Robert Half.....Totally agree that this is not a real job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Lindsay in Auburn, Michigan

86 months ago

I stupidly submitted my resume through a job site today for this very job. within 2 minutes I recieved an email from Yolanda at Robert Half see below:

Thank you for your recent interest in Robert Half Accounting & Finance.
We have reviewed your application; however, at this time we do not have
any opportunities that match your current background and experience. We
have a number of resources on our website that may be helpful as you
continue to hone your skills or job search techniques. You can review
these valuable tools at RobertHalf.com/CareerResources.

Please also continue to keep us informed of additionally acquired
experience, skills and expertise, as these can dramatically increase
your placement potential in the future.

Regards,

Yolanda

I replied to this email asking of the job opening was not longer availiable and epxressing the fact that there was no way she had even looked at my resume in that short a time.

I recieved an email back from Yolanda saying yes she had reviewed my resume and I did not have the experience necessary, but if I called Accountemps, one of their other companies, they could help me in my pursuit for a job.

These postings are to generate business, nothing more......now I know, I will not waste my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Livin'Large in Nashville, Tennessee

85 months ago

But you're wasting our time on this message board!!! What do you expect her to say if she thinks you don't fit the skill set she needs??? At least she emailed you back to tell you the bad news, whereas, most companies don't even send you an email after applying for one of their jobs. Ridiculous post!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Livin'Large in Gallatin, Tennessee

85 months ago

Livin'Large, you sound like you might have been the recruiter she emailed or her boss. Who are you to tell anyone their post is ridiculous? Companies like Robert Half are the absolute worst for people that need to find a job. They post fake ads, give people false hope and give the industry a bad name. I too had a bad experience with them telling me they felt sure they had several clients that would want to talk to me. When I tried to follow up the recruiter wouldn't take my phone calls. The bottom line is they put ads out for jobs that do not exist so they can get resumes out of that they try to sell to companies that the candidate might have found themselves. So in the long run the can actually hinder someone's job search.

You post was a waste of mine time. If you don't respect someone's right to post then don't come here and read. Go to Robert Half and sit and hold your breath while they try to find you a job doing something better with your valuable time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

Lindsay in Auburn, Michigan said: I stupidly submitted my resume through a job site today for this very job. within 2 minutes I recieved an email from Yolanda at Robert Half see below:

Thank you for your recent interest in Robert Half Accounting & Finance.
We have reviewed your application; however, at this time we do not have
any opportunities that match your current background and experience. We
have a number of resources on our website that may be helpful as you
continue to hone your skills or job search techniques. You can review
these valuable tools at RobertHalf.com/CareerResources.

Please also continue to keep us informed of additionally acquired
experience, skills and expertise, as these can dramatically increase
your placement potential in the future.

Regards,

Yolanda

I replied to this email asking of the job opening was not longer availiable and epxressing the fact that there was no way she had even looked at my resume in that short a time.

I recieved an email back from Yolanda saying yes she had reviewed my resume and I did not have the experience necessary, but if I called Accountemps, one of their other companies, they could help me in my pursuit for a job.

These postings are to generate business, nothing more......now I know, I will not waste my time.

Send your concerns about OfficeTeam to [edit: email removed]
and file a complaint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.