Working for RH is a nightmare

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Pissed off in the Midwest in Kansas City, Missouri

96 months ago

Robert Half Finance & Accounting has a horrible reputation. Many former employees have started their own firms, and are taking market share left and right from this highly disorganized company. They "churn & burn", run through employees like toilet paper, and steal the business you create. Run away, as fast as you can, you've been warned!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Doug Plucker in Elmhurst, New York

96 months ago

Here is another one of those companies who keep reposting the same job or jobs over and over again, and never bother to respond or acknowledge in any fashion your submission of a resume or application to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Hawthorne, New Jersey

95 months ago

Do you know anything about their "sister" company, The Creative Group, which is located in Paramus, NJ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby Half Jr. in San Jose, California

94 months ago

ALL ROBERT HALF DIVISIONS have a quota on their recruiters per week. They must bring in 15 candidates regardless of whether you are good or bad. They will call you on the phone, get you all excited and call you in for an interview.

When they do call you in, they will ask you where you have been interviewing (DO NOT TELL THEM THAT), they will ask you who you interviewed with (DO NOT TELL THEM THAT). In return, the recruiter will then stab you in the back and call those ppl who you interviewed with and try to place another one of their candidates there! No Joke.

When they ask for references, give them your friend's name and say that this person was your supervisor at "X company". They don't care! They just want a lead to sell to at the end of the reference call or their next RHI employee who has never heard of Robert Half!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Withheld in Texas in Houston, Texas

94 months ago

Here's something funny. When you go in for an interview there are little black rolodex's. On them is "WHYB" "Where Have You Been?" That is done to remind the person interviewing you to ask, where have you interviewed and with who? What agency presented you? You have it right. That is part of basic training for them to find out "warm leads," by finding out where other agencies have presented you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jus lookin in Archer City, Texas

90 months ago

What is the starting base pay for a recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

left there a while ago in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

40-50K depeding on the position...you'll be working like 70 or 80 though and it will take you months to bonus. My boss told me basically everyone in the office made 100k when I interviewed, turns out him and four or five out of 50 people made that. They'll sugar coat it, but it was the worst job I've ever had. That includes jobs I did in high school and college working at fast food and stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Homer Simpson D'oh in Collegeville, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

What is the commission like? When does it kick in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jdinnis in Lewisville, Texas

85 months ago

Do Not allow them to call your current employer if you are currently employed. I applied for an accounting clerk position with them and when they called I was asked if it was ok to call my current employer I said yes then got fired a couple of days later because this guy called and tried to fill my position with someone.

Bobby Half Jr. in San Jose, California said: ALL ROBERT HALF DIVISIONS have a quota on their recruiters per week. They must bring in 15 candidates regardless of whether you are good or bad. They will call you on the phone, get you all excited and call you in for an interview.

When they do call you in, they will ask you where you have been interviewing (DO NOT TELL THEM THAT), they will ask you who you interviewed with (DO NOT TELL THEM THAT). In return, the recruiter will then stab you in the back and call those ppl who you interviewed with and try to place another one of their candidates there! No Joke.

When they ask for references, give them your friend's name and say that this person was your supervisor at "X company". They don't care! They just want a lead to sell to at the end of the reference call or their next RHI employee who has never heard of Robert Half!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

OldandSad in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

43 months ago

Oh please.... Chris is just as bad as anyone at RH!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Annie Mous in Shawnee, Kansas

8 months ago

After two years of being ignored by a local branch, I finally pried an answer out of the division manager of why I wasn't being selected for any more jobs. They said that since I received a complaint from a client that I wasn't eligible to go on anymore assignments. That was two years ago!! I finally asked them if that was the case then why does your recruiters call me up wanting me to come in and reactivate my account if I can't work with them anymore?

You'd think they would have told me two years ago that I'm no longer on their good side and they have deactivated my account.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Just a thought in High Point, North Carolina

4 months ago

Pissed off in the Midwest in Kansas City, Missouri said: Robert Half Finance & Accounting has a horrible reputation. Many former employees have started their own firms, and are taking market share left and right from this highly disorganized company. They "churn & burn", run through employees like toilet paper, and steal the business you create. Run away, as fast as you can, you've been warned!

I wonder if these employees could have started their firms before working for RHI...or if RHI gave them some tools they needed to succeed. Just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

EndlessJoy in Atlanta, Georgia

4 months ago

Be careful working for temp agencies b/c if you are blacklisted with one it somehow translates over to the other agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.