What's the company culture at Quest Diagnostics?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 166)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Quest Diagnostics?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Quest Diagnostics?

Reply - Report abuse

eve in San Diego, California

96 months ago

DOG EAT DOG. PROFIT DRIVEN NOT PEOPLE DRIVEN. I WAS EMPLOYED THERE 20 YEARS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

b in Culver City, California

96 months ago

Be prepared to work LOTS of overtime.
The people I worked with were outstanding.
But QUEST CORPORATE PAYROLL mailed me a "bulk" request to sign up for direct deposit: address label with my name, address, & my entire 9 digit social security number where the zip code should have been printed on an adhesive label!
If this is how this corporate entity treats employees "confidentail information"=unauthorized use.......imagine what is done to patients!
As I said, the people I worked with were great, but I refuse to work for a company I cannot trust after unauthorized release of confidential information!
If you work for them-check all correspondences very very carefully as HR/Payroll didn't bother to notify other employees who may have been violated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

b in Culver City, California

96 months ago

eve said: DOG EAT DOG. PROFIT DRIVEN NOT PEOPLE DRIVEN. I WAS EMPLOYED THERE 20 YEARS

QUEST CORPORATE PAYROLL mailed me a "bulk" request to sign up for direct deposit: address label with my name, address, & my entire 9 digit social security number where the zip code should have been printed on an adhesive label!
If this is how this corporate entity treats employees "confidentail information"=unauthorized use.......imagine what is done to patients!
If you worked for them-check all correspondences very very carefully as HR/Payroll didn't bother to notify other employees who may have been violated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

b in Culver City, California

96 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Quest Diagnostics?
Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?
What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Quest Diagnostics?

People have to bring extra clothing as there is poor regulation of heat and cooling.
Everybody must wear blue tyvek lab coats. (Quest likes everybody to "match")
There is a strictly enforced NO TALKING policy. This policy is very bad for morale. If you have a radio or iPod-bring it so you will not be tempted to talk to anyone. Perhaps if the supervisor's "office" was not stuck in a corner of the laboratory- with no privacy- in an "office" with walls constructed of flammable cabinets and bookshelves=deathtrap....perhaps if someone who'd actually worked in a pathology lab designed the work space, it'd be a great place to work.
Socializing at Quest=working overtime with people you are not allowed to talk too. You will be offered a Monday-Friday position. Plan to be asked to work overtime every weekend and most holidays. Plan to work lots of overtime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Director in Henderson, Nevada

96 months ago

Great place to work, open friendly, informal and collegial. I have worked at Quest for a little over a year and thoroughly enjoy the management team, pathologists, and lab technical staff. Highly recommend Quest Las Vegas. Great environment for pathologists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

bo in New York, New York

95 months ago

watch out...

the company is top heavy.. hundreds of workers, only a few doers, meaning the company operates like the government.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dendro in Shawnee, Kansas

95 months ago

I worked at Quest for about a year and a half. It is the opinion of the men working in my area, that it is amazing that I lasted as long as I did considering the obvious gender bias that is rampant in this workplace. In my work area alone, there are almost twice as many women employed as men. Unfortunately, this has resulted in a biased attitude towards men in general. Men are punished for practices that many, if not most, workers engage in. Women in general, however, seem to go unscathed and in fact, are promoted to higher levels.
Additionally, during my tenure at Quest, the only employees to have been terminated in my area have been male, effectively adding to the already-skewed ratio. I, myself, know of two males that were not terminated but resigned from Quest due to the pressures placed on them as male workers. As mentioned before by "Eve" in San Diego, this is definitely a "Dog eat Dog" environment. When this
universal attitude is coupled with the obvious female-specific leniency displayed, it's easy to see how the male worker can feel overwhelmed and intimidated. Additionally, whenever supervisors, whether male or female, are given "authority", those supervisors should be monitored for effectiveness in management as well as coached on the definition of "hostile work environment".
In short, a typical day in the life of a Quest Diagnostics employee can depend heavily on your gender.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

A from Horsham,PA-Philadelphia in Earlington, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

