Agencies in Boston

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Smudge in Boston, Massachusetts

92 months ago

I have just moved to Boston from the UK and I cannot believe how bad the recruitment agencies are here. After sending my CV off to about 15, I have only had one reply to me. Even a thanks but no thanks email would be courtesy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nora in Mesquite, Texas

90 months ago

Smudge in Boston, Massachusetts said: I have just moved to Boston from the UK and I cannot believe how bad the recruitment agencies are here. After sending my CV off to about 15, I have only had one reply to me. Even a thanks but no thanks email would be courtesy!

They never reply so I never use staffing agencies: only direct company HR. Good luck!

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

70 months ago

Staffing agencies have very dishonest reputations. You can find a job well enough without going through a staffing agency.

Staffing agencies post phony job ads, they lie about the position (often claiming it is temp to hire, when there is actually no chance of it going permanent), they will lie about your pay, your hours and everything else. Like the poster above said, find the companies you wish to work for, and contact their human resources department directly. No need to go through some staffing agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lady Luna in Gardiner, Maine

70 months ago

As a general rule of thumb, I shy away from placement agencies. In part because of the horrid experiences I had with RHI. I came across one small agency based out of New Hampshire that seems to be honest. I responded to one of their postings (they only have three right now), and they have me set with a production job at a very large and stable company. I have 20 years of aerospace machining under my belt, so while I go back to school this should work nicely. I wish I could say such great things about other staffing groups I have dealt with...but more and more use the same underhanded tactics that RHI does. Direct hire is still THE best way to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

F.S. in Lynn, Massachusetts

59 months ago

I went to Accountemps back in May. I was told to think about my starting rate because if I went as low as $10.00 an hour I would get more jobs. I called about one month ago and got no response back.

If Accountemps would call me back and tell me what the problem is then that would be helpful. And in the mean time I see many jobs listed from Accountemps on job boards.

I am going to call back once more next week if I don't get a call back or e-mail then Accountemps is off my list for good.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.