RadioShack Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at RadioShack?

What do you like best about working at RadioShack? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

G in Harrison Township, Michigan

90 months ago

Don't expect much, unless you can sell 10 cell phones a day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Steven A in Kansas City, Missouri

86 months ago

Yep radioshack is a place where they base it on if you sell cell phones you will make money if not you make nothing. And its also funny you can't say Merry Christmas but all they play in there during the Holidays is Christmas music.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

RONALD MILITELLO in North Adams, Massachusetts

79 months ago

INTEREST IN RADIOSHACK HIRING REQUIRMENTS AND EMPLOYEE BEBEFITS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

mm645 in New York, New York

71 months ago

They are always lossing my houra and paycheck. I am calling the Lawyers in!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Danielle Demchak in Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

BK813 in Virginia said: I'm working there now, trying to make ends meet. Manager is cool, co-workers are cool, job is easy, but the money is atrocious! Never thought I would need a job so bad that I would go back to making $7.25 an hour. Unfortunately, jobs that pay decent are scarce in this area.

One thing I have noticed though, and I'm hoping someone here can shed light on it, is my commissions don't add up right. I'm referring to the Performance SPIFF's. I exceeded the required $75 per hour & had over approximately $3K in sales for the week. According to RS, if you meet or exceed the required hourly sales mark for the week, you are to receive a SPIFF of 2.75% of that weeks sales. So, on $3K, that would be a SPIFF of $82.50. My question is why, even though I met the performance goals and had over $3K in sales, did my Performance SPIFF total a mere $32 and change?

Has anyone else encoutered this issue on their check? If so, what did you do to correct it? I'm wondering how cooperative management will be in this regard. Believe me, I'm hunting fervently for better job options!

If any big ticket items are returned that you sell, you lose your SPIFFs. I saw that happen to my old manager. he didn't activate a set of phones correctly and got the sale returned. The sale was nearly a $200 sale... that took $40 out of his paycheck because the items where returned. if you are finding things that are wrong and you can't talk to your manager about them, then you need to talk to your district manager and let them know that your manager isn't meeting the expectations that you wrote down in your FasTracks. And for those people that are running down the job @ radio shack, it only requires you to sell a few accessories with cell phones and ask for a few email addresses! if you can't do that, then maybe high end retail isn't your thing. Working @ radio shack sure beats working @ wegmans or any other grocery store chain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lighthouser in blacksburg, Virginia

58 months ago

Danielle Demchak in Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania said: If any big ticket items are returned that you sell, you lose your SPIFFs. I saw that happen to my old manager. he didn't activate a set of phones correctly and got the sale returned. The sale was nearly a $200 sale... that took $40 out of his paycheck because the items where returned. if you are finding things that are wrong and you can't talk to your manager about them, then you need to talk to your district manager and let them know that your manager isn't meeting the expectations that you wrote down in your FasTracks. And for those people that are running down the job @ radio shack, it only requires you to sell a few accessories with cell phones and ask for a few email addresses! if you can't do that, then maybe high end retail isn't your thing. Working @ radio shack sure beats working @ wegmans or any other grocery store chain.

Danielle, i'm sorry but it's not that easy! A few accessories and email addresses? Yeah, it's real easy to sell cell phone accessories, especially phone cases for phones that Radio Shack does not even sell the case for. Yet they have cases for phones they never had or no longer have!!!

And regarding the Performance SPIFF's, that is the most confusing mess I've ever seen! They are constantly messing that and paychecks up. I can't tell you how many co workers I saw have to call and get their paychecks cleared up and have to wait on the new check to come.

Radio Shack is not worth working for. They are the poor man's Best Buy and most people come in to buy cordless phone batteries (and still bark about how overpriced they are!) and small parts. And the crazy items people bring from home to expect you to have replacements for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Clemente in Athens, Ohio

48 months ago

BK813 in Virginia said: I'm working there now, trying to make ends meet. Manager is cool, co-workers are cool, job is easy, but the money is atrocious! Never thought I would need a job so bad that I would go back to making $7.25 an hour. Unfortunately, jobs that pay decent are scarce in this area.

