The mofia has better deals!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Jim in Beachwood, New Jersey

82 months ago

RHI or RHT takes about a 34% commission from your pay. That means they seriously screw over your contratee and you. I may be entry level, but I was placed in a job that needed an experienced person. I barely made it through this job, but I had to rely on my "street smarts". Any company that hires through RHT has serious problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

Once upon a time, a recruiter would take the entire first two weeks of your salary in payment for getting you the position - even if you lasted only three weeks there.

These days, what happens is that you are paid the normal rate and the company is wiling to pay that additional percentage for the agency having sent them someone they can observe before committing to a permanent hire.

Trust me, you are not going to get that additional money even if you go permanent in most cases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

x rober halfer in Greenville, South Carolina

80 months ago

30-35%. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
robert half fets 60-80% more than what they pay you. For instance, if they pay you 15.00 hr, the company is billed 27.50 hr at the least.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

80 months ago

Guide

robert half fets 60-80% more than what they pay you. For instance, if they pay you 15.00 hr, the company is billed 27.50 hr at the least

I was part owner of a small Tampa Bay staffing firm several years ago, so I know how this fits together.

Staffing/Employment firms mark up is usually around 60%, unless it's a higher end position or a time intensive project. If you were being paid $15, that means Robert Half would be billing the client the $15 for your salary plus 60% of that $15, which is $9 per hour. So, they'd be billing around $24 per hour, give or take a little.

Depending on the staffing firm's costs, normally, anywhere from 15-25% of that $9 will be to cover payroll tax costs, worker's comp, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Really? in Rentz, Georgia

80 months ago

So what is the Mafia offering then?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maundy in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

The Mafia pays you the full $27.50 per hour but you gotta pay for your own ammo so it comes out to about the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Warrenville, South Carolina

80 months ago

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: I was part owner of a small Tampa Bay staffing firm several years ago, so I know how this fits together.

Oh now we are back to part owner? Make up your friggin minde Zeke. You can't guide if you are not consistent. People are going to discover that you are not the illustrious staffing professional you claim to be but just a wimp with only a few years experience in business.

You don't know jack about how business works, Zeke boy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Homer Simpson D'oh in Collegeville, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

How much can do they pay in commissions? How is it structured?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

80 months ago

Guide

Charlie in Warrenville, South Carolina said: Oh now we are back to part owner? Make up your friggin minde Zeke. You can't guide if you are not consistent. People are going to discover that you are not the illustrious staffing professional you claim to be but just a wimp with only a few years experience in business.

You don't know jack about how business works, Zeke boy.

Well, I appreciate the vote of "no confidence."
Considering the source....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Buckwheat in Washington, District of Columbia

80 months ago

Jim in Beachwood, New Jersey said: RHI or RHT takes about a 34% commission from your pay. That means they seriously screw over your contratee and you. I may be entry level, but I was placed in a job that needed an experienced person. I barely made it through this job, but I had to rely on my "street smarts". Any company that hires through RHT has serious problems.

Did you have to rely on your spelling? Mofia???, contatee????.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.