What's the company culture at Rasmussen College?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Rasmussen College?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Rasmussen College?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Royster in DeKalb, Delaware

82 months ago

This was seriously the worst experience in my life. I think that they took Orwell seriously when designing this college. If you are an instructor there be prepared to get paid much less than anywhere else. Also be prepared to be checked on while you are teaching your class. Not to mention the frequent meetings with management about YOUR students. You will be pressured in allowing students to continue in the course even if they have yet to do an assignment because the school wants the money.

If you like the autonomy of teaching in any normal college DO NOT work here. It is an absolute joke. I loved teaching and i HATED going to this place everyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Royster in DeKalb, Delaware

82 months ago

I forget to mention that they require you to fill out reports daily on your students attendance and they expect you to call them if they do not come to class. It is seriously a high school designed as a business school. Oh yeah, expect them to limit you to how many assignments that you can assign.

The college that I taught at had almost as many administrators as students. It is horribly micro managed and disorganized. You may be accosted by an administrator while walking into the building because they check the attendance randomly of people walking into the building.

This "college" does not care about its students, it only cares about making money. The students have to pay something like $30,000 for an associates degree. It is seriously the biggest fraud in the history of "college."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deb Mark in Mankato, Minnesota

74 months ago

I agree. I worked in the admissions side and they make it sound so good and get you so excited but it doesn't take long to find out you've made a bad decision. They don't care about their employees or their students. They just care about money. Not a good environment, would highly recommend staying away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.