fraud

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 80)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

gman in La Puente, California

30 months ago

Sorry this happened to you. But thank you for posting this scam. I was about to make the same mistake. I guess if it's to good to be true, it usually is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Linda G. in Franklin, Massachusetts

24 months ago

RuralCountry2 in Ottawa, Ontario said: Hi

Rec'd same posting in my junk file. The person that sent it was Brian Smith, with a hotmail.com account Thank you.

PS.. Diva C in LA I hope you were able to get your money back.

I received the same scam email from Brian Smith [cjfasel@hotmail.com].

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pat Linton in Charlotte, North Carolina

24 months ago

Liz in Overland Park, Kansas said: I received the same email from Brian Corley (b.corley1@hotmail.com)Almost fell for it!!!

I received the same email and a fedex check from Byron Vu and actually got the check and instructions in my hand for $1,910.
The check says it is from Integrity Title at 220 2nd Avenue East, Alexandria, MN and the bank is Bremer Bank, 720 Broadway, Alexandria, MN

The instructions say to Western Union all but $300 to James Delao, 1201 Ct.St, Pueblo, CO 81002 and explains that the head office of the graphic artist is in CO. Once I acknowledge that I sent the money, a local person will come by to wrap my car.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fish Mom in Huntington Beach, California

23 months ago

Almost took the bait but you know what they sway.."if it sounds too good to be true....
Thanks to all of the above for setting me staight and to ask.com as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nanettes in California

23 months ago

Have you guys reported this to the DOJ and Internet Fraud unit?

www.justice.gov/criminal/fraud/internet/

These people need to be caught so they dont do this to anyone else. They may be forced to pay restitution to those of you that lost money. I dont think Rockstar can do anything for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nanettes in California

23 months ago

the bcorely email belongs to Bill Corley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nanettes in California

23 months ago

Pat Linton in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I received the same email and a fedex check from Byron Vu and actually got the check and instructions in my hand for $1,910.
The check says it is from Integrity Title at 220 2nd Avenue East, Alexandria, MN and the bank is Bremer Bank, 720 Broadway, Alexandria, MN

The instructions say to Western Union all but $300 to James Delao, 1201 Ct.St, Pueblo, CO 81002 and explains that the head office of the graphic artist is in CO. Once I acknowledge that I sent the money, a local person will come by to wrap my car.

Are you sure its not James Delano?

Also the street address is incorrect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nanettes in California

23 months ago

Linda G. in Franklin, Massachusetts said: *************************************************************

I received the same scam email from Brian Smith [cjfasel@hotmail.com].

This email belongs to Craig Fasel

I have a feeling this guy has been hacking email accounts and using them to avoid being identified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat Linton in Charlotte, North Carolina

23 months ago

Ok. I will check. I wrote back when Bryan Vu wrote to ask why my silence since I received the check. I told him my silence was so the fraud squad would have a chance to catch him and his bud. Ha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nanettes in California

23 months ago

Good for you Pat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nanettes in California

23 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jcrawford in Williamstown, Massachusetts

21 months ago

I urge everyone who got ripped off to file a complaint with the Internet Crimes

www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Darilyn in Sulphur, Louisiana

18 months ago

Ok Im getting a email as well, I wanted to inform others to beware. This came from the email address

gregoneil1987@gmail.com and his name is gregory o'neil Gregory Oneil
Here is the scam letter copied and pasted,

JOB OPENING :ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK(R) CAR WRAPS!

Hello,

Wrap advertising is the marketing practice of completely or partially covering (wrapping) a vehicle in an advertisement

or livery, thus turning it into a mobile billboard. This can be achieved by simply painting the vehicle surface, but it

is becoming more common today to use large vinyl sheets as decals. These can be removed with relative ease, making it

much less expensive to change from one advertisement to another. Vehicles with large, flat surfaces, such as buses and

light-rail carriages, are fairly easy to work with, though smaller cars with curved surfaces can also be wrapped in this

manner. Wrap advertising is available to anybody irrespective of the vehicle you drive.

We are currently seeking to employ individuals world wide. How would you like to make money by simply driving your car or

banner wrapped for ROCKSTAR Energy Drink®

How it works?
Here's the basic premise of the "paid to drive" concept: ROCKSTAR Energy Drink® seeks people -- regular citizens,

professional drivers to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only with a big advert for "ROCKSTAR Energy

Drink®" plastered on your car. The ads are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto wraps,"that almost seem to be

painted on the vehicle, and which will cover any portion of your car's exterior surface.

