randstad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

jobseeker in Nashua, New Hampshire

91 months ago

tammy in Richland, Washington said: I am new to this area, was given this name by an employment agency. Sooo what exactly is Randstad?

It is a temp. agency but one of the better ones in the area not to many are worthy of applying to so beware...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Duluth, Georgia

90 months ago

Randstad is a temp agency, note the word "temp". The vast majority of Randstad's placements are for strictly short-term or long-term temporary positions, not temp-to-hire (which seldom go perm) or direct hire, and all of their positions are on the low end of the pay scale (ex an Admin Assistant is lucky to make $12 an hour and most CSRs only make $8 maybe $10/hour).

If you are looking to obtain a perm position, do your best to apply directly to actual employers. Post your resume to job boards such as CareerBuilder and Monster and the local paper's job website. Contact companies in your area and try to speak with managers of the department you are interested in obtaining work in.

If you are contacted by an agency recruiter, I'd advise you ignore them unless they directly represent the employer (a lot of corporations now have their own recruiting companies or departments). Most agency recruiters are only contacting you to get you to submit your resume and waste your time registering with their agency so they can fill their resume/registration quoto for the week.

I'm not telling you it's impossible to actually get a perm position through an agency, but the odds are heavily against it, I've only obtained one in all the many times I worked through an agency and it wasn't through Randstad!

There is one instance I recommend registering with an employment agency, and that is if it offers from the date you register, free access to online training so you can improve or add to your skills (Manpower does).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

former randstad employee in Hanover, Maryland

90 months ago

You might want to brush up on your knowledge. They DO in fact place on a permanent level in addition to temp-perm and contract. They DO offer online trainings free of charge in each branch for your benefit. And NO they do not have "quotos" on how many resumes they need to register.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

89 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Kulpsville, Pennsylvania said: This agency is being sued by me for age discrimination. I don't agree with the fact that if you're over 50, they don't want you. I can do everything that those so called "kids" can do, and even better. I don't hang on my cell phone all day, and I will not go off and make babies.

I can say that I personally have seen at least one person who was given a temp-to-perm assignment through Randstad and the person was hired permanently after a few months. The person was a 60 year old woman and she contributed greatly to the work effort Her suggestions based on her previous experience were adopted by all the other workers there which enhanced the overall productivity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Danita in Wayne, New Jersey

88 months ago

tammy in Richland, Washington said: I am new to this area, was given this name by an employment agency. Sooo what exactly is Randstad?

Randstad is another employment agencey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kevin white in summit, New Jersey

85 months ago

i hear that this is a good agency to work for .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tkoczor767@aol.com

43 months ago

Couldn't agree more with Randstadt being useless. They ruined an opportunity for me with a terrible set-up in job placement----should have strictly adhered to the temp side as was initially presented.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

plunkettdsla in Iselin, New Jersey

41 months ago

tkoczor767@aol.com said: Couldn't agree more with Randstadt being useless. They ruined an opportunity for me with a terrible set-up in job placement----should have strictly adhered to the temp side as was initially presented.

Randstad is the most useless, incompetent agency I've ever dealt with. They gave me the impression that I was on the verge of starting a good new job, sent me for drug tests, physicals, etc, and said once the results were in they'd give me a start date. Then they seemed to fall off the face of the earth. It took over a week to get them to give the medical center authorization to do the physical, and as far as a start date?? They do not return phone calls or emails. I've even written a letter of complaint to their US Headquarters. They've kept me hanging for over a month without answering my messages

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NJDan in South River, New Jersey

41 months ago

kevin white in summit, New Jersey said: i hear that this is a good agency to work for .

I've had to get jobs through many different agencies, and was generally satisfied with the service I got from all of them...except Randstad; the most frustrating, aggravating outfit I've ever dealt with. I was told I DEFINITELY had a job, and would soon be given a start date. A month later I have no idea what's going on. They do not return phone calls or emails. My agent called me back once in a month's time and gave me nothing but vague and evasive answers which could be interpreted any of several ways. When pressed for verification, all I got was an earful of more double-speak. I've written to their US Headquarters and gotten no reply from them either. I have zero respect for this agency. I feel like they've done nothing but lie to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

TK

41 months ago

I agree with you about Randstad being useless --- they messed me up with a company and now "they" say that they cannot work with me anymore. RECOMMEND: ALL JOBSEEKERS TO STAY AWAY FROM RANDSTAD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

berta in Plainfield, New Jersey

38 months ago

I really that Randstas Is not a good agency

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Thomas in Bear, Delaware

33 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Kulpsville, Pennsylvania said: This agency is being sued by me for age discrimination. I don't agree with the fact that if you're over 50, they don't want you. I can do everything that those so called "kids" can do, and even better. I don't hang on my cell phone all day, and I will not go off and make babies.

Recently applied for a job that I am very qualified for at randstad.Aside from my initial interview ,have not heard anything positive.Although I am pretty sure I know whats going on I cant prove anything.Unfortunately age discrimination is the "perfect" crime and impossible to prove.It is best to move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley

23 months ago

I'm suing Randstad for discrimination based on my disability and also my pregnancy. They will not stop harassing me! Please be very careful when dealing with this company!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathryn in Brighton, Massachusetts

23 months ago

tkoczor767@aol.com said: Couldn't agree more with Randstadt being useless. They ruined an opportunity for me with a terrible set-up in job placement----should have strictly adhered to the temp side as was initially presented.

