think three times before ever doing that again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

I want out ASAP!!! in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

If you are an older worker, you will definitely get treated like crap so that they can make you retire or quit. They try to hire younger workers hopeing that they won't complain about the working coniditons or the salary because it is probably their first job or they don't know anything better. I took the job to try to get lab experience. Now I am trying to leave and would never think about making or keeping a career within the awful place. So many people leave because it is horrible. People either quit because they can't take it anymore, they find a better job or the get fired for cussing out management or excessive call outs (because nobody wants to work there). If you are trying to find a temporary job, you should work here but if you are trying to start a career...good luck....After 5 months you will want to jump off a clift.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Dushikyan in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

My name is Aza. I have been employed at Specialty labs, Valencia, Ca from 09/2004-11/2005.
I went to an interview with Billing supervisor at Quest Diagnostics, West Hills, everything went well and got the typing test appointment. Today the supervisor called and told me that I am not Hirable because I have worked at Specialty Labs and the AR manager fired me and I am not Hirable since the Specialty is part of the Quest Diagnostics. Specialties AR Manager who is still working at Specialty Labs was and is an unprofessional, she was cussing, and making racist remarks toward other employees, making differences between employees, always bothering me, and making uncomfortable with her harassments. As a professional Medical Biller, I went to HR and talked about this situation and I ended up getting fired. She was supposed to be fired instead of me. I have been very hurt and it is very emotional for me being in this situation. I don't know what else to do and where to notify about this kind of situation. I am an individual who worked hard, no problems at all, friendly with co-workers, always on top of the list of productivity. I have been trying to get a job ever since with other organizations, always have heard that they have hired somebody else. I would like somebody to take this serious and help me getting my independency back so I can get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rico in Chico, California

29 months ago

having a bad superivsor is worst and terrible you have to deal with co worker who is liar in 2008 i had to quit my job as dietary aide in 90 bed skilled nusring facility why my boss yelled at me infront of my coworkers after that i emailed my boss telling him good by I quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rico in Chico, California

29 months ago

bad manangement terrible and rude supervisor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50+ terminated in Cleveland, Ohio

18 months ago

Back in early January, 2010 I went from an excellent employee review and approved raise to terminated within a week. Why? Because a temp "employee from hell" was mad he didn't get hired and filed a completely false sexual harassment claim against me taking one thing I said to him and twisting it around. HR used is as an excuse, even though she agreed it was a false complaint, but decided what I originally said wasn't "professional" and bypassed their disciplinary policy completely and I went from excellent to fired. It didn't matter I came in early, came in weekends if needed, did whatever it took to get the job done, ran the office when my supervisor was off due to medical problems (which was often). I felt like a piece of trash thrown in the wastebasket after almost 8 years of literally putting my blood, sweat and tears into tripling our business along with my supersivor. This was the thanks I got.

I've never felt so ashamed for doing nothing wrong in my life. And it's been hell trying to find another job because as soon as a prospective employer sees Quest on my application I get raised eyebrows like I'm still cursed.

I hate this company with a passion and the way it treats it's employees. It puts impossible workloads on people yet sends emails with "Healthy Quest" crap. How can you stay healthy in that company when it does everything it can to kill you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

18 months ago

A lot of companies are like this. It seems every employer is turning into the employer from hell. My last employer would stab with you "someone made a complaint against you" but they refused to say who made the complaint or even what the complaint was!!! So it could have been totally unjustified, but you were always wrong. It could have been something false, misinterpretated, something you actually did but were justified, who knows. Just a lot of game playing.

You wonder where they teach this stuff, in business school? Someone please come forth. I am very interested in knowing this. Do Business and HR majors learn to intimidate?

