Heads are rolling!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

Kevin in Bradford, Rhode Island

90 months ago

Congratulations to all that posted your experiences with this terrible organization. It appears that the geniuses in the corporate office missed a few days at the country club… Heads are a rolling at Robert Half. There are no less then 400 jobs listed for new account executives at the local hell holes around the country. Hopefully the Half-Wit that pissed YOU off will be getting the BOOT. Hope all those Half-Wits copied some skill sets for their resumes! However, they could all be fake jobs, then again you have to be an fool to even get involved in that back stabbing revolving door at the local Robert Half-Wit office. So let it be known that their idiot business model just S*** the bed…candidates are avoiding RH like the plague that they are…..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Al Kabong in Peshtigo, Wisconsin

90 months ago

My dear friends at Robert Half,
It seems to me that you must ask yourselves: Is your gourd Half empty,or Half full?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ac in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

90 months ago

Kevin said: Congratulations to all that posted your experiences with this terrible organization. It appears that the geniuses in the corporate office missed a few days at the country club… Heads are a rolling at Robert Half. There are no less then 400 jobs listed for new account executives at the local hell holes around the country. Hopefully the Half-Wit that pissed YOU off will be getting the BOOT. Hope all those Half-Wits copied some skill sets for their resumes! However, they could all be fake jobs, then again you have to be an fool to even get involved in that back stabbing revolving door at the local Robert Half-Wit office. So let it be known that their idiot business model just S*** the bed…candidates are avoiding RH like the plague that they are…..

-------------------------
I was assigned by their Accountemps division to awful jobs! They sent me anywhere, doing jerk clerk work in terrible environments just to get me off state unemployment which I wouldn't have filed for had they placed me appropriately. The first assignment the client didn't know I was coming! The end of the assignments, they tried to trash me to UE by claiming that I acted inappropriately at a client office. I am 57 years old, have worked as professional, including CFO for Fortune 1000 co. and well respected firms such as D&B and the NY Yankees! They basically treated me like scum!!! So,beware!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Perry in Boca Raton, Florida

90 months ago

Kevin said: Congratulations to all that posted your experiences with this terrible organization. It appears that the geniuses in the corporate office missed a few days at the country club… Heads are a rolling at Robert Half. There are no less then 400 jobs listed for new account executives at the local hell holes around the country. Hopefully the Half-Wit that pissed YOU off will be getting the BOOT. Hope all those Half-Wits copied some skill sets for their resumes! However, they could all be fake jobs, then again you have to be an fool to even get involved in that back stabbing revolving door at the local Robert Half-Wit office. So let it be known that their idiot business model just S*** the bed…candidates are avoiding RH like the plague that they are…..
I just moved down to the Boca Raton area just recently, and I was contacted by Robert Half. Boy, what a joke. The person who called me was their manager. She set up a time for me to come in. I asked if there was a place for me to park, and all she could say was either a meter or find some other place. When I first met her, she was very quick and rude. Then some other guy came in and interviewed me. After I filled out a resume they then told me that I needed 2 pieces of ID. Well, some of us don't carry our passport with us all the time. So, I had to come back again all the way from Boca Raton to Fort Lauderdale. About 2 weeks later the gentleman I interviewed with said I have a job for you that starts tomorrow. I had questions for him, but all he could say is that it will probably be the best opportunity that you could get in your job market. He kept pressuring me into accepting the position. He would not even tell me the company name, so I could do some of my own background investigation of the company. After all this, he still kept pressuring me into accepting the offer. I will never do business with them again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Plano, Texas

89 months ago

Hey, if Robert Half and their Associates want drama, I won't give them drama. Heck no! I'll give them a Broadway Play, which I'm fixing to do anyways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

File a claim with the EEOC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

I sent a letter to the News/MediA in Winter Springs, Florida

87 months ago

Also to te state attorney general about their goings on. Do not waste time with this company and/if they call you in do not waste your 3 hours giving your personal information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