Don't Have a Car?
If you don't have a car, you can also participate if you have a bike
(I couldn't paste it all cause the site won't let me)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nuha jaludi in nort, New Jersey

17 months ago

i received this email from them:
Subject: Re: JOB OPENING :ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK(R) CAR WRAPS!

Hello,
Wrap advertising is the marketing practice of completely or partially covering (wrapping) a vehicle in an advertisement or livery, thus turning it into a mobile billboard. This can be achieved by simply painting the vehicle surface, but it is becoming more common today to use large vinyl sheets as decals. These can be removed with relative ease, making it much less expensive to change from one advertisement to another. Vehicles with large, flat surfaces, such as buses and light-rail carriages, are fairly easy to work with, though smaller cars with curved surfaces can also be wrapped in this manner. Wrap advertising is available to anybody irrespective of the vehicle you drive.
We are currently seeking to employ individuals in the United States of America. How would you like to make money by simply driving your car or banner wrapped for ROCKSTAR Energy Drink®
How it works?
Here's the basic premise of the "paid to drive" concept: ROCKSTAR Energy Drink® seek residents in the United States who are professional drivers to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only with a big advert for "ROCKSTAR Energy Drink®" plastered on your car. The ads are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto wraps,"that almost seem to be painted on the vehicle, and which will cover any portion of your car's exterior surface.
Don't Have a Car?
the emails were sent from these addresses :
1- talented1968@gmail.com
2- kmflowergirl@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nuha jaludi in nort, New Jersey

17 months ago

Nuha jaludi in nort, New Jersey said: i received this email from them:

Hello,
Wrap advertising is the marketing practice of completely or partially covering (wrapping) a vehicle in an advertisement or livery, thus turning it into a mobile billboard. This can be achieved by simply painting the vehicle surface, but it is becoming more common today to use large vinyl sheets as decals. These can be removed with relative ease, making it much less expensive to change from one advertisement to another. Vehicles with large, flat surfaces, such as buses and light-rail carriages, are fairly easy to work with, though smaller cars with curved surfaces can also be wrapped in this manner. Wrap advertising is available to anybody irrespective of the vehicle you drive.
We are currently seeking to employ individuals in the United States of America. How would you like to make money by simply driving your car or banner wrapped for ROCKSTAR Energy Drink®
How it works?
Here's the basic premise of the "paid to drive" concept: ROCKSTAR Energy Drink® seek residents in the United States who are professional drivers to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only with a big advert for "ROCKSTAR Energy Drink®" plastered on your car. The ads are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto wraps,"that almost seem to be painted on the vehicle, and which will cover any portion of your car's exterior surface.
Don't Have a Car?
the emails were sent from these addresses :
1- talented1968@gmail.com
2- kmflowergirl@hotmail.com

AND his name is David Christian

monica in Las Vegas, Nevada

17 months ago

Thank you everyone for your information. I just sent my second email. I knew it was to good to be true. What was the scam? Did they ask for money?
Dominique

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kitty in Miami, Florida

16 months ago

williamgreen17@gmail.com said: I am also another victim. I thought it was real. But now i know it aint.

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 5:55 PM

Thank you for your swift response and your willingness to work with us. To this effect, you are advise to check your email regularly to get updates as to know when your upfront payment will arrive at your address.

1) You will receive a Check as a form of payment. As soon as you get the check, you will cash it for the decal wrapping on your car and deduct $300.00 as your up-front payment. The rest of the funds from that same check should be transferred to the Graphic artist that will wrap the decal on your vehicle. All you need is to confirm the acceptance and understanding of this email.

2) You will make a transfer of the remaining funds to the Graphic artist via wire transfer at an outlet in your area, the Info which you will make the transfer to will be emailed to you soon.

3) We'll like you to confirm Information about your vehicle as below:

i) Type of Car and Color :

ii) Model/Year :

iii) Present Condition and the Mileage:

Note: Please, confirm that you did receive this message so that we can process funds that would be sent to you for the car advert.

All other instructions will be sent out to you asap.

I..............Confirm to have received this email and understand the content.

