What's the company culture at Regus?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 85 of 85)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

RMdallas_tx in Lewisville, Texas

62 months ago

If I can still remember how to count we are talking about three or four people here. If you state you are a mother or father just as I am, we all are. Be a good a good parent, be a role model. Remember the Golden Rule-Be kind to others is what I think we all learned when we were what? ten? It is too bad you only know the negative opinions on here, I would tell you the things I have seen her do for my team and how much they have appreciated her, but what does really matter is she knows the field supports her. And that IS the general concensus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (102) Reply - Report abuse

BryanOllet in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

I'm really happy to see ALL the feedback that this forum is generating about the Regus Group. I supported my wife quitting, and she is now helping me with my business and doing a fantastic job! At first, I wondered whether Regus was as bad as she claimed. Either the company was completely horrible or my wife was a HORRIBLE employee. Well, I've seen her work, and I have read all the feedback on this forum and it's obvious that the Regus Group is a very crappy company, and they are an example of the many things wrong with this world. The lies, passive aggression, and greed are pandemic in this company. Evidently, the human resources department in this company is for hiring, firing, and payroll and nothing more. There is no real management of people as "human resources". This company is actually causing incredible harm to people's lives and the owner and CEO should read this forum, say an honest prayer, and change their ways. The abuses that are occuring to people are despicable. No amount of passive aggressive comments by current employees or managers can cover this glaring truth. I know a lot of disgruntled people who lose jobs, but they don't have the sort of passion against a company such as this. When you tick people off and stampede their dignity, you get some really really angry people. The Attorney General in several states should investigate this company.

Let the comments continue!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (116) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mm2106 in Haltom City, Texas

62 months ago

Agree, and well said.

There is the Golden rule, and that Should apply to all levels of management too. In past careers, I Have been a 'manager' of both personnel and projects - very large ones, multi-million dollar ones. I have worked with many highly intelligent Team members, both subborniates, equals, and superiors, ...in addition, Many clients of the companies for whom I have worked.

I am talking about a large group of people over a 25 year + period of being in the technology business. Of the conservative 500 + team members and clients with whom I have personally worked with, I can count on one hand those people who really did not deserve to be either in the position that they were in, or not respected enough to be called a valuable member of my team. THAT I can not say about Regus!

Regus is simply a whole nother' ball game of cut throats. Those people who Really want to do their job correctly, with pride, and Then be able to go home at the end of the day, and be 'able' to look at themselves in the mirror with a true sense of self pride and 'I had a Good day today, I carried my share of the load, and I have the respect of my peers and managers' ...Well These people, including myself at one time - while working at Regus, Don't have a Chance in hxll of achieving those objectives.

During these years, I received over 40 written commendation letters from customers, supervisors, and even two letters of commendation for the President of my company - concerning two separate situations.

I provide the above information Not meant to be patting myself on the back - I have already received enough of those rewards without asking for more. But, my purpose for giving this info is to Show that "we" past employees have Not come from a group of complainers who have not been willing to work, and in most cases, have done our best to 'try' to improve Regus while we were there in every way that we could. However, no middle to upper level manager, want to hear it! Ever

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

The above comments were in reply to "tired of crap jobs" and "BryanOllet in Dallas".

I maxed out on words it would let me write, so here is a little bit more that I wanted to say.

The 'group' of past and present Regus employees who comment on this site come from a similar background of hard, caring workers. They are not the 'losers' that some of the people who make positive comments concerning Regus have tried to make them out to be. I am proud to consider myself their friend, even through I have not met them in person - it is very possible that I talked to them on the phone several times in the past due to the nature of what my job was with Regus, even some of those who have voiced positive views of Regus. But those who agree that Regus is 'one of' the worse companies that one could have been associated with - They are on My 'team', and I am proud of it.

Given the opportunity - I will ALWAYS discourage a person from either becoming a Regus employee, remaining an employee, or warning any potential client that may be considering ever engaging in a Client relationship with Regus.

