RH Waste of time - From RH Accounting Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 144 of 144)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

R_C in Kansas City, Missouri

72 months ago

Be VERY afraid if you go to work for the RHI "SPS" program. They have sent me into 3 higher level positions (than what I've ever worked) which is NOT what they told me they would be doing. I've learned alot--WITH LITTLE OR NO TRAINING, but, the positions I'm working in should pay around 58-62K a year in the KC area. HERE's THE DEAL:

You have to wait an ENTIRE YEAR to qualify for their "401K". (That validates a high attrition rate, nothing more, nothing less.)

Anyway...They are paying me 40K with a simple benny package. THEY ARE BILLING IN EXCESS OF NINETY THOUSAND A YEAR FOR MY TIME.

I did not agree to work in the positions I've been sent into for 40K (Controller, Financial Analyst II etc). But, they send you into positions where they can bill a high rate, and pay you as little as possible. The markup on my work is 225% which is BEYOND greedy.

If you ask for more money, they say you have to wait for your review--IN A YEAR. Then you'll get screwed, and, they'll just move on to their next victims.

I asked for "nothing North of the river" IN WRITING(since I live in South KC)-- and all 3 of my assignments have been NORTH OF THE RIVER! When I asked my "agent" about that, he simply sales pitched me with "Oh, thats's WELL within the parameters of our agreement" even though in black n white I show differently.

UNDERSTAND THIS IF NOTHING ELSE...THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING REGARDING YOUR CAREER.

SIMPLY PUT, THEY ARE NOTHING BUT COMMISSIONED SALES PEOPLE. PERIOD. THEY MAKE A LIVING OFF BILLABLE HOURS.
FIND A JOB ON YOUR OWN, ELIMINATE RHI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laurita in Florence, Italy

72 months ago

Hi!
I was curious to have more information about the job as recruiter itself at Robert Half (maybe the HR recruiter from Cleveland can help me here!).
I would like to know more about the interview questions and salary for a recruiter with not much experience.
Especially not in finance and accounting!
It would be for their office in Zurich actually, so I reckon there will be certainly differences, but overall, just to have an idea, it would be great to have more info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laurita in Florence, Italy

72 months ago

Hi!
I was curious to have more information about the job as recruiter itself at Robert Half (maybe the HR recruiter from Cleveland can help me here!).
I would like to know more about the interview questions and salary for a recruiter with not much experience.
Especially not in finance and accounting!
It would be for their office in Zurich actually, so I reckon there will be certainly differences, but overall, just to have an idea, it would be great to have more info!

Chris in Lexington, North Carolina

72 months ago

Same story in NC. I am convinced something fishy is going on. No return phone calls or replies to emails. Some much for the job I was told I was a perfect fit for. These people are a joke. If you need to work, go to the employers themselves. DO NOT waste your time with Office Team/RH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

You'll see my post above ... I just recently rec'd a letter from RHI stating that they will "SUE" me if I divulge any of their "trade secrets". Trade secrets ??? LOL.
Guess they feel the heat coming down on their shoehorn techniques and, on one contract they had me working in violation of my contract, yet, they are threatening to sue me!

Don't get involved with these commissioned greed-mongers. They'd ruin your career and never look back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous Halfer in US

71 months ago

See here for my post as an RHI employee:
www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Robert-Half/05390c183c137e1f707e44

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kuttapy in No Where

70 months ago

Robert half is the Worst company. They flood job search websites with potential jobs only to always say that the job is filled or give some other excuses as to why they can't send my resume over to them. For over a year, i've called 3 ppl from 3 different locations and nothing. One time, i called this lady, then called 2 weeks later only to have her tell me. "you should have called me a week ago, i had a position tat was perfect for u" I shouldn't have to call on the a weekly basics. Other headhunters have called me after calling them 6 months prior. I've called them for over a year looking for a job. It was a true waste of my time and money doing so. Please don't waste ur time looking for jobs through them even though the flood almost every job search site. Just try ur best to avoid them. If you don't, u risk a waste of time and money calling them or traveling to their offices for interviews.

FBS -Full of....

70 months ago

RH company are crooks and need to be shutdown. One of the worst companies in North America. Sue you...that's a big friggin joke !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kuttapy in No Where

70 months ago

See if they sue you, they can get more $$ to operate and spam more people.

