How to get a job at RESOURCE ASSOCIATES CORPORATION.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at RESOURCE ASSOCIATES CORPORATION? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jerry Colatrella in Freehold, New Jersey

82 months ago

Host said: Do you work at RESOURCE ASSOCIATES CORPORATION? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

This company is only interested in you if you have $26K to pay them to start your own consulting business as an affiliate. I went to their 2 day mutual evaluation and I knew only 1 hour into the first day when I overheard 2 guys in the men's room state it was a waste of time already and I agreed with that. Not surprising, one of them left early the first day and didn't show up on the second day, something I was contemplating too.

One can become an associate and work for an affiliate instead. You won't make as much money, but at that same time, the affliate trains you for $1K-$3K or nothing. I never heard of a company where you have to pay them to train you.

I left off with them on Friday, March 28 and stated I was only interested in becoming an associate, where I wanted to work, how much I wanted to make, etc. They told me it was doable and would get back to me on the following Wednesday. That day came and almost a week later, I never heard from them. Draw your own conclusions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (137) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

You are welcome. Their ads are very misleading and try to draw your attention away from the truth. My background is in Accounting and nowhere on their website did I see where I would be able to apply my consulting experience in Accounting with them, despite the recruiter telling me otherwise. Luckily, I didn't have to travel anywhere near the amount of miles some people did, but still, it was a waste of time and I would warn anyone who considers working for them to get all the details and then decide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

chipscholz in Charlotte, North Carolina

77 months ago

Host said: Do you work at RESOURCE ASSOCIATES CORPORATION? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview? Any advice for someone trying to get in?

This is an interesting one, isn't it? I think there might be a miscommunication here. What RAC does is offer an opportunity, not a job. It is probably one of the better opportunities in the world, but it is one that requires an investment, and I am not talking about just money. The investment is time, resources, education, belief in yourself and in your abilities. The investment is in hard work that pays off in the kinds of rewards that are really valuable. Oh, yeah, the money can be quite good too.

Quite frankly, the opportunity and the investment isn't for everyone. I have seen three kinds of people that come to RAC for the opportunity. Some people will never make that kind of investment in themselves, because it is indeed a gutsy investment. They spend their lives working for someone else, wondering if they ever could be good enough. They never gain because they never risk. Some people make the investment once and never bother again, then blame others for their failure to succeed. Some pay the price every day in an intentional and purposeful manner. They succeed and do quite nicely.

I have been an affiliate for 9 years. My business has had its ups and downs, like any business. However, there are a couple of key points. It is my business. I don't feel that I was ever misled by RAC. I can make my business what I want it to be. If you work hard, it works. If you expect others to work hard for you to reap the benefits, it won't. If you want an opportunity it is here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Arnold Rintzler in South Orange, New Jersey

77 months ago

Host said: Do you work at RESOURCE ASSOCIATES CORPORATION? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I have been connected with Resource Associates Corporation for 13 years, and I can't say enough positive about the organization. Their business model is predicated on the succes of the affiliates in the network. Because of that, they are highly skilled at teaching the affiliates how to market, sell and deliver their processes. There is ongoing training and support at all times, both from Resource Associates Corporation itself and from the entire network of affiliates.
It is an independent opportunity. It provides unlimited possibilities, but it involves a commitment. The commitment is wanting to help others achieve their potential. If someone doesn't see that, they often only see that there is a financial cost to becoming part of this dynamic network. They then miss the essence of the possibilities.
It truly isn't for everyone. But if someone has a desire to help others, this is an outstanding network of people of which to be a part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

RACFREETOYOU in Carlsbad, California

77 months ago

This is an interesting one, isn't it? I think there might be a miscommunication here. What RAC does is offer an opportunity at the minimum cost of $26,000.00, not a job. It is probably one of the better scam opportunities in the world, but it is one that requires a major investment, and I am not talking about just money. The investment is lots of time, multiple resources, an education in stupidity, belief in yourself that all CEOs and company Presidenta are dumb enough to allow you to take their people out of work several hours each week for 6 months. The investment is in hard disappointing work, work, work that hardly ever pays off. Oh, yeah, the money owed to all of your creditors can be quite large.