One thing I have noticed though, and I'm hoping someone here can shed light on it, is my commissions don't add up right. I'm referring to the Performance SPIFF's. I exceeded the required $75 per hour & had over approximately $3K in sales for the week. According to RS, if you meet or exceed the required hourly sales mark for the week, you are to receive a SPIFF of 2.75% of that weeks sales. So, on $3K, that would be a SPIFF of $82.50. My question is why, even though I met the performance goals and had over $3K in sales, did my Performance SPIFF total a mere $32 and change?

Has anyone else encoutered this issue on their check? If so, what did you do to correct it? I'm wondering how cooperative management will be in this regard. Believe me, I'm hunting fervently for better job options!

Ok How the Performance SPIFF works...is that you don't get 2.75% off of the total sales for the week. You only get it for stuff that is smaller like parts, batteries, cases, chargers, pretty much accessories. So if you get $3k a week then you don't get 2.75% off of that...just off of the above mentioned items. You might want to look into it the commission information a little more when you are at work. Lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Ankeny, Iowa

42 months ago

Tom in Norfolk, Virginia said: Radioshack used to base your pay on commission, which provided the opportunity to make as much money as you wanted, but I understand they scrapped this system to pay people a low hourly rate to save money... might as well work at WalMart.

They do still pay commission by the way.. its base pay is minimum wage. they got rid of the better pay for full time compared to part time because minimum wage went up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ash in Ankeny, Iowa

42 months ago

At least you didnt work the company and get tired of being harrassed so you report your manager and the manager wanted to fire you so you quit because it was uncalled for the way he was talking to you. so i quit and then corporate radioshack granted my job back and then the acting district manager was trying to write me up for unnecessary things. i had pneumonia and since we deal with customers every day i can't work well he said i still needed to work. I quit because i gave him a note telling my manager what i had and the district manager knew. my manager said it was fine that i called in because i was sick but the district manager had a problem with it. now i am unable to work at any wireless place for 6 months and radioshack won't pay me unemployment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

ali marie in Lombard, Illinois

35 months ago

G in Harrison Township, Michigan said: Don't expect much, unless you can sell 10 cell phones a day!

Well I mean obviously.. phones are one of radioshacks major drivers of the business and steadily increasing ..and you are paid a BASE PAY plus commision because its a sales job..if you can't sell or dont want to then you aren't a fit for the job anyway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sam Lewis in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

ali marie in Lombard, Illinois said: Well I mean obviously.. phones are one of radioshacks major drivers of the business and steadily increasing ..and you are paid a BASE PAY plus commision because its a sales job..if you can't sell or dont want to then you aren't a fit for the job anyway

"Fit for the job"? That's twice now in this forum I've read something along those lines and I can't even sit still. Nobody is fit for this job and let me explain why.... This job is by no measure intended to be a solvent means of making a living. So many retail stores tout "commission opportunities" as a huge benefit, accompanied by a minimum wage pay rate. It is essentially how they justify the minimum wage pay. But once you're in the door you quickly learn that these so called commissions are mere pennies, and is completely unrealistic to expect anyone to be able to sell enough product to supplement their pay in any meaningful way. It's a total scam and companies know this.. And they don't care. Because they'll just as soon hire another schlub off the street the day after an employee quits after they see their first paycheck and figure out that the "commission system" wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Which is just as well by the company because they sure as heck don't want any career employees who might expect health insurance or anything of the sort. Just keep the turnaround high and pay those minimum wage pay checks. Just keep duping people for about a month or so to push as much product as they can for the greater good of Radioshack or what ever company it may be, have them quit on their own accord, repeat. I'd bet that if I walked into my local radioshack and asked the first associate I saw how long they had been working there it would be less than a couple months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.