So, hang in there Regus burnt employees, and lets continue the fight to get the word out about Regus in any way that we can. If Any of you discover another way, a more effective way of doing just that, please let us all know what it is so that we too can jump on that train too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tired of crap jobs in Boston, Massachusetts

62 months ago

I wish there was a way to link this site to the Regus website. Maybe I will call Centrinet and open a ticket...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Southern_Girl in The South, Texas

62 months ago

RMdallas_tx in Lewisville, Texas said: If I can still remember how to count we are talking about three or four people here. If you state you are a mother or father just as I am, we all are. Be a good a good parent, be a role model. Remember the Golden Rule-Be kind to others is what I think we all learned when we were what? ten? It is too bad you only know the negative opinions on here, I would tell you the things I have seen her do for my team and how much they have appreciated her, but what does really matter is she knows the field supports her. And that IS the general concensus.

Nope - you are are wrong. It is NOT the general concensus. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (104) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mchenry in Park Ridge, Illinois

61 months ago

i have seen what regus did to my sister after 10 yrs of employment. melissa in HR is a nasty person. i wish more people would sue for wrong full discharge. leaders in this company are back stabbing, incompent people who love to distroy peoples lives for no reason. i'm glad my sister is away from these evil people. she gave them 10 yrs of her live and worked her but off only to have meslissa come up with bull to get rid of her just because she was at the top of her pay scale.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Olympia in Texas

61 months ago

dallascutie123 in Addison, Texas said: Amen, sister (or brother... not sure). =0)

I am so glad I am away from it all but it took months for me to shake off the cut-throat culture and realize that it just isn't me. It is a brutal work environment and only the most ruthless survive so that is what they will be left with after the smoke clears. Good riddance, I say. Beware, job seekers, beware.

I DEFINITELY AGREE...EMPLOYMENT SEEKERS BE AWARE...THEY LIE; THEY ARE ALSO CRUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Argonaut in Dallas

58 months ago

I fled Regus a few months ago after dodging endless bullets and egos, somehow surviving a couple of years.

Without a doubt, this was THE WORST job I ever endured- and I was in management. I could not believe the lies I was forced to tell customers, but the lies kept changing depending on the company direction and who my boss was, not that any of them lasted more than six months. Of the twelve people I trained with only one is still with the company. For me, the final straw came when all the GM jobs were reclassified as Regional Sales Managers: after reading the new job discription I packed up my toys and left.

I could harp on and on about Regus- I do feel sorry for anyone with a functioning brain who stays there- but if you want to know just how pathetic the experience was- how's this:

Suppose you're an experienced GM sent to a brand new centre that was NOT built to planogram standards because of new space max requirements. Then you find out the regional director (small Irish man with Italian name) is personally making decisions on layout/design, but he comes to visit and discovers he doesn't like his own design and orders you to change things, not that there's any money in the budget to do so. Add to this constantly being grilled about low centre businessworld sales, but your centre wasn't built with a business lounge!

And to top it all off... wait for it... your centre gets marked down in the quarterly center audit because the brand new furniture doesn't comply (neither does the centre layout) with the company's own standards and your regional ops person won't negate the markdowns!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (143) / No Reply - Report abuse

mar99she in Virginia Beach, Virginia

52 months ago

Hello everyone I was contacted by HR about the receptionist postion .Any comments on if i should go on the interview for this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

mar99she in Virginia Beach, Virginia

51 months ago

okay everyone went to the interview come to find out someone else in another office wanted the job what a waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

mar99she,

I am sorry that you had the experience of wasting time by going to Regus's interview for the receptionist job. However, that IS typical of them. Please take heed of those passed employees who have worked and commented on this site, they are Not blow'n smoke. Regus Is a Hell Hole place to work it. You Really do not want to do it. I won't say that 'no amount of money is worth it', because a lot of people are losing their homes and going hungrey - Anyone who starts to work for them, should NOT stop their search for new employment. They should find employment Else Where just as soon as they can!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No Reply - Report abuse

finally_free in Spring, Texas

50 months ago

I gave Regus nearly three years of my life. I am finally free now for 3 months. Now that I have a normal job at a normal company I realize just how awful that place was. When I decided to leave I started getting comments from even the clients who officed there that the place was oppressive and out to get you.

The corporate office is so confused and bogged down in corporate bull sh*t that they make the center employees' lives impossible. I was looking for a new job my entire 3 years there. I had 3 title changes, a single 3% raise, and 3 write ups in that time as well.

Now that I have been free I don't have the passion in my hatred towards them that I once did, but I do remember how bad it got and how it physically made me ill with stress, tension, and actual OSHA violations that put me in a position that surgery was required.

