What's the company culture at RR Donnelley?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at RR Donnelley?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at RR Donnelley?

Reply - Report abuse

Good luck-LOL in Anytown

35 months ago

I agree with the posts here. This place has gotten worst and worse over the years, and now they are really destroying the environment. They treat you like a slave and don't treat you with respect at all. It's a real joke. I have never worked for such a dictatorship in my life, or do I recommend anyone with self respect ever work there. It's probably great if you have a cushy job in an ivory tower somewhere, but if you are on the front lines in one of the manufacturing locations you are a liability from the start. If you can't produce gold eggs, and shoot them out your ass, you might as well not work there. One one more thing, a pack of chips has better leadership than the plant I work at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

paulreese in Warrenville, Illinois

14 months ago

WILLARD GHOST in ANYWHERE, Ohio said: 1-OFFICE ENVIRONMENT-CUT THROAT
2-DRESS CODE-ORANGE JUMPER,HAND CUFFS AND OH YEAH STEEL TOE SHOES A REQUIREMENT
DO FOLKS GET TOGETHER YOU ASK- YEAH SALARY ALWAYS GET TOGETHER TO SCREW WITH HOURLY PEOPLE,AND NEVER FOR THE BETTER.
3-A TYPICAL DAY AND LIFE AT DONNELLEYS-FIRST YOU feel like a mushroom kept in the dark and feed you BULL!!!! second-you cant do good enough anymore,if you meet goals you are accused of cheating,so goals are reset out of reach by people wo dont have a clue,who have never printed before,then you get wrote up then steps are takin to fire you.They need to remove the word BENEFITS from thier website because if you call paying $600-700 for horrible insurance a benefit,I have something to sell you because you must have more money than brains.

I hear that you folks get free slushies and play golf in the hallways....sounds horrible...I barely have time to finish my crossword puzzle, let alone play GOLF!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

3DModer in Allentown, Pennsylvania

8 months ago

In an effort to get back onto the actual topic, the best answer to this question is extremely dependent on a number of things. Is the position office, manufacturing, or warehouse? What location is the job. Is it a union plant? Each location has it's strengths and weaknesses, but there's usually a reoccurring pattern.
I'm sure the offices are nice. They're climate controlled, quiet, comfortable, and just about any position in them doesn't really require manual labor. Attire certainly isn't suit and tie, button down and tie at best. Manufacturing requires a decent amount of labor and lifting, and can get dirty at times, so whatever you're comfortable wearing really. Depending on what's produced there, it will most likely be climate controlled to protect the products. There ARE dress codes though, but mostly for little things. Mostly likely will require steel-toe shoes. The warehouse though is the roughest. Typically no climate control (so it WILL get ridiculously hot/cold and humid/dry), hefty amount of manual labor, and usually some really screwy hours.
Because of the type of work it does, work fluctuates a lot, so they have to have a good deal of temp workers; most often those with poor work ethic and that are disrespectful of the facilities.
If you're lucky they might throw an occasional food treat to the employees for some minor accomplishment every couple months. My plant at least does an annual picnic.

I feel though that the actual business practices and treatment of employees are significantly different than the type of 'culture' one might be looking for when asking this question. For that you're probably better off looking up reviews for the location in question, in which case, don't let yourself be fooled by extremely opinionated 5 or 1 star reviews. As far as actual operations though for anyone outside the offices, don't be surprised by nepotism, disorganization, poor equipment, and either ridiculous overtime or an absurd lack of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.