I have a concern.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Tracie M. Thurston in Springfield, Virginia

83 months ago

My, concern is this,I applied to Quest Diagnostics last year around January of last year.How I know is because I kept the card they sent me when they turn me down. The lady I spoke to felt that I live too far and that the commute would be a challenge. I think her name was Michelle Davis. Quite recently I apllied to a company that was looking for a Specimen Prep Assitant. The company name was Medforce Inc. So I applied to the company,had my interview and took a urine test and have yet to hear from them. The lady I spoke to was Valencia Battle. I feel like I'am getting the run around. Chantilly is a little further away from me,but according to the internet it says that I'am only 35 minutes away.Which makes me feel a little better. And the shift I picked to work was 11 a.m.-7 p.m..Which means on both sides. I would be going against traffic. Anyway I been calling this young women back and she's either away from her desk or I just get her voicemail. I leave a message but she never calls me back.Now my question to you is there a hidden agenda going on that I dont know about. This job been hiring for the last three years because I see the advertisement all the time.Can you please find out what's the problem. Thank-you!Tracie Thurston 703 751-7986/703 231-0752

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Misterob V. Ous in New York, New York

83 months ago

Tracie,

Once a company expresses that they would prefer not to hire you, it's best to move on- consider it like a relationship. Sometimes companies are 'constantly' looking to fill a position because they always need vacation relief, overnights, backfill, etc... so they can never have too many extras on-board. Or perhaps there's a high turnover rate.

If you took a drug test, and presumably passed, this Medforce company is likely looking to bring you on. Perhaps they've got to clear some paperwork, etc before they get back to you. Perhaps there's a main office extension that will get you a general HR phone number.

Lastly, you're posting questions about Medforce in a Quest Diagnostics thread, and you're asking someone to 'find out' for you 'what's going on'. This is not a customer service site- and NEVER EVER post your phone number on the internet!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Happy Quest employee

83 months ago

Tracie M. Thurston in Springfield, Virginia said: My, concern is this,I applied to Quest Diagnostics last year around January of last year.How I know is because I kept the card they sent me when they turn me down. The lady I spoke to felt that I live too far and that the commute would be a challenge. I think her name was Michelle Davis. Quite recently I apllied to a company that was looking for a Specimen Prep Assitant. The company name was Medforce Inc. So I applied to the company,had my interview and took a urine test and have yet to hear from them. The lady I spoke to was Valencia Battle. I feel like I'am getting the run around. Chantilly is a little further away from me,but according to the internet it says that I'am only 35 minutes away.Which makes me feel a little better. And the shift I picked to work was 11 a.m.-7 p.m..Which means on both sides. I would be going against traffic. Anyway I been calling this young women back and she's either away from her desk or I just get her voicemail. I leave a message but she never calls me back.Now my question to you is there a hidden agenda going on that I dont know about. This job been hiring for the last three years because I see the advertisement all the time.Can you please find out what's the problem. Thank-you!Tracie Thurston 703 751-7986/703 231-0752

You may have been "looked over" because you did not meet their qualifications for the job or something as simple as typos on your resume/CV. I would never "chase" a job that expressed they did not want me. I would move on and look for another job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

January of 2006? Even Jan. of 2007, MOVE ON.
Oh my gosh! You MUST be bored!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Happy Quest Employee

82 months ago

Cindy in Los Angeles, California said: January of 2006? Even Jan. of 2007, MOVE ON.
Oh my gosh! You MUST be bored!

Cindy, who are you addressing your comment to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Happy Quest Employee said: Cindy, who are you addressing your comment to?