DO NOT EVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! I cannot stress that enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No Reply - Report abuse

confused in Middletown, New Jersey

50 months ago

I recently received a telephone call from a recruiter down in Texas informing me about an administrative assistant position in their Red Bank office in NJ. Does anyone have helpful information regarding this position? I just recently graduated from college (degree in Finance), and the only interviews I have been successful in getting are ALL for insurance companies, so this is kind of a last resort till I find something else...I was looking forward to the interview and the possibility for advancement and growth in the future with Regus, but I read almost all these posts and most were all negative. Any advice for a struggling 22 year old?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

00lifeisgood00 in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

I thought it would be a good idea to update a post on this thread since its been 12 months and I feel like its important for others to know just how horrible it is to work for Regus Intl! I have had colleagues and close friends who worked there and I almost accepted a position at the executive level but turned it down after meeting and seeing how Mark Dixon conducts business. The culture is 'show up, do your job or leave, we don't really care'. And this lack of leadership shows up in the form of disgruntled, sad employees in the hallways, at reception, in the cubicles. I am all for doing your job and do it well with less ... but any competent manager knows you get the best work from your team with leadership not 'because I said so'. Its really sad to Regus churn through some really great people, I was fortunate and saw their true-self so I hope others read this and STAY AWAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I hope you find a job soon and if working for a Regus location is what is best for you until you can find something else then go for it. My negative experience was with Regus Corporate, and who knows, the manager at your location maybe great. Do what you have to do to stay employed but its wise you are checking them out. Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

BTW ... ServCorp (www.servcorp.net) is a competitor based in Australia and opening locations in New York, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago as we speak. And they have plans to open hundreds of locations ... they are a fabulous group of people and LOVE their employees and treat customers like gold! Watch out Regus!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mm2106 in North Richland Hills, Texas

49 months ago

Reply to Finally_Free: You are correct in everything that you comment about. I have successfully worked in various high tech jobs for over 40 years, which included heavy responsibilities and high stress, just part of the jobs. However, I have NEVER experienced the Stress that I did during my 2 yrs. + while at Regus. AND this stress was not caused by the job at Regus, but by the management there - management at Every level.

I have a illness that is Normally managed just fine with my medicine, I have had it for over 20 years. But, the stress at Regus Totally screwed up the medicine's positive effects. I even had to take six weeks off, under the Fed. Family leave/illness Act, with my doctor's validation. I finally quit Because of the amount of stress and the associated health issues. It was the very worse place I have Ever worked in over 40 years.

Unless you are in position of losing your house and can not put food on the table, do not accept a job for them - and Like others have said - Keep your job search actively going, then move on as soon as you possibly can!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No Reply - Report abuse

mm2106 in North Richland Hills, Texas

49 months ago

00lifeisgood00 in Dallas, Texas said: I thought it would be a good idea to update a post on this thread since its been 12 months and I feel like its important for others to know just how horrible it is to work for Regus Intl! I have had colleagues and close friends who worked there and I almost accepted a position at the executive level but turned it down after meeting and seeing how Mark Dixon conducts business. The culture is 'show up, do your job or leave, we don't really care'. And this lack of leadership shows up in the form of disgruntled, sad employees in the hallways, at reception, in the cubicles. I am all for doing your job and do it well with less ... but any competent manager knows you get the best work from your team with leadership not 'because I said so'. Its really sad to Regus churn through some really great people, I was fortunate and saw their true-self so I hope others read this and STAY AWAY!

Reply to 00Lifeisgood00:

You are So correct when you say that Regus "churns through some Really great people"; people with tremendious skills and desire to work, and fully apply themselves. I also feel very sorry for their customers that they screw over every day of the week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lind L Taylor in Kanto Region, Japan

43 months ago

Yankees in New York, New York said: More like STUPID souls. If you don't like it there you need to leave because none of us care about your whining.

