THE WORST STAFFING AGENCY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 94)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

D in Massapequa, New York

112 months ago

This place is a joke, they post jobs online on several websites, then you hit "apply now" and never hear back from them or they tell you the posting was from months ago and then it automatically re-posted, BULL! This company does not push for you, they barely even call you for interviews. They tell you they have no positions at this time, then you check websites which they post positions on, what a joke. I think they post "fake" positions online, how could a job get re-posted constantly? Sounds like someone on their half isnt doing thier own JOB. Dont waste your time, go with a different firm or land a position on your own like I did. It's not worth the aggrivation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (178) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Ron / Boston in Lexington, Massachusetts

112 months ago

I agree. They told me they had an exclusive on a high paying job in Boston. They called me in and said I was the ideal candidate since I had the right experience for their client. They would submit me right away. Three weeks later I still had not heard so I called the recruiter. He said the client was still going over resumes. Then I got a call from another recruiter at another agency. Funny, he had the same job. I even had him send me the specs. The same wording to a "T". Forget it. The only good recruiter is the one who can get you a job. The others are worthless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ismael Colon in Fort Worth, Texas

112 months ago

Gentlemen,

If your are truly upset its ok to be. If you do not feel that you are be taken seriously and being passed over and lied to by recruiters make a change.
You create your own destinity others just help. I'm a recruiter, if you a serious about wanting a different perspective on jobs contact me at i.colon@search-executives.com. Send me a resume attached to your email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (78) Reply - Report abuse

kktg in Los Angeles, California

111 months ago

I AGREE WITH ALL WHO HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH ROBERT HALF. IT'S NOT JUST RHI, SEVERAL AGENCIES POST JOB JUST TO GET NEW CANDIDATES TO CALL IN, INTERVIEW JUST TO MEET THEIR WEEKLY QUOTES. I TO HAD EXPERIENCE APPLYING FOR JOBS AND NEVER GET A CALL BACK EITHER. THEY ARE A JOKE, WHEN YOU CALL THE AGENCIES, AFTER YOU APPLY FOR THE JOB, THEY TELL YOU THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AVAILABLE. WHEN ASK WHY THEY HAVE A JOB ON THE INTERNET, I'M TOLD THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY POSITION IN MY SALARY RANGE, HOWEVER THE POSTING WAS IN MY RANGE. WE ALL NEED TO PROTEST, AND DO DO BUSINESS WITH THE AGENCIES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Los Angeles, California

111 months ago

The recruiters are not being upfront with you. If they are not contacting you or pushing you through to the next step, it is because you are not qualified for the position. The recruiter just doesn't have the backbone to tell you you are unqualified for the position.

The postings are not fake and we do not have interviewing quotas. For every job posting I submit I get over 200 applicants. Out of those 200, 20 may be qualified on paper. After speaking with them directly, only 2 are qualified. Why? Because job seekers tend to fib on their resume's and say they have a degree when they do not or they fib on their past/current income, job titles and employment dates. If you have issues with your background, DUI's, bankruptcy, bad credit and/or a bad driving record...you are not a viable candidate and the agency cannot represent you.

We work for the client companies. Not the job seekers. They are the ones paying us. Not you. If you want an agency that is going to cater to your every need then find an agency where you pay for their services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (107) Reply - Report abuse

TG in Diamond Bar, California

111 months ago

First let me say that the recruiter who wrote this is fibing. Robert Half do have interviewing quotas. I was told by several former employee's that I know personally. Nevertheless, you can not tell me that out of 200 candidates only 20 were good and out of the 20 only 2 were qualified. You talk about how the candidates lie on their resume, well Robert Half and other agencies, would change the candidate resume to match what your client needs are. Adding things, deleting information. Now who telling a fib. For you to say you work for the companies because they pay you, again I guess you fib to the candidates because RHI would say to the candidates to TRUST you when speaking on their behalf about the salary because you want to make sure it's large enough so that your cut would be larger or you can get the candidate more because the candidate might low ball him or herself Right! Thanks for letting us all know that since you don't work for the candidate, when and if RH schedule an interview, we are representing ourselves therefore we need to discuss salary because no one is looking our for our best interest.... Don't you agree. I think you just put your foot in your month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

