RH's noncompete agreement for recruiters

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Lost in Reston in Unionville, Virginia

92 months ago

I am 4 weeks new to RH, and already hate it. Just trying to get things in order so I can make my grand exit. My office is terrible, training is non-existent (unless you consider lectures and reading on the computer hands-on training). Manager is no where to be found most of the time, he is too busy interviewing to fill seats, since turnover is high. And anyone who has been there for any length of time, and actually has a clue whats going on, doesnt want to deal with the "newbies." Its a horrific environment.

I think that the staffing industry would be a great fit for me; however, I am concerned about the non compete clause RH has built into their employment contract. Does anyone know much about this, how enforceable it is in the state of VA, etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ex Halfer in Chicago, Illinois

92 months ago

I would say just go for it. I know in Illinois that the agreements hold no weight. I actually was hired on by RHT from another agency that had a non-compete and they bragged how their lawyers could get me out of it. You can get out of it, that contract is used to scare you and gives them total control. You can argue that the contract was not held up on their end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Catherine Sutton

88 months ago

I place recruiters in staffing agency positions. Send me your noncompete and let's talk about it.

Lost in Reston in Unionville, Virginia said: I am 4 weeks new to RH, and already hate it. Just trying to get things in order so I can make my grand exit. My office is terrible, training is non-existent (unless you consider lectures and reading on the computer hands-on training). Manager is no where to be found most of the time, he is too busy interviewing to fill seats, since turnover is high. And anyone who has been there for any length of time, and actually has a clue whats going on, doesnt want to deal with the "newbies." Its a horrific environment.

I think that the staffing industry would be a great fit for me; however, I am concerned about the non compete clause RH has built into their employment contract. Does anyone know much about this, how enforceable it is in the state of VA, etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

HappyPerson in Merchantville, New Jersey

87 months ago

I am scared!! Is there anyone out there happy about their career with Robert Half? I am considering a position with them and am 1st of all, not even a bit excited about the expected 8 to 6 day every day. Thinking maybe pouring coffees at Starbucks may be more fun.

Is it worth it? When I was in the office, it looked like a cattle call. People were waiting a long time for their scheduled appts and I prefer to treat people with more respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

no comment in na, Connecticut

87 months ago

8-6! Try 7:30-7:30. If you work 8-6, no matter how good of a sales person you are you will be let go for not "fitting in with the company model." I vote for Starbucks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

So, the hours they told me are not real? Seriously, I have a life. I like to work out!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Lost in Reston in Unionville, Virginia said: I am 4 weeks new to RH, and already hate it. Just trying to get things in order so I can make my grand exit. My office is terrible, training is non-existent (unless you consider lectures and reading on the computer hands-on training). Manager is no where to be found most of the time, he is too busy interviewing to fill seats, since turnover is high. And anyone who has been there for any length of time, and actually has a clue whats going on, doesnt want to deal with the "newbies." Its a horrific environment.

Okay, so what kind of schedule do you work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

no comment in na, Connecticut

87 months ago

The hours are real, but there is an unwritten rule in most offices. They tell you eight to six, and they may even tell you that most of the recruiters are gone by six, however, that is simply NOT the case. They also give you a ridicolous amount of vacation days to "make up for it" but even if you take like 2 out of the 30 they give you, you are not in favor and not fitting with the company model.

In order to make it at RHI you have to be into the lifestyle. If your already going in with that attitute then my advice would be to decline the offer. If it already scares you now, wait until you get there. Do you like to eat lunch? And be able to digest it? If you answered yes then seroiusly....take your talent elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

O.P. in Miami, Florida

14 months ago

I think that the staffing industry would be a great fit for me; however, I am concerned about the non compete clause RH has built into their employment contract . Does anyone know much about this, how enforceable it is in the state of VA, etc?

I was at RHI for roughly 7 months and now I'm walking strait into dead ends because of the non compete. I've interviewed at more than a handful of firms in less than a month and I feel like they're adamant in moving forward with an offer because of it. I really want to stay in recruiting but I'm confronted with this issue, any suggestions or comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gnarley in Santa Rosa, California

8 months ago

I may be going out on a limb here, however I believe their Non-compete clause is without merit as this is your given area of employment and how you make an income. You cannot be denied your ability to earn a paycheck so their clause may be unenforceable. If you leave on your own there may be merit to it. If you are discharged I would think it would be invalidated, however check your state laws concerning this. In California you may sign one but they are unenforceable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.