RHI stinks

86 months ago

Robert Half is probably the worst organization to work for in the United States. In my time there, 2+ years I must have seen over 50 recruiting/staffing managers go through the revolving doors of the South Florida offices. If you want to be a manager plan on being Shannon Hurley's puppet!! What a disgraceful place to be a part of, I am disgusting with their ethics and truly wished that auditors would look deeper into candidate and client files. I highly recommend smaller firms who truly cater to your hiring needs and stop supporting the idiots that run this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Lansing, MI

86 months ago

Kevin in Bradford, Rhode Island said: Congratulations to all that posted your experiences with this terrible organization. It appears that the geniuses in the corporate office missed a few days at the country club… Heads are a rolling at Robert Half. There are no less then 400 jobs listed for new account executives at the local hell holes around the country. Hopefully the Half-Wit that pissed YOU off will be getting the BOOT. Hope all those Half-Wits copied some skill sets for their resumes! However, they could all be fake jobs, then again you have to be an fool to even get involved in that back stabbing revolving door at the local Robert Half-Wit office. So let it be known that their idiot business model just S*** the bed…candidates are avoiding RH like the plague that they are…..

Thanks for the eye-opener, you confirmed what I've known for some time. Corp. Amerika is a snakepit. As a laid-off worker from a fortune 300, I committed the cardinal sin of hitting my mid-fifties at the top end of the wage scale. Nevermind that workers 20-30 years younger couldn't find their ass with both hands ! What this country needs (and may soon get), is a not-so-bloodless revolution. It will be purely reactionary, spontaneous. People who perceive that there is no justice or fair play in the workplace, will take it to the streets. Or it may simmer for awhile amid passive -aggressive lawlessness. The end result will not be the dream we were sold as kids !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

The heck with Robert Half!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SizzlinSwede in Fort Myers, Florida

86 months ago

The heck with corporate America!

Former RHMR'er in St. Louis in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

Mike in Lansing, MI said: Thanks for the eye-opener, you confirmed what I've known for some time. Corp. Amerika is a snakepit. As a laid-off worker from a fortune 300, I committed the cardinal sin of hitting my mid-fifties at the top end of the wage scale. Nevermind that workers 20-30 years younger couldn't find their ass with both hands ! What this country needs (and may soon get), is a not-so-bloodless revolution. It will be purely reactionary, spontaneous. People who perceive that there is no justice or fair play in the workplace, will take it to the streets. Or it may simmer for awhile amid passive -aggressive lawlessness. The end result will not be the dream we were sold as kids !

The "corporate locusts are the ones that need to go. The ill spirit comes from the top and goes right down through the ranks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul in North Oxford, Massachusetts

85 months ago

Just curious....... I'm dating myself here :) but for those of you who are >40, has this firm changed much in the last 15 years or so?

I ask because when I was younger I did some temp work through accountemps in Wash DC. I didn't like the fact that they pimped 1/3 of my weekly pay, but I was otherwise treated fairly, professionally, courteously, etc. And in the grand scheme, it worked out well because I got some positive skill/resume building experience from it.

On the RHI, they never placed me anywhere on a FT basis, although there were a few near misses. On a personal level, I again was treated professionally, courteously, etc.

Based on my experience (which again was some time ago) I wouldn't dissuade anyone from pursuing opportunities with them.

M H in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

Robert Half SUCKS. Why is it still in business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJM in Boca Raton, Florida

84 months ago

I've been reading many views from many people about the unethical practices of both recruiting companies and other corporate companies they have worked for or with. Unfortunately I have had the same experiences with MANY recruiting firms as well as employers. I am a professional woman in her fifties, and I have had OVER fifteen jobs in the last two years because I refuse to stay in jobs that I am forced to work for ruthless and unethical people. It is hard not to feel like a complete loser for not staying but I am at a point in my life that the stress is too costly. Reading some of these testimonials is sadly comforting. It seems to only way to combat the behavior in our corporate system is via litigation and I have now participated in numerous class action suits for various causes- and I have seen some positive results in the work place because of them. I used to shy away from such activities, but now feel that it is my way of contributing (by the way, I have received very little in the way of settlement money). I enjoy working and want to continue to work for a long time. If anyone out there knows of a good company in the financial industry to work for (and will hire someone over fifty) please let me know. Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

X in Pleasanton, California

83 months ago

Such hostility. I personally see insurance companies and cell phone service providers as the real enemy. Everyone has something bad to say about someone, especially within the annonymous realm of the Internet.