I have been a sucker for 9 years. My business has had its downs, like any business. However, it is my business. I don't feel that I was ever misled by RAC, only by myself and that is the truth. I can rationalize my decision of what I want to be. You see I still believe that if you work hard, someday things will geget better... at least I hope they will like they have for the people at RAC who taught me that there are nice people looking for a solid future that a smiling pretty face can take advantage of and make a ton of money... like mine. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Arnold Rintzler in South Orange, New Jersey said: I have been connected with Resource Associates Corporation for 13 years, and I can't say enough positive about the organization. Their business model is predicated on the succes of the affiliates in the network. Because of that, they are highly skilled at teaching the affiliates how to market, sell and deliver their processes. There is ongoing training and support at all times, both from Resource Associates Corporation itself and from the entire network of affiliates.
It is an independent opportunity. It provides unlimited possibilities, but it involves a commitment. The commitment is wanting to help others achieve their potential. If someone doesn't see that, they often only see that there is a financial cost to becoming part of this dynamic network. They then miss the essence of the possibilities.
It truly isn't for everyone. But if someone has a desire to help others, this is an outstanding network of people of which to be a part.

You are a nice guy Arnold.... But RAC should not be taking money from people that have little chance at succeeding. That’s the reality. If you have a residual income, a spouse to support you while you develop your business then maybe you have a chance. Most people coming to RAC buy into their enthusiasm... not realizing that they are leaving out a critical part of the business development process. A half truth is not the truth. They are experts at selling their books... not at generating winners. One sale so proudly announced at the quarterly meetings is a depressing result for the level of money and effort it takes to achieve it.

Nice people? The goal is to help people that are looking to change their lives for the better not the worst. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

76 months ago

Hello everyone, This is a forum for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. While we encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, we ask that you refrain from sharing confidential information, making personal attacks as well as libelous comments. In accordance with our policies, any comments that violate our terms of service will be removed. Please help us foster a professional and informative environment for all our users. Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

www.valuebasedmanagement.net

Value Based Management.net - the site listed - will offer you a comprehensive listing of all the contemporary management methodologies that are currently in existance and available to support your business efforts....

I encourage you to search this site and to review anyone of the free descriptions of the methodologies listeded before you make a trip to any particular management publisher and before you plunk down thousands of your dollars on a hope and a prayer for the purpose of securing employment. The information is free... and available on the web.

Happy Holidays! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Decameron in Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

I'm disappointed with our job market. I am a mid-level training manager for a high tech company and I can only shake my head in dismay at some of these so called 'job opportunities'. RAC, is a great idea. Truly, it's message is a powerful one but there's not much behind the message. For all intensive purposes, it is a wolf in sheep's clothing. RAC, is basically another 'Get Rich Quick' company which invites you based on your willingness to get involved-coupled with how much money you have to invest in "Your own consulting business". Job searchers, always be wary of when a job expresses interest in you and says it's based on your job history but you need to pay to get in. If a company values your skills, they don't need to train you all over again on basic theory. You should be able to take your hard earned, real-world experience, and education, and merely adjust it to fit an internal company SOP. If a representative talks to you about 'having faith, courage, or doing something fundamentally different' --then chances are this is what you think it is. If your that far in the dialogue you may be prey to the good old fashioned 'Hook,line, and sinker' tactic. This is where the company surrounds themselves in the mist of mystique, asks for a commitment up front (like a trip across the country that you pay for), and does not take the time to discuss your credentials.

Good companies offer work based on qualification, relocation assistance, and tangible benefits. They invest in you first. That's why you have a traditional interview. Job Seeker Beware. MLM's in all their numerous shapes and forms are an absolute bad thing during times of prosperity and especially recession.

D-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Excellent comments concerning the book selling RAC and TQI enterprise. Hope that they are enjoying their brand new swank address... during these down times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

KY-JOE in Lexington, Kentucky

74 months ago

Unless you have a magnetic personality that can sell ice cubes to eskimos and have a phone book of personal contacts that will buy off your YOUR creditbilty I suggest you RUN as fast as you can away from the RAC investment opportunity. There are a few affiliates that make very good money using RAC materials. The key word word is "few" - may be a handful. These are the same affiliates that everyone that attends mutual evauation are given as references.