I agree with Eve on the DOG EAT DOG comment. Also, new rules recently. Any mistakes made will result in write-ups. (instead of addressing a few problem employees)True that they like to give people chances before termination, but sometimes it takes up to a year to terminate a very problematic employee. Very afraid of what they call the "legal aspects" of firing someone, even with warrant. Recently, have just upped the productivity target. Used to be 25 patients per phleb., now 38. Where they came up with that #? It's called a good reason to start cutting people. So...now that you're supposed to do more work...don't dare make mistakes either. I work at a patient service center where morale is terrible. Definitely not people driven. Too concerned with buying up all of the competition rather than doing what we do and doing it well, so that people want to come to us. Seems to have gone down hill working there since change of CEO couple years ago. Every couple years gets taken in a new scheme to promote work morale, which I'm sure they pay heftily for. I work here now, simply because the pay is a little better than some other labs, but now a place I want to be forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Earlington, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

They have employee surveys every year-mandatory, for about the last 4 years. If they don't like how the surveys turn out, your next up supervisor actually comes to your department, something that happens maybe two to three times a year, to give you a speech on if you were unhappy you should have let her know- only to tell you that you'll be required to take the survey again- hopefully with a more positive mind frame. This company is so phony. Really wants to be a good place to work- but has no clue on how to go about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dissatisfied in Cincinnati, OH in Lexington, Kentucky

94 months ago

Reading over the comments from other people, I see that there's not very many happy employees at Quest Diagnostics. They want to be #1, but they don't have a clue how to get there. It's not from buying all of the competition. What good is more business when you can't do what you have correctly and in a timely matter? Just this past week, specimen were found in trash cans. 2 of these specimen were tissue biopsies. Most of the employees I work with are young college students. They bring these kids in, show them how to operate the computer and turn them loose. Then they have the audacity toe have a meeting about ERRORS. They never confront the ones making the errors one-on-one. These kids don't care a wit about errors.

I saw another comment about layoffs. They don't lay off. They terminate.

Sometimes it's hard to get terminated. Some people work at it very hard. Some give up and simply quit coming to work. They let people abuse the system while the rest of us pick up the slack. So, if you are thinking about working for Quest and you are a dedicated worker, you will be continually frustrated. Or you will be happy when your payday rolls around, if you like overtime.
My comment in Lexington, KY was that's it's easier to stay home and get paid than to come to work. So, it's no wonder Quest is after more and more money...they waste alot. It's sad they are in the medical business and our health depends alot on what they do. It's really scary. Be sure that when you have lab work done, that your name is on the vials. I've seen employees write the names on at the lab and send it on for testing. There's no way of knowing if that vial belongs with the requisition or not. I do my best to make sure all of the work I process is correct. I wish I could say the same for my fellow employees. I'm also not "qualified" enough to be a lead since I don't have a degree. The ones with degrees let this kind of work continue day after day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bass, Chantilly, VA in Woodbridge, Virginia

94 months ago

I've worked at Quest Diagnostics in Chantilly, VA for over a year. I have to agree with the Dog eat Dog statement made in the comment above. And also the statement that dedicated workers will be frustrated. Its very true. Our sample preparation staff has a very high turnover rate. They hire processors and accessioners only to see them quit. The workloads are overwhelming! Overtime is mandatory unless you want to be looked upon as a less than loyal worker. They want to hire quality workers...yet because of the shortage in the sample prep department...the quality workers performances are compromised. We are expected to maintain a certain number of accessions per hour. And its true...any errors are written up. And this leads to termination depending on the degree of the error. Its very frustrating...all the work for such "barely livable pay". In our facility the Sample Preparation Dept is the worse Dept to work in. Its stressful and theres always too much work compared to the number of workers. And yet you still see "possible clients" touring the facility. It amazes me....if only they knew what the workers had to endure....or would they even care. I'm currently searching for new employment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Hendersonville, Tennessee