TO TRACIE M. THURSTON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracie Thurston in Fairfax, Virginia

82 months ago

Well, I just want to say.That I'am not chasing a job that doesn't want me. I just wanted the respect and the amount of time and energy that I put into.Applying to this job twice. I know for a fact that my test I took came up negative. Because I donot drink or smoke. And I also know that I was qualified for Specimen Prep Assistant position. I believe right now that the company might just be hiring foreign people right now. I believe that might be the agenda the company is looking for right now. All I was looking for if I had the job or not. But I was never waiting for this job. Because I constantly look for jobs all the time. Thank-you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Current Job Seeker in Sacramento, California

81 months ago

Tracie, I have found that in this day and age sometimes employers do not respond back. I had it happen twice to me and I followed up and got the run around also. A simple form letter would have sufficed, but nowadays manners aren't top priority and it does bite I know! Don't get hungup on it and know it has happened to more than just you ok? The best thing you can do is make a note of the companies that don't respond back and make your own "do not apply" list. Take care and good luck in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Loreli in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Jeff in Springfield, Illinois said: Tracie,

Perhaps, and this is a simple observation, they prefer to hire persons who can speak and/or write the english language correctly. If your comments are any indication of the grammar or structure of your resume I can clearly see why I would not return your calls, however I can not speak for Quest. Perhaps these "foreign people" (about which your refer) have a better grasp upon our basic education requirements.

Best of luck to you.

I was a bit embarrassed by your tone and, as I'm not particularly busy at the moment, allow me to correct the grammatical errors in your exceedingly rude post, Jeff.

First, the word "English" should be capitalized, as it is a proper noun. I know many foreign people who are aware of this simple capitalization rule. I'm very sorry that you are not.
Second, there should be a comma after the word "resume." A comma is traditionally place after an "if" clause in our language, sir. An example might read, "If Jeff feels affronted by Tracie's post, he should still refrain from insulting her intelligence."
Third, I don't know what you might mean by "your refer." "Refer" is not a noun and, thus, cannot be owned by the original poster.
Last, the word "upon," while technically used correctly in this context, is awkward, and the word "of" would have been much more appropriate. As it is written, the word only succeeds in proving you to be a pompous jackass.
I would like to conclude with saying that it is disheartening that you find it necessary to insult someone so brazenly because of typos and errors. I am of the opinion that Tracie appears to be an intelligent person and any minor grammatical errors (no worse than the ones you made in your post, I might add) are more than acceptable in this informal forum setting.

Thank you for your post, but it was wholly unnecessary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Loreli in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Tracie M. Thurston in Springfield, Virginia said: My, concern is this,I applied to Quest Diagnostics last year around January of last year.How I know is because I kept the card they sent me when they turn me down. The lady I spoke to felt that I live too far and that the commute would be a challenge. I think her name was Michelle Davis. Quite recently I apllied to a company that was looking for a Specimen Prep Assitant. The company name was Medforce Inc. So I applied to the company,had my interview and took a urine test and have yet to hear from them. The lady I spoke to was Valencia Battle. I feel like I'am getting the run around. Chantilly is a little further away from me,but according to the internet it says that I'am only 35 minutes away.Which makes me feel a little better. And the shift I picked to work was 11 a.m.-7 p.m..Which means on both sides. I would be going against traffic. Anyway I been calling this young women back and she's either away from her desk or I just get her voicemail. I leave a message but she never calls me back.Now my question to you is there a hidden agenda going on that I dont know about. This job been hiring for the last three years because I see the advertisement all the time.Can you please find out what's the problem. Thank-you!Tracie Thurston

Tracie,
I completely agree that you should never put your number on the internet. Perhaps you might consider removing it from the post, provided that your number hasn't already been changed as a result of the hundreds of robot calls you've been receiving. :)
Otherwise, I'm a bit confused. Are you getting the run-around from Quest or from Medforce? I have to agree that a simple "yes" or "no" is not too much to ask of them, whoever they may be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bubba in Toronto, Ontario

15 months ago

Loreli, there are grammatical errors in your post too. I don't think you actually care about grammar but are hostile because you thought Jeff was rude so you are trying to stick it to him. It sounds like Tracie feels she is entitled to the job because she went to the interview and passed the drug test. I think Jeff is trying to say that her written language hints at poor presentation skills, the most important interview skill. Tracie needs to consider this instead of thumping her head against the wall. No one is entitled to a job just because they are technically qualified but Tracie seems to think she is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.