How to get a job at RJ Reynolds.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37)

Host

Do you work at RJ Reynolds? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

openmic in Greensboro, North Carolina

57 months ago

The main way is to get in via an outsourcing company. EDS/HP has the inside track right now, but there are several small local contracting companies (like DataMasters and Denton Associates) that also might be able to place you. Expect short term contracts, not regular full time positions with benefits. Even with EDS/HP you will have better luck if you are located in India. Sorry folks - this is no joke or sour grapes, just the way it is.
Some can get in by knowing the right manager. Managers who came from B&W are the best bet, but original RJR managers are unlikely to be able to help much anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

The Evil Genius in Loveland, Ohio

57 months ago

I work for RJ Reynolds as a territory manager in Lakewood, NJ. I was hired less then a month ago as a full time employee with full benefits. I did not do any of the things listed above to obtain employment, nor do I suggest anyone consider the above post as good advice.

I recommend applying via the company website and checking careerbuilder.com and monster.com for openings. The interview process is fairly standard so there is really not much I can say about that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pumas in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas

57 months ago

This is an ode to "The Evil Genius" and would like to know some things about the process in getting the Territory Manager position. I started the process and the website told me I wasn't qualified, which is monumentally absurd. I answered the questions as if I have a brain. I was born to do this job. So dear Evil Genius would you contact me at Jbunkley@gmail.com? In return I will assist you in diabolical designs to help you on your personal quest for world domination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

psob in Little Rock, Arkansas

55 months ago

The Evil Genius in Loveland, Ohio said: I work for RJ Reynolds as a territory manager in Lakewood, NJ. I was hired less then a month ago as a full time employee with full benefits. I did not do any of the things listed above to obtain employment, nor do I suggest anyone consider the above post as good advice.

I recommend applying via the company website and checking careerbuilder.com and monster.com for openings. The interview process is fairly standard so there is really not much I can say about that.

I recently applied and completed a phone interview. I was told that I would receive an email to schedule a ride along with a current manager and have yet to get one. How long did it take you to receive that email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jinnifer Dodds in Florida

54 months ago

The Evil Genius in Loveland, Ohio said: I work for RJ Reynolds as a territory manager in Lakewood, NJ. I was hired less then a month ago as a full time employee with full benefits. I did not do any of the things listed above to obtain employment, nor do I suggest anyone consider the above post as good advice.

Hello, I am involved in the interviewing process right now with RJ Reynolds, it sounds like a wonderful place to work. Were you relocated immediately as they state during the interviews, did they give you 2 weeks, 3? Did you get to have any input into where you were relocated other than when they initially ask you for your top three areas in the begining of the interview? It would be a great help to me if you could shed any light on this topic. Thanks for your time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shontele Poindexter in Atlanta, Georgia

54 months ago

I just completed the Panel Interview in San Francisco, how long did you hear back regarding the decision and did they give you options on places to be relocated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Noahs Ark in Fullerton, California

53 months ago

Hi poindexter, my panel interview is scheduled for April 21 in Houston, Tx. How did you interview go? Was it rough? The hiring process is pretty tough. First a phone interview, second a ride along or "Day on the Trade," third, submit 6 videos responding to additional questions, fourth, another 20min interview with a recruiter and lastly the panel interview. Did you go through the same process? Even though this has been tough so far, I hope the hard work pays off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Poindexter, as for you question... I heard they usually offer you the position during the interview??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Jinnifer Dodds in Florida said: Hello, I am involved in the interviewing process right now with RJ Reynolds, it sounds like a wonderful place to work. Were you relocated immediately as they state during the interviews, did they give you 2 weeks, 3? Did you get to have any input into where you were relocated other than when they initially ask you for your top three areas in the begining of the interview? It would be a great help to me if you could shed any light on this topic. Thanks for your time!

Hi J. Dodds, I am from cali. I read your post and just so you know, I am also in the hiring process, I just completed my last phone interview and got a panel interview later this month. +wish me luck+ from what I heard, they relocate you within 4 weeks of an offer. I am pretty sure every situation is different. Some interviews offer you a choice of locations some don't... you just don't know.... You just have to take what they give you... hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Gras in Crawfordsville, Indiana

53 months ago

Noahs Ark in Fullerton, California said: Hi poindexter, my panel interview is scheduled for April 21 in Houston, Tx. How did you interview go? Was it rough? The hiring process is pretty tough. First a phone interview, second a ride along or "Day on the Trade," third, submit 6 videos responding to additional questions, fourth, another 20min interview with a recruiter and lastly the panel interview. Did you go through the same process? Even though this has been tough so far, I hope the hard work pays off.