93 months ago

I worked in sales with Quest Diagnostics, I actually was working for another lab that got bought by Quest. Quest is a great company with great pay, but it comes at a price. The number one priority when working for a company that deals with patients health care should be the patient. But at Quest the rankings on Wall Street are number one. Patients actually come last. So what if they forget a pickup at a doctors office or the patients sample gets lost. Who gets hurt, the patient. They don't care if the patient is eighty years old and has limited means of returning to the doctors office to have the sample recollected, this would mean money out of Quest pocket if they had to send an employee to the patient. And so what if the patient is going to be charged for that return visit because of an error at Quest, the patient will still be charged even though they are taking time out of their schdule or their caregivers schdule the Quest mentality is that the patient was not charged the first time. Now in sales if you lost an account because of errors that Quest as made you will be told that you should have had a better relationship with the account so they would not have left. I had an account that Quest report out a positive Hepatitis C on a patient. About a week later Quest sent a new report out with no explanation saying the result was negative. My calls to the medical director at Quest and also the doctors calls were not returned, so the client took his business to LabCorp. On my yearly review I was dinged because of this. If you work for Quest you will no longer have a name especially in sales, instead you will be given a sales id which will be your new identity. The shareholders are only hearing the Quest side of the story when they should be taking note of what the employees have to say. It's no wonder that they have lost so many managed care contracts like United HealthCare and BlueCross/Blue Sheild of Georgia and the many contracts in the mid-west.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jessie in Saint Louis, Missouri

93 months ago

I work at the lab in saint louis and it isn't so bad. the supervisor only worries about the work getting done. you can talk but don't talk too much. we chew gum and some employees come to work in capris. some of our workers are teenagers and because their parents have a higher position than the supervisor, they get away with alot of things and don't work as efficiently as others. yes, the saint louis lab is closing and they are moving it to the old lab one building in lenexa, kansas. alot of techs are loosing their jobs because they are not needed. you can either move to lenexa or find another job. if you do go to lenexa, you will get at least 5700 dollars, taxed of course. if by chance you have been with the company longer, they will offer more money and even a package. right now, the new lab can't handle the work load even though it's supposedly bigger and better. so i don't know what to say about the situation. they said they are going to have all of the reqs out by the end of may, but we can only wait and see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

A in Santa Cruz, California in Oakland, California

93 months ago

The worst, most unethical company I have ever worked for. Horrible employee abuse.
Everything I have read from my fellow co-workers that have posted at this site is true. You have to work OT all the time because of the lack of staffing. Then when review time comes around you get popped for working to much overtime and get accused of not working effectively. The management is top heavy and ignorant. Too much redundant paper work. Patients are certainly not a priority at Quest. They have these stupid wait time surveys they make you do and complain if patients have to wait more than 20 minutes. Then management will complain if any mistakes are made even though there is a lack of qualified help. They are always coming up with PR bulls*** to improve morale but improved wages don't appear to be part of that picture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A in Santa Cruz, California in Oakland, California

93 months ago

John B. from Reading Area in Earlington, Pennsylvania said: They have employee surveys every year-mandatory, for about the last 4 years. If they don't like how the surveys turn out, your next up supervisor actually comes to your department, something that happens maybe two to three times a year, to give you a speech on if you were unhappy you should have let her know- only to tell you that you'll be required to take the survey again- hopefully with a more positive mind frame. This company is so phony. Really wants to be a good place to work- but has no clue on how to go about it.

They don't seem to respond to any of the employees suggestions on how to improve the work place. Don't know why they bother making us fill them out! And,you're right, if you identify yourself and complain in the survey they will make your job very, very uncomfortable for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-Quest employee in Burlington, North Carolina

92 months ago

A in Santa Cruz, California in Oakland, California said: The worst, most unethical company I have ever worked for. Horrible employee abuse.
Everything I have read from my fellow co-workers that have posted at this site is true. You have to work OT all the time because of the lack of staffing. Then when review time comes around you get popped for working to much overtime and get accused of not working effectively. The management is top heavy and ignorant. Too much redundant paper work. Patients are certainly not a priority at Quest. They have these stupid wait time surveys they make you do and complain if patients have to wait more than 20 minutes. Then management will complain if any mistakes are made even though there is a lack of qualified help. They are always coming up with PR bulls*** to improve morale but improved wages don't appear to be part of that picture.