70 months ago

Do not even attempt to get involved with these people ... they are the worst sales-pitching scam artists you could ever imagine... they want to send you into an assignment, pay you as little as possible and then bill as high as possible. Guess who all the pressure falls on? Involvement with these commission pitch-artists could ruin your career.

Do NOT get involved with Robert Half...EVER !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I recently spoke with the Kansas City BRANCH MANAGER (Molly Gardner) to see if I could get copies of the "Client Appraisal Form" that was supposed to be sent out upon completion of my assignments while working in their SPS program. She stated "Well, we don't really have a form to send out". When I let her know that I was holding the form in my hand (from my contract package), she then stated "Oh, that's right we DO have a form".
(Remember, she's the KC Branch Manager!)

I then asked her how I was supposed to receive a fair annual review (while working in their "SPS" program) that was coming up in a few months and she stated (you'll LOVE THIS!):

"Well, we jot down notes and stuff".

The Branch Manager tries to tell me a review form doesn't exist, and then when she's caught in that sales-pitch (pure lie), tells me "We jot down notes and stuff."

"We jot down notes and stuff". Good to know, huh ??

They also had removed me from a Controller's position and sent me to another assignment, and, then sent in an hourly Accountemps clerk to replace me as the client's controller, and just gave this temp my phone number. She had never even done a Journal Entry in her life, but RHI/Accountemps sent her to satisfy the client's need of a CONTROLLER.

Here's the best part: they didnt' even tell this temp where to go, just gave her MY phone number and she told me (you'll LOVE this too!) that I was supposed to tell her how to get to the client and that I was supposed to TRAIN HER OVER THE PHONE HOW TO BE A CONTROLLER!

Remember, now, Robert Half/Accountemps claims to be one of "the leaders in the industry in meeting their client's staffing needs" !!

They sent an hourly temp into a controller's position and asked me to train her over the phone to be a controller !!

They are an absolute joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

susie2555 in madison, Wisconsin

68 months ago

I too had a horrid experience with Robert Half and Office team. they called so I take all the tests, (in January) score well etc. not one single word from them for 8 months. Oh we misplaced your paperwork, she is no longer here...yeah yeah, so they find me a lame job which lasts 4 days.
I have been laid off twice in the past two years, this ecomomy sucks ( and no I have never ever had a problem finding or keeping a job until last year) I had been to every agency in Madison wisconsin and they ALL SUCK, quick to get you in and signed up but you never hear from them again unless its temp and 9.00 an hr.

jessica61480 in pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

I have to say I didnt have a good experience with OfficeTeam but I dont have any hard feelings either. Pittsburgh is very small. One day I came to town and scheduled interviews with Adecco, Todays Staffing, Officeteam, and Manpower all in one day. I was very honest with them. At the time I had an associates degree and 3 years admin. experience so I didnt expect too much. I told them I was capable of being and administrative assistant and that I had 4-5 other interviews schedule and I will go to whomever finds me a job first. I would be a good employee and a positive person to work with. In short, make their agency look good. They were helping me, but i knew I was also helping them by providing them with comission. So I wasnt as disapointed as some people may have been because my standards werent very high to begin with.

pinkie34 in Cleveland, Ohio

68 months ago

rh rhcuiter in Cleveland, Ohio,

If Office Team is such a great organization, please explain this:

I was laid off from my job in April. I have 11 years administrative experience, including excellent computer skills and typing at 75WPM. I also have a bachelor's degree. I applied online with Office Team in May. They called me a few days later to come in for an interview and testing. The interview and testing went great. I scored very high on all of the tests. My background check came back fine.

I've applied for jobs with Office Team through their website, called them, emailed them, and nothing. I KNOW I'm more than qualified for all of the jobs I applied for, but haven't gotten a single temp assignment through them. Most of the time, they won't even return my calls. I'm always polite and professional to them, but I can't even get a return phone call. I have to agree with the other posters who complained about this company.

Also, Kelly Services is hardly a second-rate company. My husband was hired into a good-paying, permanent, skilled manufacturing position through Kelly's last year. They were very professional, and worked very hard to find him a position. I'd go apply with them myself if they had any administrative positions open I'd be qualified for. Office Team is a waste of time.