elr in Los Alamitos, California

111 months ago

This by far is the most deceptive agency in the Los Angeles Area. They even fight amongst themselves. Stating if you're registered with their office you can't go to another, even if it's geographically closer to you.
I was told I had a job. Went in NOTHING.
Are these people Corporate rejects?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

elr in Los Alamitos, California

111 months ago

D in Massapequa, New York said: This place is a joke, they post jobs online on several websites, then you hit "apply now" and never hear back from them or they tell you the posting was from months ago and then it automatically re-posted, BULL! This company does not push for you, they barely even call you for interviews. They tell you they have no positions at this time, then you check websites which they post positions on, what a joke. I think they post "fake" positions online, how could a job get re-posted constantly? Sounds like someone on their half isnt doing thier own JOB. Dont waste your time, go with a different firm or land a position on your own like I did. It's not worth the aggrivation.

This is so true. They probably probe the Classifieds and call the potential employer and tell them they have the candidate for them. You go in do all the paperwork. Listen to their freakin life stories. NO CAll.

I've wasted expensive resume paper on these people. Where is Robert when you need him?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

111 months ago

D in Massapequa, New York said: This place is a joke, they post jobs online on several websites, then you hit "apply now" and never hear back from them or they tell you the posting was from months ago and then it automatically re-posted, BULL! This company does not push for you, they barely even call you for interviews. They tell you they have no positions at this time, then you check websites which they post positions on, what a joke. I think they post "fake" positions online, how could a job get re-posted constantly? Sounds like someone on their half isnt doing thier own JOB. Dont waste your time, go with a different firm or land a position on your own like I did. It's not worth the aggrivation.

You are correct. They assign you then withdraw the assignment without notice. Then they do not inform you as to what is
happening. How do they keep in business. Rude and unprofessional
They require several little toy soliders, round peg in a round hole

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

111 months ago

they owe you Professional Treatment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Realistic in San Diego, California

111 months ago

Richard in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: they owe you Professional Treatment

Didnt realize they owed you. Do all other companys owe you too? Do you demand every company hire you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

111 months ago

Realistic in San Diego, California said: Didnt realize they owed you. Do all other companys owe you too? Do you demand every company hire you?

This is BS. No everyone cannot hire you but when a company tells you something and then backs out without informing you then they are treating you like they have no moral corperate fiber.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ratsandmice in Cos Cob, Connecticut

110 months ago

I agree. I got my current job thru accountemps & was made perm, but it bites and I want to leave. Robt Half has consistently ignored all emails, calls, faxes, etc. How do they make a living if they won't even make the effort to place a former client???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Rice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

110 months ago

Let's all admit it, there Professional Standards are in question and that is a nice way of saying that they !!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

RHIGUY in Greensboro, North Carolina

110 months ago

The fact is that 10% of interviewed candidates are going to be placeable.

Candidates DO get frustrated because they know that they can do a job that is posted. The fact is that they are right. However, at the same time dozens of people - maybe hundreds can also do that job. It comes down to RECENT, RELEVANT EXPERIENCE. Employers don't want an overqualifed employee who they have to reshape etc..they want someone that will be challenged and be interested in doing a good job THEIR WAY.

Another Factor - how the candidate carries him/herself - on paper is one thing but a lot of candidates are unpolished, unprofessional and belong in a warehouse, not a corporate setting - recruters must match the immage of the company with the image of the candidate - it's also about chemistry.

Some candidates have low energy, poor eye contact, don't know how to dress, some have job hopped..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Female in Washington, District of Columbia

110 months ago

RHIGUY in Greensboro, North Carolina said: The fact is that 10% of interviewed candidates are going to be placeable.

Candidates DO get frustrated because they know that they can do a job that is posted. The fact is that they are right. However, at the same time dozens of people - maybe hundreds can also do that job. It comes down to RECENT, RELEVANT EXPERIENCE. Employers don't want an overqualifed employee who they have to reshape etc..they want someone that will be challenged and be interested in doing a good job THEIR WAY.

Another Factor - how the candidate carries him/herself - on paper is one thing but a lot of candidates are unpolished, unprofessional and belong in a warehouse, not a corporate setting - recruters must match the immage of the company with the image of the candidate - it's also about chemistry.

Some candidates have low energy, poor eye contact, don't know how to dress, some have job hopped..