I worked for Quest for 2 years and it was pure h***. The superviser didn't know what she doing and didn't really care about her "phlebs". I reported the wait times honestly and she reprimanded for taking to long and that I was suppose to get people in and out in 20 minutes. How is that possible when you have to work alone? I ended up getting fired because I was suppose to be insuborant. All I did was voice my opinion on something she decided on ruining 4 employees morale. I worked for the the Schwaumberg division. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND EVEN APPLYING THERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Falasha from Pittsburgh

92 months ago

I have been working at Quest for 3 years and it is the toughest job that I have ever worked. There is such a huge turnover that the remaining employees have to take up the slack by working lots of over time. The specimen processors work the grave yard shift and with overtime some of us start work at 6:00 pm and go home at 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning. The work is never, ever done! You lose contact with your family and friends because you are extremely tired when you finally get to go home. Like someone in another posting mentioned, if you refuse to do overtime, you are looked down on or are made to feel guilty. If you are single and need a job to pay your bills, or want to learn a new skill, Quest is a great place to start. They offer Average pay, 401k, and other benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J in Nesconset, New York

91 months ago

Quest is a place to have a job, not a career. Some departments have a mandatory 2 hour OT that you're expected to stay for if needed, and if you do decide to leave after your 2HR OT is up the supervisors will still try to make you feel guilty. Lots of OT seems to be a common theme throughout this company and it's certainly true of where I work on Long Island. The turnover rate is very high in processing and thus they're always behind on hiring new people to replace the ones that left recently. And they had a lay off earlier in the year with a good number of people losing their jobs - or should I say, having their jobs "terminated" as they put it. When I started working there they were always giving surveys to see what employee feedback was, things have gotten so bad this past year they stopped doing that all together. Seriously, I don't even remember the last time I filled out a form grading my department and supervisors and giving input back to management. That's how Quest works.

The workplace is very diverse, people from different backgrounds and ages. Can't agree with the comment on younger workers not caring as much about errors; where I work, the older workers that have been there a few years shrug errors off and figure "it's the next departments problem" and don't think twice about double-checking their work. Doesn't matter how many times this is addressed, some older people are too comfortable there and makes things frustrating for other workers. Then again, everybody that's worked there for a year is already burnt out on all the OT and lack of social life (you're expected to work some weekends and occasional holiday).

It's a nice stop-gap between you're current job and the one you really want. Gain some experience, save some money and get out to a place that values workers as people, not robots expected of factory-like production.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Current employee in Teterboro, NJ in Teterboro, New Jersey

91 months ago

I can't believe some of the comments on this board! I have worked for Quest Diagnostics for 6 years and my sibling has been here 10 years and we LOVE this company! They are more than fair with all of their employees and you can't beat the pay and benefits. 401K matched 6%, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, PET insurance, life insurance, employee stock purchase at discounted rate and the list goes ON AND ON! As far as overtime, it's offered but NOT MANDATORY! Employees are usually talking about how they appreciate the availability of overtime when they need extra money (Xmas, new house, new baby, etc.). Quest Diagnostics provides a "CHEQLINE" where they provide a toll free number where employees can call to report any potential violations or any concerns anonymously. They have a survey for employee feedback AT LEAST once a year because they are extremely interested in becoming one of America's Top Places to Work. The people that have commented negatively here are the ones that don't have anything to say when it's time to bring up issues here in the workplace. There is ALWAYS a listening ear here at Quest and I would not rather be working anyplace else. I ENJOY WORKING AND AM PROUD TO WORK FOR QUEST DIAGNOSTICS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

You're right, Quest Diagnostics does have good pay and many good benefits, which is one of the reasons why I still work here, but there is a lot to put up with for those benefits. This company will never be one of the top places to work for, because it's all about show. Behind the guise of surveys to improve the workplace, there are more and more cuts and more and more rules. And don't say there isn't mandatory overtime. If a psc is understaffed, and not enough coverage, what do you think is going to happen if someone is out. They don't close the psc, I'll tell you that. Someone has to cover, which I understand, but it's getting harder and harder to do especially when they keep cutting your numbers. My psc has gone from 12 to 6 phlebotomists in the last year, since they've decided our new phleb/patient ratio is 38 to 1 instead of 25 to 1. And now there is a new "option" for patients: appointments- all handled by an outside company that Quest is paying. There goes our bonus for next year. We'll probably lose business over this until they realise it in about a year and change it back. I've never worked for a company that made so many bad decisions, only to change them back later on when everyone knew it was going to be a bad idea. I'm glad you enjoy your job. I wonder what you do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Falasha from Pittsburgh in Mckeesport, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