People who still work there aren't stupid. I still work there & it's not like I'm enjoying my time. It's hard to even get a mall job these days even. So some of us are still there only because we have no other source of income.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

belville in Saint Helier, Jersey

31 months ago

If you think it is bad being employed by REGUS ask customers about their expierences with this crappy company which is exploiting its customers with practises that border on harassment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobby in Plano, Texas

22 months ago

Regus is a toxic work environment. Please stay away at all costs; there is NO training or loyalty. I believe the Operations Director has since been replaced but still I recommend you think twice before working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

I have only been with this company a few months and it is awful. I was hired as a part time csr to replace someone who accepted another position in the company. One month into my role, and she wanted her job back. So I have been bounced between 3 locations, working hours other than what I was hired for, and now my boss told me yesterday "your position is changing and if you want to keep it you have to go to another market". Ridiculous! What a waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Oh Boy509 in Austin, Texas

19 months ago

Well isn't this great! Rumor is is that Regus is buying our company. Thanks for the heads up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hubbub in Fremont, California

16 months ago

Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 05, 2012
Regus Advisors Inc., (www.regusadvisors.com) a private global Investment Banking firm, announced today the completion of a Merger Agreement and Plan of Re-Organization ("Reverse Merger") between Savanna East Africa, Inc. and Regus client, Algae International Group, Inc. (AIGI) www.algaeplanet.com. The public Company will change its name to Algae International Group, Inc., along with a new ticker symbol and cusip number will be forthcoming.

Anyone working at Regus know if this is legit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

donnatro@msn.com in Scottsdale, Arizona

16 months ago

[QdUOTE who="TheWatchfulEye in Dallas, Texas"]The entire management team (all the way up to the VPs) is a complete joke at The Regus Group. Working here is an experience like no other. They remind me of a bunch of bumbling clowns running in to each other with absolutely no clue as to how to run a company. Also, if you want to be severely micro-managed, cussed out all the time, and spyed on your entire work day, this is definitely the place for you. It's a pretty abusive environment with a lot of harrassment going on. Just about everyone that works at Regus is looking for another job, as they are tired of walking on egg shells and having to look over there shoulder. Don't turn your back - because you will get stabbed! It's only a matter of time until this company implodes from the inside. What goes around will eventually come around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

donna@msn.com in Scottsdale, Arizona

16 months ago

This company stole my confidencw\e and self esteem. I was a valued 10 ye

This company stole my confidence and self esteem.I received no training when my former compamy was purchased by them. I was left to flounder trying to navigate the most conveluted software I've ever encountered. Good people were fired with half truths and bad reviews filled with personal insults regarding their work. Clients were shocked when I was let go and I recieved many accolades by email and in person. I'm still not ready to go back to work, my physic has been so damaged by these nasty little men in suits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mm2106 in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

This without a doubt the absolutely Worse company I have EVER worked for in over 40 years in the work place!!! I left in 2008 after 2 1/2 years, and today 5 years later, it Still gives me Knots in my stomack, and a truly angry feeling. I have been an engineer for over 30 years - telecommunications. I was in their tech support department. If you have half a brain, a manager should know that it is totally anti-productive to micro-manage Anyone; Especially an engineer - who by nature and training IS a 'detail' person and typically a perfectionist!! He/She can 'manage' themselves, especially if they have been Successfully employed within their profession for over a year or two. Without being a Self-managing person and detailed, they do Not survive in their choosen field. Working a Regus is the most destructive thing I ever have done. I stayed (like thousands of other Regus employees) purely because of the extremely poor job market. I tried to make the best of it and I 'tried' to change things, at least within my own environment and department. I also watched other Good/Great people outside my department lose their self-respect, drive, and desire to fight the battle. It was sad, and very, very frustrating. Finally, after those 2 1/2 years and Directly due to the stress, I Had to quit due to medical reasons - I had a doctor's Letter stating that the stress was Significantly increasing the number of epileptic seisures. I went from 3 or 4 a Year to 20 a week. - I do not have grand-mals, but I do have full body jerks, in other words, I Can still work because I remain mobil - however as they get worse, it can be life threatening. Anyway, I gave up a near $60,000 job for long-term unemployment - which other than the financial hardship, I have no regrets. Btw - the number of seisures immediately dropped to near zero, starting the very next week after I left. The telecom support group was Much better paid than most other employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobby in Plano, Texas

15 months ago

Well, the good news for Addison HQ is that Jorge Tehran is no longer with the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bobby in Plano, Texas

15 months ago

finally_free in Spring, Texas said: I gave Regus nearly three years of my life. I am finally free now for 3 months. Now that I have a normal job at a normal company I realize just how awful that place was. When I decided to leave I started getting comments from even the clients who officed there that the place was oppressive and out to get you.

The corporate office is so confused and bogged down in corporate bull sh*t that they make the center employees' lives impossible. I was looking for a new job my entire 3 years there. I had 3 title changes, a single 3% raise, and 3 write ups in that time as well.