I agree with Displaced on their response. Every company does their jobs differently and it is poor hiring managers that use the excuse of OVERQUALIFIED because this OQ person may just show them a thing or two that might improve their own ways of doing things. Everyone is malleable when they need a job to provide for their families & will do what it takes to accommodate their new employer - yet aren't given the opportunity to do so because they fear them. When I am told I am overqualified it means I can do the job but they hide behind that excuse because their is something about me that they are intimidated by. And everyones interpretation about what is polished and what isn't vary. But you are hiring for the person's experience -- some of the smartest people in this world don't wear designer clothing or the best clothing -- but it doesn't mean they aren't intelligent. Not everyone can be striking in their looks & most of your pretty people got the jobs based only on their looks -- and fail to perform.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Female

110 months ago

EX-RHI-DD in Huntington Beach, California said: I used to work for RHI as an Accountemps Division Director in So Cal. as well as many other top notch agencies. To be honest I was going to write something negitive because when I left I had a jerk manager and I left on not the best note. But after reading the postings I have to tell all of you whiners RHI is by far the best financial staffing firm you will be lucky enough to get to work for. I'm not saying that for any reason other then it's the truth. They have the best opportunities and the best people interviewing (they know A/F) If you didn't get the job go to Adecco. Theres a reason you were not hired.

AND there IS a reason you left on a bad note! That being stated by you says the you must be whiner or just a POS that is scared to be honest! He was a jerk to you & instead of dealing you left. Where are your Kahunas??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no one special in Newton Center, Massachusetts

110 months ago

Jobless Female in Washington, District of Columbia said: I agree with Displaced on their response. Every company does their jobs differently and it is poor hiring managers that use the excuse of OVERQUALIFIED because this OQ person may just show them a thing or two that might improve their own ways of doing things. Everyone is malleable when they need a job to provide for their families & will do what it takes to accommodate their new employer - yet aren't given the opportunity to do so because they fear them. When I am told I am overqualified it means I can do the job but they hide behind that excuse because their is something about me that they are intimidated by. And everyones interpretation about what is polished and what isn't vary. But you are hiring for the person's experience -- some of the smartest people in this world don't wear designer clothing or the best clothing -- but it doesn't mean they aren't intelligent. Not everyone can be striking in their looks & most of your pretty people got the jobs based only on their looks -- and fail to perform.

First, "over qualified" is NOT an excuse. It is a legitmate reason not to hire someone. As a hiring manager for 30+ years, I have seen over qualified people quickly become bored or complain about lack of pay (because they are not earning what they COULD be earning) and subsequently leave. That means the hiring manager is right back at the starting point trying to fill the position.

You may be absolutely willing to do a job that is beneath your skill set and at a salary below what you are used to making, but that doesn't mean that I have to take that chance with you, not with plenty of other candidates that fit the qualificaions better than you.

And don't think "appearance" means designer clothes. It is appropriate dress, good hygiene and proper bearing. You are correct that "pretty" people get jobs and fail. Why would I, as a hiring manager, put myself in that position???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nebraska Joe in Greensboro, North Carolina

110 months ago

Overqualified candidates are often a flight risk. It's difficult to pursuade a manager to hire someone who knows that the job is less than what they really want. They don't want to hire someone who, after a year, posts out of the job and transferes elsewhere in the ocmpany..and they certainly don't want to pay a recruiter a fee for that to happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Female

110 months ago

Well, speaking for myself -- I am not a flight risk - have never been a flight risk -- once I get into a company where I am being paid I do the job that is required and then assist in other areas when deemed necessary by my boss. I just want to work a job whereas I have a steady paycheck and if they want to hire me knowing that I am overqualified but can still do the job -- I NEED to eat, provide a roof overtop of my head, AND do not complain because I need the job. So, your assumptions are wrong -- it doesn't apply to ALL people. However, I am a hardworker and it is always the hardworkers who get laid off -- not the ones who sit around and talk all day. I represent ME and my work represents ME and I am one great employee but managers like yourself -- end up taking the one who is more of a flight risk because they want to work up the corporate ladder. Then you do an annual review whereas you want people to set goals, I like what I do which is why I went into the field I am in, yet you want ME to aspire to be something more when I want to remain in my chosen field. Why is that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Female in Clinton, Maryland

110 months ago

Well, if I am bored I create more efficient ways of doing things, or should I just say turn the boring into a more creative end product. I put myself out there and ASK the team I am working for if there is anything that I can do to assist them. I work hard & I do the job that is required to be done without complaining, regardless. Sometimes, the mindless things are a relief but I have always been grateful for being able to work and never took it for granted. Even though they took me for granted, I still treated them professionally. because I refuse to be anything else but. I have no family to help me out in this time of turmoil & I fight this battle for employment alone. Last night I had Bread & Butter for my meal as I can't afford anything more than that which I already had in the house - I didn't eat out when I was making the money but the funds are so low that I can't afford to risk not having gas to get to an interview. I am hungry but I am not complaining about it -- I am still fighting for a full-time permanent job. What choice do I have & where will complaining get me? It's a waste of energy in this fight for a life of simplicity - as that is all I want - a simple life. A roof, food, and a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

110 months ago

I can appreciate the fact that you may be a valued employee if hired but I speak from 30+ year hiring experience. You can discount that if you want. I don't want to slam EVERY over qualified person, but the facts are the facts (at least in my experiences).

Yes, I know you need a job but so don't a lot of people. MY job isn't to make sure there is full employment. My job is to hire the correctly qualified person for a position. I'm sorry that isn't you. It isn't a lot of people... I can't do anything about that.

Maybe instead of applying for jobs for which you are over qualified, you should set your sights higher. Employment is getting to a point where it is turning more to an employee market.

I wish you luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Female in Vienna, Virginia

110 months ago

no one special in Newton Center, Massachusetts said: I can appreciate the fact that you may be a valued employee if hired but I speak from 30+ year hiring experience. You can discount that if you want. I don't want to slam EVERY over qualified person, but the facts are the facts (at least in my experiences).

Yes, I know you need a job but so don't a lot of people. MY job isn't to make sure there is full employment. My job is to hire the correctly qualified person for a position. I'm sorry that isn't you. It isn't a lot of people... I can't do anything about that.

Maybe instead of applying for jobs for which you are over qualified, you should set your sights higher. Employment is getting to a point where it is turning more to an employee market.

I wish you luck.

I am NOT applying for which I am OVERQUALIFIED -- I am applying for positions in which I am fully qualified to do ACCORDING to their job requirements. Your 'No one Special' title on this board is a contradiction because you think you are so damned special that you think placing ads w/the requirements then to tell them they are overqualified because they can do the job isn't being a judgemental, prejudice, think they know what's best hiring jackass. WHO are you to think that you know who fits the job best? You've never seen me work but you base your decisions on what YOU think - what about the client? The only thing that you are SPECIAL about is ensuring that someone who CAN do the job doesn't eat, becomes homeless, or can't pay their bills because you think you are GOD. You are destroying the morale of qualified people & the day that you lose your job & get the same BS that we are, well -- then & only then will you UNDERSTAND! May you never lose your job & feel our pain because you WON'T be able to handle it! You POS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tired of your whining in Jacksonville, Florida

110 months ago

I work for RHI...most of what you say is incorrect. Out of the 10-20 people I interview per week, I may find 2-3 candidates who are actually placeable. Most have been here 6 months, there 13 months, another 4 months, and so forth.

The people who get placed are the professionals who know what it means to take a position and stay in that position until they have something to offer the employer who is looking.

Also, we have information about most postings that you are not privy to. You think you are qualified because of what you read but you are not based on what we've been told.

Want to progress in a career? Get a good education and stay with your current employer unless there are legitimate reasons for leaving (layoff, co. sold, etc.). Chasing a few more bucks every 6 months will certainly catch up with you in the long run.

Not to boast but give you a reference of who I am...I am a CPA with a Masters degree in accounting and spent several years in public accounting. I am not a flunkie but I meet many everyday who wonder why we can't place them after they have changed jobs 6 times in the past 4 years. Would you hire you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

110 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional:

Yes, my job is to hire people who will be valuable, however hiring over qualified people just isn't smart. If you don't believe me (a) ask other hiring managers or (b) look at your own history... you are NOT being hired for positions for which you are over qualified.

And you can throw out those "profiling and prejudiced" code words all you want. Is not hiring an accountant that doesn't know Excel "profiling and prejudiced"? It's smart hiring.

Jobless Female:

There is a difference between being fully qualified and over qualified. As a CFO, I am fully qualified to be an accounting clerk. I could do the job in my sleep. But I am over qualified for the job.

You stated: “WHO are you to think that you know who fits the job best" It's MY job in MY company reporting to ME so I guess the answer is ME.

And my not hiring you or someone else makes them homeless? So I should NOT HIRE someone else instead? Where does this end.

I really do hope you find something. As I mentioned before, if you continually get the "over qualified" comment, look for a higher level job... not one ABOVE your abilities, but one that MATCHES your abilities. You and your employer will both be happier.

Again, I wish you luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

Without trying to beat a dead horse...

Webster's defines qualified as "having the qualities, accomplishments, etc., that fit a person for some function, office, or the like."

The key here is "fit". Would you buy shoes that are three sizes too big? A coat that is XXL when you take a medium? Of course not. But according to your standards, you would fit in them and, therefore, there would be no reason not to buy them.

If i get 100 resumes for a position, I assume that most of those people can do the job and want to do the job. What I don't know is WHY they want the job. When I see someone over qualified (three sizes too big) applying for a position well beneath their abilities, I have to ask myself "why?"

-Are they desparate to take ANY job?
-Are they just looking to fill their time?
-Are they looking to tide themselves over until something better comes along?
-Are they just happy to take a less stressful, less responsible job?

Three of the above four reasons will most likely lead them to leave. That's a 75% chance, along with every other reason an employee, qualified or over qualified, wants to leave. Why increase my odds?

BTW - I don't think I EVER brought age into this discussion. AGE does not translate into over qualified. Honestly, I would rather have more mature workers any day of the week, provided they are qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

You are way off base.

The people on my staff today are between 45 - 62. They are the right fit for their jobs.

The last assistant manager I hired was 52... four years older than me. I had equally qualified and younger applicants but I liked her maturity. I had younger applicants who could have done MY job but I knew that they were over qualified and would not be happy being an assistant manager.

Why don't I ask the applicant? I always do. But you and I both know that if the applicant is out of a job and is desperate to grab the first thing that comes along just to get a paycheck until something better comes along, he isn't going to tell you that.

Finally, I won't deny that some hiring managers will use "over qualified" as code words for "too old", but give some of us credit for not doing that and having legitimate concerns about over qualified applicants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jacob in Brookline, Massachusetts

109 months ago

I have learned alot from you today.

I have a question.

does a powerful thank you letter ever finally make you make a decision about hiring someone?
change your mind about not hiring that person?
give that person a huge edge over the other applicants that didnt send one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no one special in Arlington, Massachusetts

109 months ago

Jacob in Brookline, Massachusetts said: no one special in Newton Center, Massachusetts

I have learned alot from you today.

I have a question.

does a powerful thank you letter ever finally make you make a decision about hiring someone?
change your mind about not hiring that person?
give that person a huge edge over the other applicants that didnt send one?

Jacob,

There are only a few instances when a thank-you note is helpful in my opinion.

1 - If the job is "customer service" oriented where follow up is important, sending a thank-you note shows you have the skills to do so.

2 - If two candidates are absolutely equal (which really never happens), I think a thank-you note could make the difference.

3 - A thank-you note should say more thank-you. It is an other opportunity to sell yourself. Think of a couple of points that the interviewer said were important... Excel skills, punctuality, team work, etc... and in your thank-you letter point out how you match those important points. "The importance of Excel in this position matches my abilities perfectly. I have created several Excel spreadsheets that have streamlines processes in my department."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

no one special in Arlington, Massachusetts

109 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said:
I don't know anything except for what I know. And, I know that jobs have always been hard to get, and, at the moment, jobs remain hard to get, especially if one is older. Once I get a job I would hold onto it for dear life, because, again, jobs are hard to get, especially if one is older.

I also know that while I know myself, my sincerity and my needs, you, as a Hiring Manager, don't know me. You will have just met me and, to you, I am a stranger. I understand that. So, I suppose that no matter what I may say to you about loyalty, integrity and a stable work record, according to all of your comments you will still ASSUME I am not being truthful with you and plan to leave.

It's not a matter of not believing that you are being truthful... it's a matter of me doing my job by making sure I hire the right person for the job. That is my responsibility to my firm.

I check your references not because I think you are lying but because I need to assure myself about your work history and skills... to make sure you are the right FIT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BL in Tucson

109 months ago

Couldn't agree more with the negative sentiments expressed here about Robert Half.

I can only speak about the offices I have been to but I would advise anyone not to expect anything from either the New York or Tucson offices.

They say their interview/testing process takes a couple of hours but plan on being there about five hours. Something we can all live with if they actually did anything for you afterwards but of course, that's not what happens.

Considering the job market right now (supposedly well-qualified Accountants and Finance people are hard to find these days), it seems hard to believe that Robert Half can not get me in for any interviews (it's fair to say that I'm in the top 1/3 of my field).

That said, what really sets them apart is their unprofessionalism and apparent laziness. At least act like a human being and have the common courtesy to return a phone call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Acctmgr in Sacramento, California

109 months ago

BL in Tucson said: Couldn't agree more with the negative sentiments expressed here about Robert Half.

I can only speak about the offices I have been to but I would advise anyone not to expect anything from either the New York or Tucson offices.

They say their interview/testing process takes a couple of hours but plan on being there about five hours. Something we can all live with if they actually did anything for you afterwards but of course, that's not what happens.

Considering the job market right now (supposedly well-qualified Accountants and Finance people are hard to find these days), it seems hard to believe that Robert Half can not get me in for any interviews (it's fair to say that I'm in the top 1/3 of my field).

That said, what really sets them apart is their unprofessionalism and apparent laziness. At least act like a human being and have the common courtesy to return a phone call.

I agree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

BL and Acctmgr, I am not sure what you could possibly have been doing in the office for 5 hours. Please, with all due respect, If you stayed in one of our offices for 5 hours...I can understand why you aren't getting placed.

Why would you ever be there 5 hours? Heck, I rarely like to do something fun for 5 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

BL in Tucson

109 months ago

Tired of your whining in Jacksonville, Florida said: BL and Acctmgr, I am not sure what you could possibly have been doing in the office for 5 hours. Please, with all due respect, If you stayed in one of our offices for 5 hours...I can understand why you aren't getting placed.

Why would you ever be there 5 hours? Heck, I rarely like to do something fun for 5 hours.

I'm going to stand corrected - it was probably slightly less than four hours actually.

The real issue is that it seems that Robert Half makes minimal to no effort at matching jobseekers with their clients. Either that or the offices that I've been at are just incredibly inept at their jobs. It's as though the attention-span of the RHI recruiters lasts only as long as one check of available jobs right when they meet you. If they don't see a totally obvious match right then and there, you go right into a file and aren't thought about ever again.

And then, of course, this is what happens when you call later:

Jobseeker: May I speak to (insert recruiter name)?
RHI Secretary: May I ask who's calling?
(you give your name and are put on hold and then...)
RHI Secretary: So-and-so is in a meeting (or whatever).
You then leave a message and never receive a return call.

BL in Tucson

109 months ago

I have to laugh:

The Robert Half boys and girls down here in Tucson are posting their fake Senior Accountant ($55-62K) position again.

That's the one they used to s*ck me into their system just so I could never hear from them again.

I have to hand it to those crafty knuckleheaded pranksters - they fooled me on that one!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

Frankly, the turnover is so high in the staffing business because it's a brutal business. we have to make a certain number of calls each day to be able to make the necessary number of placements to keep our jobs. In order to make 1 placement, I probably have to interview 10 candidates, of which 2 or 3 may be worthy of submitting, hoping the company wants to interview 1 or 2.

It is really a lot more difficult than people realize to convince clients to hire our candidates. If candidates would be honest with themselves, most wouldn't hire themselves if they were the hiring manager but they expect us to work miracles. I was speaking to a guy today who has had 3 jobs in the last 40 months. No one is going to hire him. WHY? Because what do you think he will be doing in a year? Looking for another job. There are some unusual circumstances, but usually, it's the greener grass syndrome.

Placement is really all about being in the right place at the right time for the candidate and the staffing professional. I could call a company and they have no needs and an hour later the senior accountant walks off the job just before my competitor calls the same company. Yes, the competition is brutal. If I get teh Job Order, they will pick up the phone right after I hang up and call 5 other placement companies who are now racing to get their candidate placed.

It's kind of like the real estate business. If you house is a dog or just average, there will be far fewer buyers interested. However, if you put a lot into it and have some nice upgrades, you can command a higher price and expect more buyers.

So, it's not Robert Half....it's just that we have been around a long time and it's easy to beat up on success. Look at earnings over the past 10 years...we didn't do that by not placing good candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

Hey, Displaced Legal...we don't place "braodcast talent". Robert Half FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING is the name of the division. And in the circumstances you describe it would be appropriate. That is not what I am referring to knucklehead. It's becoming more clear as to why you are "displaced".

I am not Robert Half, he died some time ago, so it's not my "coneheaded approach". I work there and adhere to their policies and procedures as they sign my checks. If I wanted to start my own company I could have my own P&P.

Also, painting with a broad "NOT EVERYONE WHO.....(you fill in the blank) is pretty immature of you. There are lots of good ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE "talent" but there are also those who think something is owed to them. We help those capable of being helped. This group is most definitely the minority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

got jobs and no candidates in Columbus, Ohio

106 months ago

Ron / Boston in Lexington, Massachusetts said: I agree. They told me they had an exclusive on a high paying job in Boston. They called me in and said I was the ideal candidate since I had the right experience for their client. They would submit me right away. Three weeks later I still had not heard so I called the recruiter. He said the client was still going over resumes. Then I got a call from another recruiter at another agency. Funny, he had the same job. I even had him send me the specs. The same wording to a "T". Forget it. The only good recruiter is the one who can get you a job. The others are worthless.

YOU are so right, I recruit know, and that is part of the reason I started a practice. I only call you if I'm going to submit you period. I've been a manager and the guy looking for the job, so taking all that into perspective I understand the process and basically try to up front and for real.

The fact of the matter is there is a difference in people that recruit like myself, where most of the jobs I recruit for I could apply for and be the best candidate and those that are recruiters.

they are nothing more than people that view you as a paycheck or a commodity,,,they place little value on you and your skills unless you can get them some money,,,,,

Roger S. in Bradner, Ohio

106 months ago

Got jobs in CBUS. Do you have an email address? I am currently looking for a position in Central Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

got jobs and no candidates in Columbus, Ohio

106 months ago

Roger S. in Bradner, Ohio said: Got jobs in CBUS. Do you have an email address? I am currently looking for a position in Central Ohio.

accruals@insight.rr.com F&AP LLC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dickson Thunder in Dickson, Tennessee

105 months ago

RHIGUY in Greensboro, North Carolina said: The fact is that 10% of interviewed candidates are going to be placeable.

RECRUITERS, not RECRUTERS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Accountemps is a joke in Clifton, New Jersey

97 months ago

I have to say that I am so happy that I am not the only person who feels this way about Accountemps. I am a highly qualified candidate, have done great work for them in the past, great reviews from the clients-you would THINK that would keep me employed correct?

They are racist. It clearly shows that I am an accountant and have done accounting work for YEARS, yet the best if EVEN THAT they will only consider me for clerk positions.

The key word is TEMP, right? So you call them and tell them you found a permanent position and they try to get the information from you to get around you. Then they have an attitude when you tell them you have found another position.

Another thing that I despise is that I am usually the third or fourth person sent to said clerks position. Why not first choice?

I go to work everyday, I am on time, I am efficient-yet these folk won't assist me in getting a job.

Add to the b.s. list:

Aijilon
Adecco
Nauticus
and United Staffing.

There IS a quota for signing new talent up. I have been told so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

mclovin01 in honolulu, Hawaii

97 months ago

Try getting a job on your own in this market. Were as going through recruiters have "direct" contacts internally to market our candidates that are a good fit to the company. If you didnt get a call back thats because you arent skilled enough or the client passed on your resume because your not tenured. Our company does $4 billion dollars in revenue so were doin something right. We've been in business for 60 years, do you know any other staffing firms that have been in business this long?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Dean Suraci in Auburn, Massachusetts

97 months ago

MC Lovin01 in honolulu, Hawaii said: Try getting a job on your own in this market. Were as going through recruiters have "direct" contacts internally to market our candidates that are a good fit to the company. If you didnt get a call back thats because you arent skilled enough or the client passed on your resume because your not tenured. Our company does $4 billion dollars in revenue so were doin something right. We've been in business for 60 years, do you know any other staffing firms that have been in business this long?

MOST recruiters treat job seekers poorly! That is why you see MOSTLY negative comments on the different forums regarding job agencies.

It's awful to be out of work. It's like the equivalent of being really sick or going through a divorce. It's terrible. Work gives a person purpose - even if it's a bad job with a bad boss.

