All Placement Agencies Are a JOKE!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (50)

Recruiter in Boise, Idaho

90 months ago

Synthia said: They have plenty of people on their books, they place ads like they have jobs galore and they are putting out to recruit more people just so you never get a call because they planned on placing some internal candidate in the position anyways.
Face it, I don't know why they are listing all these jobs. With the economy, there are none to post.
Placement agencies at this time are a WASTE OF TIME. You sit for 3 hours testing, blowing it out of the water for them to given the job to someone already on their payroll.
I wish they would back off and stick with what they have instead of raising hopes for people who will waste 3 hrs and never hear from them.

Perhaps your resume sucks with no stability and you probably tested poorly. Recruiters can only place the very best candidates. You are probably not fee eligible. Would a firm spend 10K on you? Probably not. So don't blame the recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (110) Reply - Report abuse

CF from Akron Ohio

90 months ago

Accountemps and RH must not be getting responses to their phony ads around here. I had a resume posted on Monster and they call me constantly! Thanks to all of your negative comments I know not to give them the time of day. One woman from Accountemps had the audacity to call me and say she had a one day......yes! 1 day assignment that she felt could really benefit my career. HELLO!!???? I have a full time job!!!! Did she honestly think I would jump on a one day assignment to further my career????????? COMPLETE IDIOTS!!! Stay away from them!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Phoenix, Arizona

89 months ago

To Recruiter in Boise:

Do you think you are the best in your field? That's not very professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

20 year headhunter in Las Cruces, New Mexico

89 months ago

Steve in Phoenix, Arizona said: To Recruiter in Boise:

Do you think you are the best in your field? That's not very professional.

It's reality.

Recruiters place the best people they can come up with, or they place nobody. That's how they're paid. No other way.

There's a shortage of good candidates,companies want the best and can't find them on their own. That's the ONLY reason a company pays a recruiter.

Candidates don't pay recruiters, and they wouldn't get more jobs if they could.

Got the concept? If you're out of work it may be an injustice, or it may be that you're not much good. If you're working it may be because you're good, or it may be an injustice. There's a logic to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (62) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

20 year headhunter in Las Cruces, New Mexico said: It's reality.

Recruiters place the best people they can come up with, or they place nobody. That's how they're paid. No other way.

There's a shortage of good candidates,companies want the best and can't find them on their own. That's the ONLY reason a company pays a recruiter.

Got the concept? If you're out of work it may be an injustice, or it may be that you're not much good. If you're working it may be because you're good, or it may be an injustice. There's a logic to it.

I've got to say, when it comes to concepts you are obviously the consummate expert. Thank you friend. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn in Madison, Wisconsin

88 months ago

It is not just recruiting firms...

Many companies now place phony employment ads on websites and in newspapers. The reason is two fold. Get their name out there as much as possible, and secondly to give competitors the impression that business is booming.

My husband was recenlty laid off from a hi-tech company. He was fortunate enough to receive services from an outplacement service who warned him of this latest practice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

David in Bruceville, Texas

88 months ago

Do not go to JOAT in Waco, TX because they did not help me find a job. I feel that Waco,TX had the worse temp Placement Agencies in the World. And Express Personnel Service will not even return any of my calls for a job and I really do need a job but I cannot get any response from their company. I feel that Mike Elliott and Express Personnel Service has not spent the time to help me look for a job. And I was screw by a bank in Waco, TX month ago on a Network Admin job at Synergy Bank in Waco, TX. And they cancel a interview with me and with a phone message to my mother tell me that they hired their person for the job and I was screw out of that job again. Thank you Waco,TX for nothing again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

eb in Dekalb, Illinois

88 months ago

I know that this job isn't available - the deadline to apply was last week and they have already selected candidates to interview for the position. The original job posting was directly from the employer and instructed candidates to complete an extensive online application. I know this because I am interviewing for the position this week. Don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Previous Recruiter in Bothell, Washington

88 months ago

Recruiter in Boise, Idaho said: Perhaps your resume blah, blah, blah..."

