How can I resign from Robert and Half?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Lehua in Honolulu, Hawaii

18 months ago

Hi,
I guess I made a mistake, and don't know how I can get out of this.
After 3 months tiresome job seeking, I went to the Robert and Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers, and, unfortunately, I signed the the arbitrary agreement, and W4, etc.
It is very likely, that I have been chosen by an other company which I had applied to before RH interview and would like to take. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also.
How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH.

This would be my first job in the U.S., since I'd got my green card recently. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something.
Thanks for any help in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

18 months ago

IMO Robert Half has no say if you take a job you found on your own. After all, you ARE allowed to look for jobs yourself. Moreover, at least one recruiter has posted on these forums that agencies can be part of a job search campaign.

Whatever you do, be sure you have a formal job offer, preferably in writing, and you have agreed to a start date, before turning down any job offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lehua in Honolulu, Hawaii

18 months ago

Thank you for the information. It gives me a little courage to clear the situation with them.
Thanks again.

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina

12 months ago

I am in a simular situation like Lehua. I went to the Robert Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers. I have been chosen by another company which I had applied to before RH interview. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also. How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something. Thanks for any help in advance.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.