This company is a joke

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

ex RHI in Arlington, Virginia

59 months ago

as a 4 yr veteran of this organization, i can tell you that their business model is based on purely numbers and creating fake job orders to lure candidates for leads, collect resumes and feed their resume database. And due to the high internal turnover, if you're not in front of a recruiter, then you'll get lost in the shuffle when that recruiter is gone. Then you have to rebuild that relationship all over again 2-3 times in a year. Their employee morale is extremely low and it is one of the lowest paying staffing organizations in business with the highest mark up to their clients. Senior managers themselves admit they don't follow half of the advice they put out on corporate marketing brochures which are used as tools to gain appointments and drum up business from hiring managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Madonna Ritchie in San Francisco, California

58 months ago

I couldn't agree more. Robert Half seems like the most elite staffing group until you actually work in the inside. They cram unqualified candidates into positions and underpay them, all without the customer knowing. The front line sales team can't work hard enough to live up to the unwavering company matrix. 12 - 15 hour days at Robert Half will not give you the pay they are promising nor can you stand the management while working there. They are absolute brutal slave drivers and can't possibly compensate for the amount of work your required to do while employed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nolongeraslave in Hades, Alabama

57 months ago

I have never been more disappointed in a group of so called professionals in all my life. And I have never been more embarrased over working for a company. Shame on you Robert Half executives - you turn a blind eye so you can keep cashing in your stock! As a former RHI employee I speak from experience when I say the following. I was not one of the unlucky ones forced out or fired because of "underperformance". I actually left on my own, after making good money, in sheer disgust! If you are interested in seeing your upper management team drunk at company functions, join RHI. If you believe you should take money from your candidates' pay rates so you can maintain profits during an economic downturn, join RHI. (RHI is so bold that they actually sent out several memos with examples on how to back into what you should pay the candidate based on what the client was willing to pay.) If you enjoy your boss treating you like an idiot unless you repeat verbatim their word tracks, join RHI. If you enjoy being micro managed by someone who has no business experience outside of staffing, join RHI. If you enjoy watching people lie to clients by telling them they have a background in the area they are trying to staff for, join RHI. If you enjoy seeing good people be fired while incompetent managers and Regional VPs keep their jobs, join RHI. If you prefer not to have original thoughts or use your education, join RHI. If you enjoy seeing out of work professionals beg for a job while you stand in the way because your fees are too high, join RHI. It is a sales organization and that means goals-no biggie-but you still have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror. If you like holding your head up high and being proud of your employer, think twice about working for this organization. When times get tough, their true colors emerge and it's not pretty!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Frankie in San Jose, California

26 months ago

People, we need to contact our local and national media to expose RHI's American white-collar sweatshop! RHI is abusing its contractors and internal employees big time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Frankie in San Jose, California

26 months ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Staffing firm Robert Half International Inc. said Friday that it will take a second-quarter after-tax charge of $11.4 million related to the settlement of a trio of lawsuits filed by groups of its employees.

The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that the cases had been set for mediation, but the parties reached a deal on Thursday to settle the claims. The formal settlement of the cases remains subject to court approval.

Robert Half said the employees claimed in the lawsuits that they were owed overtime, interest and other payments for work dating back to September 2000. The company said that while it still believes that it could defend itself against the claims, it determined that a settlement was in the best interest of it and its shareholders.

The Menlo Park, Calif.-based company said that in recent years, it has changed its employment agreements to prevent similar lawsuits in the future.

Combined with a one-time tax expense reduction, Robert Half said it expects the settlement to reduce its second-quarter profit by $8.1 million, or 6 cents per share. Analysts, on average, were expecting the company to report profit of 36 cents per share for the quarter ended June 30, according to FactSet.

Robert Half shares fell 71 cents, or 2.4 percent, to close Friday trading at $28.50. The stock has traded between $19.69 and $32.32 in the past 52 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

shkoda in New York, New York

25 months ago

They are charging 130% markup! This is unbelievable but it's true. They lied to me that they were not making enough on my assignment and couldn't pay me more. The truth is - they are getting form a client more than I am. Unethical, unfair, bad business practices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shkoda in New York, New York

25 months ago

Frankie in San Jose, California said: People, we need to contact our local and national media to expose RHI's American white-collar sweatshop! RHI is abusing its contractors and internal employees big time!

We should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michana in Michigan

24 months ago

I wonder how people can't realize how bad is RH, they have no culture no fairness no honesty in dealing with their people or clients .... all is about money. They are similar to Experis Finance or Jefferson Wells and Kforce, they,ll take you down

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

24 months ago

"............no honesty in dealing with their people or clients .... "
Not honest with its clients? What do you mean?

RH's aggressive sales tactics attract a lot of stupid clients who thought it's the only one who provides quality, high-end candidates, hence justifying the higher-than-normal rates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bean counter in San Jose, California

24 months ago

RH is the worst, its huge profits are derived from the hard work of its own long-suffering employees and contractors...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

APPPP in Four Oaks, North Carolina

15 months ago

Thanks for the warning. I have never worked for them, but I am a candidate. I will say that the recruiters keep changing and I have noticed high turnover in the office itself. In addition, as a candidate, the recruiter thinks it's up to the recruiter to decide how far I should travel to work everyday??? Hello!! It's my gas and my time. When I was in the prescreening process, the girl was nasty and treated me like I was beneath her. In addition, I mentioned that they had my profile screwed up and I think they have combined me with another candidate. There were jobs listed on my profile that I have never worked. They were not concerned with this information...so I will not post my resume information with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina

12 months ago

I went to the Robert Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers. I have been chosen by another company which I had applied to before RH interview. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also. How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something. Thanks for any help in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hasina in Toronto, Ontario

3 months ago

Robert Half Technology sorry to say that It did not get me a job they recur tiers want to know your contact who are looking for work rather than getting job to myself they got me 1 job interview over the phone job for 1 month contract that also not according to my job higher that what I can work and far like spend transportation like 350.00 what a joke and if you apply on their website they will say that job is on hold or not available anymore I have no idea how they work I am planning to complain to BBS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hasina in Toronto, Ontario

3 months ago

time to travel for that job 3 hr to go and 3 hrs to come laalla what a joke What kind of work you all do RHT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jan Yladvik in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

How about alternatives to temping? You DO NOT HAVE TO TEMP even if you are unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bynddrvn in Boston, Massachusetts

13 days ago

I signed up with Accountemps and received a broadcast message for a position requiring a college degree and several years experience - all to earn 10 to $12 an hour?

Why would I work a stressful job for this absurdly low rate when I could just work in a coffee shop and earn the same?

RHI got too greedy and now companies/employees don't want to work with them. My boss told me to look for a temp to fill a position and specifically told me to NOT use RHI or KForce.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.