Typical salesman! I just gave up my temp agency recruiting job, strictly because of ethics. It's all about numbers and money. I can't begin to tell you how many people came into our office that were qualified, but never placed. But, it looked good on the end of the week scorecard having a new name on the list! Agencies need to stop wasting people's time. The girls I worked with would never qualify for a professional, office job. They came from retail and they need to go back, b/c they do not possess the skills to manage/coach people. I came from a HR Department and was digusted the first week at the agency after witnessing the operations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Previous Recruiter in Bothell, Washington

88 months ago

It is the companies that had high turnovers that used our agencies. Great, stable companies have internal recruiters and don't have a need for your type of service. I'm waiting for the time when these agencies become distinct. What a joke. If our numbers were down, our manager was screaming at us to get on the phones to recruit people for positions that nobody wanted. She didn't care, as long as we got bodies there and the client wouldn't dump our agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dolly Austin in Winston Salem, North Carolina

88 months ago

Yes..I agree with the concept of most on this page that temp services are a waste of your time...I was registered with one that after I had completed an assignment they did not have anything else for us to go to...but upon going to a job fair a couple of days later...lo and behold they were there recruiting people??? When I got in line and came up to the rep which I knew I got a veryyyyyyy red faced person looking back at me!! Go figure!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dolly Austin in Winston Salem, North Carolina

88 months ago

Right on...I agree with you totally on this..temp agency's could care less!!! A long time ago they were different, they could come out to the job in person to see if everything was going well and was anything needed..brought your checks out to you on Fridays..sent cards of appreciation for good work!!! Those days are longggggggg
gone!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Tech Chick in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

Carolyn in Madison, Wisconsin said: It is not just recruiting firms...

Many companies now place phony employment ads on websites and in newspapers. The reason is two fold. Get their name out there as much as possible, and secondly to give competitors the impression that business is booming.

My husband was recenlty laid off from a hi-tech company. He was fortunate enough to receive services from an outplacement service who warned him of this latest practice.

OR...they're trying to get a green card for an H1-B worker. Americans need not apply.
Video expose by Programmer's Guild www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

interviewing in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

How do you turn around an interview where all the recruiter seems interested in WHY you left your previous jobs and trying to dig up any dirt on relations with former employers? People are all different; just because you had one bad experience with a former boss doesn't mean EVERY job situation will be identical.

They want all the dirt on the job candidate; what about the DIRT on them???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Xiomara in Orlando, Florida

85 months ago

A message to all you Job Agencies and so called "recruiters"

You're probably a job agency or "recuiter" that gets paid for every resume you recieve to just waste the time of others!

A MESSAGE TO ALL APPLICANTS!!!
Do not waste your time with any job agencies. It's a joke! They tell you they have all these jobs which they do not! To me that's FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! They are the ones that place ads for the same position about a hundred times a day. There is no need to do that. What the crap are they doing with all the resumes of the "walk-ins" they receive and the ones they've collected months ago? Actually I'll tell you.........they are either selling the applicants personal information to telemarketers or other companies, they are getting paid for every resume they receive, or they are using them to get ideas to fill out their own resume!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Wrong in Federal Way, Washington

85 months ago

Lol, ignorance is bliss as they say. First off...when you are using a service, you get what you pay for. When you "show up" with sweat pants and your talking on your cell phone don't be surprised when they don't call you. I used to love it when I would recruit someone and their resume was full of half truths. So, you want to avoid services and recruiters altogether good or you. But, you should know...there is a major difference between a "staffing consultant" and a recruiter. You sould ask when approached by one. I real recruiter can change your life, a staffing consultant will put you to work.

And to answer your other point, who would pay someone to collect garbage resumes for "information". Lol, you watch to much CSI. Recruiters get paid for placing people. You probobly bombed the interview and judging by your reaction...they probably were to afraid to tell you. I would have just told you that "you will not representing me, good day"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Marianne in Littleton, Colorado

82 months ago

Carolyn in Madison, Wisconsin said: It is not just recruiting firms...

