Rothstein Kass is Actually Awesome

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

allstar2y@hotmail.com in New York, New York

28 months ago

I thought I'd address some things said about Rothstein Kass on these boards and on the internet.

I am currently an Audit Associate 2 in the FS audit group. And let me tell you, it is a great place to work. The work is not conventional work; it's accounting, but it's accounting with a cool twist to it. We work in financial services...hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity. I work mostly with hedge funds, testing the different securities held by clients with assets under management of over $2,000,000,000. We deal with smart people, and get to interact with them starting at my level. I'm not even two years out of college! We work at a place where co-workers aren't just co-workers; they're co-friends. We go out to happy hours and hang out all the time.

This job is great for me because I'm doing something that is challenging, and also making friends and having fun in the process (not to mention, later becoming an accounting guru and making bank in the hedge fund industry). But you don't even need that certain "work hard, play hard" mentality to excel here - you just have to get your work done to the best of the abilities (key word: get it done). There's pretty much no way your job's in danger if you're doing this.

I hope that clears some things up.

Regards,
Associate 2

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

They are shady in Budd Lake, New Jersey

26 months ago

allstar2y@hotmail.com in New York, New York said: I thought I'd address some things said about Rothstein Kass on these boards and on the internet.

I am currently an Audit Associate 2 in the FS audit group. And let me tell you, it is a great place to work. The work is not conventional work; it's accounting , but it's accounting with a cool twist to it. We work in financial services ...hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity. I work mostly with hedge funds, testing the different securities held by clients with assets under management of over $2,000,000,000. We deal with smart people, and get to interact with them starting at my level. I'm not even two years out of college ! We work at a place where co-workers aren't just co-workers; they're co-friends. We go out to happy hours and hang out all the time.

This job is great for me because I'm doing something that is challenging, and also making friends and having fun in the process (not to mention, later becoming an accounting guru and making bank in the hedge fund industry). But you don't even need that certain "work hard, play hard" mentality to excel here - you just have to get your work done to the best of the abilities (key word: get it done). There's pretty much no way your job's in danger if you're doing this.

I hope that clears some things up.

Regards,
Associate 2

Just wait. You'll change your tune.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.