Looking to Leave RHI?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

uconsult in Boston, Massachusetts

76 months ago

staffingrecruiter08 in Boca Raton, Florida said: I am a recruiter for the Staffing Industry and I used to work for RHI for several years. I represent several terrific companies with outstanding opportunities all over the country. If you are ever interested in leaving RHI and considering opportunities within the staffing industry please let me know.

How was your experience at Robert Half? Positive/Negative ??
I'm just starting my career they and your insight would be beneficial.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

unhappy at accountemps in Stone Mountain, Georgia

76 months ago

I am not a recruiter but, I am registered with Accountemps a division of RHI. From my view they have a high turn over rate for recruiting. I base this on the fact that I can never talk to the same person year after year. Jobs must be slow too coming into to RHI since I never get called on a/p positions temp to perm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kate Vento in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

76 months ago

Absolutely horrible. A joke. They tried to bring me into their "Salried Professional Team" which is code for cheap labor and the company can not hire me full time. I don't even know where to start. They could not find me a job, screwed me around, send me to Accountemps and still sent me on silly once a month jobs and as a filer. I am an Accountant, have been a Controller, Senior Accountant, and Accounting Manager. What a joke. I am now a recruiter for their competition and love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mattklein@msn.com in Cary, North Carolina

65 months ago

Kate Vento in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Absolutely horrible. A joke. They tried to bring me into their "Salried Professional Team" which is code for cheap labor and the company can not hire me full time. I don't even know where to start. They could not find me a job, screwed me around, send me to Accountemps and still sent me on silly once a month jobs and as a filer. I am an Accountant, have been a Controller, Senior Accountant, and Accounting Manager. What a joke. I am now a recruiter for their competition and love it.

I'm a 20-yr marketing/advertising manager who is considering going to work for a local recruiting firm. I was wondering how you felt about getting into the recruiting industry? As an accountant with your background, was it a difficult jump into recruiting? Was was the biggest obstacle to overcome? What is it you enjoy the best? When convenient....

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joeschmo77 in Los Alamitos, California

63 months ago

uconsult in Boston, Massachusetts said: How was your experience at Robert Half? Positive/Negative ??
I'm just starting my career they and your insight would be beneficial.

I just left RHI. To be blunt working for them was the WORST experience of my entire life. I went in a sane, balanced and healthy individual and left stressed, overweight and miserable. They put me through 5 interviews to work for a meager salary, hidden commissions and a management that your worst nightmare couldn't even conjure.
In three short months, I unraveled as they worked my fingers to the bone. I got up at 5:30 am to arrive at 7:30 am. I endured logging "events" for everything short going pee, countless meetings about meetings and barley finishing inhaling half salad at my desk for lunch as I managed 100 calls from people calling in thier availibility ONLY to leave around 7 pm. This is because you could not do anything you needed to do during their oppressive and sacred PRIME TIME hours ( approx 8 am till 5 pm) After that you could catch up on your 100 voicemails and emails. All of this stress could even slightly be bearable if you had a management that wasn't overbearing, rude and completley unforgiving. Speaking of that they have no tolerance for mistakes (even when they say they do) and will not blink about writing about your incompetence in the dreaded (SAR)--aka your monthly review,combined with a your weekly if not daily performance review. I was so micromanaged and made so many damn events I ended up logging computer "events" in my mind as I tried to fall asleep at night. I sacrificed my family, friends and health for this trashcan of a job with almost a 100 percent turnover. They are nothing short of slave drivers with a bizzare even cultish management philosophy. Bottom line: RUN dont walk away!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

omni in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Kate Vento in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Absolutely horrible. A joke. They tried to bring me into their "Salried Professional Team" which is code for cheap labor and the company can not hire me full time. I don't even know where to start. They could not find me a job, screwed me around, send me to Accountemps and still sent me on silly once a month jobs and as a filer. I am an Accountant, have been a Controller, Senior Accountant, and Accounting Manager. What a joke. I am now a recruiter for their competition and love it.

It's amazing how many negative opinions there are of this company. I just finished writing a post on another subject where a person was dissatisfied with RHI - the interview itself seemed to me like a scam ( a runaround). I'm tired of people in that company and others like it behaving the way you and others described. I know that no company is perfect, but there are some that come close - at the very least in being upfront, responsible, courteous to fellow co-workers and others. I have never worked for this company and don't plan to. I guess those that wanted to and didn't, or those that had and left for whatever reason made out much better across the board. RHI's loss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.