I think you are right! AIMCO is constantly advertising for an 'Executive Secretary.' Either they have high turnover (a new one each day!) or something fishy is going on there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marianne in Littleton, Colorado

82 months ago

Wrong in Federal Way, Washington said: Lol, ignorance is bliss as they say. First off...when you are using a service, you get what you pay for. When you "show up" with sweat pants and your talking on your cell phone don't be surprised when they don't call you. I used to love it when I would recruit someone and their resume was full of half truths. So, you want to avoid services and recruiters altogether good or you. But, you should know...there is a major difference between a "staffing consultant" and a recruiter. You sould ask when approached by one. I real recruiter can change your life, a staffing consultant will put you to work.

And to answer your other point, who would pay someone to collect garbage resumes for "information". Lol, you watch to much CSI. Recruiters get paid for placing people. You probobly bombed the interview and judging by your reaction...they probably were to afraid to tell you. I would have just told you that "you will not representing me, good day"

As far as "collecting resumes" this is a great source for employment agencies to find out what job titles are at which companies, how much they pay, and if the person soon leaves, guess what, they can try to fill it! There's LOTS of reasons (it's called SPYING) to collect resumes!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Rowley in McCall, Idaho

81 months ago

To Recruiter in Boise,

Are there any good recruiters in Boise for the hi-tech industry?

Steve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

petlover in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Pepsi Coke in Hickory, North Carolina said: What a joke when they ask for multi-tasking

Do they give you both a Pepsi and a Coke to drink from?

Are they looking for people who can brush their teeth and listen to the weather forecast while planning their weekend?

RIGHT ON!!! They want everything, even a dependable car.Who's got a dependable car, they all break at one time or another. I laugh at multi-tasking, that is why nothing gets done in the work place. Think about it,... do you find yourself at home doing different things getting interupted and after the day is done you got nothing done. They have made the work place into a non productive nightmare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

petlover in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

Xiomara in Orlando, Florida said: A message to all you Job Agencies and so called "recruiters"

You're probably a job agency or "recuiter" that gets paid for every resume you recieve to just waste the time of others!

A MESSAGE TO ALL APPLICANTS!!!
Do not waste your time with any job agencies. It's a joke! They tell you they have all these jobs which they do not! To me that's FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! They are the ones that place ads for the same position about a hundred times a day. There is no need to do that. What the crap are they doing with all the resumes of the "walk-ins" they receive and the ones they've collected months ago? Actually I'll tell you.........they are either selling the applicants personal information to telemarketers or other companies, they are getting paid for every resume they receive, or they are using them to get ideas to fill out their own resume!

You have made an excellent point. I think they are doing just that. I had adjilon call me once just to see if I knew someone who would use there agency, not that she had job for me. Duh! They are so rude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

81 months ago

Job seekers really need to SLAM the job boards (e-mail them) with complaints about RHI, Office Team, and the other agencies and tell them to stop posting fake ads as it wastes our time and is fraudulent and deceptive. If they get enough complaints, will they change? Maybe not as it's money to them. But it does hurt their credibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Some Guy Man in New York, New York

75 months ago

Synthia in Warren, Michigan said: They have plenty of people on their books, they place ads like they have jobs galore and they are putting out to recruit more people just so you never get a call because they planned on placing some internal candidate in the position anyways.

Face it, I don't know why they are listing all these jobs. With the economy, there are none to post.

Placement agencies at this time are a WASTE OF TIME. You sit for 3 hours testing, blowing it out of the water for them to given the job to someone already on their payroll.

I wish they would back off and stick with what they have instead of raising hopes for people who will waste 3 hrs and never hear from them.

