What's the company culture at Ram Theater Services?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Ram Theater Services?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Ram Theater Services?

Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Jefferson City, Missouri

37 months ago

There are multiple publishers in the US that have procured money from neighborhood businesses for ad space in a coupon mailer provided by RAM Theater Services. These publishers, including myself, have then paid RAM Theater Services $5290 on each press event, who was contracted to have the coupon mailers printed and direct mailed to said neighborhoods, only to find out that the coupon mailers were either: never printed or never delivered to the neighborhoods as stated. RAM and it’s owner have held onto the monies paid to them that were designated for the printing of the magazines and/or the postage to the USPS on the magazines.

It turns out the printer was unaware of the Ponzi scheme going on and it appears as RAM Marketing/RAM Theater Services has duped everyone involved. Several graphic designers have had their name and business ruined due to this scheme. A couple of designers have homes now in foreclosure. Others have lost hundreds of dollars, while others have lost thousands.

This company and it’s owner continues to post job postings to various online websites such as Indeed, JuJu, Job Spider, Craig’s List, Zip Recruiter and more looking to recruit more people to take advantage of. They are continually looking for more people to steal from and I ask that you please not give any money to this company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

The Real Deal in Saint Louis, Missouri

36 months ago

Hello, Bob

Bob did you pay your $5290.00 up front? Are did you pay it from all of your Ad Sales. The reason I would like to know becasue I am really interested in working with RAM. I have spoken to Reps around the country and although it's a new company I haven't taken away from it the comments like what I read. Do you have any proof you can provide?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Jim in Bonita Springs, Florida said: I work with a vendor for Ram Theater Services. I also know several of their Publishers. They are known for fast pay and no debt to their printers etc.
Sounds like Bob was never a Publisher and just trying to cause troubles, likely he is from a competitor of theirs.

If you know of several of their publishers then you know most have jumped ship from paying for a service they either never received, or received very late to the point it's upset the advertisers and ruined the business of the publisher. I know of at least 15 or so that no longer publish with RAM due to this very issue.

As far as debt to their printers, I know QuadGraphics has a $17 MILLION dollar lawsuit against the owner or RAM - I'd say that is well beyond your statement of "no debt" and they would certainly agree. There is a printer in Colorado and one in Wisconsin still waiting to collect payment from RAM for services rendered from anywhere from 60 days to over 4 months ago. I'd suggest you do your research instead of buying into the junk from the owner of RAM.

I did publish with RAM, RAM Marketing, RAM Theater Services, 3 SEED MEDIA (all names used during my publishing time) and am only stating the facts. In fact, I'd say some of you need to do some more research. If you did, you'd know that there is currently a mug shot that belongs to the owner and mastermind of RAM using a different name which he's been KNOWN to do. Check out the charges! They are for forgery and counterfeiting and FELONY charges at that. Feel free to give away your money to this ponzi scheme and good luck, you'll need it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

The Real Deal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Hello, Bob

Bob did you pay your $5290.00 up front? Are did you pay it from all of your Ad Sales. The reason I would like to know becasue I am really interested in working with RAM. I have spoken to Reps around the country and although it's a new company I haven't taken away from it the comments like what I read. Do you have any proof you can provide?

The $5290 was required upfront to cover printing and postage fees and was covered from the sale of ads. I have more than enough proof and have reported the company and it's owner to several government agencies including the FBI. There is a reporter in Naples, FL that has jumped on this story and will be printing the story. If you want to publish a magazine/coupon mailer, find a reputable company! RAM isn't it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Stan in Rockford, Illinois

35 months ago

The Real Deal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Hello, Bob

Here's more PROOF! After 27 years of HONEST advertising Design-- i got ripped off by RAM also! And the countless hours I lost when RAM (Shaun) lied to me & said the printer didn't print my Fall magazines! WHAT! (^$%^&^*%&*(**) So I redid ALL my ads for Christmas, apologized to ALL my clients, had to refund money to "seasonal" clients.. on & on-- he's a scammer!
No refund, no apology!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Huntsville Alabama

35 months ago

Shaun Michael J. Reilly Boylan et al,

Since you did not bother to respond to our Better Business Bureau complaint filed in Ft. Myers, FL I'll try this forum.

You/RAM still owe us 300 sample magazines to distribute to our customers so they could hand out magazines to their customers. These were promised in the original agreement and again promised to be delivered in your/Boylan's many emails.

