What's the company culture at Riverside Medical Center?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Riverside Medical Center?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Riverside Medical Center?

Reply - Report abuse

straighttalkin in Bourbonnais, Illinois

43 months ago

What's the company culture at Riverside Medical Center?
I am a former employee of RMC who worked at the facility for a full decade, and I always found it to be odd that RMC sits in the town of Kankakee, Illinois. Where there are multiple African Americans who hold certificates and licenses to be able to work in health care and who are not on drugs who could fill house keeping and other jobs through out the facility but they are simply never offered positions at Riverside Medical Center. However, when African Americans are offered positions at the facility they are usually terminated very quickly and/or harassed until they quit. Management ignores the plight of the African American worker there who has to walk on pins and needles during their shifts in order to keep a job, and soon as they speak up evaluations will always determine that you don't qualify for a raise because as an African American no matter how hard you work and how much hell you go through just to keep your job, you are never living up to their expectations, and they constantly remind you, that you are an at will employee that they can fire at any time for any reason if you don't crawl for your job like a dog.
By now I guess you can realize that I worked there for 10 years and I almost had a nervous break down trying to keep a job there. The sad part was, that I love to work and working there was a very good location and facility to work in, but when you deal with discrimination, prejudice, stereotyping and a host of other idiosyncratic politics and click-ish attitudes and behaviors from this company you need a long vacation away from working anywhere. It's amazing and I have to wonder how I survived from being a Prozac pill addicted disgruntled employee who probably would have gotten fired for being on drugs had I turned to pill popping for relief.I always knew that I was going to be terminated from RMC some day for some reason anyway? My worry was that I never knew when that was going to be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.