Create "false" job listing to attract professionals

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Tank job in Nanuet, New York

96 months ago

Every week they re-post the same alleged "dream job". For over a year the job has not been filled. They say the client is very picky, but the listing is a scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Citrus Heights, California

96 months ago

I think recruiters have their place, but generally they benefit specific employers more than applicants. I find it interesting that Robert Half has had more than a dozen jobs posted over a few month span that sound like a really good fit for me and even with numerous inquiries by me thay have not submitted even one application on my behalf (for different reasons). Unless you are in the recruiter's mind the perfect fit you will be ignored or at least held until their other "preferred" clients have been turned down so you want another channel to finding the opportunity that suits you. On my own I submitted an application apparently to one of those positions which they declined to submit my applicantion and at least have been interviewed with second interviews in about a week. Depending upon them (recruiters) if you are seriously looking for a position should be only a small part of your search.

I agree that many of the job postings especially not on the company website are essentially bogus fishing for clients. On one hand I understand the recruiter wanting to send only suitable candidates, but I have called on some positions that were posted weeks after being filled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

CG in Los Angeles, California

96 months ago

they do the same thing in LA.

If you email or call them about it they try to hook you up with a different job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denali in Denver, Colorado

93 months ago

Contact your State Atty. General and report them for false advertising. Also contact the place they are advertising.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jaberjaws in Saint Louis, Missouri

90 months ago

Yes the also post fake jobs here in St. Louis, MO all the time. I don't waste my time with any of their posts. I worked for Office Team 10 years ago and did get work as a temp while I was looking for a full-time job. Their agency turned for the worse now adays, pretty sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ex-Halfer

90 months ago

You can tell their fake jobs by the job number. The branch is the first 3 digits followed by a hyphen then the job number. For example 203-12345 is a real job and 203-92345 is a fake job. The "9" following the hyphen is a clue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kristina in Noblesville, Indiana

90 months ago

I am currently worked for Office Team and have gotten screwed! First, it took them 4 months to find me something! I was in the 98% of the testing too. Then, they said my pay would be $13/hour and when I got my paycheck is was only $12. When I confronted the person that placed me she said "no I told you $12/hour" bull! I wouldn't have taken the job! $12/hour is crap pay anyway for an "office manager". Needless to say I am looking for another job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

Kristina in Noblesville, Indiana said: I am currently worked for Office Team and have gotten screwed! First, it took them 4 months to find me something! I was in the 98% of the testing too. Then, they said my pay would be $13/hour and when I got my paycheck is was only $12. When I confronted the person that placed me she said "no I told you $12/hour" bull! I wouldn't have taken the job! $12/hour is crap pay anyway for an "office manager". Needless to say I am looking for another job!

I wonder if legally you could report them to the labor board?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheated employee in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

Mike in Denver, Colorado said: I wonder if legally you could report them to the labor board?

For whatever good it does, they can be reported to the labor board. I have a wage dispute similar to this. The labor boards, however have very little power and take a long time. The boards don't seem to be able to penalize these companies for cheating an employee out of wages. No lawyer will take such a case, some saying they are already too full of such cases showing this practice is widespread.
When an employer can cheat employee out of legitimately earned wages with impunity, the direction of America is going downhill.

Heathern in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

Joe in Citrus Heights, California said: I think recruiters have their place, but generally they benefit specific employers more than applicants. I find it interesting that Robert Half has had more than a dozen jobs posted over a few month span that sound like a really good fit for me and even with numerous inquiries by me thay have not submitted even one application on my behalf (for different reasons). Unless you are in the recruiter's mind the perfect fit you will be ignored or at least held until their other "preferred" clients have been turned down so you want another channel to finding the opportunity that suits you. On my own I submitted an application apparently to one of those positions which they declined to submit my applicantion and at least have been interviewed with second interviews in about a week. Depending upon them (recruiters) if you are seriously looking for a position should be only a small part of your search.

I agree that many of the job postings especially not on the company website are essentially bogus fishing for clients. On one hand I understand the recruiter wanting to send only suitable candidates, but I have called on some positions that were posted weeks after being filled.

Looking at job ads one will quickly see that these "recruiters" advertise and/or control most of the jobs - PERIOD. These companies are nothing more than parasites. They have wedged themselves in a self serving niche. They exist in posh offices off wages skimmed off hard working, honest Americans who have no choices but to use their "services" an will never be allowed direct access to the overall employer so this parisitic relationship can continue and these "recruiters" can keep their control over the market.

Heathern in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

CG in Los Angeles, California said: they do the same thing in LA.

If you email or call them about it they try to hook you up with a different job.

They have refused to find me jobs that fit my skill set but have called several times to offer trash, low wage jobs, which were difficult to get paid as agreed from.

FedUp in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

Denali in Denver, Colorado said: Contact your State Atty. General and report them for false advertising. Also contact the place they are advertising.

So far states have no options to deal with this. If they did these companies would not be such "loose cannons" and have the control over the market as they do.

Cheated in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

Mike in Denver, Colorado said: I wonder if legally you could report them to the labor board?

I worked for them. The hours came up short as did the pay. They will not answer about the difference. Just saying "we're working on it". Months have gone by and the difference has not been cleared up. Again the state is powerless to do anything. The state employment service advised me to let them know that there was a section of law that applied to such wage disputes. Their reply was that they had turned this correspondence "over to their lawyers" and that they did not need to be quoted the law. They eventually said they found an error but still refused to pay the difference.

Anonymous Halfer in US

79 months ago

See here for my post as an RHI employee:
www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Robert-Half/05390c183c137e1f707e44

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dissolusioned in Rancho Santa Margarita, California

11 months ago

In my opinion they hire these young perky recruiters who seem to by rote, advertise jobs, have you take the silly tests despite having post graduate education (and equivalent experience), and seem to make promises. There are mass emails sent out, but I am always greeted with "We have nothing for you today, we are working on XYZ, and our companies are very niche." To me it seems like a numbers game, rather than a company who delivers on promises. I suggest drumming up your own positions, joining professional societies, seek internships, and hit the pavement yourself. Dont wait for these guys to do it for you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.