Best Regards,
David Christian
Hiring Manager,
ROCKSTAR Energy Drink®

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kitty in Miami, Florida

16 months ago

This is the guy that notified me, David Christian, Hiring Manager, Rosckstar Energy Drink. I hear that this is a FRAUD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jcrawford in Bronx, New York

16 months ago

monica in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thank you everyone for your information. I just sent my second email. I knew it was to good to be true. What was the scam? Did they ask for money?
Dominique

They send you a check for payment. They ask that you deposit the check and send some money on to the installer (they provide wire info) and you keep the rest. What happens is you deposit it the bank gives you the money before the check is processed. You remove that money and pay the designer.
The check then bounces and your bank takes that money back from your account and leads to you being ripped off for the money you wired to the designer/installer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

WHAT!!!! in Lake Forest, California

16 months ago

Jcrawford in Bronx, New York said: They send you a check for payment. They ask that you deposit the check and send some money on to the installer (they provide wire info) and you keep the rest. What happens is you deposit it the bank gives you the money before the check is processed. You remove that money and pay the designer .
The check then bounces and your bank takes that money back from your account and leads to you being ripped off for the money you wired to the designer/installer.

What if you have the check in the account, and you never wire it over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jcrawford in Statesboro, Georgia

16 months ago

Ok here's the scenario.

You play his game and get him to send you a check.
You deposit it into your bank account.
The bank accepts the check and puts the money in your account.
The bank processes the check and finds it's fake and they take that money back from your account.

If you don't send the money to this guy then you might get hit with a bank fee for bouncing a check I'm not sure though.

However if during this process you take any of that money out of the account then the bank will still take it back by putting your account into the negative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ginge in Herndon, Virginia

14 months ago

I received this email also from Greg Oneil (vgasnite@outlook.com. I deposited the check this morning for $2350.00. I can't believe I fell for this. I will keep you updated on what happens to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

jcrawford

14 months ago

Ginge,

If you do not withdraw any of that money and send it on to them then you should only get hit with a bounced check fee. If you did take the money out then your bank is going to hold you liable for that amount of money that you withdrew from the account based on the check deposit.

I hope you really did not take the money out and send it on to them for your sake, that's a lot of money to lose..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rt813 in Buffalo, New York

14 months ago

Same idea but using Johnson Controls as the 'company hiring'

MAKE MONEY BY SIMPLY DRIVING YOUR CAR
ADVERTISER WANTED FOR JOHNSON CONTROLS
EARN NOT LESS THAN $300 WEEKLY TO ADVERTISE ON YOUR CAR.

It is Very Easy and Simple
No Application fees required

How it works

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tja Dutchez

14 months ago

OMG! A man named DAVID CHRISTIAN from Rockstar Energy has been contacting me ovmonth now offering to advertise their decal for $300 weekly & woud be paid t out his amount upfront (too good to be true) & to deposit into my account take out my fee & send the remaining $2350 to H. Darlene in Atl. Ga. 30331. I lived there before. So I called CHASE BANK to verify it myself in which they did confirm that its a business account but fund amount cant be verified if Im not a customer of theirs. Walmart couldnt verify it either. I emailed him & got no response yet. I cant believe tgat he did all that to get nothing. No one lost out but truly hate that scammers is offering jobs to ppl who may need it. Slobs!!

Tja Dutchez in Memphis, Tennessee

14 months ago

HAD TO POST ALL DETAILS: Hello Tja,

Information reaching me this morning has it that you will be receiving the check today. The check of $2,350.00 has been sent to you via FedEx with tracking number (************) and it will be delivered to you today.

Kindly proceed and deposit the check into your bank account and funds will be available for withdrawal 24hrs after it has been deposited. I will be waiting for a confirmation message immediately the check is deposited.

As soon as the cash is out you are to deduct $300.00 which is your upfront payment and forward the balance ($2,050.00) to the graphic artist that will be wrapping the decal on your vehicle via Money Gram and they will also be responsible for removing the decal when the program is completed. Please visit www.moneygram.com to check agent location close to you and make transfer through them.

Below is the name of the receiver. Please note that the transfer charges should be deducted from the remaining $2,050. You are to get back to me with the transfer details (Reference Number and the exact amount sent).

Below is the Graphic Artist Money Gram details to send the Money to

Receiver's Information:

Name: H. Darlene Miles

City: Atlanta State: GA Zip Code: 30331

Kindly get back with the information below once the transfer has been completed.

Reference Number & Total Amount Sent

FAQ: Why am I sending money to Georgia? The head office of the graphic artist is in GA.

As soon as payment is acknowledged by them, a local artist in your area will be sent to your address to install the decal wrap on your car. Let me know as soon as the check is deposited today.If you require additional information, do not hesitate to email or call me.

Best regards,

David Christian

Hiring Manager.

