Bad Company to work for...So Many Reasons

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

MikeinKentucky in Winchester, Kentucky

59 months ago

This is what I have discovered as a Store Manager. They are good at making the jobs easier for everyone above store level. They love coming out with new initiatives that sound good somewhere up high, but what they fail to realize is without proper staffing in the stores, these initiatives can;t really happen. They want everyone to love their job, yet they trim the payrolls to where everyone is running around trying to meet deadline after deadline, unload and put up trucks and wait on the customers at the same time. I am in a store that is posting 25% increases weekly, yet I was told to cut my payroll back from what I would normally use. After we trim payroll expenses, they send in new signage to replace signs in the rx waiting area and the caregiver endcap. 4800 stores, about 7 signs per store, equals a ton of wasted expense. they need to stop wasting money printing useless signs and dump it into store operations. Also, someone posted something about tiny raises, well, it's true. It takes an act of God to go over about a 3% raise. They sent out the corporate guidelines on raises once and it is terribly strict, even for the DM's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rockerchick88 in Fort Loudon, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

I have to agree with that said, as a store manager. Corporate wants us to do so many things, yet they will not give us more payroll hours... On top of that, they are having us stay open later for the holidays and refuse any additional payroll hours. Our store is not in a safe neighborhood and the employees do not feel safe, as there has already been incidents of our store getting robbed and they will not even allow additional security. Corporate does not care about employees on the store level. The only response we got from the "higher ups" was, "Welcome to retail," after one of our managers was already left for dead because he got beat up during a robbery.

One more thing. Don't take a vacation or you will get your benefits taken away. This has happen to two people in my store now. I was told that this happens company-wide. Maybe someday I can be the CEO and show them how to create an environment that is positive for both employees and customers. Perhaps that will raise our stocks as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

johninjersey

56 months ago

I know two Pharmacist that were with Eckerd one for 30 years and the other for 18 years, Both were fired this week, for using a coupon to much during Employee appreciation day.

Neither one of them were ever written up or in trouble.

Both fired for using a coupon where they bought over a $500 worth of merchandise from the company boosting the sales.

the LNP guy said using the coupon more then once was "fraud" even though the coupon does not say they can not use it more then once, and the official Rite Aid Coupon policy states they can indeed re-use the Rite aid coupons more then once in a given day...which they did.

This is another example of using the law to cut cost of two very loyal employees that were doing their job faithfully.

Poor decision by the Rite Aid management, as a Customer I will never shop their again, if they treat my pharmacist that way, why should I give them my business? No wonder the company is going bankrupt, the more I hear the more i dislike the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rockerchick88 in Fort Loudon, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

They are very picky about coupons...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dafodils in Shingle Springs, California

41 months ago

johninjersey said: I know two Pharmacist that were with Eckerd one for 30 years and the other for 18 years, Both were fired this week, for using a coupon to much during Employee appreciation day.

Neither one of them were ever written up or in trouble.

Both fired for using a coupon where they bought over a $500 worth of merchandise from the company boosting the sales.

the LNP guy said using the coupon more then once was "fraud" even though the coupon does not say they can not use it more then once, and the official Rite Aid Coupon policy states they can indeed re-use the Rite aid coupons more then once in a given day...which they did.

This is another example of using the law to cut cost of two very loyal employees that were doing their job faithfully.

Poor decision by the Rite Aid management, as a Customer I will never shop their again, if they treat my pharmacist that way, why should I give them my business? No wonder the company is going bankrupt, the more I hear the more i dislike the company

Another example of Rite Aid not appreciating good employees when they have them. I have heard of other instances when Rite Aid terminated excellent employees instantly with no warning beforehand. They micromanage their employees' every move with their NexGen computer system and can quickly and easily monitor their productivity and use those numbers for terminating employees. I would think twice before applying to this company. I agree that the only reason they are always hiring is that they have a high turnover rate of employees who leave due to hostile work environments or are terminated for any minor infraction of company policy. I also have a problem with their unreasonable 15-minute prescription guarantee because it seems that they are promoting speed over accuracy and it puts another reason for undue stress on an already overworked staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Great place for to start in Allentown, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

RA is a great place to gain IT experience, as they hire cashiers into technical jobs, with no education/experience needed, at entry level pay. Years later, you will still be at entry level pay, and the benefits are shedding layers each year. Expect a stress-filled, chaotic, closely scrutinized (both on/off job) culture, which fosters mutual mistrust between management (mostly former cashiers) and employees. IT employees enjoy perpetual, unpaid, strictly enforced 365/7 standby, random starting times, and will be closely watched. RA's union stores have much better health benefits than RA's non-union stores. I don't work there, but know someone who does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amanda

