How to get a job at Renown Regional Medical Center.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Renown Regional Medical Center? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

happierchickinnv in Reno, Nevada

19 months ago

Stay away from Renown. That's my best advice to you. The facility may be appealing with their beautiful upgrades, but the way they treat and value their employees is not worth a paycheck. I started working there when they were Washoe Med in a clerical position. I had been going to nursing school as well and had wanted to work there as a nurse. I mean, they were known as being "THE" hospital to work for. Boy was I wrong. After several years of working there and after they changed their name to Renown, everything about them seemed to change and everything seemed to be about the dollar instead of helping patients. While paying their bill is part of their responsibility, they made financial counselors bully their patients into paying, making them feel like it should be a 'privilege' to be receiving treatment from them, and that because they received service, they absolutely have to pay something towards their bill. The "FC"'s would get called every name in the book for being so insensitive as many times they would go into the rooms of they dying to collect the money from the family before the patient expired. This would never happen when they were Washoe. If you don't collect what your supposed to, be prepared to be threatened with a write up, to a coaching, to a suspension/termination. Collecting money may seem easy and it's easy to say, "oh yeah, I don't have a problem with collecting money" when they ask you this in the interview. But it's way easier said then done. Prepare yourself to receive hostile interactions with families of those you upset when you demand a payment. It's seriously not worth the headache nor the stress. I was happy that I learned what this hospital truly values before I received my nursing degree. I would rather work for a hospital making half of what I could make at Renown then go back. I would rather work for a hospital who truly cares about the care their patients receive, than the financial gains the hospital wants to receive for treatment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.