If you attend the mutual evalation and love the RAC materials you'd be much better off purchasing materials pennies on the dollar from former RAC affiliates who would love to unload their stacks of boxes sitting in their garage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

wstcoast in Rapid City, South Dakota

73 months ago

Thanks for the insight!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jodist2003@yahoo.com in Hoboken, New Jersey

71 months ago

Jerry Colatrella in Freehold, New Jersey said: You are welcome. Their ads are very misleading and try to draw your attention away from the truth. My background is in Accounting and nowhere on their website did I see where I would be able to apply my consulting experience in Accounting with them, despite the recruiter telling me otherwise. Luckily, I didn't have to travel anywhere near the amount of miles some people did, but still, it was a waste of time and I would warn anyone who considers working for them to get all the details and then decide.

Very misleading and unfortunate to have this type of company on-line -- especially in today's fragile, economic market. For those looking for an actual job, it is unfortunate that we find these types of "franchises" looking to pull us in. It is like the PYRAMID scam, but worse. Sure, it is very alluring -- until you learn that you have to pay an estimated $29,000.00 for books and materials that will "make you the money." What an insult! I am a doctor with 3 graduate degrees and was told that I will be making a worthy contribution in order to become successful in doing this kind of work. This is an insult to my intelligence AND especially to all of the vulnerable people looking to earn an honest dollar by simply applying to a JOB WITH A SALARY!! Go figure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

chipscholz in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

It is not a scam. It is not misleading. It is not for everyone. For those of us that are very successful with it, the insult is having good, honest people belittled, and a good, honest company maligned. If it wasn't for you, move on and let others be successful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Dear Chip,

I see that you are the honorable defender of RAC and rightfully so since you have found meaning and friendship. Still, it is miss-leading to have RAC promote themselves as a means to an end to the general public... people that are seeking to reinvent themselves. Consulting is very difficult work. It requires an enormous tool shed of skills and experience and talent. The RAC tools are good... but they are repetitive, re-worked, redundant and not very user friendly.

If RAC wants to truly be the leader then they should explain realities of the affiliations needed to be successful at networking and lead generation, etc.... and the costs associated with each. What RAC is... is a group of very nice, pleasant, wholesome folks that are versed in salesmanship. They sell a dream cruise and the ticket to ride are their well titled (The Success Package) materials. It is true that the materials are useful in providing a foundation for guiding individuals and groups toward improved communications... but they even admit it comes down to delivery. If you are not an entertaining speaker with the needed characteristics and communication skills, then your chances are questionable. Just listen to the announcements at the Qs... one-sale; one-sale; one sale... ONE SALE as a reward for the investment of time, money and energy???? After expenses, taxes, benefit costs, etc... Simply, if you plan on entering this field be sure to have enough money to sustain you for at least two to three years.

RAC is direct sales, pure and simple. Pitch to enough people and someone will buy. That is the main principle behind door-to-door vacuum sales. Just add it up. 26K a week equals 104k a month. They supply the cake and cookies.

I sincerely hope that you are well. May I suggest that this forum is not the most constructive use of your time, or mine.... I have said what I wanted and now it is up to others to determine what the good people of Wyomissing are doing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

TKohl in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

These types of forums are a great way to obtain a lot of valuable information. We appreciate the questions presented and we appreciate our current affiliates sharing their personal experiences as it relates to their relationship with RAC. As President of RAC, I welcome any questions in an open effort to help anyone obtain information regarding RAC and our opportunities. You can contact me directly through our web site at www.resourceassociatescorp.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

JA in Bayonne, New Jersey

71 months ago

MORAL AND ETHICS -- Really this is what it boils down to. If you can sleep at night knowing that there are very hungry, vulnerable, unemployed people out there who are looking for a JOB but only end up traveling to a place in PA to get asked for $29,000.00 -- then more power to you.

You must truly consider that this company, "RAC" is being advertised on an online employment website. Thus, your "target market" are people looking for a job, not looking to invest in $29,000.00 worth of materials. Perhaps if RAC marketed themselves to "investment companies" it would feel more ETHICAL. However, there are very vulnerable people who are looking for employment during this difficult economic time and should not be mislead about any potential employment opportunities. Again, we are looking for JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH SALARIES. Investing $29,000.00 IS NOT A CAREER OPPORTUNITY the last time I checked.

By the way, for those truly looking to be "consultants" in the future, there is no way EVER that you MUST put ANY kind of financial investment in order to get to that level. You would be better off going back to school for an organizational consulting business degree with your hard earned $29,000.00. At least you'll obtain a respectable MBA.

Again, morals and ethics is what it comes down to...BUYERS BEWARE!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

JA in Bayonne, New Jersey hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have said it better myself. In any business venture you must understand what you are getting into and RAC is very very good at giving you just enough information to make the opportunity sound really good. They throw out income levels that sound really good and tell you all you need to do is 'follow the process'. However, it's what they don't tell you is key.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I also agree with what JA in Bayonne said and is why I started this thread 11 months ago. I was only interested in becoming an associate and when the VP I last interviewed with said he would call me and I didn't hear from him, I was smart enough to take a hint. Don't call us, we'll call you.

I find it interesting the president of RAC is coming on here defending the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Good Morning,

I too find it curious that the pres is here attempting to re-direct the discussion to (of all places) the RAC website? Give me a break! thats a desperate attempt to get people out and away from this discussion/debate. Read carefully the message:

"These types of forums are a great way to obtain a lot of valuable information".
REALLY? This is valuable information for RAC and their affiliate?

"We appreciate the questions presented and we appreciate our current affiliates sharing their personal experiences as it relates to their relationship with RAC".

Again... REALLY? Most current affiliates are to frightened to express their true feelings about the Business Model. They are stuck trying to retrieve their funds.

As President of RAC, I welcome any questions in an open effort to help anyone obtain information regarding RAC and our opportunities.

This forum is providing observations... not so many questions. Here is being discussed the merits of a sales process. It is not what they tell you that is in question... it is what they do not tell you that has this forum fired-up!

Keep the discussion here... on this public accessed forum. Pleasant day to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Hope Kiefner in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

The point is RAC is misleading people the way it is currently advertising and posting on websites for job seekers. RAC has misrepresented itself time and again at these websites. I am unsure if RAC is still doing this, but at the time of my original posting at this forum RAC was lying (misleading) job seekers. If the company is so great, why is it using such tactics? Is it looking for sucker investors. I hope one day RAC will have to pay back every cent to people who have been scammed and that they have to monetarily compensate people who have paid for trip and hotel thinking they were interviewing for a position. The executives as well as the President should bury their heads in the dirt.

Can I put into more plain English than that. It takes a person to do their own research and direct questioning to get the correct information that RAC is a company that requires a hefty investment. IT IS NOT A JOB. Can we say that again like 100 TIMES. Not all job seekers are going to ask the questions or ask the necessary questions. Fortunately, I did investigate and saved myself a lot of disappointment. That sends a direct message to me that your company RAC has little integrity. Fortunately, I saved myself from making a costly trip only to be told a different story once I got there. Smack...

That is pure deceit and your company will pay the price for its LIES!!! Hopefully people will at least find out the truth that this is NOT A JOB OPPORTUNITY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Casual Observer in Silicon Valley, California

69 months ago

I am just starting to investigate this company. Let me say the following things:

1. OK, so it looks like it is not a traditional job. This is a franchise where you have to invest money to get started, and they will sell you materials that appear to work if you have the skills. Get over it, there are thousands of franchise opportunities out there that require more or less money than RAC.

2. Many seem peeved that RAC presented itself in a way that made you think that you were looking at a traditional employee job, and I have to admit that I also thought RAC was offering jobs. TKohl, if you really are the RAC president, you should take fix this because (a) you are wasting your recruiting resource by misleading people; (b) to the extent that you make yourself look like an employer, you miss entrepreneur-minded people; and (c) these peeved job-seekers are going to end up in some company, and that company might be a prospect. Don’t expect to sell them.

3. Franchise companies really are NOT for everyone. If you are not looking to put some money into a business of your own, you should not be looking at this.

4. Further to point 3., consider that you would not buy a florist franchise if you hated flowers. Similarly, if you do not have a passion and the requisite skills for consulting, you should not buy this franchise.

5. To JA in Bayonne, I do have a degree from an extreme top-10 business school. With my degree, guess what I have to do if I do not want to work for one of the consulting mills but start my own business? I have to invest in it. I have to build a book of business. Sound familiar?

The bottom line is that if you have an employee mindset and are looking for an employee job, and are not interested in starting your own franchise, you have wasted your time. The fault is not all yours, however, because RAC should be much clearer about this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Dear Casual,

You left out a few fundamentals... as does RAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CherylAD in Columbia, Maryland

68 months ago

Getting in is easy. It's getting rid of these people that's hard! I sent a resume and started the process of "Mutual Evaluation". I immediately got a strange vibe that this was not a typical job interview situation and got a little gun shy. When I didn't respond to a followup phone call from the Development Director (read "Business Development"), I got another phone call. At that point, I agreed to schedule a two day Mutual Evaluation. The next day, I politely cancelled my appointment via email. I now get 1-2 phone calls per day from RAC. I feel like I am being hounded by a used car sales person!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CherylAD in Columbia, Maryland

68 months ago

RACFREETOYOU in Carlsbad, California said: Dear Casual,

You left out a few fundamentals... as does RAC.

I agree. In all of my conversations with RAC, the word "Franchise" was never mentioned. I had to directly ask if upfront money was required. Only then did a dollar figure of 29k come into the conversation. But "franchise" was never used. I have no problem with the franchise business model. My problem is with RAC misrepresenting themselves to people who are job hunting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Isoke in Metairie, Louisiana

67 months ago

RAC is certainly not for anyone trying to find a job. Thanks to this blog, I was enlightened about RAC. The company does an excellent job soliciting job seekers and dominating Internet interaction concerning RAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sell4alivn in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

I bought their sales training product off of e-bay. Recently I tried to find a place to get the audio portion on cd's. I can't find a link to specific products. Worse, I can't find a link to any affiliates.

All the websites I found only go back to the RAC website and there is nothing on the website promoting individual affiliates just the opportunity.

It seems a little odd and not end user friendly.

Sell4alivn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

That is because RAC is set up to force you to go through an affiliate for training. Their business model makes you go through 'coaching' that often times averages in the thousands of dollars. RAC does not want you to purchase their training material unless you are an affiliate.

I'm certain if you contact RAC they'd be more than happy to give you some affiliate names but you'd have to purchase the materials through them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sell4alivn in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

I am sure they want me to pay for the coaching but that won't happen. It is good information but not anything that you can't get from other training. The sales training is very basic but relevant and the goal setting is very traditional but nothing you can't get from Franklin Covey or a similar goal setting books.

I did buy this through one of their affiliates that has gone out of business due to health reasons.

I just want to update from cassettes to CD's. I just thought it odd that they don't promote their dealers or consultants. If you go to Dale Carnegie's website you type in a zip code and get the nearest franchise. RAC has nothing like that.

It just seems they want to promote the corporation and how to become an affiliate and not the consultants that already sell the product.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Sell4alivn in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I am sure they want me to pay for the coaching but that won't happen. It is good information but not anything that you can't get from other training. The sales training is very basic but relevant and the goal setting is very traditional but nothing you can't get from Franklin Covey or a similar goal setting books.

I did buy this through one of their affiliates that has gone out of business due to health reasons.

I just want to update from cassettes to CD's. I just thought it odd that they don't promote their dealers or consultants. If you go to Dale Carnegie's website you type in a zip code and get the nearest franchise. RAC has nothing like that.

It just seems they want to promote the corporation and how to become an affiliate and not the consultants that already sell the product.

-----------------
I agree with you. However, in the RAC business model they make their money signing up new affiliates and not necessarily by selling more processes to existing affiliates. I'm sure the existing affiliates would all like to see RAC promote them more.

When new affiliates dry up so will RAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Contrary to published opinion, if you would like assistance in accessing the cd version of the sales process I can certainly help you with that need. Please feel free to contract me directly.

Sell4alivn in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I bought their sales training product off of e-bay. Recently I tried to find a place to get the audio portion on cd's. I can't find a link to specific products. Worse, I can't find a link to any affiliates.

All the websites I found only go back to the RAC website and there is nothing on the website promoting individual affiliates just the opportunity.

It seems a little odd and not end user friendly.

Sell4alivn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SJGorek in Medina, Ohio

62 months ago

Read no further "Casual" has said much on this topic and appropriately.

But NOT ALL. Simply put if your marketing a franchise - RAC should say so! Mac Donald does! If your an employer of any type; Full Time, Part Time or Contract - recruit accordingly!

In my 40 years in the job market, I have found few things that annoy people as much as mis-representation. I was recently contacted by this RAC and was in the past. Fortunately, I have worked as an independtent consultant as one for a major consulting firms. Their lack of responding to direct questions, a little research and a lot of ego on my part casued me to break the dialogue. If you want a franchise you may want to try this BUT I suggest you have strong business/application credentials to support your in the field - you will be the only one out there, except for your good name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Another Screen Name in Anytown, Kansas

62 months ago

OK Sports Fans and Consultant Wanna-Be's: The only trick to analyzing a company is to follow the money. So .... follow along:

$26,000 x 600 Suckers buying into a false dream = $15.6M
RAC, privately held by about 30 nice people, averages to $520,000 each. I'm sure it's tiered in favor of the genious who thought of this. Back out a couple of grand in "development" costs, a little for ... I don't know ... phone bill and other adminitrative costs ... factor in that these chumps actually pay their own way to the Mutual Evaluation meeting, so RAC doesn't have to ... Incredible profit margin. It's free money. Selling cheap, un-inspiring, recycled materials for $26,000! Wow. Amazing.

The smartest people in the room here are the RAC execs. All others should return to their original villages. Happy hunting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

I do believe these forums are a great way for the forum's users to obtain information and knowledge and I do appreciate our affiliates taking the time to post their feedback regarding their relationship with RAC. I also believe that if someone has questions often times it is helpful to communicate with the source. As President of RAC, I welcome anyone with questions to call me directly and the easiest way to get my contact information is via our web page.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lookin4answers in Omaha, Nebraska

61 months ago

Okay. Tammy Kohl, if you believe in your product and services, here is an idea....Charge the "investment", but then finance it. Make it not only easier for people to get involved, but show them that you believe in them and in yourself.

If you believe that your affiliates will be profitable, and you believe your training will make them that way, then you should have no problem taking part of their profits each month to pay for the training. I am positive that you have intelligent attorneys on staff who can draw up an agreement that works for both sides.

Also, if you believe in the forums, then please help someone like me understand why this one has changed my mind BEFORE I make the scheduled call to Jill Bradley, who contacted me from your offices.

I would love to think you are legit.

Why would you ask people to contact you directly instead of defending your company, in this forum, for all to see?

I hope it's not a liability for you to disclose answers to those who you solicit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

It is certainly not a liability to disclose answers to people who are interested in aligning with our firm. I offer the personal connection via phone as many people’s questions are very specific and personal to them. It is important that people see we are approachable and accountable at all levels. RAC offers a proven business opportunity and we are not a franchise. The initial investment is backed by proven tools, training and services and there are no ongoing fees or revenue splits. We are aligned with a financing company and make those options available to qualified candidates at the appropriate point in the qualification process. Beyond the phone interview and initial information exchange we provide a two-day mutual evaluation process so that both the interested candidate and RAC can make an educated decision about whether aligning is the best decision. Our goal is to help qualified candidates identify if an independent business opportunity in the consulting field is the next right step in their personal career exploration.

I extend the same personal offer to you. If there are specific questions that are important to you, please feel free to call me directly as you can reach me at the same number you have for Ms. Bradley. Happy New Year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charles Denning Jr in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

For what ever it's worth, I own and operate a firm named xVP Solutions. I am an affiliate of RAC and have been since March of 2009.