At the end of the day, over 95% of RHI's clients and candidates would work with them again, and would recommend them to their peers, according to their most recent QAS survery (which is sent to every candidate and client who worked with RHI this year)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

what? in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

That QAS survey has to be the biggest joke ever!! I don't know of anyone who would work with RHI after one encounter...unless they are desperate.

BTW-You must work at the corp. headquarters or something...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

CLM in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

83 months ago

I contracted on my own a decade ago, but once the agencies took over, taking contracts w/many local corporations of note, I was out of business, dependant solely on them for my income. Over the years I’ve worked for highly reputable companies as contractor, controller, CFO and lastly as finance director for a division of a multi-million dollar international conglomerate. I’ve worked for the State Attorney General’s office economic crimes unit, a US BKC Trustee, the NY Yankees and many others one would recognize as pretty heady stuff. So, I have been somewhat taken back by the current trends in employment, particularly as now hunting and pecking for over 3 years! With this, I merely hope that no one endures the type of placements I suffered through. I’ve been humiliated and humbled often. Well over 400 complaints at this site cannot be wrong! Check the other agencies, few if any complaints excepting AppleOne. AppleOne too has become a people-mill. Frankly, I think these agency arrangements prohibit our right to work an offense in my mind in a Democratic free society. I too think that discrimination is rampant both with agencies and businesses! Agencies perform a service in an industry that becomes ever more competitive each year, replacing HR departments. They are the original Outsource of corporate jobs. to be continued...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Continuted - Also, I think each office is very different. Here, in Ft. Laud., I believe it is a numbers game. I believe too if you are young, pass the test within minimal limits, you too can make the cut! The unfortunate part for the job seeker, they do have the best companies on their client list, so if you can make the list – lucky you! Because of that they eliminate a large cache of employable folks, particularly those with over 2 decades of experience, those with a little gray in their hair. BTW, on Good Morning America last week they did point out that they polled employment agencies. Not one had anyone w/gray hair on assignment or placed. Because of this trend, our ability to interview w/good local companies of our own accord has been eliminated. We don’t get the chance to have our skills evaluated by the potential employers, set an interview, and sell ourselves! The agency sales associates make the determination if you are a “good interviewer” and if we will “show” well, and whether we are a “fit.” And they determine in their mind if the work is suitable to you. This time, the jobs were abysmal, demeaning, far beneath my former wages and talents. As you know, we take comprehensive skills tests and I ranked at the top of my profession, 90 percentile, even though I did not finish college. In the end, when push came to shove, regarding an issue w/my final assignment, I had no opportunity to defend myself from false allegations their client made about me. Because of that, over a year ago, I’ve not received a call back, have been blocked from accessing their site, I assume due to this incident. Personally, exhausted, I was at the end of my rope anyway. Good luck to you all!

83 months ago

Re: The QAS, assuming you mean the follow-up Q&A, you'd better be positive. When I answered the survey honestly, the dept. head freaked out! He was angry. Once I explained what I was enduring, it really didn't matter at all. And yes, to those of you who worked through the agency years ago, you are correct. They seemed to me to be far more professional, they maintained consistency among their own staff, and placed you appropriately. Welcome to the world of sales!

83 months ago

CLM in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I contracted on my own a decade ago, but once the agencies took over, taking contracts w/many local corporations of note, I was out of business, dependant solely on them for my income. Over the years I have worked for highly reputable companies as contractor, controller, CFO and lastly as finance director for a division of a multi-million dollar international conglomerate. Have worked for the State Attorney Generals office economic crimes unit, a US BKC Trustee, the NY Yankees and many others one would recognize as pretty heady stuff. So, I have been somewhat taken back by the current trends in employment, particularly as now hunting and pecking for over 3 years! With this, I merely hope that no one endures the type of placements I suffered through. I have been humiliated and humbled often. Well over 400 complaints at this site cannot be wrong! Check the other agencies, few if any complaints excepting AppleOne. AppleOne too has become a people-mill. Frankly, I think these agency arrangements prohibit our right to work an offense in my mind in a Democratic free society. I too think that discrimination is rampant both with agencies and businesses! Agencies perform a service in an industry that becomes ever more competitive each year, replacing HR departments. They are the original Outsource of corporate jobs. to be continued...