I agree man. Still making $14/hr @ Kforce temp positions. LOL 4 years after college. I'm a loser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

dsw in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

I have been to 5 agencies and they all suck! They post jobs or have found your resume on the internet, call you in, and test you for 3 hours (by the way I have no criminal backgroud and test great.) Then, the job you went in for that "they" had you come in for is still in limbo, (they are waiting to hear back from them.) I suppose they get salary plus some commision, I don't see how they make a living being liers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

dsw in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

Look, this is your job to lie about jobs. I have yet to meet a recruiter that had any sense. They all seem so stupid and air headed. I am an accountant which I feel has much more intelligence than you. All you are is a person that sits behind a desk gives some test on the computer and ask about 10 questions, how hard of a job is that to get paid to mislead people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lady Luna in Gardiner, Maine

67 months ago

Recruiter in Boise, Idaho said: Perhaps your resume sucks with no stability and you probably tested poorly. Recruiters can only place the very best candidates. You are probably not fee eligible. Would a firm spend 10K on you? Probably not. So don't blame the recruiters.

You are a typical, snotty, bottom-feeding twit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dsw in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

Lady Luna in Gardiner, Maine said: You are a typical, snotty, bottom-feeding twit.

And you are a typical yankie, the truth hurts doesn't it, you know as well as I do that you mislead people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I will take being an arrogant Yankee over being a stupid redneck. You don't even know how to spell Yankee...I rest my case. You must work for RHI as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Yorkville, Illinois

67 months ago

I am a recent college graduate who is looking for employment in accounting or pretty much any related field. All the jobs in the newspaper and job sites are listed through recruiters, such as Robert Half and others. I have tried several of them, but have had no luck. I can't have five years of SAP experience when I am just out of college. I have my master's degree in tax and am a humble person willing to start at entry level. I can't even find that with the recruiters. They just won't place me in a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

67 months ago

Were you aware that recruiters make up phony job listings? That's right. That is exactly what they do. So it only seems that recruiters have all the jobs. They don't. You can find a job on your own, probably faster than you could through a recruiter or placement agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

67 months ago

Recruiter in Boise, Idaho said: Perhaps your resume sucks with no stability and you probably tested poorly. Recruiters can only place the very best candidates. You are probably not fee eligible. Would a firm spend 10K on you? Probably not. So don't blame the recruiters.

Sorry but yes, recruiters do waste our time, especially when they post PHONY JOB LISTINGS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Bravo Lupe, beautifully spoken. You can see plain as day the RHI staff when they post, can't you? I have read the postings here in depth, and they are the only ones who so rabidly support the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

I too have been dealing with staffing agencies on and off for the last 25 years. Ten, fifteen, twenty, or even twenty-five years ago, you could just simply call up a staffing agency, make an appointment, go in and register, take all the tests, and they kept you on file no matter what.

Nowadays, they want to see your resume first, and they only call you if there's a suitable opening. They've literally become the human resources departments for these companies. The reason that they ask for resumes first is because they don't want to become bombarded with too many applicants, and they don't want to waste both their time and the applicant's time if "they're not a good fit".

You're right about one thing. They do post phony job ads! For example: last Friday (August 21), I dropped off a copy of my resume at Randstad in downtown Philadelphia, and for months, they have had the same job postings up on their front door. I inquired about one of them, but the girl there said that they were only hiring for licensed insurance agents. I have often asked them if these are actual job openings or is this just a way to generate applicants, and they have said both. I have even given a piece of my mind to some of them, and then they say that they can't use me anymore. I also remember seeing an ad for a customer service position at Careers USA. I went through the entire application and testing process, but then it turned out to be a telemarketing position; a job that I did not want. I gave them a piece of my mind and now they say that they can't use me anymore. Why not? Because I spoke my mind about this.

I've been out of work since early July, and I'm not going to waste my time dealing with any agencies that don't take my skills and experience. I'm better off going directly to the companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

And by the way, some staffing agencies are a bunch of liars.

For example: over ten years ago, I went to register with a staffing agency in downtown Philadelphia. I did an assignment with them four years earlier. Then all of a sudden, a few weeks later, they tell me that they can't use me anymore because I refused to accept the fact that the assignment was over and that I was escorted out of the buidling. That's a downright and boldface lie! That never ever ever happened! I was only there for one day because they didn't have enough work and I left the buidling on my own; without being escorted out.

They will also call you for jobs that you're not either qualified for or are in questionable areas. When I've gone into these staffing agencies, I tell them just exactly the type of work that I'm looking for and the locations where I want to work at. But no: they don't listen! One of them, Snelling, said that they could no longer use me. Well that's just fine and dandy! Because I have turned down jobs that were either too far out for me or I just didn't feel qualified for them.

Like I said earlier, I'm not wasting my time with any staffing agencies that don't take my skills. I'm going directly to the companies instead.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JohnJ in Oswego, Illinois

61 months ago

Good old RH. I tried to use them once, and that was it. I will never see the need for staffing companies. You are either qualified for a position with company or not. You really don't need someone else to figure this out for you. I never apply for a position that I am not qualified for. Once they decide for some reason that they don't like you, you miss out on so many job opportunities that could be perfect for you. Ten or fifteen years ago I could just look in the paper and if there was a job ad I knew it was probably legit. Afraid those days are gone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: I interviewed with a local legal headhunter. I figured she would be reputable because she was associated with a local bar association.

I don't think my interview went well, but she said she would forward my resume to her client law firm. She said she would call me late that afternoon or by the next afternoon. I sent her a thank-you letter as soon as I came home. I also called and gave her partner some information I didn't provide at the interview.

As Paul Harvey would have said, you can guess the rest of the story. No call. This headhunter advertised the same job a month later and advertised it again three months after that.

My wife was a law librarian for many years. She also had experience working in public libraries.

A headhunter called my wife. She said she had a bookeeping job open. My wife said she had no bookkeeping experience. The headhunter's reply: "You have worked with books, haven't you? You would be right for this job!"

Hello! And this headhunter was working and my wife couldn't find a job?!?

Is that headhunter an idiot or something? Doesn't she know the difference between a librarian and a bookkeeper? If your wife doesn't have any bookkeeping experience, why would a headhunter call her about a "bookkeeping" job. It has nothing to do with her previous experience as a librarian.

I also agree with some of the other posters here. Staffing agency recruiters are really salespeople. They have to maintain their quotas, even if it means lying or doing something that is illegal and unethical. Posting phony job ads. Calling somebody about a job that they don't qualify for. That's just rediculous. And it's illegal and unethical too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fed Up and Leaving in Scottsdale, Arizona

43 months ago

I am college educated and carry a Master's degree. I completed grad school with a 4.0. These are the jobs I have been offered from "reputable" employment agencies over the past two years since I finished school:

1. Sandwich board sign holder. Pay $8 an hour, length of employment, 1 day.
2. Unloading a truck, pay, $9 an hour, 1 day.
3. Telemarketing for minimum wage.
4. Telemarketing for minimum wage.
5. Telemarketing for minimum wage.

I have never once been offered a job worthy of my qualifications or education level from a so called "employment agency." Anyway, I leave soon to go teach English overseas. Not what I thought I'd be doing, but I'm contracted directly by the school for a year and the pay is actually pretty good considering the low cost of living.

The two biggest scams in America are college and employment agencies. End of story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Disgusted with Indeed in Castle Rock, Colorado

23 months ago

I know that I'm not going to get every job I apply for. It's not about my resume or my testing ability. The fact is that I am through wasting my time with "Indeed" and with cowardly, deceitful recruiters - networking and direct contact is a far better way to go...that's where 85% of the jobs really are. What I blame recruiters for is placing "Indeed" ads for phony jobs that don't exist...and they almost all lead to resume-scanning software anyway. I want to talk to a hiring manager, not a cowardly piece of software, which reflects the cowardice and deceit of the managers or recruiters who place them. "Indeed", you're fired!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

23 months ago

You can't blame Indeed for your problems. All Indeed does is harvest job listings from other boards.