PPL LIKE THIS NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT 1 DAY. AMEN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tallinup in Plover, Wisconsin

14 months ago

I have been receiving messages from a David christian abt this scam thing. Today I received a check for $2350. In the email there was a phone number. The phone number is seven oh two six o 5 zero nine 85. I called him a d he said that everybody got screwed over in the past from him is due to the fact that nobody followed the directions. Whatever complete bs. So if u have a problem with it call him and complain. If u know how to turn him in for fraud have at. If u need my info look me up.

grow_tea in Austin, Texas

14 months ago

I read a good piece of advice on uShip.com's blog: to ignore any email correspondence that does not come from a company's official domain name. I noticed in this thread that this David Christian person was sending emails from @gmail.com or @hotmail.com. A legitimate email from Rockstar would have come from their domain @rockstarenergy.com or something similar.

That blog entry can be found here: blog.uship.com/us/2013/01/how-to-avoid-job-application-fraud/

Be careful out there everybody!

Smh in Manteno, Illinois

13 months ago

I have been corresponding with someone from Rock Star Energy by the name of Max Dwayne. So glad that I decided to do some research before I fell for this scam. He just sent me a text today stating that he was apologizing for the delay and that I would hear from him soon. This just stinks to high heaven. I should've known that it sounded too good to be true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Smh in Manteno, Illinois

13 months ago

Smh in Manteno, Illinois said: I have been corresponding with someone from Rock Star Energy by the name of Max Dwayne. So glad that I decided to do some research before I fell for this scam. He just sent me a text today stating that he was apologizing for the delay and that I would hear from him soon. This just stinks to high heaven. I should've known that it sounded too good to be true.

His email address was also a yahoo.es email address which is yahoo in Spain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

I received the email yesterday August 14, 2013. Well the first of three. Then I investigated it on the internet. My email was a google account from gabrielle3o2v from a Hiring Manager,Mrs Morton Tamika (559) area code. The first and second emails actually arrived in my InBox and not my spam. They had me fulled through three emails. Then I received the one about the check and the auto wrapper. Oh that sent off a red light. I cash no checks for anybody. I am not BOFA. I mean everything from the central location of where the email originated to the actual phone number all pointed to this leading to a legitimate business. NOT!!! Like your mother always said. If it is to good to be true it probably is. UGH JD !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan in Mountain Pine, Arkansas

12 months ago

Got the same letter as that but from Gregory O'Neil as the hiring manager and the graphic designer was some Carolyn Winn in Gainsville, GA

I had the same letter and and unwittingly fell for it, what can I do, should the bank seek legal action as it was directed at duping them and I was used like a pawn.. this JUST happened today and want to report it and what to know what SHOULD I do and how to do it.. THIS HAS TO STOP, as it is involving businesses not just individuals and why should we have to pay for it in the end? really, isn't the bank responsible to clear check funds themselves??

What should I do????? can I do anything now?? or is it toooo late :(

Jcrawford in Brooklyn, New York

12 months ago

Jonathan,

It is not your banks responsibility to cover this. It is your account and you are responsible for the checks you deposit. You are not the middle man or pawn you are the one being targeted because you are held responsible for any overdrafts to your account. It's sad that people are being duped by this guy hopefully he gets caught soon. I would report it to your bank IMMEDIATELY maybe they can stop the processing of the check. The other thing you could do if you have already deposited the check is to not take any funds out from that check prior to it bouncing. All you will be liable for at that point is a bounced check fee probably somewhere around $35-$50 depending on your bank. If you have already mailed the money to the designer you are out of luck and will be held liable for those funds.

Hopefully you haven't sent on the money yet.

babynoback2000@yahoo.com in Kahului, Hawaii

12 months ago

If you get a check delivered to you just don't cash it, I had it delivered but never cashed it after the company told me it was a fraud, the guy tried to threaten me saying he'd get me arrested for taking his money. I knew he couldn't do that cause I never do anything with the check. He never bothered me after awhile.
Lesson to be learned! Never fall for something that sounds too good to be true. Or you need to research things before getting into it. Just get jobs where you live never online.

baileyrj77 in Howell, Michigan

12 months ago

gman in La Puente, California said: Sorry this happened to you. But thank you for posting this scam. I was about to make the same mistake. I guess if it's to good to be true, it usually is.

I have the check, the email: copy there of) Fed ex envelope.
And I'm taking to my bank to let them handle it. plus report it to the Fed's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jcrawford in Bronx, New York

12 months ago

Good Luck I hope they catch this person or people!