We have had mandatory overtime in the Pittsburgh Unit many times. And many other times we have been told to stay a little or overtime will become mandatory. There are some happy employees at Quest. Most of them have other family members working with them. Maybe this helps. But if you talk to the majority of the employees or hear some of the comments about what each put on their surveys, you will see that the morale is very, very low.
Yes, the company has many benefits like profit sharing, medical, dental, 401k etc. but you can find these same benefits at another well organized company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MOE in Westmoreland City, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Falasha from Pittsburgh in Mckeesport, Pennsylvania said: We have had mandatory overtime in the Pittsburgh Unit many times. And many other times we have been told to stay a little or overtime will become mandatory. There are some happy employees at Quest. Most of them have other family members working with them. Maybe this helps. But if you talk to the majority of the employees or hear some of the comments about what each put on their surveys, you will see that the morale is very, very low.
Yes, the company has many benefits like profit sharing, medical, dental, 401k etc. but you can find these same benefits at another well organized company.

I WAS UNFAIRLY FIRED FROM MY JOB WITH QUEST BECASUE A MISTAKE WAS MADE ON A DAY THAT THE OFFICE WAS UNDERSTAFFED AND VERY BUSY AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT DID'NT MATTER AND WAS EVEN CONSIDERED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Happy Quest Employee

90 months ago

You may not want to admit it but maybe YOU are responsible for why Quest let you go. Think about what you did or did not do all day and ask yourself..would you keep you around if YOU were the boss? Quest would never let someone go that did not deserve it because of potential legal implications so to get my sympathy.. you will have to be WAY more specific about what happened before or leading to your being let go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

its not my fault I'm guilty in Plano, Texas

90 months ago

Can 20 people on a public board so easy to contribute to really offer an accurate picture of anything other than an interesting sociological study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Zionhill, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

you can say or think whatever you like. When a company is going to hell like Quest is, employees talk, vent, whatever. I've been here 8 yrs and used to love it, until about 2 1/2 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Zionhill, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

As someone earlier mentioned, very top heavy. You must be one of the too many supervisors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MOE in Manor, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

I COULD'NT AGREE MORE THEY DID ME FAVOR LETTING ME GO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Happy Quest Employee

90 months ago

John B. from Reading Area in Zionhill, Pennsylvania said: you can say or think whatever you like. When a company is going to hell like Quest is, employees talk, vent, whatever. I've been here 8 yrs and used to love it, until about 2 1/2 years ago.

That is pretty sad and I am sorry you feel that way. Why do you think the company is going to hell? Their stock shot up today (of all people my daughter told me!lol) so the stockholders don't seem to feel that way. Just curious if you know something I don't know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Falasha from Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

We had another huge turnover this month and others are expecting to quit or accept other positions in the company soon. We lost some really good employees. Makes me wonder why Quest does not try to keep their quality employees and get rid of the trouble makers. The supervisors are already asking the remainder of the us to commit to 2 days of overtime and we are now forced to work 2 saturdays per month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Falasha from Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

MOE in Westmoreland City, Pennsylvania said: I WAS UNFAIRLY FIRED FROM MY JOB WITH QUEST BECASUE A MISTAKE WAS MADE ON A DAY THAT THE OFFICE WAS UNDERSTAFFED AND VERY BUSY AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT DID'NT MATTER AND WAS EVEN CONSIDERED.

I have seen it happen many times. Feel bad for you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Falasha from Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

John B. from Reading Area in Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania said: You're right, Quest Diagnostics does have good pay and many good benefits, which is one of the reasons why I still work here, but there is a lot to put up with for those benefits. This company will never be one of the top places to work for, because it's all about show. Behind the guise of surveys to improve the workplace, there are more and more cuts and more and more rules. And don't say there isn't mandatory overtime. If a psc is understaffed, and not enough coverage, what do you think is going to happen if someone is out. They don't close the psc, I'll tell you that. Someone has to cover, which I understand, but it's getting harder and harder to do especially when they keep cutting your numbers. My psc has gone from 12 to 6 phlebotomists in the last year, since they've decided our new phleb/patient ratio is 38 to 1 instead of 25 to 1. And now there is a new "option" for patients: appointments- all handled by an outside company that Quest is paying. There goes our bonus for next year. We'll probably lose business over this until they realise it in about a year and change it back. I've never worked for a company that made so many bad decisions, only to change them back later on when everyone knew it was going to be a bad idea. I'm glad you enjoy your job. I wonder what you do?