And, Sue in Denver - I've NEVER gotten a single job through a referral - none. I've gotten every single job I've had through responding to ads. Same thing for my husband, and for all of my siblings, and most of my friends/acquaintances. I don't believe your "90% of job seekers get a job through someone they know" figure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Annie D in NoTx, Texas

68 months ago

Robert Half. You know, I really thought these guys has some big time exclusive clientele and it was oh-so-hard to get in with them. HA! Man was I shock to uncover how unprofessional this operation is. Very disappointing. The guy that "interviewed" me, if that's what you call it, look like he had on his Dad's suit and spent too much of my time babbling nonsense. He actually said for me "not to apply anywhere, it would be too confusing for managers to get my resume and then the 'Robert Half resume"...you know, the RH resume carries "so much power".
Left the interview with "I call you in a couple days for our plan"......cobwebs grew on the phone, he never called.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChrisRHT in Seattle, Washington

68 months ago

I found this post to be eye-opening, sad, and disheartening, so I'll try to give my honest 2 cents as an insider, that yes, truly loves my profession and believes in RHI.

First, a company is only as good as it's reputation and people. If you work with a bad recruiter, office, etc, you will earn a negative response. I also find that in life, 1 good experience yields 1 happy response, and a bad 1 gets you 10, just realty.

All that being said, quick suggestions working with ANY agency:

1) Interview the recruiter! Ask them how long they've been in their role, do they like it, heck are they good at it!?! I can't imagine leaving my role/team b/c I'm proud to be on one of the most successful teams in the country in that we consistently are rated in the top 5 for customer service, BY candidates and clients. Doesn't happen by accident, we have low turnover on our team, respect for each other, our candidates, and clients and the honesty to SET EXPECTATIONS. If I think it will be months before a job comes up, we'll tell you!

2) Be PROACTIVE. The fact is, we MUST meet significantly more people than we place b/c a) people find jobs before we do b) the most qualified candidate can STILL be rejected by an employer (they make the call, WE don't) c) not every job is available all the time for each skill. Timing, skill, speed, and sometimes just the right person/company have to line up to find a job, and believe me, getting told "no" all day by clients when we're trying to work with you is a grind in itself. If you're as passionate about finding a job as your recruiter SHOULD be, then call them, and you can/should expect quick follow up back. If there are lack of responses and follow up, then you're right to not show interest with the recruiter.

I could give more thoughts, but happy for feedback. I'm not claiming my company is perfect, but I'm certain the majority of candidates that would refer me/RHI will get shot down by the few that don't and post here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Janet H in St. Louis, Missouri

64 months ago

Ditto on what the other person said about the St. Louis Office - that exactly happened to me too. Wasted 3 hours - they kept "having all these jobs on the site" but when I called in they didn't have anything. I have years of experience, great skills, still look half way decent, and the tests results were great. I recently contacted them again (over a year later) - thinking - well, they never sent me out the first time - so maybe I can just call them and schedule a short meeting to update. NO! I was supposed to go on line and update it - and it should recognize my social. That didn't happen. I finally gave up with my dial up. She canceled one "interview" and then when I called to confirm our next scheduled one for the next day - she wasn't even in the office as she was "sick." So, was I going to dress up, drive an hour there, and pay for parking - and not even know she was going to be there? No. Additionally, I don't think the professionalism is there that should be from the persons answering the phone and others there.

Even more interesting - is a job matching the description of the one I was leaving showed up on their site and other sites the same day I called them to initially discuss, and somehow the employer found out that I was looking for another job.

Janet H in St. Louis, Missouri

64 months ago

Oh, and PS - When I FINALLY got in touch with one of the persons before finding the job from you-know-where - She told me she had sent out my resume to a couple of firms. That's odd - no one called me and asked me if they could send out my resume . . .

John in Plano, Illinois

62 months ago

rh rhcuiter in Cleveland, Ohio said: Wrong, they get a base pay of at least 45,000/yr I was interviewed to be a recruiter. the only reason you are not getting jobs is because you don't have the experience the company is looking for

It doesn't hold any weight when an RH employee speaks for the company. I only want to hear from people who have used the service because I am looking for a good one. An employee has the incentive to speak wonderous things about the company. I believe people who have used the service. Why do I see more negative than positive comments from job seekers? hmmm What does that say?

John in Plano, Illinois

62 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: One more example of headhunter deceitfulness: The bait-and-switch. Being brought in to discuss a job. You arrive at the headhunter timely, but, by the time you arrive, which could be that day or early the next day, the job has amazingly been filled. Then, the headhunter tries to shove you into a job for which you are not the least bit qualified and would likely fail.

Come on, now. Who are you trying to kid? Jobs aren't filled that quickly, especially for professional positions.

The bottom line is everyone is better off finding a job directly through an employer. Sending your resume directly to the company, getting your own interview, and securing the job for yourself and the best way to go. I dislike any staffing or recruiting company simply because it is not the best way to find a job for yourself. You really shouldn't need someone to find a job for you. The problem is that more employers are using these services because they don't want to be bothered with weeding through hundreds of resumes for the right candidate. That kind of sucks because I don't remember so many jobs being advertised with staffing companies ten years ago. It just seems to have gotten out of hand. I live in the Chicago area and in my local paper I would say 75-80% of job listings are through staffing companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Natick, Massachusetts

62 months ago

I had a very negative experience with the Westborough, MA office. I interviewed and was told I would be contacted with more info. about 2 positions. When I followed up via e-mail the recruiter never responded. TALK ABOUT RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Plano, Illinois

62 months ago

Anonymous in Natick, Massachusetts said: I had a very negative experience with the Westborough, MA office. I interviewed and was told I would be contacted with more info. about 2 positions. When I followed up via e-mail the recruiter never responded. TALK ABOUT RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!

That is what I don't understand. Why do they bring people in when they have no jobs in your field? I would rather be told up front that there are no positions at the moment based on your experience. At the very least, they could say that because I really only want to interview for positions that I applied for. I thought that was the whole point of posting the job in the first place. When I apply for a several of their postings with my resume, I don't expect that everyone of these jobs is filled in the next day. Very hard to believe. Another thing I noticed is that they have many jobs postings on the internet such as careerbuilder or indeed, but when you register with the RobertHalf site itself and do a job search their site on has about twenty jobs.
Why are jobs listed on the internet that are not on the RobertHalf site itself? That seems suspicious to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JR1867 in North Carolina

58 months ago

As a recruiter not with Robert half but working in similar skills sets I can understand how all this looks. You guys have to understand something and PLEASE READ THIS!

In the end we are just trying to do our job and feed our families just like you. Some of us are scum most of us are not. We all have job requirements just like you do. Most of us are required to bring people in for interviews, met with people about possible positions etc. Its called pipeling for opportunities in the future or even skills marketing for new opportunities. I have been reading this post and some of the frustration I very much can sympathize but some it is your not there and you really don't know what we go through.

We go through alot, do any of you know what its like to have 50 people call you about a job posting you have up and you don't get back to them right away only to be yelled at and treated like dirt. The said thing about all this is someone has to do it. I interview on average 50 people a day. 50 PEOPLE A DAY!! Alot of you have done that day in and day out for a year. Maybe once a month, or twice a month not day in and day out.

All I really want to say is please don't treat us all the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Piscataway, New Jersey

41 months ago

anon in Phoenix, Arizona said: Very disappointing agency. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. They are sales pitchmen but don't know the people they place OR the clients they serve. Their placement dept is weak, they can't keep their own employees it seems. Big dissatisfaction with staff at RH, let alone placements. They are a temp mill here in the Phoenix, AZ area. I found better agencies and haven't bothered with this MACHINE that operates off others' sweat. Don't bother with them alone, get other agencies working for you and you'll see the difference. This is a SALES company, not a staffing nor recruiting agency.

I am very dissapointed with this recruiters, too they have really bad company policy. They dont pay your Holiday unless you have worked so much hours, so you basically only get pay for the time worked.

Andy in Salt Lake City, Utah

37 months ago

I had a bad experience at RHI today. I was contacted last thursday to come in and interview without any specific job in mind. He sent me an email with the location and time. I had totally forgotten about the apointment until 30 mintues before I was supposed to be there. During my recruiting years, I always made sure to touch base with my candidates to remind them of interviews a day or so ahead of time and I'm already thinking this guy isn't so good. So I rush in only to be handed paperwork wich was expected. Once I complete the paperwork I sit in an interview room for 10 minutes before I meet my recuiter. We talk for 5 minutes about what I've been doing and what my availability is. Nothing about goals or skillsets. He then asked me to take the Windows XP Troubleshooting test. I'm fairly confident in my abilities to troubleshoot XP so I take the test. The test is horribly writen. Not only are the questions poorly phrased, but it quized over obsure command line interface command's switchs i.e.. "Attrib /S /D /L". All stuff that you'd rarely ever use unless you are writting or debugging scripts. Even then that's what reference manuals are for. I get to the 5th question and laugh at how incredably difficult someone made this test and procede to do a half hearted job through the rest. Done in 20 minutes. I get back into the interview room where I wait another 10 minutes or so only to have him come back in and tell me that the national average for the test is 48 percent. I think I got 32 percent. Then he tells me that Helpdesk positions probably won't pay me enough for what I'm looking for and that he'll look for a Jr. Network Admin Position for me. Oh, then mentions that he'd expect me to dress up a little more for an interview with a client. An hour and a half in the office total. Over all, I feel I failed because my recruiter failed to prep me and failed to follow up for the inerview and testing. I think I'll ask few a new recruiter if I'm contacted by them again.