They did the same thing to me and ruined my reputation with the agency and the hospital department

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

MJK in Birmingham, Alabama

15 months ago

My favorite story concerning them is just recently, they advertised an "Administrative Professionals Work Expo". I drive 12 miles to get there. They make me sit down, fill out a brief form, speak to me for about 3 minutes and then told me to go home, go to their website and start an account there. How's THAT for an immense waste of time? I will never hear from them again, no doubt. That was surely not my idea of a "Job Exposition", but more like "Job Exploitation".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bumblebee09 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

13 months ago

The quote of the day is....Learn to LISTEN, Listen to LEARN

I sent in an application for a Admin Assistant job vie Randstadt. I thought that my skills and experience matched the requirements. I get a call today from this recruiter and she asks me about my prior experience and what I was looking for salary-wise. I told her. The next statement out of her mouth was "I have a telemarketer position available for $9.00 an hour, would this be something you're willing to do?"

Um, did you not hear what I just told you? Where on my resume does it say telemarketing and where in my reply to your question about the type of work I wanted did you make this assumption? I never even mentioned telemarketing nor did I ever even mention that I wanted to drop my salary requirements by $3.00. WTF?

This woman did not sound like she was all there to begin with. I'm done with these asinine agencies where the people have their own agendas and don't even stop to listen and learn about the people that they are representing. Ridiculous!

I am doing so much better on my own finding positions and going on interviews. I am running circles around these vapid morons at these agencies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Peyton in Glen Allen, Virginia

13 months ago

What type of drug screening do they administer if hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

discriminated in Orwell, Ohio

5 months ago

Randstad is a bad place to work for they discriminate against older people and will bounce you from job to job , a bunch of liers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

abused temp in Collingwood, Ontario

4 months ago

DO NOT WORK FOR RANDSTAD OR AVERY HR THEY WILL SCREW YOU OUT OF HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS AND DROP YOU ON A MOMENTS NOTICE!!! WARNING THE TEMP AGENCIES ARE IN IT FOR THEIR OWN PROFITS!! SPREAD THE WORD BURRY THE TEMP AGENCIES IN THE DIRT!! THE ABUSE OF HARD WORKING EMPLOYEES MUST STOP NOW!!! THEY WILL PUT A $10,000 PRICE TAG ON YOUR HEAD PREVENTING YOU FROM BEING HIRED TEMP AGENCIES SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!!

BE WARNED TEMP AGENCIES WILL SCREW YOU AND LEAVE YOU IN WORSE SHAPE THEN YOU STARTED!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

donald in Brunswick, Georgia

2 months ago

Don't waste time with this company they are crooks.I recently started with them . Job I was assigned to ran out so I was going there to try get back to work only to get attitude them saying they busy so just call check in to see if got more work for me but you call you only get answering machine leave message but never get call back and every job I applied to I'd get the we are pursuing other candidates so after a month I go down there only to get talked to rudely being told reason I'm not working cause don't have anything matching my skills but jobs similar ti job I did wirk at wich by way I had no experience in tha t job when sent there. Si I asked them what my name was so how can they tell me they have nithing natching my skill ser when don't kniw my name so they could try and help me since as far as I know am still employed rhere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Latrice in Roswell, Georgia

2 months ago

So I recently was given a job assignment with Randstad. They told me in the beginning that once I worked on the job I would be responsible for repaying the fees back they paid for my physical. I was down for the job working at the hospital from 6am to 6pm in the beginning...but at the last minute my babysitter fell through. A few days before my job assignment starts, I let my recruiter know my concerns and asked him if be could find me another job, he told me that the company spent $100 on me eiither I pay them back their money or start the job. He wasnt understanding at all! I dont want to work for a company that doesnt care about the wellbeing of their workers. I have been debating whether I should go to my appt at 2pm at Randstad to complete paperwork or say screw them. What are the repercussions of me not starting job after they paid fees for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

theshoequeen in Princeton Junction, New Jersey

1 month ago

You absolutely do NOT have to give them the $100 they paid to get you a physical to start a job-it's on them. The person that told that to you is LYING and trying to scare you into taking the job. You all should report these incidents to the Attorney General's office in your state. I suggest printing this page out in support of your claim that they are liars. I'm dealing with a similar bait and switch issue. However, they did not count on dealing with a very smart woman who has about a dozen lawyers in her family-and one is a senior supervisor in a NY court!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

theshoequeen in Princeton Junction, New Jersey

1 month ago

plunkettdsla in Iselin, New Jersey said: Randstad is the most useless, incompetent agency I've ever dealt with. They gave me the impression that I was on the verge of starting a good new job, sent me for drug tests, physicals, etc, and said once the results were in they'd give me a start date. Then they seemed to fall off the face of the earth. It took over a week to get them to give the medical center authorization to do the physical, and as far as a start date?? They do not return phone calls or emails. I've even written a letter of complaint to their US Headquarters. They've kept me hanging for over a month without answering my messages

Complain to your state's Attorney General's office. Their corporate office will do nothing for you-corporate is in on it. They are just in the business to make money, don't care about the candidate. They care about their clients more.

Needwork in Columbia, South Carolina

18 days ago

theshoequeen in Princeton Junction, New Jersey said: Complain to your state's Attorney General 's office. Their corporate office will do nothing for you-corporate is in on it. They are just in the business to make money, don't care about the candidate. They care about their clients more.

What kind of drug test was it?

18 days ago

What kind of drug test do they use??

18 days ago

What kind of drug test does Randstad give you???

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.