RAC is a fine organization. You should do your due diligence. You'll find they are second to none.

The tools, aids, and RAC support will allow you the opportunity to build a successful consulting practice. However, in the end it is up to you as to how successful you will be. RAC doesn't do it for you.

This is not an easy business. In my opinion, RAC makes a good effort in explaining this in the mutual evaluation.

Those that b_tch and moan about the investment and lack of success should stay in the corporate world or hire an RAC Affiliate to coach them! I hope you'll contact me.

Feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

www.xvpsolutions.com
cdenning@xvpsolutions.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bradley Hyde in Spartanburg, South Carolina

61 months ago

So, it seems that we have a BUNCH of different named companies all marketing the same product as RAC, all hoping to make lots of money selling the same opportunity that they have bought into? Seems like a classic pyramid scheme to me! If I am wrong, please tell me WHAT PRODUCT you are marketing, WHAT SERVICE you provide -- other than passing on the training that you bought??? Is there anyone out there who was trained by RAC who is marketing mushrooms, computers, piano lessons, leather imports, or a travel agency??? If you provide "consulting services" with what types of business do you consult? Please, if you are going to defend RAC, be concrete about it; no more "They're a great company" stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hank Sullivan in Hayward, California

61 months ago

As a Resource Associate Affiliate since 2004, I know for a fact that this business is not for everybody. However, if you want a business that allows you to have your own business that allows you to help people every day make improvements in their lives and jobs then this is it.
The investment is very small related to the ROI that the affliate can achieve. This is not a job but an independant business and the only one who is responsible for your success is you.
There is an old saying that applies to this great opportunity and it is " If it is to be, it is up to me". It is not the responsibility of RAC to make you a success nor does it create failures.
I get up each day knowing that my clients( not RAC's) need my help. I am fortunate to have the ability to use the finest tools in our industry to help them. Those tools come from RAC. They are developed from collaborating with some of the finest people I have ever had the honor and pleasure of being associated.

Independent business people are just that- Independent not Dependent. If you want a job then stop considering RAC. If you want a great opportunity and independence then RAC could be the one for you.

There is a great saying in Napolean Hills's Laws of Success:
"You cannot become a power in your community nor achieve enduring success in any worthy undertaking until you become big enough to blame yourself for your own mistakes and reverses"

RAC can be a great opportunity for someone who wants to make it so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

david luckenbach in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

it seems that they do ply on some slippery slopes. no where was i ever told about the cash up front and the marketing tools needed for each seminar or class. was led to believe that this was/is an consulting job working for them in my area of Penn. left after lunch on the first day of the 'mutual evaluation'. more pissed at myself for getting sucked in to this scheme. so some of you are good at this, but it seems that you are on the minority for sure. not really helping on any topics, just some self help mumbo jumbo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Art Ferreira in Peachtree City, Georgia

53 months ago

If you decide to buy into the RAC "opportunity" please let me know and I will sell you piles of RAC books that are sitting in my basement. Make me an offer so I can clear out my basement and you can get material really cheap. Do I have to say anymore? Please huury before all the material is in my trash can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andre Solomon in Brielle, New Jersey

53 months ago

Hi Art,

Do you still have the RAC books? I would like to take them off your hands, especially the marketing material. How can I contact you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

GAPA in Portage, Indiana

53 months ago

I was just contacted by these people and they lead me to believe that this was job opportunity in their company..... they are to call me back tomorrow...now I know what questions to ask

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Do not waste your money or time. It's really that simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike NYC in River Edge, New Jersey

51 months ago

Folks, it's very simple. If you are looking for a job and a company calls you demanding money, IT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE JOB OFFER. If you are an investor or potential franchisee, that's a different story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

dan-boston in Boston, Massachusetts

45 months ago

I really appreciate these comments even though some of you guys are not focusing on writing relevant opinions. Nonetheless, I got a call today and the guy asked what I was up to etc. He explained the business and at the end he did say there "might" be an investment.

Since I'm a job hunter, I knew this wasn't going to work but I think he was correct in assuming that I might have money and I might be out of a job. Just because I'm jobless doesn't mean I'm broke. Not only that, the website does not mention how much is needed for investment.

