Rolfson Oil, Inc. Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Rolfson Oil, Inc.?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

CaseyW in Minot, North Dakota

9 months ago

Hi,

I had a brief phone interview with an HR person with Rolfson earlier this afternoon. She had left me a message on Saturday shortly after I applied for an HR role, and she indicated in her message that she wanted to set up an interview with me either today (Monday) or Tuesday. I returned her call as soon as I could and left a message indicating that I'd love to set up time to talk about the role and how I would be a good fit for their company.

I recognized the number, so I picked up, eager to speak with the person who'd left me a message over the weekend and ready to talk about when I could come in for an interview. Boy, was I surprised! Not only was their no interview mentioned, but the woman on the other end of the phone took an extremely confrontational tone with me around the fact that I do not have direct HR experience. She barely let me speak but instead told me I'd be a better fit for an entry level dispatcher position that requires only a high school diploma and a clean urine sample.

Some of the questions she didn't listen to my answers to:

"Why are you in North Dakota?"
"What are you doing, just trying to get oil and gas experience?!"
"All you've done is writing, so you don't have any HR experience, do you?"

She was very insistent that I should instead take the dispatcher role because "we need people who can write accurate orders." I her that I applied for the HR position because it interested me, especially the training portion, which I have several years experience in and truly enjoy. But, she kept pushing that dispatcher role, so I told her I was frankly grossly overqualified for that position. She replied by hanging up on me.

Hopefully this can help others!
--Casey W

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

HW in Minot, North Dakota

9 months ago

CaseyW in Minot, North Dakota said: Hi,

I had a brief phone interview with an HR person with Rolfson earlier this afternoon. She had left me a message on Saturday shortly after I applied for an HR role, and she indicated in her message that she wanted to set up an interview with me either today (Monday) or Tuesday. I returned her call as soon as I could and left a message indicating that I'd love to set up time to talk about the role and how I would be a good fit for their company.

I recognized the number, so I picked up, eager to speak with the person who'd left me a message over the weekend and ready to talk about when I could come in for an interview. Boy, was I surprised! Not only was their no interview mentioned, but the woman on the other end of the phone took an extremely confrontational tone with me around the fact that I do not have direct HR experience. She barely let me speak but instead told me I'd be a better fit for an entry level dispatcher position that requires only a high school diploma and a clean urine sample.

Some of the questions she didn't listen to my answers to:

"Why are you in North Dakota?"
"What are you doing, just trying to get oil and gas experience?!"
"All you've done is writing, so you don't have any HR experience, do you?"

She was very insistent that I should instead take the dispatcher role because "we need people who can write accurate orders." I her that I applied for the HR position because it interested me, especially the training portion, which I have several years experience in and truly enjoy. But, she kept pushing that dispatcher role, so I told her I was frankly grossly overqualified for that position. She replied by hanging up on me.

Hopefully this can help others!
--Casey W[/QUOTe

9 months ago

Hi Casey !! I am so glad you took the time to write this. This company to say the very least is shady. I was hired on as dispatch, the H.R. position your speaking of they were doing the interviewing while the person was in the office in front of her. They fired her yesterday afternoon, and she had no idea her job was in jeopardy. I just left a position ( giving my two weeks notice) and went in to this company thinking it held wonderful opportunity, and was let go today after only 4 days. Another gal was let go today as well.( I have found out this is a very large pattern with them, and their hiring practices I am certain will eventually be scrutinized. It is a very unprofessional environment and made me uncomfortable watching. I watched the office manager tickle and grope female employees. This company has huge problems ahead as their hiring practices are absurd and grossly mismanaged. Hope this helps you realize you dodged a bullet !!!!! Hope this helps someone else.

9 months ago

Please beware of this company and it's practices.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.