How to get a job at Rent A Center.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Do you work at Rent A Center? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

STACY INGRAM in Lithia, Florida

86 months ago

HOW CAN I APPLY ONLINE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

rick in Catawissa, Missouri

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Rent A Center? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
used to work for this company...they are very demanding...never enough help...can't keep employees

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sandra wiley in Hickory, North Carolina

85 months ago

i had a interview with them and they said they would call me back but i was welcomed to call them and check on things well i did that and they would not talk to me or tell me anyting.and this was after the manager told me i had a great resusme.to me why would a company tell you all good things and then not talk to you again.i wanted to work for this company but after two weeks of the run around i would tell anyone looking to get a job there be prepared for the run around.i dont believe in the company now if didnt get the job then tell people dont leave them haning

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sonny in Laconia, New Hampshire

85 months ago

Worked for them in New Hampshire & Texas. Very demanding company, but I hear that they are changing a lot of policies. The pay is very decent. You will be responsible for a lot of areas. Most of the time, your coworkers will be eager to help you learn, since your performance reflects their own.

You can apply online at www.rentacenter.com I believe. Also, most every store should have a kiosk you can apply at.

You take an aptitude test first, then you get a call to schedule an interview with a district manager. After that, you'll learn if you have a job or not. They drug test from time to time. It's important to have a clean driving record -- not counting parking tickets and non moving violations.

Not a bad place to work for. I just got burned out from a 48 hour work week. I hear they're changing that policy though, now that they've bought out RentWay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

shaunna in Wilson, North Carolina

83 months ago

i have never worked for tem but u can tell you from my experiences with renting from them that they have VERY poor customer service so if u have good people skills please apply!! hey need you!!! I would never work for this company...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Carolina, West Virginia

83 months ago

Sonny in Laconia, New Hampshire said: Worked for them in New Hampshire & Texas. Very demanding company, but I hear that they are changing a lot of policies. The pay is very decent. You will be responsible for a lot of areas. Most of the time, your coworkers will be eager to help you learn, since your performance reflects their own.

You can apply online at www.rentacenter.com I believe. Also, most every store should have a kiosk you can apply at.

You take an aptitude test first, then you get a call to schedule an interview with a district manager. After that, you'll learn if you have a job or not. They drug test from time to time. It's important to have a clean driving record -- not counting parking tickets and non moving violations.

Not a bad place to work for. I just got burned out from a 48 hour work week. I hear they're changing that policy though, now that they've bought out RentWay.

Can you tell me what the hourly rate is?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James McGrath in Columbus, Ohio

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Rent A Center? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

no i dont work for rent a center

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Glad I found a better job.... in Mason City, Iowa

2 months ago

YES, DON'T DO IT. Please, read all the comments. Then notice that the VAST majority are FORMER employees. The customers are trashy, the hours are long, the work is hard (heavy lifting) and the pay is embarrassingly low. Pathetic. The merchandise is cheap, and twice the price of any retail concern. Gl to you in your job search. I too, am a former employee. Imagine that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.