38 months ago

When I worked for eckerd (now rite aid) they had employees work off the clock. If you worked 6 or more hours the clock took 30 minutes out. If you didn't take your vacation or personal days you lost them. But eckerd never told you this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

designer in Las Vegas, Nevada

36 months ago

NEVER, work for Landau Jewelry, they are awful! After they hire you, you find out you must work overtime and not get paid for it. They will not pay your commission when give notice and quit responsibly. They do not pay you on time. They screw up your pay check every two weeks and pay you the wrong amount. Your first paycheck must be mailed to your house, except they forget to mail it and you end up going 3 weeks with no pay. AWFUL, place to work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

briantec26@yahoo.com in Waynesboro, Georgia

28 months ago

The rite aid that i work at the store management is awful and the pharmacy manager who took over for someone else was unfair to everyone in the pharmacy except for 1 lazy individual. No they have lost 6 people since mid-march and they just don't care. For anyone that wants to work for rite aid just take this into account: started at 8.25/hr it would take me 25 years to get to make 12/hr. went to another company and I am making more than I was at rite aid. This company don't care about anybody so the best advice i can give to people is take care of urself cause rite aid don't give a hoot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Rocky Mount, Virginia

20 months ago

I completely understand all the hype about RA. I've worked some pretty awful jobs in my life and this one ranks right up there with them. In the short while I've been there, I've realized the management care nothing for their employees, no matter how hard they work or how much extra effort they put forth to impress them. Instead they take their employees' good wills and intentions to use and manipulate these traits to use for their own benefit. The managers are hateful and constantly say rude things to the cashiers - talking to them as if calling for a dog. They dump a huge work load on top of the cashiers and expect them to be in all parts of the store and screaming greetings towards the front door as soon as a customer walks in. Somehow all of this unloading and stocking is supposed to take place while the employee is also waiting on lines of customers, answering the telephone, and running the entire photo center by themselves. At the end of the day, they receive no recognition for any of their hard work, no matter how bad and stressful it may have been. The policies seem to be made up day to day by the management, depending on how it works for them. I've heard that 2 employees are suppose to be scheduled on a shift at all times, however I've seen employees be left at the store by themselves at night so mgmt can go leave the store to go run an errand. Every move you make as an employee is so closely monitored, you cannot blink an eye improperly without fear of being written up or fired. You are never fully trained on every tiny detail of the job, but they still expect you to "just know how" to do it all. Never ask them to show you how to do something or train you about something you don't know, you'll either get a lecture that makes you feel like a dog or they'll completely ignore you and then let you mess it up so they can in turn, still talk to you like a dog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonimo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Riteaid is in fact the worst company I've ever worked for, I started working for them for over a year ago and I got promoted to a newly created position wich still today no one understands, the provided training on things that we never need to use, and tell us things that we can't do, but when I'm in the store the managers tells me other wise but I got to live in fear that if the human resources or PDM catches me doing what I'm suppose to be doing I could get fired so no matter what I do I can get fired, then there's no holidays for no body and no sick days, if you get sick the company policy does no state that you can get a doctors note and be excuse, they don't care they will fire you, you are only allowed to use your personal days if have any and with two weeks notice so you gonna have to know when you gonna get sick with two weeks in advance to be ok.... Any ways this company sucks and I'm in the process of termination and can't wait to fight them on a lawsuit for discrimination and retaliation against the management and HR manager since he's a bully and don't dare about anything that we as store level employees bring to him...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous also in harrisburg, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Quit Rite Aid a while ago. I hate what this company has become over the course of 10 years. From okay company to serious hell hole. HR and DMs are so evil and stupid they make criminals seem nice. They will write you up even if you are innocent. Don't sign it!!! Get a lawyer if you are fired. I believe in PA and NJ there are too many people getting fired by RAD for no reason whatsoever. Band together and sue this POS company. And for anybody reading the boards, write massive complaints to the heads of the company and the news agencies. BTW who was the HR manager? Initials will do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Tuscarora, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

Trust me, this is a company that you never ever ever want to work for or do business with!! I was a Pharm Tech for 23 years, Nationally Certified- received NO recognition or raise or anything from it. I was told years later that I had to go through the "new" Rite Aid certification classes it didn't matter that i was nationally certified "we don't recognize that" i was told. during class..everyone cheated and got their answers from me. We went years without a reg pharmacist just floaters cuz no pharmacist wanted to work in our store it bus busy and way understaffed..as cashier/tech( who knew nothing about pharmacy) and me. I basically held that place together my DMs thanked me for it and were appreciative for it..then they brought in this psycho pharmacist who clearly needed mental help- i knew this person as an intern- such a nightmare that no one in the entire district would work with her as an intern! I tried to get along with her cuz i had to work with her- then she got mad at me for missing her kids birthday party! long story short I had been collecting a partial unemployment from a previous job layoff and going to school (there were no ft hours at RA I wouldve taken them I needed insurance for my children and I!) she takes the unemployment renewal form from the fe mgr who was supposed to fill it out and decides that no, i shouldnt be collecting ( but somehow she was getting medical assistance for her son!!)I walked out so I didn't punch her in the throat and immediately called my DM to explain and ask for a transfer. He understood and agreed that I did the right thing. They tell her that they were not going to do anything I was entitled to the partial unemployment etc..she went to corporate and I ended up with 2 hearings in which they wouldnt accept anything i had but accepted everything she made up- I am in default for overpayment of benefits which I was entitled to and cannot pay. my request for a transfer got lost in the endless shuffle of D.M.s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