Almost CPA in Northbrook, Illinois

37 months ago

d

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Almost CPA in Northbrook, Illinois

37 months ago

I recently went into their Northbrook location and just was a waste of time. Pretty much the same experience as others had.

It's really upsetting to me because I am just trying to get some break. I've had a permanent job in the past but then was laid off 4 months later due to the downfall of the economy and now I can't even get a real interview with a real company. I am studying and taking the FAR exam in May but would really like to find some work soon.

I am just another person who is struggling to find work. I just wish people would not waste my time like they do. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know.

Pandy in Saint Paul, Minnesota

35 months ago

They are a terrible Agency. The only thing they are good at, is avoiding your calls and emails. They told me to check in with them once a 1 month. That's what I did, but they don't respond. Then they emailed my 2 months ago and said I haven't been in contact with them and my account is now deactivated. Terrible place and people.

Pandy in Saint Paul, Minnesota

35 months ago

Minneapolis Client in Osseo, Minnesota said: I have to agree; very unprofessional. I spent over 3 hours testing and interviewing after answering an ad. They never once spoke of the ad which I responded to; pretended it didn't exist. To date, I've yet to receive a call from them with an assignment (and they claim they had so much work to offer).

I am a person with more than 15 years experience; gifted in many ways, yet they will not work with me.

I THINK THEY WORK STRICTLY WITH A QUOTA TO FILL PER MONTH. THIS AGENCY SUCKS! So does AppleOne; don't go there either.

I wished they would respect we job seekers.

Thank you for telling my about AppleOne, I started to go through them. They told me that they should be able to help find a job soon, still nothing. Now they are just avoiding my emails.

sanny in Minneapolis, Minnesota

31 months ago

Worst staffing company ever!!! Opened account with RH, Creative Group, Office Team, Accountemps, but got no response at all. Send Email to CG, no response. Applied various jobs, no response. Searched for phone number and called minneapolis office, but had to leave voice message. Got a call from a staffer. Called her back but got transferred to another staffer with the same name. This new staffer said I did not fit with their requirements and told me RH/Officeteam was not a fit for me. Got another call few weeks later from Accountemps. The staff mentioned that she could not find my name in the database for either of the companies.

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

31 months ago

JR1867 in North Carolina said:
We go through alot, do any of you know what its like to have 50 people call you about a job posting you have up and you don't get back to them right away only to be yelled at and treated like dirt. The said thing about all this is someone has to do it. I interview on average 50 people a day. 50 PEOPLE A DAY!! Alot of you have done that day in and day out for a year. Maybe once a month, or twice a month not day in and day out.

I doubt that (50 people a day). I periodically get called to 'register' with Robert Half about a position. Yes, I show up in nice suit with Resume in portfolio and score 90% + on their tests but they never got me 1 hour of work ever. Also, there may have been 1 or 2 other candidates at the time I registered. I doubt 50 candidates a day.

Rachelle Moffett in San Antonio, Texas

31 months ago

Apple One was a COMPLETE waste of time. I had a fantastic interview, scored 90% and above on all of their assessments. I am going for an admin or exec. assistant, even though I am very overqualified for this position. I was repeatedly told that they could immediately place me. I was sent on one (and only one) interview with a company that did not meet any of my requirements, I went for the experience. I got the job offer and didn't take it (since it was a lot less pay and part time temporary). In the next 3 months I called and called and was repeatedly told that they were still looking for a job. No calls and no jobs. A few days ago I received an email that was mistakenly sent to me by Apple One, it was asking for job referrals from people they have found jobs. So sad, but I think the recruiters and job placement services are really hurting for any type of business. If you think about it from the employers perspective, they don't want to pay thousands of dollars to someone who can find them an employee. The Apple One in San Antonio is worthless, you'd be better off printing 100 resumes and throwing them off a tall building (it would reach more people). Do not use Shannon Bennett or Heather the General Manager. Horrible follow through, and a total waste of time.