Quest makes a lot of changes. If I take 1 week off, when I come back to work the office is rearranged and everything is moved somewhere else. Sometimes it causes a lot of confusion and wastes my valuable time. Other times it is very beneficial. Especially when they move out all of the clutter in the Lab area. Quest also likes to change employee hours. My hours(and others) have been changed at least 2 times per year. If it does not work, they change our hours back. Like we don't have a life of our own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

I worked for QDI for 5 years and the day I quit was the best move I ever made. The billing dept is a horrible and bias place to work. We had supervisors gossiping about everyone and even one supervisor (DC) would pretend to be your friend and close advisor and then stab in the back. One supervisor (JM) is a raging manic depressor who stab you in the back too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

eve in San Diego, California said: DOG EAT DOG. PROFIT DRIVEN NOT PEOPLE DRIVEN. I WAS EMPLOYED THERE 20 YEARS

agree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Happy Quest Diagnostics Employee

89 months ago

Where do you work now and are you happy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

Yes I am happy, thank you for asking!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Out_of_Office in Addison, Illinois

89 months ago

There are good and bad days. We have hard working people and of course the ones that stab you right in the back and then they are nice to your face. Just like anywhere else whether it's another company or another business unit.
We recently had lay offs and these are employees that we see on a daily basis and were like family. I had spoken to one person who was laid off who took the company for granted with their "cocky 'I could do better than this company' attitude" and this person said in a humbling tone "you don't know when you have a good thing until your gone."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

stocks may be up, but I don't think a company that doesn't treat its employees well will ever really be what Quest "aspires" to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

stocks may be up, but I don't think a company that doesn't treat its employees well will ever really be what Quest "aspires" to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

stocks may be up, but I don't think a company that doesn't treat its employees well will ever really be what Quest "aspires" to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John B. from Reading Area in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

stocks may be up, but I don't think a company that doesn't treat its employees well will ever really be what Quest "aspires" to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Phleb in Sac

89 months ago

Wow...it's sad to read all of these posts about how horrible it is to work for Quest.
I've been a phlebotomist for Quest for over 3 years now. I can tell you that I LOVE my job! The people I work with are the best. Even my supervisor is really great (easy to talk to, encouraging, etc).
No, they don't pay me to just say nice things about the company. I say them because in my heart, it's the truth!
Having been in the workforce for well over 20 years (for a lot of different companies) my experience at Quest has only been positive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

cleopatra in Durham, Connecticut

89 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Quest Diagnostics?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Quest Diagnostics?

It definately depends on what business unit you work with what dictates "proper" business attire. I work with the Wallingford BU in CT and we just acquired a new HR director who decided proper excludes jeans M-Thurs. I NEVER see suits on anyone other than sales personnel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cleopatra in Durham, Connecticut

89 months ago

Is your name Abbamont?

Current employee in Teterboro, NJ in Teterboro, New Jersey said: I can't believe some of the comments on this board! I have worked for Quest Diagnostics for 6 years and my sibling has been here 10 years and we LOVE this company! They are more than fair with all of their employees and you can't beat the pay and benefits. 401K matched 6%, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, PET insurance, life insurance, employee stock purchase at discounted rate and the list goes ON AND ON! As far as overtime, it's offered but NOT MANDATORY! Employees are usually talking about how they appreciate the availability of overtime when they need extra money (Xmas, new house, new baby, etc.). Quest Diagnostics provides a "CHEQLINE" where they provide a toll free number where employees can call to report any potential violations or any concerns anonymously. They have a survey for employee feedback AT LEAST once a year because they are extremely interested in becoming one of America's Top Places to Work. The people that have commented negatively here are the ones that don't have anything to say when it's time to bring up issues here in the workplace. There is ALWAYS a listening ear here at Quest and I would not rather be working anyplace else. I ENJOY WORKING AND AM PROUD TO WORK FOR QUEST DIAGNOSTICS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tony al in boston, Massachusetts