We are disappointed but not surprised. We learned the hard way that your/RAM's word was no good. Beware!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

John,

Thanks for chiming in to help other poor unsuspecting souls form getting ripped off like we did!
Shaun Michael J. Reilly Boylan (Crime activity page has his name as: BOYLAN, MICHAEL J)

Then, above he plays as if he's a Publisher! It's alias Shaun from Bonita Springs, not Jim! After spelling out how I got ripped off- he asks what I did differently?? And Publishers that are pleased?? They all bailed! I reported SCAM/Ponzi activity to various JOB sites as well. Lastly, I alerted potential publishers who called me from the Chicago area inquiring about RAM Marketing; they said "Thanks for savings us!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Jim in Bonita Springs, Florida said: Hi Stan,

What did YOU do differently than all of the rest of us?
Late pay?
No Pay?
Late art?
No art?

I know of several Publishers that are pleased.

Shaun this is getting old. Stop blaming the publishers for your screw ups! You keep trying to claim that publishers paid late, didn't pay, were late with their artwork or never supplied artwork. Stop the lies!

Here's a lesson in the process for those that know nothing about it: We PREpaid $5,290 to $7,990 by CASHIER'S CHECK to RAM/Shaun depending on our magazine and number of mailings and did so PRIOR to the artwork deadlines. RAM/Shaun was to pay that to the printer for printing and postage and take his cut off the top. The problem? Magazines would sit on the printer floor awaiting postage that came late or never came at all. Why? Because RAM/Shaun never paid the printer like he was contracted to do.

I'm so sick of you not taking responsibility. My God, more than a dozen publishers have documentation on all this and you can't deny or refute it. I would think all your lies would be hard to keep track of but you're clearly an expert at it!

Oh, and WHO are these pleased publishers? Are they from your last press event? How many got their magazines late by two to four weeks? Have you paid your bills to Ries Graphics or Southeastern Printing? Anyone reading this can now know who to check in with to see if you paid your bills.

The moral of the story? Stop being a thief and a liar and pay your bills!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

John in Huntsville Alabama said: Shaun Michael J. Reilly Boylan et al,

Since you did not bother to respond to our Better Business Bureau complaint filed in Ft. Myers, FL I'll try this forum.

You/RAM still owe us 300 sample magazines to distribute to our customers so they could hand out magazines to their customers. These were promised in the original agreement and again promised to be delivered in your/Boylan's many emails.

We are disappointed but not surprised. We learned the hard way that your/RAM's word was no good. Beware!

John,

Sorry you were lied to as well and didn't get what you paid for. But thanks for sharing your story so others can steer clear of RAM and Michael J. Boylan, aka Shaun Boylan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Bob said it well. Shaun's lies hold no water. We ALL had to pay at least $5290 UPFRONT! Been working in Chicago for over 25 years & never got scammed...until now. Can you imagine forking out over $5 Grand, and your town did not receive 10,000 mailings as promised??--AND have to answer to all your hard-earned retail customers that their magazine, with their sharp looking ads you designed are hopefully still arriving... late?-- or not at all??!!
Never had my life so ruined by anyone! I'm still paying back customers & trying to repair my once good name...

Pleased Publisher 4Y ears in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

First, there is no BOB from Jefferson City.

Second, nobody pays upfront (I am a Publisher) You pay one pay for address labels, a second pay when your art is delivered for print and a final pay for mailing.

We all know that we must do these on schedule. If you are late, pay improperly , bounce a check or do not have art ready you miss out.

It is this simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Tanned_Toni in Kansas City, Missouri

35 months ago

Sorry to have missed the party. I'm joining late but I'm here and ready to mingle!

Dear Pleased Publisher, I have all the contracts and emails from the first day I started publishing with RAM and Shaun. They all prove that we are required to pay PRIOR to uploading our art files and we were to do so with a CASHIER'S CHECK. Anyone doing their research can contact any printer across the nation and find out that they all require money up front for a job pertaining to multiple magazines. Some of the printers my grant credit if they were duped as a couple have been recently, such as Ries Graphics and Southeastern Printing. They had to learn their lesson the hard way unfortunately not to work with RAM/Shaun.

Your story is tired and old Shaun ("Pleased Publisher"), we've heard it repeatedly that your excuses for the late mailings of magazines was due to late payments, improper payments (wtf?), bounced checks, or late/missing art files. Oh, your other excuses have been the freight systems and I have all the emails from the first of the year where you are talking about the new freight system and how that now that you have it in place there would be no more delays, blah, blah, blah. Your lies never stop! There was no "new" freight system and the late mailings didn't stop either!