Reputation Management Counter Intel in Bay Village, Ohio

26 months ago

My job is to spot fakes like this one and point it out to the user community. I was able to determine the source of the message was from within the Robert Half headquarters.
This comment was made by a member of the Robert Half International company – in an attempt to manage their online reputation. Companies like Robert Half try to manage their online reputations to stay counteract the testimonials of actual employee and client experiences. Robert Half makes money by loaning-out other people and making money on other people’s labor – like loaning out slaves for rent.
RH typically charges clients 1.7 to 2.3 times the amount which the farmed-labor receives. All of their placements are available through other agencies at much lower costs to the client. In 2010, RH made $3 billion worldwide – all of it on the backs of the candidates and their internal workers – whom easily work 12 hours a day as mandated by the corporate culture.
Although it is not unusual for an employee of RH to work only 3 months within the company – due to the extremism of their culture – other sourcing companies quickly hire the internal staff of RH. At least, that used to be the case before the non-compete clauses that employees must now sign.
One last thing, to the minorities of all stripes – Asians, Hispanics, Blacks, and Jews – they may sometimes hire you, but they always hate you. There is currently a movement within the company to reduce the number of minority hires because of the general “surprise” that the client receives when you arrive on their property for an interview. Also, there is a corporate culture of open mocking and hatred towards minority applicants.

This has been a Public Service Announcement. Now you know.

Reputation Management Counter Intel in Bay Village, Ohio

26 months ago

My post was separated from the original message on which I was commmenting. Therefore, my general advice is that any message posted from within Pleaston, California should be treated as an internal post from the corporate headquarters of Robert Half. There are other ways to tell who posts what in the current day. But, I cannot give away all of my secrets.

Sofia - Denver, CO

25 months ago

(For this message, ref: Robert Half, Office Team and Account Temps herein as RH, Office T., Acct Tmps.)

RH, Office T., Acct Tmps. (some type of tri-merger and/or tri-acquisition international staffing agency) hire totally inexperienced staffing recruiters. Furthermore, their Denver, CO recruiters lack basic knowledge in assessing their own clients professional needs and applicants qualifications. I think their recruiters are paid a very low wage, because they are totally and completely incompetent. I wasted over thirty days thinking RH, Office T., Acct Tmps. was a viable organization. Talking with their recruiters was like trying to interview with a ten year old child. Unfortunately, the negative statements of RH, Office T., Acct Tmps. are very accurate. If you are an honest and qualified applicant, you will not benefit by contacting or meeting with any staff recruiters of RH, Office T., Acct Tmps. in Denver, CO. When you are unemployed, you can't waste time. Time is more valuable than money and the tri-organization of RH, Office T., Acct Tmps. will waste both. I advise researching staffing agencies that have a local, centralized and regional reputation in your area, (which might be a better option, I am not sure). Best of luck to all U.S.A. unemployed trying to find honest work....be careful where you step, there is a lot of garbage recruiters and corporations who will take advantage of you. And, please, don't give anyone your social security number until after you are hired.

25 months ago

I agree with the above comment. Robert Half basically accused me of identity theft or they are totally clueless. I have met with or spoken with recruiters in the Boston & Metrowest offices where I was told that I registered in NJ under a different social security number and that I was in their system 'multiple times' and they couldn't help me. I have written several letters to their main headquarters in CA (because I am concerned they are spreading slanderous & false information to other recruiters & hiring managers in the Boston region).

All I will say is check out the Linked In profiles of these 20 something recruiters that work for Robert Half -- most have NO experience in accounting or less than 2 years in an entry level just out of college position. Likely they came from selling cars or subprime mortgages. Even though I never worked for an hour thru robert half I am still getting calls about some 'great position' that they have that I should 'come down' and register with them for.

yo in Wheeling, Illinois

24 months ago

Indy Anonymous in Pleasanton, California said: I have to disagree, the offices in Indiana are great! I applied, was interviewed and tested the next day, and was placed on assignment the following day. In three days I had a job. They did a comprehensive job of evaluating my skills and experience and placed me in a perfect fit. When my assigment company's client was bought out and I was laid off, RHI Indianapolis was on the phones immediately and had me lined up for two new assignments! They're very professional, well-educated, and friendly. I wouldn't trust anyone else!! If you don't have the skills to be placed, they can't work magic. It seems to me a lot of you are bitter about this, not about RHI's impressive staff. Try buffing up your resume (and most importantly your educations) and re-apply. stop blaming others for your faults.
RHI is fantastic, and I would never use a lesser agency such as Kelly Services, Ajilon, Volt, or any other second-rate company.

