RHI - How do they get the clients?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Curious George in Tulsa, Oklahoma

98 months ago

If RHI is such an awful company, how do they remain in business? If I understand it right, the business model goes like this:

Get People:
1. Post fake jobs.
2. Interview lots of people and collect resumes.

Get Clients:
1. Fax/Email these resumes to companies that ARE NOT asking for them.
2. Eventually, they will ask to see a candidate.

Is this all there is to it? Lieing to job candidates seems like bad karma to me. Spamming potential clients seems like it would be a big turn off also.

How can RHI get so much business if they do these shoddy business practices???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josie in Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona

98 months ago

I doubt they have as much business as their ads indicate, especially since most of their ads are known to be a crock, and since they treat their "clients" so poorly. I do however wonder how they can remain in business when they have such a horrible reputation, not just here in Phoenix, but in every city that I know people in, or have lived in myself.
It does amuse me to see all the negative postings about them. Unfortunately most people don't read these postings before they waste their time paying them visit.

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

98 months ago

Curious George in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: How can RHI get so much business if they do these shoddy business practices???

Because advertising works. It is as simple as that. Businesses spend enormous amounts of money on advertising and they are not exactly wasting that money. Even if everything here was written from a negative viewpoint you are basically still helping to advertise the firm of Robert Half. It is clear to me for one that Robert Half tends to place people in accounting positions who are the traditional corporate types and not the average person who wants a job as an assembler or some blue collar job. I learned that in these forums thanks to the discussions.

I believe it was sometime in the sixties when television advertisers discovered that even a TV ad that people found a bit silly or even a bit negative actually made the name stick in peoples' minds and caused as much discussion about that company and it's products as really wonderful and pleasant ads were able to do.

In fact, TV ads were previewed by a room full of ordinary consumers and these folks were paid to just sit and watch and press a vote button on how well they liked the ad. The ads that scored the worse and the ads that scored the best were both run in a lot of circumstances.

Example.. Look at the advertising for the 'Thigh Master" device. Many people hated the ads and had a lot of negative things to say about the device and the women who advertised its use but we ALL have heard of the product and many people have bought it.

Even the successful stock trader will take into consideration what the odd lotters are doing. The theory is that people who don't buy more than a hundred shares don't know what they are doing so if the odd lot sales are down, that is an indication to buy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

X in Pleasanton, California

96 months ago

Do you know that every candidate and every client we work with gets a survey to fill out about our performance. A fairly high percentage respond, typically just the very happy or very unhappy, but over 25%.

Over 95% would recommend us to their peers. That is why we get our business and are still one of the largest, most successful organizations in our industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

what? in Tampa, Florida

96 months ago

Ya, the ones working with RHI are the only ones responding to those surveys. What about the candidates you burned and the clients that get sick of the millions of calls....leave us alone

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.