Now that I have been free I don't have the passion in my hatred towards them that I once did, but I do remember how bad it got and how it physically made me ill with stress, tension, and actual OSHA violations that put me in a position that surgery was required.

DO NOT EVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! I cannot stress that enough.

RIGHT ON

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

justmyopinion in Salem, New Hampshire

13 months ago

mm2106 in Dallas, Texas said: This without a doubt the absolutely Worse company I have EVER worked for in over 40 years in the work place!!! I left in 2008 after 2 1/2 years, and today 5 years later, it Still gives me Knots in my stomack, and a truly angry feeling. I have been an engineer for over 30 years - telecommunications. I was in their tech support department. If you have half a brain, a manager should know that it is totally anti-productive to micro-manage Anyone; Especially an engineer - who by nature and training IS a 'detail' person and typically a perfectionist!! He/She can 'manage' themselves, especially if they have been Successfully employed within their profession for over a year or two. Without being a Self-managing person and detailed, they do Not survive in their choosen field. Working a Regus is the most destructive thing I ever have done. I stayed (like thousands of other Regus employees) purely because of the extremely poor job market. I tried to make the best of it and I 'tried' to change things, at least within my own environment and department. I also watched other Good/Great people outside my department lose their self-respect, drive, and desire to fight the battle. It was sad, and very, very frustrating. Finally, after those 2 1/2 years and Directly due to the stress, I Had to quit due to medical reasons - I had a doctor's Letter stating that the stress was Significantly increasing the number of epileptic seisures. I went from 3 or 4 a Year to 20 a week. - I do not have grand-mals, but I do have full body jerks, in other words, I Can still work because I remain mobil - however as they get worse, it can be life threatening. Anyway, I gave up a near $60,000 job for long-term unemployment - which other than the financial hardship, I have no regrets. Btw - the number of seisures immediately dropped to near zero, starting the very next week after I left. The telecom support group was Much better paid than most other employee

justmyopinion in Salem, New Hampshire

13 months ago

MM2106,
Would you be open to having a private conversation with me regarding your experience at Regus? my email address is patricia.whelchel@gmail.com. Let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Horrible Experience in Ankara, Turkey

13 months ago

I worked at Regus almost 2 years, after my first year i was promised a promotion which will never come. There are no HR Department in Turkey, so for the promotion approvals we need to wait for some other managers/departments abroad. So Regus is the same at everywhere, horrible employee relations & unequal salary distributions.

White hot Galaxy in London, United Kingdom

12 months ago

Regus in London bid aggressively for the company my partner worked for, swiped in, and laid off 100+ staff regardless of hard work, talent, or money saving brilliance. During the consultation process they neither answered all questions fully nor offered alternative work. It's par for the course that large companies do not give a whit about the devastating consequences of their wilful, nonsensical strategies. There's 'culture' for you. Rare as they are, there are better companies out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Honestandsincere Integrity in Chicago, Illinois

8 months ago

The company has a whole was a great company.I was there for close to 6 years.Most of my co-staff were the best people to ever know. I will always care about them and wish them the best, even some of the huge "higher ups" were amazing people. I say this enduring verbal abuse and terrible treatment for years from a Center Manager who made the company a ton of money and was good at her job. I was good at my job (she trained me) and my professional relationships with the clients was always a blessing. Many of them told me daily "that I was the reason why they stayed and kept using Regus' programs." When I first started I was warned by clients my third day in, still walking with a floor plan in my hand of how "it was common of this certain manager to mistreat and behave in such in ugly manor". Me being from the Midwest was determine to be positive and win her over with love and pure work ethic. Incidents kept happening (I kept a log and dates of her cruel rude antics and made my family and close professional friends prior employers aware for my own accountability) Last year a client came to me and reported of her unprofessional evil behavior while I was away. I was mortified and in tears, embarrassed for myself and the united front that we were trained to convey. At this point I was traumatized. So I had to mention it to her supervisor. Though was also warned a few months in the job that years ago by my sweet co-staff of another staff member who got fired for reporting this specific manager of her common ugly rude unprofessional behavior. Then early this year she called HR to complain about me, incidents that were pure lies and enhanced with ill will. All because I wanted to go work at another location, because I was human wanted out from working from her. I was deeply traumatized. So they moved me to another location under the guise "that they wanted me to be kept safe" I was fired and that was already in place.My best efforts were never enough. This is the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.