And yes, the process should be simple and should work when you take the monies paid to you and pay it to the printer to cover the printing and postage like a good little boy. The problem is, you're not a good little boy. Do you honestly think none of us publishers can produce emails, receipts, bank statements, press schedules, etc? You need to get over yourself, seriously!

There are so many publishers now that have banded against you and we're refusing to back down. You better gear up 'cuz it's going to be a long fight and we're just getting started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shelly Kurtz in Saint Louis, Missouri

35 months ago

I was a publisher for one issue and was cheated by these guys. What legal action has anyone taken so far. I have a complaint at the BBB But, I think we need to ban together and fight them as a group. Any ideas?

35 months ago

HOW exactly were you cheated?

Did you mail on time?

Were you real late?

What did you do incorrect?

Are you blaming them?

Are they stepping up and trying the help you?

How many days past the deadline was your art?

Your payment?

Your postage?

Honestly now...the truth hurts...but lets see if we get it here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Shelly Kurtz in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I was a publisher for one issue and was cheated by these guys. What legal action has anyone taken so far. I have a complaint at the BBB But, I think we need to ban together and fight them as a group. Any ideas?

Most of us publishers have filed complaints with the local BBB office, the Florida Attorney General, the FBI, the FTC, and the IRS. We are banded together and I'm glad you're joining the fight. RAM is just a company. It's the man behind RAM that needs to be stopped as he could change business names and go out and do this again to more people.

Let's keep in touch...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Pleased Publisher 4Y ears in Dallas, Texas said: HOW exactly were you cheated?
Did you mail on time? Were you real late? What did you do incorrect? Are you blaming them? Are they stepping up and trying the help you? How many days past the deadline was your art? Your payment? Your postage? Honestly now...the truth hurts...but lets see if we get it here.

LOL! This is so funny it's ridiculous. These questions have all been answered by all the publishers you've screwed over.

My magazines were late both on the Holiday event and the April event. You blamed the post office for the Holiday event. The paperwork and the postmaster of my local DDU both say otherwise, and I have documents showing I paid on time and uploaded artwork on time, so that leaves you as the culprit.

Was I real late? Seriously? Any delay is late regardless if it's one week or six weeks. Advertisers are paying for an eight week coupon ad. Don't minimize any delay because it IS important to the paying customers!

I did nothing incorrect. I followed your requirements by adhering to the payment and artwork deadlines put forth by YOU and paid by a cashiers check as expected by YOU.

Duh, yes I'm blaming them! Are you not paying attention? No they've (YOU) never stepped up except to provide excuses and lies as to why it all happened. They (YOU) have always sought out others to blame for your own incompetence.

Let's get together with some attorneys and share paperwork and see who wins! What do you say?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Still waiting for the answer from the Publisher and not you Toni.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Late?

I saw your receipts that you are a TOTAL of four days late.

I also saw an email from the plant apologizing for a four day delay due to FOLDER problems.

Now what do you say?

By the way I saw a post at three different forums about YOU Toni.

Lanham Act Violation
Unjust Enrichment
Slander
Defamation
And more...google yourself.

Look up these legal terms.

By the way HE has too much good work to do and I am taking up the mantle here with other happy Publishers on other forums. Even though these are basically meaningless....

By the way don't you have work to do? I do, bye!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Four days late IS LATE! I have also seen an email from the plant that mentions a folder problem but it DID NOT affect the print run. The 6 day schedule on that started on 4/10 and was due on 4/17. It was 4/16 when the mention of a folder problem arose and it was well within the schedule. You failed to provide all the information pertaining to the email exchange and deliberately used parts of it so it would be taken out of context to take the responsibility off of you.

You can spit your legal terms all day long. NONE of us publishers care because we have the paperwork to prove that you did not deliver paid magazines on time as contracted.

Funny thing is, there are more than a dozen publishers that have had issues...we are standing together. Where's your band of merry men?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Stan in Rockford, Illinois said: Here's more lies I just noticed coming from Fictitious Texas publisher -- ALL past publishers will back this with hard evidence; below are the main deceptions;

First, there is no BOB from Jefferson City. (Yes there is!)
Second, nobody pays upfront (I am a Publisher) You pay one pay for address labels, a second pay when your art is delivered for print and a final pay for mailing.
LIES, LIES, LIES!! He's NOT a Publisher! All the ex-publishers/ recent victims are screaming out loud how we got ripped off!
We ALL paid UPFRONT- that's the whole problem!

I've still got my trial publisher agreement that says we pay in advance with a cashiers check don't you Stan? I've also got plenty of emails and press schedules that show we pay first don't you? Hmmm...And, all of our documents will line up with the printer and the dates they printed. No denying we are telling the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse