This company is a joke

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

ex RHI in Arlington, Virginia

99 months ago

as a 4 yr veteran of this organization, i can tell you that their business model is based on purely numbers and creating fake job orders to lure candidates for leads, collect resumes and feed their resume database. And due to the high internal turnover, if you're not in front of a recruiter, then you'll get lost in the shuffle when that recruiter is gone. Then you have to rebuild that relationship all over again 2-3 times in a year. Their employee morale is extremely low and it is one of the lowest paying staffing organizations in business with the highest mark up to their clients. Senior managers themselves admit they don't follow half of the advice they put out on corporate marketing brochures which are used as tools to gain appointments and drum up business from hiring managers.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Frankie in San Jose, California

66 months ago

People, we need to contact our local and national media to expose RHI's American white-collar sweatshop! RHI is abusing its contractors and internal employees big time!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Frankie in San Jose, California

66 months ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Staffing firm Robert Half International Inc. said Friday that it will take a second-quarter after-tax charge of $11.4 million related to the settlement of a trio of lawsuits filed by groups of its employees.

The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that the cases had been set for mediation, but the parties reached a deal on Thursday to settle the claims. The formal settlement of the cases remains subject to court approval.

Robert Half said the employees claimed in the lawsuits that they were owed overtime, interest and other payments for work dating back to September 2000. The company said that while it still believes that it could defend itself against the claims, it determined that a settlement was in the best interest of it and its shareholders.

The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company said that in recent years, it has changed its employment agreements to prevent similar lawsuits in the future.

Combined with a one-time tax expense reduction, Robert Half said it expects the settlement to reduce its second-quarter profit by $8.1 million, or 6 cents per share. Analysts, on average, were expecting the company to report profit of 36 cents per share for the quarter ended June 30, according to FactSet.

Robert Half shares fell 71 cents, or 2.4 percent, to close Friday trading at $28.50. The stock has traded between $19.69 and $32.32 in the past 52 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

shkoda in New York, New York

64 months ago

They are charging 130% markup! This is unbelievable but it's true. They lied to me that they were not making enough on my assignment and couldn't pay me more. The truth is - they are getting form a client more than I am. Unethical, unfair, bad business practices.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

shkoda in New York, New York

64 months ago

Frankie in San Jose, California said: People, we need to contact our local and national media to expose RHI's American white-collar sweatshop! RHI is abusing its contractors and internal employees big time!

We should.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Michana in Michigan

64 months ago

I wonder how people can't realize how bad is RH, they have no culture no fairness no honesty in dealing with their people or clients .... all is about money. They are similar to Experis Finance or Jefferson Wells and Kforce, they,ll take you down

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

64 months ago

"............no honesty in dealing with their people or clients .... "
Not honest with its clients? What do you mean?

RH's aggressive sales tactics attract a lot of stupid clients who thought it's the only one who provides quality, high-end candidates, hence justifying the higher-than-normal rates.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

64 months ago

RH is the worst, its huge profits are derived from the hard work of its own long-suffering employees and contractors...

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

APPPP in Four Oaks, North Carolina

55 months ago

Thanks for the warning. I have never worked for them, but I am a candidate. I will say that the recruiters keep changing and I have noticed high turnover in the office itself. In addition, as a candidate, the recruiter thinks it's up to the recruiter to decide how far I should travel to work everyday??? Hello!! It's my gas and my time. When I was in the prescreening process, the girl was nasty and treated me like I was beneath her. In addition, I mentioned that they had my profile screwed up and I think they have combined me with another candidate. There were jobs listed on my profile that I have never worked. They were not concerned with this information...so I will not post my resume information with them.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Hasina in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

Robert Half Technology sorry to say that It did not get me a job they recur tiers want to know your contact who are looking for work rather than getting job to myself they got me 1 job interview over the phone job for 1 month contract that also not according to my job higher that what I can work and far like spend transportation like 350.00 what a joke and if you apply on their website they will say that job is on hold or not available anymore I have no idea how they work I am planning to complain to BBS

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Hasina in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

time to travel for that job 3 hr to go and 3 hrs to come laalla what a joke What kind of work you all do RHT

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

janyladvik in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

How about alternatives to temping? You DO NOT HAVE TO TEMP even if you are unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Bynddrvn in Boston, Massachusetts

40 months ago

I signed up with Accountemps and received a broadcast message for a position requiring a college degree and several years experience - all to earn 10 to $12 an hour?

Why would I work a stressful job for this absurdly low rate when I could just work in a coffee shop and earn the same?

RHI got too greedy and now companies/employees don't want to work with them. My boss told me to look for a temp to fill a position and specifically told me to NOT use RHI or KForce.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

CLLinWes in Denver, Colorado

36 months ago

All of the comments have hit the spot. The interview is a joke the pay is another story. They always wanted to send me 30-40 miles out of my area for $11-12 a hour ha. Their staff that is suppose to be working together has no idea what the other is doing.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Fairfield, Connecticut

27 months ago

Frankie in San Jose, California said: People, we need to contact our local and national media to expose RHI's American white-collar sweatshop! RHI is abusing its contractors and internal employees big time!

What is sad is that their employees suffer the MOST...as do those of us that have had the horrible luck of even attempting to work with them!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Fairfield, Connecticut

27 months ago

Frankie in San Jose, California said: NEW YORK (AP) — Staffing firm Robert Half International Inc. said Friday that it will take a second-quarter after-tax charge of $11.4 million related to the settlement of a trio of lawsuits filed by groups of its employees.

The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that the cases had been set for mediation, but the parties reached a deal on Thursday to settle the claims . The formal settlement of the cases remains subject to court approval.

Robert Half said the employees claimed in the lawsuits that they were owed overtime, interest and other payments for work dating back to September 2000. The company said that while it still believes that it could defend itself against the claims, it determined that a settlement was in the best interest of it and its shareholders.

The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company said that in recent years, it has changed its employment agreements to prevent similar lawsuits in the future.

Combined with a one-time tax expense reduction, Robert Half said it expects the settlement to reduce its second-quarter profit by $8.1 million, or 6 cents per share. Analysts, on average, were expecting the company to report profit of 36 cents per share for the quarter ended June 30, according to FactSet.

Robert Half shares fell 71 cents, or 2.4 percent, to close Friday trading at $28.50. The stock has traded between $19.69 and $32.32 in the past 52 weeks.

KARMA IS A BIOTCH!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Annon Man in Dallas, Texas

19 months ago

RHI kept bugging me while I was on internship. That was unprofessional and I could lose my job. Now I'm sure they want me unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Katrina in Raleigh, North Carolina

17 months ago

This company is robbing honest workers for trhe money they work hard for. I have been on assignment for 4 months and was informed that the prospective company wanted to hire me full time. Informed my recruiter and was congratulated. After an extra month of waiting to finalize the employment process I was told that I could not complete the hiring g process because it cost too much to hire me out of my contract and it also cost to much to keep me full on under Robert half. I was informed that Robert half received double my pay per hour for me and an extra 27.00 for all scheduled overtime per week meanwhile I was barely receiving 300 dollars a week per pay period. For a paycheck that was supposed to have at least 550 a week. Needless to say this company is a complete rip-off.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Delray Beach, Florida

16 months ago

Very true, they charge high mark up. so the only way to get around is to be very firm how much you would agree to get paid.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Cheated by RHI in Frisco, Texas

16 months ago

First of all, entry level jobs are not easy to find, especially for people who are unfortunate not to have internships or previous experience. RHI just want a piece of the low entry-level job pay. This is predatory.

Second, don't ever contact me for leads, then say I'm not a good fit because it's a job that requires 5 years of experience. Read my resume, you illiterate people. And HAVE AN ACTUAL JOB.

Finally, the recruiters on the forums always complain about wasting time for returning call to candidates but they always call and give me jobs I am not qualified for. They're being retarted.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Audiomanz in Dayton, Ohio

13 months ago

I am not sure if your working for Robert Half or a company pretending to recruit through them i received a call from them upon returning from a job in Toledo last year for a temp position.
Starting in April
I have no degrees
But have 20+ years experience in networking and computers
I started working and was getting paid 22.50 an hour and did so for a period of almost 2 months
Now its Nov and im called back for the same job same place and same pay.
So really i'm not sure how you people are getting screwed.
job market maybe in your area
lack of talent to jobs available
There are a lot of companies that put out adds for positions to draw people in hell i have worked for every temp service in Dayton Ohio and they all do it at least the job i have been called for pays more then 8.50 an hour

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Michigan

10 months ago

Just started working for RH/Officeteam. I did a Skype interview with the Southfield office...no action for 2 weeks. Saw a posting online about a position thru the Troy office and things moved VERY quickly! Got hired as a temp with a Michigan Union...they plan to hire me permanently after 4 months. I wish the pay was higher but this assignment has been great so far.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Marcus in Oakland, California

8 months ago

A lot of comments have definitely nailed the Robert Half model. I am surprised they are still in business, but usually new companies or ones that don't use a lot of contractors don't have sophisticated managed service models. Look for a letter after the job posting. This means it is a fake. The recruiters will try multiple times to lure you in if you are looking for a job AND you are currently working, so they can get the names of hiring managers. I come on here to look at comments for pure entertainment value and look at some of the sad stories...working for basically minimum wage...under $20/hour...get a job at Costco or Starbucks! Better pay, better benefits, more fun!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Bostonian in Boston, Massachusetts

5 months ago

Bynddrvn in Boston, Massachusetts said: I signed up with Accountemps and received a broadcast message for a position requiring a college degree and several years experience - all to earn 10 to $12 an hour?

Why would I work a stressful job for this absurdly low rate when I could just work in a coffee shop and earn the same?

RHI got too greedy and now companies/employees don't want to work with them. My boss told me to look for a temp to fill a position and specifically told me to NOT use RHI or KForce.

Omg..i just completed a 4 day assignment from RH with that pay.if i wasnt desperate i wouldve said....!! Never does the same recruiter call. Ive spoke with 6 recruiters and only got 1 assignment been working with them since April. Dont trust them, they gave me an assignment, signed all the documents, had to wait 2wks to begin, then told me the day before at 4:30pm not to show up because the company is holding off they were having IT issues and I never heard about it again. Dont ever believe them when they give you an assignment even with a contract they will break because it says on the contract"Please note the expected start time and anticipated end time is approximate and is subject to change at any time"

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bostonian in Boston, Massachusetts

5 months ago

Omg..i just completed a 4 day assignment from RH with that pay.if i wasnt desperate i wouldve said....!! Never does the same recruiter call. Ive spoke with 6 recruiters and only got 1 assignment been working with them since April. Dont trust them, they gave me an assignment, signed all the documents, had to wait 2wks to begin, then told me the day before at 4:30pm not to show up because the company is holding off they were having IT issues and I never heard about it again. Dont ever believe them when they give you an assignment even with a contract they will break because it says on the contract"Please note the expected start time and anticipated end time is approximate and is subject to change at any time"

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

TagMyRecruiter in London, United Kingdom

5 months ago

Hi all,

We have opened a website call TagMyRecruiter where you can rate your experience with your recruiters.

I have been approached in the past by Robert Half, went to an interview with one of their reps, here in London, in the Shard, and I was told I am not good enough for the position I was looking for... Few weeks after, I managed to secure a contract role for the position I was looking for - Delivery Manager within E-Commerce space. Therefore, based on this poor experience, the feedback I have for these guys is quite low...

Anyway, if it makes you all feel better, please check www.tagmyrecruiter.com and leave a review ( it's free anyway ) for the recruitment agencies you have been worked in the past so other people can make an informal decision when are approached by them. Do not hesitate to send us any suggestions or improvements via contact page.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Kim in Santa Clara, California

4 months ago

ex RHI in Arlington, Virginia said: as a 4 yr veteran of this organization, i can tell you that their business model is based on purely numbers and creating fake job orders to lure candidates for leads, collect resumes and feed their resume database . And due to the high internal turnover, if you're not in front of a recruiter, then you'll get lost in the shuffle when that recruiter is gone. Then you have to rebuild that relationship all over again 2-3 times in a year. Their employee morale is extremely low and it is one of the lowest paying staffing organizations in business with the highest mark up to their clients. Senior managers themselves admit they don't follow half of the advice they put out on corporate marketing brochures which are used as tools to gain appointments and drum up business from hiring managers.

Thank you for stating this!!!! It's so obviously disgusting for a company to promise to promote you by shoving a body into a "job" not career. These people don't care.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.