Are you happy working at Quest Diagnostics because it sucks!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

I want out ASAP!!! in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

They do not care about their workers. They try to scare you by saying "people are knocking down the door trying to get in here" What they are not saying is that those same people that make it in are knocking down the door trying to get out. Unless you came from SmithKline or another company they acquired, your pay is very low and they will work you like a slave without showing any appreciation. I have not been there a year yet and I am already trying to leave. The only reason why most people are still there is because they cannot find a job anywhere else or because the job is close to their home. You can work here if you want but I can gurantee that after 6 to 8 months of employment you will see why everyone is alwasy complaining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Wish I could get out in Leesburg, Florida

39 months ago

I totally agree with you. I've been at Quest since June of 2010 and have been trying to get out since November 2010. Working as a phlebotomist you're basically a slave. Low pay, lots of exhausting work. And if you have to work overtime, don't expect to get paid for it. They make you take a longer lunch to offset it. What I don't get is why our sales reps drive company cars when I can barely afford to put gas in my car to get to work. They have a whole "Because You Matter" program pretending that we're important, but in all truth, if you're not a higher up in your business unit, you don't matter. Philly is right about SmithKline, I work with 2 people who were SmithKline and both have 20 years under their belts. They get enough "Time off With Pay" every paycheck to take a full week off every month and get paid for it. And even they complain about how the company treats them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Questsux in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

I want out ASAP!!! in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: They do not care about their workers. They try to scare you by saying "people are knocking down the door trying to get in here" What they are not saying is that those same people that make it in are knocking down the door trying to get out. Unless you came from SmithKline or another company they acquired, your pay is very low and they will work you like a slave without showing any appreciation. I have not been there a year yet and I am already trying to leave. The only reason why most people are still there is because they cannot find a job anywhere else or because the job is close to their home. You can work here if you want but I can gurantee that after 6 to 8 months of employment you will see why everyone is alwasy complaining.
Their IT department totally sucks! They have to pay everyone 30%+ higher than anywhere else in IT across the country because nobody wants to work there! Management is from the 1980s when the company was a part of GSK. They use tactics like personal threats! Don't work there...you'll regret it. I did!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

exinferis in Olathe, Kansas

6 months ago

I transferred to Quest in Kansas from another city to keep from losing my job. After 10+ years with the company, and
all the expense and hassle of moving here, I was laid off. The lab director told all managers and supervisors to "get"
anything and everything on all the employees so they could have documentation (even if trumped up) and would not get sued
for laying people off. I seriously considered organizing a class action age discrimination suit against them, but changed
my mind. I am so happy to be out of there; it was a job from Hell right from the beginning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

London Y. in Stafford, Virginia

6 months ago

I have been with Quest for 2 1/2 years. I had some what of a negative experience in the beginning. However, as a Phleb 1, I learned everything I needed to know on the PSC side and IOP side. I was even put on a Documented Discussion for attendance issues that were out of my control. HOWEVER after my probation was over I applied to higher positions within Quest under my same supervisor. My supervisor and I are not best friends , I don't have to kiss his but for recognition or promotion. I just do my job very well and show up on time everyday. I have since been promoted to a floater, and I am paid 19.07 hourly and a mileage check. So if Quest isn't where you want to be leave and let someone else have your spot. I almost left Quest for another position and they only offered me 15.27 an hr. for twice as much work and weekend and holiday shifts. No thanks. I love Quest. I have worked at hospitals, Dr. Offices and nursing homes nothing compares, Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.