OUR UNION ( by the way way back when- the union was brought in by rite aid not employees- did nothing!!! I spoke to their legal dept who were "horrified and would address it immediately" then months later I get a letter from my 401K asking what I wanted to do cuz they were informed by rite aid that I no longer work there...Nice...and to rub salt in the wound I find out they transferred a tech from another store in and gave her a 5.00 more an hr raise ( she had already been making 10 per hour and was employed for only 4 yrs with no certification or other experience- i started at 335 per hour and ended at 11.22 per hour- raises were "frozen" for years due to no contract ratified- with the eckerd merge all the staff that came over were gone within 2 months! I emailed the pres of the union demanding a return of all my union dies citing breach of contract and got no reply- no lawyer would take my case- not that i could afford it- I also never took any breaks or lunches, sometimes had to go 12 hours without a bathroom break -they ha no choice but to pay overtime cuz i was all they had- my performance on the job was impeccable- during 1 particular audit i saved them from 200,000 in insurance chargebacks! someone corporate vp was visiting and my dm mentioned this and he was very impressed. I have read on here about a class action suit well- I want in- I have so much dirt on this company and i think they should be out of business- the way they treat employees is disgusting they use illegal tactics and get away with it- there is a union who does nothing for you- total company union- how many unions have a "no strike allowed " clause? what does that tell you..the only good thing was union insurance in the beginning then they changed that- oh yeah i earned vacation time- I was never able to take it cuz there was never anyone to cover for me and they would never give me a pay out- stay far away from this comany!PLZ contact me to join a lawsuit goddessscorpio@gmail im totally in!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

oh and btw to all those who complain about late paychecks etc- god forbid there's a holiday! rite aids' excuse is well in the handbook payday is officially saturday- I never got paid on a saturday! I had friends who worked in payroll for other companies and if there was a holiday they made sure pay was done on time,,it's unacceptable everywhere else...do you know how many families who live paycheck to paycheck -of course you do, you work for rite aid, who didnt have money for their holiday dinner cuz your check was late?? even direct deposit was late..i don't know if they still do this but they used to have coupon for an extra employee % off day around the holidays..it was always the week before payday..who has money for that? I was divorced for 3 years before losing my job there and that's when christmas stopped in my house...try explaining to 3 kids under 12 why they didn't get xmas presents...they haven't since I lost my job there either..I can't find full time work or find anything over 10.00 per hour 9 obviously thats more than rite aid starts at but still....add pain and suffering to that class action suit..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

craftymom100@yahoo.com in Attleboro, Massachusetts

11 months ago

anonymous also in harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Quit Rite Aid a while ago. I hate what this company has become over the course of 10 years. From okay company to serious hell hole. HR and DMs are so evil and stupid they make criminals seem nice. They will write you up even if you are innocent. Don't sign it!!! Get a lawyer if you are fired. I believe in PA and NJ there are too many people getting fired by RAD for no reason whatsoever. Band together and sue this POS company. And for anybody reading the boards, write massive complaints to the heads of the company and the news agencies. BTW who was the HR manager ? Initials will do.
. When I started this job, we were Brooks,then Eckard, now Rite Aid.23yrs of service means nothing to them I have been on a medical leave sense April when I had to have the 1st of my knees replaced due to 23yrs of working for this company.Today I got told I have no job to come back to.You are only a number to them. No one matters. They will write you up or fire you any time. They want.Not a good company to work for.They only care about makiing money for their share holders.They do not care ,and they lie to your face.Onlyif you kiss butt to you get any where.And even then you are still just someone they can replace at lower.pay & no benifits. I will no longer I've them my business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Somebody in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

anonymous also in harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Quit Rite Aid a while ago. I hate what this company has become over the course of 10 years. From okay company to serious hell hole. HR and DMs are so evil and stupid they make criminals seem nice. They will write you up even if you are innocent. Don't sign it!!! Get a lawyer if you are fired. I believe in PA and NJ there are too many people getting fired by RAD for no reason whatsoever. Band together and sue this POS company. And for anybody reading the boards, write massive complaints to the heads of the company and the news agencies. BTW who was the HR manager ? Initials will do.

Wow I just got interview for wellness ambassador and was looking for information on how was working with rite aid ...... My concern is that you are in Harrisburg PA and the store I'm gonna work is gonna be in Harrisburg PA so I'm just kind of scare for what you say I pass the interview they say they gonna pay me 10.50 the hour and that they will give me 40 hours a week the HR manager seem so nice to me he was from India and I'm gonna have training for 2-3 weeks danmmm I can't believe that is actually a POS because it seems good to me hopefully is not :( can u tell me which store did u work??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.