89 months ago

Quest is a big and well run company, there are many knowlegible people. Most people are nice and do a good job. however this does not translate well when it comes to pay. Quest pays better then McDonalds! but thats about it, all the perks like insurance and stock options are not very usefull if you make very little money to begin with. Quest has a new policy, that is to hire entry level low paying jobs and have people trained to run machines and become med-techs. As more tests become more automated this makes sense for quest, but not for its employees. Quest is not a good company to work for because it does not provide its employees with opportunityfor a good quility of life. In this day and age Quest is not out of line with the trends in golbalization. Good paying stable jobs in a nice environment are a thing of the past in most workplaces in USA and Quest is a quintessential example of this trend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Levi in Woodbridge, Virginia

89 months ago

tony al in boston, Massachusetts said: Quest is a big and well run company, there are many knowlegible people. Most people are nice and do a good job. however this does not translate well when it comes to pay. Quest pays better then McDonalds! but thats about it, all the perks like insurance and stock options are not very usefull if you make very little money to begin with. Quest has a new policy, that is to hire entry level low paying jobs and have people trained to run machines and become med-techs. As more tests become more automated this makes sense for quest, but not for its employees. Quest is not a good company to work for because it does not provide its employees with opportunityfor a good quility of life. In this day and age Quest is not out of line with the trends in golbalization. Good paying stable jobs in a nice environment are a thing of the past in most workplaces in USA and Quest is a quintessential example of this trend.

I agree with this statement so very much. I agree because pay is not very high..unless you work alot of overtime. And people who have been with the company for awhile and are dedicated to their jobs have to deal with the fact that they bring younger, less experienced or less focused workers in because they have such a high turnover rate...yet those workers are hired and make more than workers who are deserving. Oh..and did I mention that if you are a fast worker...you just get more and more work to make up for the slower workers. You are constantly monitored to see just how fast you are working....dont dare slow down...the boss will be around to checkout exactly what you are doing. Working in the processing dept is stressful on your mind and body. I come home with pains in my back from long hours of sitting and my arms and wrist hurt because of the amount of specimen we have to pour off. You deal with "sicky" feelings from inhaling so many different types of fumes from stool, urine..etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Current Quest employee

89 months ago

No

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

zen in Oakland, California

89 months ago

Director in Henderson, Nevada said: Great place to work, open friendly, informal and collegial. I have worked at Quest for a little over a year and thoroughly enjoy the management team, pathologists, and lab technical staff. Highly recommend Quest Las Vegas. Great environment for pathologists.

You sorta sound like a commercial...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zen in Oakland, California

89 months ago

Current employee in Teterboro, NJ in Teterboro, New Jersey said: I can't believe some of the comments on this board! I have worked for Quest Diagnostics for 6 years and my sibling has been here 10 years and we LOVE this company! They are more than fair with all of their employees and you can't beat the pay and benefits. 401K matched 6%, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, PET insurance, life insurance, employee stock purchase at discounted rate and the list goes ON AND ON! As far as overtime, it's offered but NOT MANDATORY! Employees are usually talking about how they appreciate the availability of overtime when they need extra money (Xmas, new house, new baby, etc.). Quest Diagnostics provides a "CHEQLINE" where they provide a toll free number where employees can call to report any potential violations or any concerns anonymously. They have a survey for employee feedback AT LEAST once a year because they are extremely interested in becoming one of America's Top Places to Work. The people that have commented negatively here are the ones that don't have anything to say when it's time to bring up issues here in the workplace. There is ALWAYS a listening ear here at Quest and I would not rather be working anyplace else. I ENJOY WORKING AND AM PROUD TO WORK FOR QUEST DIAGNOSTICS.[/QUOTE You must be the CEO in disguise....
People have the right to their opinion and are speaking from personal experience such as yourself. I have sent in my resume in hopes to get a job there and it's good to hear both sides of the coin. Everyone can't be wrong... and I understand picking up others slack, doing the best you can only to be rep. by management, and a high turn over rate. Im dealing with all of that with my current employment. The Web site sounded too good to be tre and thats the reason for my research. Its wonderful that your sibling and yourself enjoy it there....but others may not- and that's their right TOO!! Lighten up a bit.... u must be a supervisor there huh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

exemployee in Irwin, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

you been with quest only for year just wait and as time goes on you'll se how they really are its alwas good when your new just wait if you don't fit into there skeeming plan they will snowball just like they did to me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.