Someone said HR is wolves in sheep clothing. So true. Back in the day, when it was called "Personnel", they were on your side and actually were a service between the employee and the company. Not now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

50+ terminated in Cleveland, Ohio said: Back in early January, 2010 I went from an excellent employee review and approved raise to terminated within a week. Why? Because a temp "employee from hell" was mad he didn't get hired and filed a completely false sexual harassment claim against me taking one thing I said to him and twisting it around. HR used is as an excuse, even though she agreed it was a false complaint, but decided what I originally said wasn't "professional" and bypassed their disciplinary policy completely and I went from excellent to fired. It didn't matter I came in early, came in weekends if needed, did whatever it took to get the job done, ran the office when my supervisor was off due to medical problems (which was often). I felt like a piece of trash thrown in the wastebasket after almost 8 years of literally putting my blood, sweat and tears into tripling our business along with my supersivor. This was the thanks I got.
I've never felt so ashamed for doing nothing wrong in my life. And it's been hell trying to find another job because as soon as a prospective employer sees Quest on my application I get raised eyebrows like I'm still cursed.
I hate this company with a passion and the way it treats it's employees. It puts impossible workloads on people yet sends emails with "Healthy Quest" crap. How can you stay healthy in that company when it does everything it can to kill you?

What I have learned....If they are going to frock with you they are going to frock with you. It doesn't matter how much good you do, they don't want you for their little clique.I used to get the same thing with my old job. Healthy emails, live a healthy liftstyle, then they were kicking us to the curb whenever they could. Constant stress.I had one manager go by me when I was at a computer entering information, and she looked at my screen. I had no idea who she was, aind she said, "Oh, don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong." I said, "Of course not."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Chris Dushikyan in Los Angeles, California said: My name is Aza. I have been employed at Specialty labs, Valencia, Ca from 09/2004-11/2005.
I went to an interview with Billing supervisor at Quest Diagnostics, West Hills, everything went well and got the typing test appointment. Today the supervisor called and told me that I am not Hirable because I have worked at Specialty Labs and the AR manager fired me and I am not Hirable since the Specialty is part of the Quest Diagnostics. Specialties AR Manager who is still working at Specialty Labs was and is an unprofessional, she was cussing, and making racist remarks toward other employees, making differences between employees, always bothering me, and making uncomfortable with her harassments. As a professional Medical Biller, I went to HR and talked about this situation and I ended up getting fired. She was supposed to be fired instead of me. I have been very hurt and it is very emotional for me being in this situation. I don't know what else to do and where to notify about this kind of situation. I am an individual who worked hard, no problems at all, friendly with co-workers, always on top of the list of productivity. I have been trying to get a job ever since with other organizations, always have heard that they have hired somebody else. I would like somebody to take this serious and help me getting my independency back so I can get a job.

Today, management, and that includes HR, bands together. They don't want to lose their comfy well-paid jobs so they can get their nails done and go on vacations. So they play really cutthroat politics. No one can stop it because the laws are all on the employers' side like "at will".

I believe if you work hard, and are a great employee, this kind targets you. They are afraid you could move up and that you know more than them. So they bomb anyone who could move up.

There are so many GOOD workers, I am one of them, out of a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

It would be interesting to get together all of the good workers from these companies and start one of our own. The one thing that makes a company successful is its workers. You can sell the greatest product or service, but bad employees will turn customers away and cost business.

The one thing we have is...we are great employees.

Remember when companies hired "consultants" to go through and get rid of the dead weight? Sounds like MANAGEMENT is the dead weight. Why do these companies need so many managers? And why are they the gum-chewing, nail-filing, drama types?

18 months ago

phlebolin in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: i am 52 years old and worked for quest almost 20 years.treated me as a child.Left them for Labcorp, and THEY are no better.
Got terminated after 7 months because of downsizing.What a joke the health care profession is. Good luck to you.

"We care about the patient" is code for "we care about our wallets". When you do whwat is right for the patients they don't like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

socialme13 in Traverse City, Michigan

17 months ago

You are SO right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

You No Who I Am in Canton, Michigan

16 months ago

Laid off said:

DITTO. I'm 57. I was let go 2 weeks shy of 22 years. They let me go because of a patiant stated I sighned her ABN. But get this, they couldnt find the paper to show me. Joyce Hamilton in HR called me a lier, I then contacted Cheryl Kuczuba, explaind every thing to her. She said she would investigate this. She indeed called me back the following week. Well to my surprise, there were more things added to this than was discused. I told her this, but she didnt care. I was let go, and wrongfuly accused of some thing I never did. Oh and also,I was told by my friends, that Cheryl Church, a floater, tattle tail, reported back to Barb Kramer things I so called said. UNBELEIVABLE. At 57 I now cannot find a job. Thanks Quest for 22 years of HELL. Now one wants to hire an older person. I do miss my patients. I had a fantastic repor with them. Employees dont count here. You no? with 22 years, why would I pull some kind of stunt like this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