This is my recommendation for RAC and job hunters...
- I could of saved you (RAC) 15 minutes of your life by telling you I am broke and ending the conversation.
- Why don't you say your a franchise? To me, it sounds better because now I think you could be a scam.
- During the whole conversation I thought it was a salaried job. It's clearly not. This is the only issue I had with the conversation. If I ever think your hiding information, I can't trust you.
- So here is the biggest question of all! If your a consulting firm, wouldn't you make more by hiring people to do the work like how ever other consulting firm works?

I do agree with some, RAC does have a smoke and mirros way about getting people to their "mutual meetings." I wish someone who is currently working at RAC could tell us how it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

The whole RAC business is pretty simple. RAC makes a bulk, if not most, of their money by signing up affiliates who in turn are required to purchase over 23K (probably more by now) of their leadership books and materials. I don’t know this for a fact but I would bet the number of processes their affiliates sell as a part of their business is miniscule compared to the processes the new affiliates are forced to purchase when they sign up for RAC.

RAC never has any ‘skin in the game’ to motivate them and help ensure your success if you decide to become an affiliate. You pay for all travel expenses for flying or driving to Pennsylvania for a ‘mutual evaluation’ which is nothing more than a two day sales pitch. Once you agree to buy 23K worth of their material they’ll charge you another 3K not including travel to head back to Pennsylvania to attend their sales training which most people feel like they need to do. You can see very quickly that you are out of pocket almost 30K by now and RAC is out nothing.

Yes, some people do make money selling RAC processes. But you have to look at what they were doing before they became a RAC affiliate. Chances are they were doing something very similar with a consulting practice or they are very gifted salesmen. Either way, they are not starting ‘cold’. They have connections, sales experience, and the ability to make money other ways than just selling RAC processes.

The biggest fallacy that RAC wants you to believe is that “Sales is a process”. If you use their process then the material practically sells itself. A process can help a good salesman sale more and be more organized but a process cannot make someone a good salesman. Selling is an art and a gift. If you don’t have the gift of selling then do not become a RAC affiliate.

I hope this helps anyone looking at RAC to make a better informed decision one way or the other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dom Addeo in Fernandina Beach, Florida

22 months ago

As of March 27, 2013, RAC is still using the same methods stated months ago on this blog. I applied last month via Beyond;The CareerNetwork™ for what I thought was a consulting position with Resource Associates Corporation (I admittedly did no research on them). I received a call today from a RAC rep. regarding "opportunities" through RAC, and at first it sounded like another executive coaching firm. He sent me the link to the RAC site and suggested I view the testimonial videos. There was no mention of fees, etc., but I suspected as much and found this blog via searching for RAC scams via the web. I have no illusions about these "firms" or the people who run them; they probably serve some consulting purpose and I am sure there is some percentage of success by those who pay the fees and become RAC zealots. But I feel for folks who are desperate for work and are drawn in with high hopes and their check books.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

femstallion in High Springs, Florida

16 months ago

Arnold Rintzler in South Orange, New Jersey said: I have been connected with Resource Associates Corporation for 13 years, and I can't say enough positive about the organization. Their business model is predicated on the succes of the affiliates in the network. Because of that, they are highly skilled at teaching the affiliates how to market, sell and deliver their processes. There is ongoing training and support at all times, both from Resource Associates Corporation itself and from the entire network of affiliates.

I seriously have a difficult time with a service that is being offered can't be explained. It actually pisses me off. What RAC is doing is misleading and I can assure you with an MBA under my belt, not a necessary business "black hole." I've already spent a ton of money on my education. When I asked the CSR what you do for me, he couldn't answer the question. Now, I became even more infuriated with him. I stated you get me to give you my resume, and cover letter thinking I'm going to get a job with you only to be confronted with the notion I will have to pay for more education and services of which he really couldn't explain to me. I'm not into the intangible anymore...what is it that you offer me??? It appears to more of a scam, with I'm sure Adult Education classes in your neighborhood offering the same materials. This appears to be all "Smoke and Mirrors." Sorry, I don't fall that easily into something like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.