83 months ago

CLM in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Continuted - Also, I think each office is very different. Here, in Ft. Laud., I believe it is a numbers game. I believe too if you are young, pass the test within minimal limits, you too can make the cut! The unfortunate part for the job seeker, they do have the best companies on their client list, so if you can make the list lucky you! Because of that they eliminate a large cache of employable folks, particularly those with over 2 decades of experience, those with a little gray in their hair. BTW, on Good Morning America last week they did point out that they polled employment agencies. Not one had anyone w/gray hair on assignment or placed. Because of this trend, our ability to interview w/good local companies of our own accord has been eliminated. We do not get the chance to have our skills evaluated by the potential employers, set an interview, and sell ourselves! The young agency sales associates make the determination if you are a good interviewer. Also if we will show well and whether we are a fit (meaning in my mind the right age group). They also place folks to attain special credits from the government for placing minorities, those collecting unemployment and veterines. And they determine in their mind if the work is suitable to you. This time, the jobs were abysmal, demeaning, far beneath my former wages and talents. As you know, we take comprehensive skills tests and I ranked at the top of my profession, 90 percentile, even though I did not finish college. In the end, when push came to shove, regarding an issue w/my final assignment, I had no opportunity to defend myself from false allegations their client made about me. Because of that, over a year ago, I have not received a call back, have been blocked from accessing their site, I assume due to this incident, one where I was ill advised and overworked. Personally, exhausted, I was at the end of my rope anyway. Good luck to you all!

Marque in Denver, Colorado

82 months ago

This "X" in Pleasanton, CA, works for Robert Half International! They are in Public Relations at the headquarters!!! LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Suzie in Atlanta in Duluth, Georgia

80 months ago

You worked as a CFO of a Fortune 1000 company and you needed a recruiter to help you find a job? Sorry but that seems fishy to me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Former MR'er in Maryland Heights, Missouri

80 months ago

yeah, robert half probably has never placed someone that high level. they don't do retained searches, 95% are clerical or staff accountants.

clm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

80 months ago

To Suzie - As state previously, they have exclusive contracts with the Big Fortune companies. They do not place ads, excepting perhaps in the trade pubs, Wall St. Journal at times, firms network and if you examine their sites for career ops openings for these positions are never posted there. You could send a resume directly, but I assume it is sent on to the agency to screen as they are under contract to do so. With an agency a company can maintain annonimity. I used to call on the Big Corps years ago and found assignments, but the last time I did so I was handed the card of their temp agency where I might find myself placed via their terms and reduction in compensation I might add. With the advent of agency, cut backs in corp HR depts., huge numbers of resumes from applicants, major firms find using a head hunter an asset.

Marianne in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

clm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: To Suzie - As state previously, they have exclusive contracts with the Big Fortune companies. They do not place ads, excepting perhaps in the trade pubs, Wall St. Journal at times, firms network and if you examine their sites for career ops openings for these positions are never posted there. You could send a resume directly, but I assume it is sent on to the agency to screen as they are under contract to do so. With an agency a company can maintain annonimity. I used to call on the Big Corps years ago and found assignments, but the last time I did so I was handed the card of their temp agency where I might find myself placed via their terms and reduction in compensation I might add. With the advent of agency, cut backs in corp HR depts., huge numbers of resumes from applicants, major firms find using a head hunter an asset.

Actually, more and more companies are choosing NOT to use agencies because of the cost and hassles. They have their own in house tests they use.

80 months ago

I can not dispute whether that be a fact. Point remains, you've got to cover all the bases, and to get in the door of small and major corps of interest, it may mean breaking down the door of the agency system, which I might add, eliminates your ability to approach some of these entities, particularly if you are eliminated from that process by their "sales" screening staff. Lots of companies, indeed, think they will save money, may not use an agency, but many still do, saving costs overall of benefits, compensation deferred or otherwise of an HR person and or an entire dept. particularly a company I might want to work for who use an agency as those expenses are eliminated from the bottom line for if not a single, but all occasional transactions! This in particular if it be an entity that has a low turnover. More over, if one wants a particular position with a particular company and that position is a known opportunty, then learning the skills of agency would be handy. One would have to research the company, know who the decision maker is, approach that person (get your foot in the door), make an elevator presentation or inquiry, set a date to meet and greet, discuss opportunities or a particualar opportunity..., Face it, most folks, particularly if presently engaged, do not have the ability, knowlege, or time to go about that process making agency a good option.