You No Who I Am in Canton, Michigan

16 months ago

Oh, also, there is one woman there that kicked out of two IOP's and one woman got kiked out of one IOP, and one PSC. I'm out and their still there?????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shenee Collins in Fresno, California

16 months ago

I worked for Quest for two years. I called out sick one day each year due do a high fever. I worked for them 3 times with bronchitis and still showed up, and worked extra. There was even a time when I had no transportation to work, so I rollerbladed. Then they changed thier clock in system and rules. You could not clock in more than 2 minutes early, and 1 minute late is docked agianst you. The new system takes at least one minute to load per login, and I worked in a place where 5 of us had to sign in with 2 computers. There were often times when I would login late due to this problem. I was not given access to the OTHER clock in system which was faster. Well needless to say, I got written up for this system error. One day durring one of my bronchitis spells I over slept and came to work late, and was terminated... while sick. All my hard work, constantly coming in to work when needed, working every other weekend, working for other supervisors when needed, working while sick, and being an all out team player meant nothing. I have been out of work since. I am now facing evcition because its hard to find a job. I was told by my supervisior to "fix my attendance problem, and reaply". I didnt know how to feel about that, but it doesnt matter, they now have a "hiring freeze" anyway. Not my favorite place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lorrie Shearee in Canton, Michigan

16 months ago

I feel your pain. I was terminated after 22 years. There reasons were lies. All BS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shenee Collins in Fresno, California

16 months ago

Lorrie Shearee in Canton, Michigan said: I feel your pain. I was terminated after 22 years. There reasons were lies. All BS

This termination has caused me to lose everything. I have since lost my car, and on the verge of being evicted. And I would have been ok, but they fought paying me unemployment. Not caring at all that I am a single parent. For treating their employees so bad that company is going to fall, and when they do, they will hit so hard it will crack the earths crust and fall straight to hell. I don't know about where you are at, but here in central cali, they have lost several big accounts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

E4TA in Memphis, Tennessee

16 months ago

I hate that for you Shenee! I got screwed out of a job by Quest about 6 years ago now and still haven't found another job in cytology. Am now working from home transcribing pathology reports and autopsies for Mmodal and Precision Transcription and loving it but not making as much money. No cytology jobs around here. Quest is evil. I agree, they will eventually fall. I'm just biding my time. At some point things will get better in cytology. You will make it through this. If you need temporary work try doing transcription until you can find another job. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PVR in Willows, California

14 months ago

If you work for Quest, your job is temporary. I know of at least 25 persons, including myself, who were let go apparently because they were over the age of 55 or had a health problem. This is the dirtiest company you could work for. They only care about profit, and the culture is poison. I was harassed for years by these people.

HopefulGuy in Jersey City, New Jersey

14 months ago

You know, it's funny you all have mentioned what happened to you, BECAUSE SOMETHING SIMILAR happened to me. Granted, i liked the manager whom i worked for (who eventually fired me for a mistake that was eventually rectified so really in retrospect, no mistake was made because it did not stay a mistake). But yeah i just think the general enivronment around these diagnostic labs such as QUEST, LABCORP AND BIOREFERENCE LABS, are just so mundane and demoralizing, e.g., the sleep-deprived night shifts, the decrepit equipment and environment, and just the outright rudeness of employees causing even some "normal people outside of the job" to be "anti-social beasts" while working the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cb in Los Angeles, California

3 months ago

HopefulGuy in Jersey City, New Jersey said: You know, it's funny you all have mentioned what happened to you, BECAUSE SOMETHING SIMILAR happened to me. Granted, i liked the manager whom i worked for (who eventually fired me for a mistake that was eventually rectified so really in retrospect, no mistake was made because it did not stay a mistake). But yeah i just think the general enivronment around these diagnostic labs such as QUEST, LABCORP AND BIOREFERENCE LABS, are just so mundane and demoralizing, e.g., the sleep-deprived night shifts, the decrepit equipment and environment, and just the outright rudeness of employees causing even some "normal people outside of the job" to be "anti-social beasts" while working the job.

PLEASE CONTACT ME AT www.omsj.org/contact-us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.