Perhaps you should blame the people who post the listings in the first place, who are primarily recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

moonflower64 in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

20 months ago

There are some staffing agencies (ex:Staff Force or RHI/Office Team)that won't even hire you if you had a (ONE) DUI (a MISDEMEANOR back then)...17 years ago.....and that's for jobs that DON'T even involve DRIVING!!!!). WTF??? And some companies won't hire you back (agency or not)just because you worked for them before (does NOT even matter if you were a GREAT employee)....again....WTF???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sensible in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

16 months ago

I've been using recruiting agencies ever since I started working professionally and have had great results with some and awful results with others. The key is to recognize whether the agency you are applying with is professional and a leader in its field or a bottom of the barrel feeder. I start off usually with a phone call and ask if the agency has open positions in a certain area and make my salary requirements clear. I screen them over the phone to see if it's worth my time moving forward with them. If I like what I hear, I'll email my resume and go in for an interview if asked. I've found excellent paying jobs with some top-notch companies through staffing consultants. Apple One and Spherion are two agencies that I've had tremendous success with. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Yladvik in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

Sorry, Sensible, but your post sounds like you work for one of these staffing agencies are trying to promote them. Why waste your time doing this? Especially when it is so obvious what you are doing here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Yladvik in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

Most firms these days won't pay 10K to hire someone through a recruiter. You see, they can get literally hundreds of resumes on a daily basis, especially in business jobs. The staffing industry does so poorly because most companies will not pay placement fees anymore, unless they are looking for someone with very highly specialized and unique skills. Your garden variety middle manager, accountant, software engineer, secretary or desk clerk does not have these.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

StevenFerris007 in Jalandhar, India

14 months ago

May be the recruiter is right. But it is not always the same case. There are many recruiters and Jobs in IT field where new and freshers are preferred. So Career in IT is a good way in getting jobs for freshers. Although, i don't know that much about Recruitment and the particular situation of your locality.

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina

12 months ago

I need some advice. I went to the Robert Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers. I have been chosen by another company which I had applied to before RH interview. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also. How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something. Thanks for any help in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

MEME0000 You just tell RH that you received another offer. This shouldn't be a problem as long as the job you accepted & the RH job are not the same job. If it IS the same job, for the same company, then RH can tell that company that they have to "buy you out" from RH. THIS is where problems can begin.

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina

12 months ago

oh ok. They aren't the same job and RH have not offered me a job. They are still looking. I just don't know if I can cut all ties with RH or will I still have to follow not working with anyone else that RH is in contact with. I have never worked for RH so there have been no jobs they have set me up with or contacts that I have made through them. It was a mistake joining them and I don't want to know if I can ask for them to release me from the contract I had signed.

12 months ago

MEME0000,
If you really like the other job offer,take it. I'm not sure exactly how RH works,but since you haven't worked for them yet, I think you should be OK. Just tell them that you've accepted another job (that you found on your own-they might try to get nosy,some agencies are...so that they can increase their business prospects...you do not have to tell them); you've appreciated them looking for a job & if you get laid-off or something (god forbid)will return to them in the future. Don't feel bad...this is BUSINESS, not personal.You have to do what is in YOUR best interests. Good luck:)

annika102 in Spring, Texas

4 days ago

Wrong in Federal Way, Washington said: Lol, ignorance is bliss as they say. First off...when you are using a service, you get what you pay for. When you "show up" with sweat pants and your talking on your cell phone don't be surprised when they don't call you. I used to love it when I would recruit someone and their resume was full of half truths. So, you want to avoid services and recruiters altogether good or you. But, you should know...there is a major difference between a "staffing consultant " and a recruiter. You sould ask when approached by one. I real recruiter can change your life, a staffing consultant will put you to work.

LEARN TO SPELL...YOU ARE GIVING ME AN 'EYESORE'...GO BACK TO SELLING CLOTHES!

annika1021 in Spring, Texas

4 days ago

LEARN HOW TO SPELL...YOU ARE GIVING US AN 'EYESORE' WITH BAD SPELLING...GO BACK TO SELLING CLOTHES!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.