80 months ago

I might add, I finally got into an "A" rated agency to do temp work, but guess how? The individual in receipt of my resume had audited one of the companies I'd temped for. Common ground to get in the door? No other rep in several years ever responded to my application via e-mail resume! Ability and experience should matter, but because of the "middle-man" of agency, one can be shut down! Also, poor salesmanship of the rep can lose the job as well. So, if you can find the company where you do not have to go through a third party the better off you will be.

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

79 months ago

Yes, networking is proven study after study that it is by far the MOST EFFECTIVE way of finding a job. Displaced Legal will differ, but those are the facts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RHI IS DISGUSTING

71 months ago

X in Pleasanton, California said: Such hostility. I personally see insurance companies and cell phone service providers as the real enemy. Everyone has something bad to say about someone, especially within the annonymous realm of the Internet.

At the end of the day, over 95% of RHI's clients and candidates would work with them again, and would recommend them to their peers, according to their most recent QAS survery (which is sent to every candidate and client who worked with RHI this year)

Funny how the only positive comments on RHI are from Pleasonton, the location of their corporate offices....let me guess they hired you to surf these sites and cheerlead for them? Prob why they can pay parking for the candidates.

l3wilso in Texas

71 months ago

Suzie in Atlanta in Duluth, Georgia said: You worked as a CFO of a Fortune 1000 company and you needed a recruiter to help you find a job? Sorry but that seems fishy to me...

Why does that sound fishy to you Suzie? There are many high up individuals that use headhunters and agencies. These positions are posted with agencies also.

ohiostate in Spring Lake, Michigan

70 months ago

I have an interview with Robert Half next week. I have heard awful stories about working for the company. Can anyone tell me any good news about working for them? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AC in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

70 months ago

All you can do is give it a try. It is truly unfortunate that for the most part the only way to get a foot in the door is through an agency let alone make a living, but that is where it is at. You may have poor placements or good fortune, but you won't know if you don't try. Frankly, I've always had better placements elsewhere vs Acctemps/Robert Half. But as it stands, in this current economy, you have to do everything you can to improve your financial situation so take a shot! I hope that helps.

florgrl* in Ripon, Wisconsin

62 months ago

AC in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: All you can do is give it a try. It is truly unfortunate that for the most part the only way to get a foot in the door is through an agency let alone make a living, but that is where it is at. You may have poor placements or good fortune, but you won't know if you don't try. Frankly, I've always had better placements elsewhere vs Acctemps/Robert Half. But as it stands, in this current economy, you have to do everything you can to improve your financial situation so take a shot! I hope that helps.

I have participated in other Robert Half complaint websites, but just viewed yours this morning. Please do not give this organization the time of day. They are just counting on a poor economy to lure in unsuspecting people. The only way to stop these liers is to cut them off. They need to be under investigation and I hope that is taking place right now, because they are the scum of the earth.

Long Gone RHI in Lewes, Delaware

61 months ago

I have no agenda here but am a former RHI employee, internal but on the administrative side, not an AE. I loved RHI. Yes, there are standards and goals to be met for the sales people (which is why I never did that job) but they really did promote ethics first. Sometimes they advertise "laundry list" jobs which are the most common positions they recruit for. Yes, there may not be an opening that day but more than likely if they are marketing enough and meeting their job order goals, it will be avail in a day or week. I also know that they have a "profile" for internal hires that DOES NOT discriminate on any area as some of our best producers were 40+. Legally, their bonding, which was originally for RH and AT did not allow us to place anyone who had "committed a crime of trust." This is very grey and stems from the insurance co, not RH but think about it, people responsible for handling a company's $, untrustworthy? How the clients would sue (and have)!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.