I understand that recruiting is a sales position. You don't eat, you can't pay the bills, you can't pay the mortgage unless you make the SALE. I know that your business is very competitive. (I have been told that in Atlanta there is a job agency on every corner).

All I ask and others searching for a job ask is that you do it in a more professional way. Don't lie, be alittle more courteous, have ethics, maybe even alittle sympathy to the job seeker. You guys seem to forget that the name on the resume in front of you is actually a real person not just a piece of paper. You become desensitize because you look at thousands of resumes.

I do also understand that some job seekers are idiots, however, the bad recruiters largely outweigh these job seekers.

Oh by the way what's the weather like in Hawaii?

snowball23 in Connecticut

95 months ago

I just randomly came across this rant about Robert Half Accounting and I had to respond. I recently graduated with a Master's in Business Mgmt and wanted to change careers to either finance or acct. I asked one of my accounting friends if she knew of a decent agency to help me out and she gave me the name of her recruiter at Robert Half. I contacted her, she took my information. She said she would definitely be able to assist me with my transition, so I was pretty excited. Well, after our initial phone conversation she said she had a Financial Analyst role which she thought I would be a good fit, great. She called back 2 hours later and said that the company thought I didn't have enough experience...I am thinking "No kidding? This is a career change" as soon as she told me that, I was like fine, let's look for other roles. She proceeded to throw out multiple job prospects, but all came back with the same answer, "not enough experience." I finally said, "look...I understand I don't have enough experience, but what can I do to help better the situation? I came to you thinking this woud be easier" She kept giving me the run around and said it could take months to find the right job. However, she never really helped me. She eventually stopped contacting me all together. She really had no confidence in me and didn't even really try. The whole time I am thinking "what kind of recruiter are you?" You should be looking for roles that don't require a lot of experience, she didn't have to remind me every 5 mins that I was inexperienced, that was the reason I went to her in the first place!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

denisejonesfortworthtexas in Fort Worth, Texas

65 months ago

I have read the comments on this page and the a number of people I know, me included are having the same problems in Dallas-Fort Worth. But they are not the only company that posts fictitious jobs, do not return phone calls, do no know how to work their clients and flat out lie. They post their phone numbers but never answer their phone or return calls. I have talked to no less than 8 employment agencies in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and they are all the same. Possibly they are overwhelmed because of all the people that are searching for work and with the caliber of people employment agencies are hiring possibly they feel intimidated by experienced professionals with multiple degrees. Is there a good, honest employment recruiter out there willing to help people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

denisejonesfortworthtexas in Fort Worth, Texas

65 months ago

MC Lovin01 in honolulu, Hawaii said: Try getting a job on your own in this market. Were as going through recruiters have "direct" contacts internally to market our candidates that are a good fit to the company. If you didnt get a call back thats because you arent skilled enough or the client passed on your resume because your not tenured. Our company does $4 billion dollars in revenue so were doin something right. We've been in business for 60 years, do you know any other staffing firms that have been in business this long?

Not sure where you got the number but in 2009 RHI total revenue was $3,036,547,000 but their net income (which is what you should be looking at) was only $37,263,000 which is only 1.23% Net Profit Margin. They are sucking wind and barely breaking even. Not only that, why have a number of key directors and C level managers selling 3 times more stock than they are keeping. Sorry Charlie but gross revenues mean very little.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

LawGuy77 in Denver, Colorado

62 months ago

I recently met with a Tammy Richardson in re to an advertised position. I was told to bring my ss card, three references, and resumes. During the interview, I was never asked for my sscard, never asked for the references, and WAS asked for the writing sample which I submitted to her via email the day before. She also had NO clue about the title or the position I came in to interview for. After a few sloppy and ill prepared interview questions, she notified me that I would find out the status of the position DEFINITELY by Monday. I followed up on Monday with a phone call and got nothing. By Tuesday I followed up with an email and got nothing. Essentially, I have done my fair share to try and contact her and have received absolutely zero response. Not even a yes, no, or still waiting for an answer I guaranteed you to have in two days. It's been a week now.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IT IS BS AND THE EMPLOYEES ARE UNPROFESSIONAL IDIOTS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dickson Thunder in Kingston Springs, Tennessee

62 months ago

She either forgot her way to work or no longer works there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

LawGuy77 in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

Dickson Thunder in Kingston Springs, Tennessee said: She either forgot her way to work or no longer works there!

I was told a week ago that she is no longer employed with the company.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.