RH Waste of time - From RH Accounting Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 147)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Nel in Atlanta, Georgia

91 months ago

(CONT.) Let me just say also that I’m not just leaving some idiot message saying “please call to let me know if you have anything available”. It’s more like, “I saw that you have a job listed on your web site that I would be perfectly qualified for. The job order number is #####” and so forth. No one calls. This not a one time thing; this is over and over…and over… I'm tempted to guess how fast these terds would get on the phone with me were I to be a potential client with dollar signs floating around my kisser. In Miami I was treated like I actually meant something to these people. They made a point to tell me how appreciative they were. Now, in Atlanta, suddenly my past with the company has no significance whatsoever. I'm just another expendable, disposable nothing. Maybe I'm just being a bit unfair and this is how people generally treat each other in this town anyway. My experience with these people gets even worse, but I’ll go into that sometime later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Art Vandalay in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

RHI is a FOR PROFIT organization. An organization that prides itself on communication with its CLIENTS. Should recruiters be more upfront about expectations? Absolutely, and I won't disagree with that for a second. But when a qualified individual applies to 100 companies through HR and gets one or two calls, what do you call that? At least RHI has their ear to the ground for good opportunities for qualified individuals. And yet I hear not one person talk about how to be more effective in a job search, than through recruiters, just statements bashing RHI.

As a person who watches the job market on a daily basis, and knows what it takes to be a $500,000/yr producer, (the 60 hour weeks, constant communication with clients and candidates, marketing, pressure, stress), and understand how it is impossible to reach that level without outlining CLEAR and ETHICAL expectations to clients and candidates alike, it offends ME personally when you blanket statement ALL recruiters as nothing better than used car salesmen. If I had a dollar for every time my PERSONAL CELL PHONE rang after hours, I would have retired by now.

People who make blanket statements have an agenda, end of story. They are hypocrites, or angry, or are just flat out unhappy and want to bring others down with them. The truly honest, ethical and successful people suffer because YOU choose to stereotype a certain profession or company as worthless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nel in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Thank you, Displaced! Thank you!

Rd in Galloway, Ohio

90 months ago

RHI Accountemps (and Office Teams) business model consists of recruiting (sourcing for resumes online and testing/interviewing 20 candidates each week per business unit), placing candidates in positions and marketing with businesses for open positions.

At the end of the day, RHI's product is people. Ads that you see online or in the classifieds are generic positions that will bring in candidates.

If you have a skill set that is average or below, unless there is a total lack of candidates in your field, they will not be of much help.

Staffing Managers are paid a salary plus monthly and annual bonuses. Turnover is high because most staffing managers aren't able to sell. It is a sales position first and foremost.

Scott McGregor in Raleigh, North Carolina

90 months ago

Art Vandalayin Atlanta, Georgia said: Ive never heard inventory bitch so much.

You are a funny guy...and spot on in your assessment of some these posts. Call me if I can help you in RTP,NC. [Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Micky D in Stuart Florida in Palm City, Florida

90 months ago

So in summary, based on all the above posts and several other threads on this board, it looks like Robert Half does many more people wrong than right. Just the sheer number of negative posts versus positive speaks volumes. Once again, there are many other reputable firms out there that will actually get you results, instead of Robert Half. For me, I stopped being tempted by their phony job postings and just stopped submitting resumes to them. If there is a job out there, chances are another agency will have it too. Robert Half doesn't have the exclusive, so stop patronizing them. Perhaps others will too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole

90 months ago

I've had disappointing results with Robert Half too in my city(Memphis). My 'so-called' recruiter doesnt' return my phone calls or emails unless I send him a really irate one. He has not placed me on ONE assignment, but he keeps assuring me that he is looking and working hard to find me 'something'. I registered with RH in November 06 and they haven't found me anything.

You have to find your own job. You can't depend on any agency. Depending on the city they are usually understaffed and don't want to be bothered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

CC in Alexandria, Virginia

90 months ago

The Office Team in McLean, VA is completely useless as well, and is also using the bait-and-switch. That was a 2 hour waste of time I'll never get back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Art Vandalay in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

I love how I just got ripped by "displaced legal professional"

I think I will leave it at that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brent in Dallas, Texas

90 months ago

sigg in Kimmswick, Missouri said: Robert Half is also Office Team in St Louis. They have you waste 3 hours of your time interviewing and testing on software and give you a cheerleading session of how they are going to get you working ASAP. It turns out that they advertise jobs on the web to "phish" for candidates to add to their database and give you the run around on "their jobs". Don't waste your time. There are other temp agencies out there that do have assignments. Just don't waste your time with Robert Half, Office Team or Creative Group.

This was my experience with Robert Half too. They asked me to come in and start the application process as they had a position to which they were going to submit my resume. I went in, filled out the paperwork, interviewed with the recruiter and was told that the postion was no longer available.

This was in the Dallas office.

Mark in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

90 months ago

Has anyone worked for RHI? What kind of benefits/salaries are we talking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJ in Tampa, Florida

90 months ago

Average at Best. the nice part about selling is that you a lot of call ins from thier marketing. that is if you last long enough to enjoy it.

Resume Collectors- Bait and Switch in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

I think the RHI corporate employees are on this website POSTING BOGUS COMMENTS to help the PR disaster their company is encountering! We're on to you scam artist resume collectors!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The Creative Group - POSTING FAKE ADS in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

The Creative Group is the same company as RHI and Office Team. They ALL post BOGUS ADS. Yes, I'm sure they have some "real" ones but mostly are resume collectors so they can call the employers on your resume to find new clients.
Who knows of some GOOD AGENCIES in the Denver area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

Of course they have some jobs but the vast majority are FAKE.

RHI and Office Team SPAMMING job boards in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

The fact is these predatory companies are posting FAKE ADS on on line job boards like careerbuilder and monster WASTING people's time with their deception.

Does it matter to you that this is ILLEGAL?!

It is ILLEGAL to post FAKE ADS! in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

THIS IS ILLEGAL -- posting FAKE ads! If the ads are specific, which they often are, it is ILLEGAL. It's not a difficult concept!

YOU SAID: At the end of the day, RHI's product is people. Ads that you see online or in the classifieds are generic positions that will bring in candidates.

Recruiter in ATL in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

There are a lot of negative comments regarding recruiters and the industry posted on here. I no longer work for Half, but that is were I started my career. All recruiters are driven by commission incentive, however, it is really up to the recruiter you are dealing with to be honest, caring, and sympathetic. It doesn't matter what company they work for, be it Robert Half, Spherion, etc. I do care about my candidates and understand how tough it is to be unemployed and out of work. I never talk to them about a job if it doesn't exist, however, I do tell them that every day in this business is different. The candidate market is very tight. One day you could talk about a job and the next day the job is filled. It's just the way it is right now.
A lot of people called recruiters scum, slimey, etc. We are just trying to make a living as well. We are given very high number expectations to meet and are under extreme stress on a daily basis to a. perform up to expectation b. keep the candidate happy c. keep the client happy. We wear many hats. Sometimes I am a psychiatrist to my candidates. I have been there for some of them when family members have died, they have went through a divorce, a wedding, and more. My advice is try to find a recruiter you trust and feel comfortable with. There are good ones out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in ATL in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

To Displaced - I can only speak for myself, not other recruiters. As far as making a living out of deceit, we don't make a dime until the candidate is placed, so really if someone is calling you, getting your hopes up, and then doing nothing with your resume, then the recruiter isn't making any money at all off of your misfortune.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Intentional Interference per law in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Recruiter in ATL in Austin, Texas said: There are a lot of negative comments regarding recruiters and the industry posted on here. I no longer work for Half, but that is were I started my career. All recruiters are driven by commission incentive, however, it is really up to the recruiter you are dealing with to be honest, caring, and sympathetic. It doesn't matter what company they work for, be it Robert Half, Spherion, etc. I do care about my candidates and understand how tough it is to be unemployed and out of work. I never talk to them about a job if it doesn't exist, however, I do tell them that every day in this business is different. The candidate market is very tight. One day you could talk about a job and the next day the job is filled. It's just the way it is right now.
A lot of people called recruiters scum, slimey, etc. We are just trying to make a living as well. We are given very high number expectations to meet and are under extreme stress on a daily basis to a. perform up to expectation b. keep the candidate happy c. keep the client happy. We wear many hats. Sometimes I am a psychiatrist to my candidates. I have been there for some of them when family members have died, they have went through a divorce, a wedding, and more. My advice is try to find a recruiter you trust and feel comfortable with. There are good ones out there!

YOU ARE ONE OF THE RARE ONES! WHAT HAPPENED TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE RECRUITING BUSINESS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Bartram in Everett, Washington

89 months ago

Hi Mecki,

I've been looking for you on the internet! Glad to have seen you on the internet. I've found that Robert Half in Bellevue seems to be fine, though with my tech skills having atrophied, I'm working hard to brush up.

-Jim

Mecki from PHX in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Wow,
I am shocked by all the negative feedback about Robert Half. My experience has been very good (I have worked with them for 4 years now) and at times when they did not have a suitable project available, I have found another one to cover the gap. The negative energy in this forum is impressive and in some cases I cannot understand why someone would wait 6 months for an agency to find a job for them? "Waiting" does not show much initiative, does it? So, if you are past the venting stage, why don't we use the comments here to make suggestions about agencies that DO work?? So far, I have seen Techsystems and another one that I will check out, as I am moving from PHX to Chicago next month. Another suggestion is to get your resumes written by a professional. That has made a big difference for me. Good luck and a most successful 2007!

IT IS ILLEGAL in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Come on, now. Who are you trying to kid? Jobs aren't filled that quickly, especially for professional positions.

You are so right!!! It's FRAUD. FALSE ADVERTISING. IT'S ILLEGAL!

CJ in Saint Paul, Minnesota

89 months ago

ok it is false advertising, and maybe fraud, however i would be intersted to know how it is illegal. you may not like it. it is not ethical. but i am wonder which exact law it breaks.

Victoria in Westport, Connecticut

89 months ago

Wow, I was never tested. I signed up on their website in their offices, had an interview. Signed some paper work and that was it. They didn't provide me with a copy of what I signed, I had to ask for it. Of course I read the whole thing before signing, everyone should always do that! It's been a few months. I've had one interview, almost got the job. Was told of a temp job, but never heard back about it.

The people in the office I am working with are very nice but you need to keep on top of them. Also, it says in the contract that they do not own you. You can get a job outside of them. Look for a job by yourself too, don't wait for anyone to get you a job.

Ann Sackett CO in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

papamiller in Hilton, New York said: I don't understand, the Robert Half company has to place people in jobs in order to get paid. Just bringing people in the front door and have then fill out an employment application does nothing for the company in terms of making money for the company. Sure, it may look good for the recruiter, but how long could that go on for with out placing folks?

They do place a FEW PEOPLE. It doesn't take a lot of placements to earn BIG MONEY as they are raping the client! The majority of people who send RHI and Office Team their resume won't even get a job or will get the scraps. They pretend they have a lot of jobs -- they do not! APPLY DIRECT! SKIP USING THESE SLEAZY AGENCIES LIKE Robert Half Intl. and Office Team

Recruiter in ATL in Hampton, Georgia

89 months ago

Get your facts straight. 80% of people in the job market get their positions through agencies or referrals, not through applying direct. Having personally worked for Robert Half in the past, you do not earn big money from a few placements. If you are placing candidates on a direct hire basis, you are generally on a draw commission, which means if you don't make a placement as soon as you start, you go negative. As soon as you do make a commission, it goes towards your negative draw and whatever you make after that is your commission. Not to mention, if you only make a "few" placements, you are underperforming and likely to get fired for lack of productivity. Before you bash recruiters or an organization, try working for one first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nik

88 months ago

I see I am not the only one highly disappointed with Robert Half. I live in Memphis, TN and my recruiter at Robert Half has done NOTHING for me. He won't return phone calls or emails unless I get tough with him. And then he gives me the same lame excuses!!!

I eventually HAD to take a temp position and then he finally calls me with a full time position, but when he found out I had already been assigned by Accountemps...I haven't heard from him since.

I have asked my recruiter many times, "if you can't place me, let me know. I'll move on". He always says, "No, no, I'm still looking. I just don't have anything yet." I am convinced that he is NOT looking nor does he care!!!

The bottom line is...you cannot trust these recruiters to find a job for you. It's your responsibilty. You can't let them lull you into a false sense of security b/c they will leave you hanging!!!

Recruiters do NOT work for job seekers! in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Nik said: I see I am not the only one highly disappointed with Robert Half. I live in Memphis, TN and my recruiter at Robert Half has done NOTHING for me. He won't return phone calls or emails unless I get tough with him. And then he gives me the same lame excuses!!!

I eventually HAD to take a temp position and then he finally calls me with a full time position, but when he found out I had already been assigned by Accountemps...I haven't heard from him since.

I have asked my recruiter many times, "if you can't place me, let me know. I'll move on". He always says, "No, no, I'm still looking. I just don't have anything yet." I am convinced that he is NOT looking nor does he care!!!

The bottom line is...you cannot trust these recruiters to find a job for you. It's your responsibilty. You can't let them lull you into a false sense of security b/c they will leave you hanging!!!

THE RECRUITERS DO NOT WORK FOR YOU!

WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT?

THEY WORK FOR THEIR CLIENTS!!!
If you want a recruiter to work for YOU, you have to pay them!

They are filling job orders!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Recruiter in ATL in Hampton, Georgia said: Get your facts straight. 80% of people in the job market get their positions through agencies or referrals, not through applying direct. Having personally worked for Robert Half in the past, you do not earn big money from a few placements. If you are placing candidates on a direct hire basis, you are generally on a draw commission, which means if you don't make a placement as soon as you start, you go negative. As soon as you do make a commission, it goes towards your negative draw and whatever you make after that is your commission. Not to mention, if you only make a "few" placements, you are underperforming and likely to get fired for lack of productivity. Before you bash recruiters or an organization, try working for one first.

Your facts are VERY incorrect!

Job seekers get jobs mainly THROUGH REFERRALS you idiot. Like 90% of job seekers get a job through someone THEY KNOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Denver in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: I would say that ninety percent is high. Except for two, brief part-time jobs that people got me years ago, every job I've gotten has been through direct application.

Well that's good that you are getting results thru direct application! :) How long have you been looking now for a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Littleton, Colorado

88 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: Longer than a year. Why? I've heard from several employers after I applied to them directly.

Longer than a year is a long time to be out of a job and looks bad on a resume unless you can smartly account for the time. I noticed you call yourself "Displaced Legal Professional" as if that is who you are. If you think that of yourself, maybe you are sabotaging your own efforts? Maybe thinking of yourself as "Almost have that great new legal job" would help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: I should attempt an explanation about why there are few paralegal openings. As with lawyers, paralegals have specialities. No openings in a person's specialty(ies) limits one's opportunities. And, again, make no mistake about it, there is a lot of competition for the few jobs available.

Further, back in the day, HR was astute. It looked for ways to qualify candidates who might be weak in some areas but were strong in other areas. You would be brought in and given a chance to bolster your weak areas. Now, HR uses weak areas as excuses to exclude such candidates from consideration. Finally, most lawfirms don't like to "train" people. They want you to come in ready to work.

So what is your plan then to get a job? Can you "transfer" your skills to something else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sue Littleton in Littleton, Colorado

87 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: Sue in Littleton, Colorado: "So what is your plan then to get a job?"

Why are you so curious?

"Can you 'transfer' your skills to something else?"

I do. But, I've been there, done that. For example, I have good writing skills which I've developed in three vocations over thirty-five years. I have written radio news. I have written aviation technical materials. I have written legal materials. I have tried to pitch myself as a technical writer. I heard from one company, but because it was unwilling to show me its desktop publishing software it did not pursue my candidacy. I have nearly fourteen years of computer experience on multiple platforms, so I could have learned that software. Another example of a company using a weak area to exclude me from consideration.

I've applied to scores of jobs where I would have transferable skills. E.g., title work. No interest. Once again, even if one has or appears to have potential, companies aren't interested in training or bringing you up to speed. They want experience in their business.

It's probably your RESUME. If it looks "unfocused," no one will know what it is you DO. Or, you should have SEVERAL VERSIONS of your resume depending on the specific type of job you're applying to. Why so defensive? (why are you so curious?) I thought this was a discussion board. Isn't that what we're doing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ex Indy Supervisor in Indianapolis, Indiana

87 months ago

Don't deal with these people. I met with them 2 weeks ago for a position in Indianapolis. First, they want you to fill out an applicaton and all kinds of tax paperwork. Unless you're ready to be interviewing and accepting a position, there's absolutely NO reason why they need this at this point and time. My recruiter was 30 minutes late in meeting with me(I was just about to leave) and during our discussion, he left the room twice, once to handle a phone call after being interrupted by his "assistant".

Completely unprofessional. Deal with them only if it's a last resort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

NorCal in Rohnert Park, California

87 months ago

OK, So, here's the thing. You are probably all wondering what the hell is wrong with me or you may feel a little depressed about your recent encounter with the recruiting agent from either Office Team, Accountemps or some other ridiculous branch of Robert Half International. Well, you shouldn't be, as some of you already mentioned they work on quotas and they have to meet them it's as simple as that. They don't care where you came from, or how you got to that office of theirs. And yes, they do make commission off of you, it's more or less a sales event they have on daily basis. And believe me, YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK THERE. And, yes their jobs, at least most of them are fake. They don't exist. Well isn't this illegal? No, they have a way to get around it. Believe me, and although this may seem quite sad, Un-American and disgusting, their operation is flawless and leaves the applicants with nothing else to do, but complain on a free Forum. It's just sad. Believe me something better is waiting for you! Peace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Former Headhunter in NorCal in Brentwood, California

87 months ago

Intentional Interference per law in Denver, Colorado said: YOU ARE ONE OF THE RARE ONES! WHAT HAPPENED TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE RECRUITING BUSINESS?

I got my start professionally in an entry-level recruiting job and have worked for several: Remedy, Wollborg-Michelson, AppleOne, United Staffing, Accountants Inc. - and more (but not RHI)! So you can see the turnover. At times we agreed to part ways because I wasn't making the "numbers"; most times, I moved on to another service because I too, cared a lot about the job-seekers I was working with and viewed my job as being somewhat "holistic" - you can't have one without the other-no quality candidates=no placement; no job orders to fill=no income. But it's true that when all is said and done, it's all about the $. That's why I left the industry all together. So there are some recruiters out there and individual offices that may be wonderful to work with; there may be individuals in an office that is otherwise AWFUL, that are wonderful to work with, or they're all cut from the same fabric and just TERRIBLE. It's really hit or miss. Take the information on this blog and keep it in mind. There are employers who ONLY WORK WITH RECRUITERS and you won't otherwise have the oppty.; there are employers that receive so many resumes/applications and if a recruiter has a great relationship with them, your resume is at the top of the pile. So go forth, be aware, don't put all your eggs in one basket, don't have high expectations of the service or services you're working with but keep one or two as one of many sources of your job-seeking experience (provided there's not a huge investment of your time - I hate to see people with MBA's and five years of profl' experience sit there taking a Word test!), and above all, best of luck to you all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Littleton in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

I can see why you are having a hard time finding a job. You seem to actually enjoy your status as a "displaced legal..." You don't actually seem to want help; you just want to complain.

Your questions seem a bit probing.

In any event, yes, I know about creating multiple resume versions. I do have multiple resumes created for different types of jobs. So, so much for unfocused resumes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Beatrice in Littleton, Colorado

87 months ago

Then keep complaining, I guess! Maybe it will get you a job! hee-heee...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Then keep complaining, I guess! Maybe it will get you a job! hee-heee...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Littleton in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: That certainly was helpful, if help has been your intent. Come to think of it, I never asked for "help" in the first place.

Why did you use two screennames?

So this board is to just complain??? That's pretty darn unproductive don't ya think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

FYI in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

"Sue" and "Displaced," please take it somewhere else.

The discussion is about RH. With that in mind, they
do indeed have valid positions open. And those
positions are very competitive.

I'm not consulting now, but used to consult all over
the country. Some of the better ones out there were
CDI and similar. RH, unfortunately, does not rate
high on the list with me.

I took the time that they asked to go into their
offices and sign-up. Then I drove to the client
site as instructed and arrived exactly on time.
The problem was RH gave me the WRONG address.

Once I discovered the correct address, I was not
interested in the position. RH apologized. But
I still wonder now and then if they didn't want
me to know the correct address, because I would
have turned it down once I found out.

Anyway, they do have jobs. Like most organizations
such as RH, they really work for the client. So they
normally only send out people who are a "tight fit."
And once you start working on-site, you also are
really just working for the client. Because the
end-client is paying all of the bills, and they
rightfully have the final word.

My best advice is never wait for RH or any such
organization. When you're hunting for a new
contract, the onus is upon you. Don't stop looking
for a mutual fit, because the best opportunities
seem to occur when there is more than one offer
to consider.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Laurie in Wisconsin in La Crosse, Wisconsin

86 months ago

I agree with the above post. As I mentioned way earlier in this post, I used RH services as the "employer" and they were great. Excellent candidates, quickly. However, since I posted about that I have been looking for a new job and interviewed with RHI, Aerotek, Manpower, ABR, Olsten, Express, and some other private upscale recruiters in our area. I started this process in April and have had similar experiences with most of the organizations. They are sales driven, often the jobs that are posted are filled, wanting a ton of your contacts, their follow up is almost non-existent (one interview), but they are all sunshine when you interview. Very, very, positive.

During this same time period I have had been down to the final 3 candidates for three positions that I've directly applied to. Several of positions I learned about from the recruiters, where I was told I was presented, and then when I applied directly I got the interview. (I am trying to go from being a manager to executive administration, and it is proving to be challenging to "move down the ladder" so to say. All the employers are concerned about my longevity, that I'm taking a paycut, and that I'll get bored.) However, more to the point. You have to work all the angles. Use the recruiters to find out what's out there. Don't believe that they have presented you. They probably won't if it is not a good fit. I think RH and much of the industry is very competitive and will pick the low hanging fruit. They don't have time to worry about applicant's feelings. They need their next lead for a job opening, and often they glean that information from your interview. I can't imagine that recruiters feel that good about themselves when they go to bed at night if they have to "stetch the truth" everyday just to do their jobs.

Joe Bean in Black River Falls, Wisconsin

86 months ago

I have worked with the Madison Robert Half and Accounttemps. I was sadly dissapopinted, they did absolutely nothing for me. One position they put me in was a joke, after a week the accounting manager at the client's business talked to me and started crying and said she almost quit the night before due to the company's struggle. I told that to Robert Half and was basically chewed out and threatened to not submit me to future clients FOR SOMETHING I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH.

They have no follow up, didn't know what was going on with their client, and really didn't impress me much. They didnt' really match me up with a good fit, and really push for referals. They are all about the commission, they don't really care about you.

Once_Wasted Twice_Shy in California

86 months ago

Recruiter in ATL in Austin, Texas said:
A lot of people called recruiters scum, slimey, etc. We are just trying to make a living as well.

So are prostitues, that does not make them ethical.

Howard in Brooklyn, New York

86 months ago

After reading many of these negative comments on here before meeting with a RH recruiter, I wasn’t as disappointed when I met with them. The recruiter sounded all up beat when she called me initially and telling me "we have many great full time permanent positions that match my qualifications" so I went to meet with them for 40 minutes and was then told they need to do search on their database that matches my qualifications. Now, after a follow up email, they had nothing permanent, only temp work. Great job RH!

WAAAAAAAAAA in Northbrook, Illinois

86 months ago

Let me preface by saying that I do not work for Robert half or any staffing/recruiting company. I stumbled onto this "discussion board" while doing some research for my job (which I obtained through my own effort). I've never seen such a pathetic display of sweeping generalizations.

For you job seekers: Last time I checked, Robert Half (and other placement firms for that matter) offer you a free service. In other words they owe you nothing. In fact, the majority of you complaining all over these boards probably owe the recruiters something because you wasted their time by calling them repeatedly wondering why they weren't finding you a job or sending resumes for jobs you weren't qualified for.

For you so called hiring mamagers: I'm sure everyone at your company is top notch, right? No bad apples? And I'm sure throughout your professional life you've been infallible, never a bad hire, right?

Anyway, of the 451 total posts across these boards there are probably no more than 75 unique complaining users. Assuming they are talking about unique individuals at Robert Half, who may or may not work there any more, you are talking about less than .33% of an organization.

My advice is to stop wasting your time libeling an organization of over 13,000 employees and disparaging their profession and focus on your own life and/or job search. You'll probably be happier for it. Anyway, thanks for all the laughs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

WAAAAAAAAAA in Northbrook, Illinois

86 months ago

Displaced:

I'm really sorry you're having so much difficulty finding work, but you and others like you should really stop taking it out on recruiters. After this I won't come back, but I felt compelled to respond to your post.

Regarding the headhunter that tried to charge you - my feeling is they all should if you quit or are fired. Talk about a monumental waste of time for the recruiter and the client. But that is neither here nor there and it doesn't change the fact that most placement firms offer this as a free service, including RH.

You're time is no more precious than their time. In fact, since they are the ones currently holding a job, I would maintain their time is more valuable.

Regarding the "libel" allegations. Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. But here's the thing, libel is an actual word, that has actual meaning outside of legalese. (seriously, you should know this. Particulary since I see from above that you fancy yourself a wordsmith) And in this context I'm talking about the gross and sweeping generalizations all over these message boards that disparage the company (and as such all their employees) when it would be far more accurate to speak about their isloated incident. Well done on flexing your legal know how though.

Finally, out of the thousands of people that get jobs through this company each year ($4 Billion in revenue is a lot of jobs) I would hardly call the 75 or so of you here (especially the regulars like you) smoke.

See ya - good luck to those looking for viable input about RH and recruiting in general.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jaxflorida in Cranberry Lake, New York

86 months ago

Robert Half office in Jax is unprofessional, and do not work to place anyone. I have applied with both RH and OT; both recruiters are young, rude, disrespectful and DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS. If you are not immediately placed they totally ignore you! DO NOT USED THEM. I am on a VERY tight budget and I spent over $100 driving to their office with promises that I was not wasting my time. Boy was I stupid to believe them. Hey but my resume looks good in their database, guess that is all that matters to them. I have been trying to find the phone number of the corporate office so I could call and complain about the local office...but I don't think it would really do any good.

who dunnit in New York, New York

80 months ago

Surprised to see so much negativity on here...so many people think these companies owe them a job. If you don't have the qualifications to fill the jobs they have, they won't bother keeping in touch with you, same with all recruiters. Realize that these companies are essentially the outsourced HR wing of the clients they work for.

I recently started working with Robert Half, sent them my resume online and within 12hrs I had a call from the recruiter, within 24hrs already lined up an interview for a job right in line with my qualifications and experience (finance). So far I've been really impressed, but of course this is just the beginning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

Recruiter in ATL in Hampton, Georgia said: Get your facts straight. 80% of people in the job market get their positions through agencies or referrals, not through applying direct.

Your statistics are COMPLETELY WRONG. 80% of people get their jobs thru networking NOT agencies! A tiny fraction gets them thru your money-grubbing predatory "recruiting companies."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.