Judi in Columbus, Ohio

12 months ago

They tried to get me too, but as soon as I got the email about them sending the check I knew it was a scam. They sent me a check for $3000 via the US Postal Service (can we say mail fraud anyone???). My 1st weeks pay was supposed to be $400 & send the rest to an individual in North Carolina. The check was from a Florida Utility company on Wachovia Bank (which is now Wells Fargo so not sure why they didn't get the right Bank name). I have reported this to both the US Postal service and the FBI. According to the tracking number on my letter it was mailed from Puerto Rico.

DSchneck in florence, Oregon

12 months ago

Thank you for your response back concerning the Rock-star
Car Advertisement, your car has been chosen for the advertisement. It
is very easy and simple, no application fees required, this is how it
works; the basic premise of the "paid to drive concept" Rock-star
Energy Drink" seeks people, regular citizens,professional drivers, and
all car owners above eighteen(18) years old,to go about their normal
routine as they usually do, only with an
advertisement for "Rock-star Energy Drink" plastered on their cars.
The advertisements are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto
wraps"that almost seem to be painted on the vehicle, and which will
cover some portion of your car's exterior surface.For sure the owner
of the vehicle will see the art before it is applied.
What does the company gain from this type of advertisement
strategy?Lots of exposure and awareness; the auto wraps tend to be
colorful,eye-catching and attracts lots of attention. Plus, it is a
form of advertising with a captive audience, meaning people who are
stuck in traffic can not take their eyes off the ad vehicle. This
program will last for three(3) months and the minimum period you can
participate is one(1) month.
You will be compensated with three hundred dollars per Week
($300/week), which is essentially a "rental" payment for letting our
company use your car. Rock-star
Energy Drink shall provide Detailers that will handle the advert
placement on your car, these Professional Detailers have been tested
and confirmed perfect for the job in order not to leave any damage on
your car after the end of the program.
There will be no fee for gas since you are not driving to anywhere
else apart from your daily routine.Please provide the following
information so that we can confirm you for this posting and send you
further information;

Full Name:
Make of car/year:
Address:(NOT PO Box)
City:
State:
Zip code:
Do you have a driver's license?
Phone

DSchneck in florence, Oregon

12 months ago

sstreett in Frederick, Maryland said: Yes, Brian Smith (talented1968@gmail.com) also emailed my hotmail account about the car wrapping for $300/week. I thought I smelled a scam, so I googled it. Glad I did!!!

Here is copy/pasted info from his email to me: "You will be compensated with $300.00 per week which is essentially a "rental"payment for letting our company use the space no fee is required from you. ROCKSTAR Energy Drink® shall provide experts that would handle the advert placing on your car. You will receive an upfront payment of $300.00 inform of check via courier service for accepting to carry this advert on your car.
It is very easy and simple no application fees required. Get back with the following details if you are interested in this offer."

I had a very same story.. and they email me after I told them it was a fraud check they said they aren't..etc.. same BS from scammers..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Denver, Colorado

11 months ago

I received the same email from the below address. These guys are low life scum of the earth trying to target people who have fallen on hard times and who are in search of a job. I told him just that and that he might consider actually getting a real job himself.

Ronald Stacey <ronaldstacey57@gmail.com>;

Sabrina in Bullhead City, Arizona

11 months ago

On Friday, October 18, 2013 4:10 AM, gos smith <gossmth01@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for your response. It is very easy and simple, no application
fees required, this is how it works; the basic premise of the "paid to
drive concept" Rockstar Energy Drink" seeks people, regular citizens,
professional drivers, and all car owners above eighteen(18) years old,
to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only with an
advertisement for "Rock star Energy Drink" plastered on their cars.
The advertisements are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto
wraps" that almost seem to be painted on the vehicle, and which will
cover some portion of your car's exterior surface.
What does the company gain from this type of advertisement strategy?
Lots of exposure and awareness; the auto wraps tend to be colorful,
eye-catching and attracts lots of attention. Plus, it is a form of
advertising with a captive audience, meaning people who are stuck in
traffic can not take their eyes off the ad vehicle. This program will
last for three(3) months and the minimum period you can participate is
one(1) month.
You will be compensated with Five hundred dollars per Week
($500/week), which is essentially a "rental" payment for letting our
company use your car. Rockstar Energy Drink shall provide detailers
that will handle the advert placement on your car, these detailers
have been tested and confirmed perfect for the job in order not to
leave any damage on your car after the end of the program.
There will be no fee for gas since you are not driving to anywhere
else apart from your daily routine.
Please provide the following information :

Full Name:
Make of car/year:
Address NOT PO Box)
City:
State:
Zip code:
Do you have a driver's license?
Phone Number(s) mobile and home :
Email Address:

We shall be contacting you as soon as we receive this information,
Rockstar Energy Drink looks forward to working with you.

Hiring Manager.

Judi in Columbus, Ohio

11 months ago

monica in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Thank you everyone for your information. I just sent my second email. I knew it was to good to be true. What was the scam? Did they ask for money?
Dominique

They send you a check for your first week "rental" plus a large additional amount. They want you to deposit the check, then take out all but your portion and send the rest via western union to the "detailer". What will happen is the check will appear to clear, until the company/bank the check is actually written on discovers that the check is not valid, then they will report the check as fraudulent, so your bank will reverse the deposit. If you did what the scammers wanted you to do you are now out whatever the check was for plus bounced check fees from your bank. They sent me a check for $3000, I was supposed to keep $400 & send the rest to the detailer. If I had I would have been out more than $3000, this works on people who are gullible and desperate for money.

Christine in Elkton, Maryland

10 months ago

I just deposited the check this morning they have changed their names now it's a Laura Martinez with a seanbry1982@gmail.com. Now it is $450.00 that they are supposed to give you. When I got the fedex package it state target corporation 7000 target pkwy n Brooklyn park mn. When I looked up that address it comes up to there but then I went on FedEx and it came from a completely different address. I didn't take any of the money out cause my bank has a policy that the check has to clear first. I am a single grandmother with 3 grandchildren that I have to take care of and they wanted to rip me off and take food from my grandbabies are you kidding me. I hope they catch these pieces of crap

Dbergum in Southgate, Michigan

10 months ago

I seen the job ad on craigs list 2 days ago, sent them an email inquiring about this, they havent emailed me back yet. So I thought about it and decided to look this company up and found this site informing about the scam. Checked back at craigs list and sure enough the ad is gone. Anyway i appreciate finding this information so i know up front if they do email me back. Although ive seen other scams like this, I am not that gullible lol

Joseph in Warminster, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

I received almost the exact same email in response to a Craigslist advertisement I posted. This was the second email promising to pay me to promote the Rockstar Energy Drink. Its from

Jessika klein (jessikaklein700@gmail.com)

Thanks for your response. It is very easy and simple, no application fees required, Here’s the basic premise of the “paid to drive”
concept: Rockstar Energy Drink seeks people, regular citizens, professional drivers to go about their normal routine as they usually
do, only with a big advert for “Rockstar Energy Drink” plastered on your car. The ads are typically vinyl decals, also known as “auto
wraps,”that almost seem to be painted on the vehicle, and which will cover any portion of your car’s exterior surface.

Don’t Have a Car? If you don’t have a car, you can also participate if you have a bike.

What does the company get out of this type of ad strategy? Lots of exposure and awareness. The auto wraps tend to be colourful eye-catching and attract lots of attention. Plus, it’s a form of advertising with a captive audience,meaning people who are stuck in traffic can’t avoid seeing the wrapped car alongside them. This program will last for 3 months and the minimum you can participate is a month.

What is the Contract Duration?
Once the wrap has been installed, minimum term is 2 weeks and maximum is 12 weeks.

Would the wrap/decal damage the paint of my car? The decal doesn’t damage the paint of car and will be removed by our representative once the contract expires or at anytime you want to unsubscribe. We will be responsible for installation and removal of the wrap.

Does it cover the whole car? No, the decal is only installed in the car trunk and doors.

etc...

rock star energy drink scam in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

Now its susan maj is the name for the scam these people are ridiculous I wonder what happens if you cash that check at a walmart or something and don't deposit it at all

jcrawford in Bennington, Vermont

9 months ago

Walmart will not cash these checks so have fun trying. If you did get someone to cash this check you would be knowingly committing fraud and would deserve some jail time.

9 months ago

I didnt say I wanted to commit no damn fraud or scam myself I was just saying if they ended up getting scammed instead I am to loyal to even entertain the thought read more into before you judge I think the whole ordeal is messed up is all I was saying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jcrawford in Bennington, Vermont

9 months ago

I was not implying that you were going to do it. I was saying that anyone who did would be knowingly committing fraud. I was never implying that you were going to or judging you at all.

9 months ago

Ok maybe I read too much into your message sorry about that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.