How to get a job at QVC.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Host

Do you work at QVC? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

jennifer Lowman in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina

85 months ago

I was just wondering about working for QVC from my home. I'm not sure how to go about getting a job doing that. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (450) / No (51) Reply - Report abuse

J in Chesapeake, Virginia

85 months ago

I work for the call center at QVC in VA, I dont believe they offer a work from home option. The work is very boring , the pay is low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Dave Eichner in Mesa, Arizona

78 months ago

Please let me know how to work at home for QVC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

recruiter at QVC in West Chester, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

QVC does not offer many work from home opportunities at this time. You can always visit our website (www.qvc.com/careers) and if work from home is an option, it will be listed in the job description of the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Cute Cat in Chesapeake, Virginia

73 months ago

QVC has just started the work from home option, but they are only recruiting from within first. Just starting to see how it goes. I am a current employee for QVC call center in Chesapeake and have been for 2 years. They pay well I think it is very compatable to other jobs in this area...IMO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jen2583 in Chesapeake, Virginia

71 months ago

Cute Cat in Chesapeake, Virginia said: QVC has just started the work from home option, but they are only recruiting from within first. Just starting to see how it goes. I am a current employee for QVC call center in Chesapeake and have been for 2 years. They pay well I think it is very compatable to other jobs in this area...IMO

Hi, I was wondering if you can tell me the requirements for employment at the call center and what is the starting pay? I really would like to get on. Please if you could help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

maggie92 in chesapeake, Virginia said: any reports for what the job is like at a call center. and if hired for seasonal--what are chances of after seasonal help

visit our website ( www.qvc.com/careers )
Well they also have on call employees where as you do not have a set schdule you pick from the batch of hours that are available ie. employess that want to give away their hours or when the call volume is expected to be high. As time passes on call employees have a choice to bid for a set schedule to be full or part time. Working in a call center can be rewarding as well as working any other job. In call centers expect to sit majority if your shift and work from a computer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

maggie92 in chesapeake, Virginia said: thank you--- with on call do you usually work enough to make it worth it?

Honestly, I don't know..I started out full time. When I am just browsing for hours I do see alot of schedules that employees give away although they may not be in the hours you may prefer to work being that QVC is opened 24hrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maggie92 in chesapeake, Virginia

71 months ago

did u start out seasonal and then have to bid for hours. I have been offered this seasonal, however I have a full time job that I would have to quit. I only work 20-25 hours now but no way to do both.
thank you so much for all your answers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

maggie92 in chesapeake, Virginia said: is it a fun job? is it hard sitting for 8 hours sifts with a few breaks

I actually have a 10hr shift, the sitting part is easy for me. You also stated that you have a full time job...I wouldn't quit that job just yet. Try QVC out first to see which job would be better for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

hi Cute Cat in chesapeake, Can you tell me the best way to try and get on at the call center in chesapeake. Do you have to go through a temp service or go straight to QVC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

jen2583 in Chesapeake, Virginia said: hi Cute Cat in chesapeake, Can you tell me the best way to try and get on at the call center in chesapeake. Do you have to go through a temp service or go straight to QVC?

You would go thru QVC, no temp at all. QVC normally hires every year in Aug for the thanksgiving/Christmas season. You just have to check the newspapers or the website during that time sometimes they hire before then if needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Thank you Cute Cat in Chesapeake for your reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

margarita mcdonald in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

70 months ago

Host said: Do you work at QVC? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

no

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MaryAnn1 in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia

64 months ago

Are the food stylist/food prep jobs for the on-air food segments freelance jobs only?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

laura rios in San Antonio, Texas

37 months ago

hi, i would love to work at qvc.i have had some friends that worked there and loved it. what kind of experience is needed to help customers when they call in. i am people oriented. i live close to the qvc on westover hills. hope that you can help me out thank you laura rios

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jdnorrisjr@cox.net in Virginia Beach, Virginia

37 months ago

Hi, I worked at QVC for one year (1997) and loved it. If possible I would love to work for QVC again on a part-time basis. I have retired from Chubb Insurance Co. two years ago. I enjoy talking with people on the phone and would be available to work from home or the company in Chesapeake. I know Donna Elbert that is now a training supervisor, I worked for her at Chubb. Any help I could receive of how to go about getting hired I would appreciate it.

Beverly Norris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ty in Hillsborough, North Carolina

26 days ago

Cute Cat in Chesapeake, Virginia said: QVC has just started the work from home option, but they are only recruiting from within first. Just starting to see how it goes. I am a current employee for QVC call center in Chesapeake and have been for 2 years. They pay well I think it is very compatable to other jobs in this area...IMO

Hello I was wondering how much do they start the customer service rep off with. I have an interview there next week in va

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ty in Edenton, North Carolina

15 days ago

How much is the pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.