Where you asked to do a ride along after the first phone interview or did they contact you by email / phone if you made it to that step? I have my phone interview coming up, so I was just curious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jonesed in Ferrum, Virginia

53 months ago

Just wondering i have over 20 years experience in retail management,last 5 years ive had my own insurance agency due to the failing economy in insurance i want to change careers the rj reynolds territory/sales manager is a perfect match for me.I feel im very qualified for the position,but i dont have a college degree will that hurt me any info would be nice.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jonesed in Ferrum, Virginia

53 months ago

Noahs Ark in Fullerton, California said: Hi J. Dodds, I am from cali. I read your post and just so you know, I am also in the hiring process, I just completed my last phone interview and got a panel interview later this month. +wish me luck+ from what I heard, they relocate you within 4 weeks of an offer. I am pretty sure every situation is different. Some interviews offer you a choice of locations some don't... you just don't know.... You just have to take what they give you... hope this helps

I have alot of qualified experience in sales,retail...but dont have a college degree can i get in without that.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sootie in shelby twp, Michigan

51 months ago

Jinnifer Dodds in Florida said: Hello, I am involved in the interviewing process right now with RJ Reynolds, it sounds like a wonderful place to work. Were you relocated immediately as they state during the interviews, did they give you 2 weeks, 3? Did you get to have any input into where you were relocated other than when they initially ask you for your top three areas in the begining of the interview? It would be a great help to me if you could shed any light on this topic. Thanks for your time!

Jennifer, run, run, run, if you are interviewing in florida. the key account manager there is EVIL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cm0444 in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

Noahs Ark in Fullerton, California said: Hi J. Dodds, I am from cali. I read your post and just so you know, I am also in the hiring process, I just completed my last phone interview and got a panel interview later this month. +wish me luck+ from what I heard, they relocate you within 4 weeks of an offer. I am pretty sure every situation is different. Some interviews offer you a choice of locations some don't... you just don't know.... You just have to take what they give you... hope this helps

hello, I saw your post and wanted to see how your panel interview went. I have been going through the interview process and I have a panel interview next week. I would appreciate any help you can give me!!
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

efra2739 in Kissimmee, Florida

46 months ago

Hi,

I see you post so you know better!! I had my first initial phone interview 2 days ago and the recruiter said I should hear back from them by phone or email.. I was wondering if you knew how long it takes RJ Reynolds to contact you for a second interview? This is my email efra2739@gmail.com if you can help me with that let me no at that emal. thnaks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

cm0444 in Houston, Texas said: hello, I saw your post and wanted to see how your panel interview went. I have been going through the interview process and I have a panel interview next week. I would appreciate any help you can give me!!
thanks

I had my first initial phone interview 2 days ago .. how long it takes RJ Reynolds to contact you for a second interview? efra2739@gmail.com thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I had my first initial phone interview 2 days ago with Reynolds .. how long it takes RJ Reynolds to contact you for a second interview? efra2739@gmail.com thanks!

44 months ago

Hi Jennifer how was the interview did you have to relocate or they gave u the opportunity to stay in you area>???? efra2739@gmail.com let me know !

fun2lurk in Fort Worth, Texas

43 months ago

5 months after my first phone interview I finally signed an offer letter. Why did it take so long? I turned down 2-3 locations before they offered me one I could live with. Then they kept filling the ones I accepted via internal movement. That happened 2-3 times as well. All and all I am happy so far. Im just waiting on my drug test and background check to come back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The General in Spencer, Iowa

43 months ago

openmic in Greensboro, North Carolina said: The main way is to get in via an outsourcing company. EDS/HP has the inside track right now, but there are several small local contracting companies (like DataMasters and Denton Associates) that also might be able to place you. Expect short term contracts, not regular full time positions with benefits. Even with EDS/HP you will have better luck if you are located in India. Sorry folks - this is no joke or sour grapes, just the way it is.
Some can get in by knowing the right manager. Managers who came from B&W are the best bet, but original RJR managers are unlikely to be able to help much anymore.