Yeah, while you do all the work they get a big chunk of your check... They are morons and idiots....

22 months ago

The offices in the Boston area (as well as Metrowest) are very rude & unprofessional. Don't waste your time -- You will be offered $15 an hour for an accounting position with a major bank and then get a call a day before the assignment is supposed to start saying that the "Client wanted someone with more "direct banking" experience". The first question you will asked when you arrive to interview with Robert Half's offices in Boston MA is "Do you have a list of references you can give to me".

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina

7 months ago

Is it possible to leave the company? I went to the Robert Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers. I have been chosen by another company which I had applied to before RH interview. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also. How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something. Thanks for any help in advance.

Pinkie in Cleveland, Ohio

7 months ago

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina said: Is it possible to leave the company? I went to the Robert Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers. I have been chosen by another company which I had applied to before RH interview. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also. How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something. Thanks for any help in advance.

You mean a temp job with RH? If you haven't accepted a job with them or started work with them, you don't owe them anything! Just tell them you found another job, and are no longer interested in the position.

As others have said, RH is a joke! I have NEVER gotten a simgle position through either RH or Office Team. I have been employed for the past months though, in a good temp position (mortgage industry), through Volt. I applied for a job they had listed online, and an out of state recruiter from Volt handled the whole process via phone, Internet, and email. It was a far better experience than I had with RH/Office Team.

No, I am not a corporate employee of Volt's. Just wanted to suggest them, in case anyone is looking for a decent temp agency, that can actually find you a job.

dfc0117 in Raleigh

4 months ago

They amaze me. They called me regarding an application that I submitted through their website here in Raleigh for a Desktop Support role TWO MOTHS ago. I went to their office and it looked nice, clean and professional. Here's the thing, all they wanted to do was meet me and that's it which I understood but there were no openings! Why waste my time? Also I got into some trouble with the law 13 years ago and I was open about it. After 2 weeks of no contact, the recruiter told me that they were waiting for the legal department's decision because they don't have a cap on the background check. That pissed me off! I just completed a one year contract with Dell and they also did a background check with no issues. Only reason I didn't keep it was because I'm married and the role was overseas. I told the recruiter that unless I needed a security clearance, most companies go back 10 years. Don't waste your time with them. Most states now look at denying job because of criminal background as discrimination.

Anonymous in Charlotte, North Carolina

3 months ago

I applied to the Raleigh office in Nov. and got the same old jazz about a criminal conviction from 25 years ago needing to be cleared from their legal dept. Could never speak to a rep.when I called, they screen your calls also. Left voice mails and didn't get the simple courtesy or respect of a call back. Totally unprofessional so-called headhunter! Total waste of time and I'll never mess with them again!

dfc0117 in Raleigh

3 months ago

Anonymous in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I applied to the Raleigh office in Nov. and got the same old jazz about a criminal conviction from 25 years ago needing to be cleared from their legal dept. Could never speak to a rep.when I called, they screen your calls also. Left voice mails and didn't get the simple courtesy or respect of a call back. Totally unprofessional so-called headhunter! Total waste of time and I'll never mess with them again!

They did the same thing to me in the Raleigh Office over a 13 year old felony. I called the recruiter a week later since I hadn't heard anything and she said that they still hadn't heard from legal. She also mentioned that they do not have a limit on the years they go back on a background check. I called the local EEOC and they said I could file against them for discrimination. I asked what ype of compensation could I get. They said they could either force them to get me a job or get financially compensated. I'm not wasting my time with RH.

aaa in Torrance, California

3 months ago

I agree. The one in King of Prussia, PA is pretty bad. Over the past two years they've called me *maybe* three times with a full-time opportunity. Not once for a temp job. If I send an email of interest, I don't even get a reply of acknowledgement! Unprofessional in the extreme amd practically worthless.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.