This person is an idiot. If you apply and get an initial offer, it is not temporary position, it is a full time job that will last as long as you keep on being productive and positive. Don't listen to "openmic" they are just talking out of their ass. Go to the R.J. Reynolds website and apply there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Buckeye in Cincinnati, Ohio

42 months ago

fun2lurk in Fort Worth, Texas said: 5 months after my first phone interview I finally signed an offer letter. Why did it take so long? I turned down 2-3 locations before they offered me one I could live with. Then they kept filling the ones I accepted via internal movement. That happened 2-3 times as well. All and all I am happy so far. Im just waiting on my drug test and background check to come back.

They just offered me two locations I do not want and when I asked if they could keep me in the system for future locations they said they couldnt, how did you get so many different location offers?

jmars in Asheville, North Carolina

41 months ago

Ijust recieved an offer from RJ any idea how long it takes for background to come back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ELDS in Virginia Beach, Virginia

39 months ago

fun2lurk in Fort Worth, Texas said: 5 months after my first phone interview I finally signed an offer letter. Why did it take so long? I turned down 2-3 locations before they offered me one I could live with. Then they kept filling the ones I accepted via internal movement. That happened 2-3 times as well. All and all I am happy so far. Im just waiting on my drug test and background check to come back.

When they offered you the first location, did they say "consider this the only location they will offer you?" because thats what they said to me. I do not like the suggested location at all because it means moving to a bad area of our state - but I really want to get in with the company so I am hesitant to say no.

What are your thoughts on this fun2lurk?? Do you think I could risk telling them no? Another person Buckeye said after two location offers, that was it - no other options...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

james in Batavia, Ohio

37 months ago

How Long did it take for the background to come back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kelly in Fairborn, Ohio

37 months ago

They said it would take longer but it only took 3 or 4 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sphinx6 in Cincinnati, Ohio

36 months ago

I'm waiting on my background to come back. 3-4 days I hope it will take!

Shay in Greensboro, North Carolina

35 months ago

I applied online then I was send a questionare where I completed and was asked to do a phone interview once that was complete I was sent an assessment and a montage link to answer 6 interview questions via webcam once that was complete I had to do "A day on the trade with a local TM. They called the next day to schedule a day and time to do the last and final step which is a panel interview which I am scheduled to go on later this week in Boston. Wish me luck I am looking forward to this opportunity!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

wjjohnso in Charlotte, North Carolina

35 months ago

I've been through the majority of the process & have my panel interview on the opposite side of the country in Seattle, WA next week! Pretty exciting! Any suggestions??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jenojean in Montclair, California

25 months ago

I personally would have NEVER posted comments about RJR - good or bad. Are you still employed with them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

Host said: Do you work at RJ Reynolds? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Working for a tobacco co is a job with good pay and excellent benefits. Very easy work. It's not really sales.

I do think that RJ should be your last choice out of the big 3. There brands are in decline more so. They do have an awesome 401.

JamesBondFan in Champaign, Illinois

25 months ago

Has anyone had the "Day on Trade" experience? Other than being dressed in khakis and a polo shirt... And the Territory Manager giving me a review at the end of the day... I'm not quite sure what to expect. Anyone have any experience?

JBF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gerry in Fresno, California

16 months ago

I have the panel interview next week. Can anyone tell me what to expect
? What kind of questions will be asked? Was there role playing scenarios? Thanks for any feed

Juventus in Woodstock, Georgia

12 months ago

I have applied to openings through there website for Territory Manager. I have been a successful salesman for many years including one of the best in the country for a fortune 12. Do you have a contact in Georgia. Anywhere in Metro Atlanta. My email is Charles.nelson0416@gmail.com Your generosity in this matter will not go overlooked.

sassyVet08 in Vancleave, Mississippi

10 months ago

I applied several times with this company but never got an interview until now. I completed the videos as well as the day on the trade but I havent heard from them in weeks. Is this normal?

Mike in Los Angeles, California

6 months ago

sassyVet08 in Vancleave, Mississippi said: I applied several times with this company but never got an interview until now. I completed the videos as well as the day on the trade but I havent heard from them in weeks. Is this normal?

They generally get back to you within days if you are chosen as a candidate after the day on the trade to schedule your panel interview.

escott in High Point, North Carolina

5 months ago

I just finished my panel interview with RJR on Friday at the Winston-Salem, NC office. I am applying for a Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer position. The panel interview was actually a really positive experience. They give you a case study that is very close to the kind of work you will actually be doing. You have an hour to prepare, and write out all of your steps in a Word document. Then, you present your case study solution to the panel, and they ask you questions surrounding your document. I think it is a great way to see if you are a fit for the position. More companies should perform interviews this way. I am competing against two other candidates and should find out sometime next week. Wish me luck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.