SAIC Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at SAIC?

What do you like best about working at SAIC? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

kaoster in Silver Spring, Maryland

88 months ago

if you like a job that keeps witht the pace of inflation $ wise. Come here!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

xinuan in Newtonville, Massachusetts

77 months ago

If SAIC wants you/ needs you to sell a contract to the government, trust me they will make it worth your while. Once the contract is accomplished it will only be a matter of time before they move someone ( a good old boy) into place and tell you that Fred/Bill/BobbyJoe (FBBJ)will work with you to get everything shipshape. Now FBBJ he don't have a High School degree yet but FBBJ will help you with the nuclear fusion part of the project and SAIC wants FBBJ to add some additional personnel and "let's you all get this darn thing ramped quick up ya hear". This happened to a friend of mine. He won the contract for SAIC and has a Bachelors and TWO Master's degrees. His new SAIC boss came in with no previous knowledge or experience and a High School degree for a job where the Governmnet had previously specified THEY wanted a COLLEGE Degree. When my friend complained SAIC demoted him and threatened him with the loss of his job. Anybody from the EEOC listening?? .... Not really... because EEOC violations at SAIC are common but seldom reported... Because ....Yes, you will get fired for complaining. Women are you listening??!! SAIC Hires a lot of ex-military types. They do bring some biases into the corporate culture. Honestly,, This is a company to avoid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Telly1010 in Miami, Florida

70 months ago

Wow, you sound very bitter... Lost a job to someone else?? People forget that sometime that MILITARY training is worth more than those degrees, because they know what to do! They maybe was doing the same thing in the military, so its a natural fit. Or maybe they other things like a security clearance..while u dont

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

Davyboyorr in Memphis, Tennessee

57 months ago

I happen to agree with Xinuan here. The good ol’ boy network is bad for any program. The results are always the same. Good ol’ boy, retiree E-19 with 3 degrees, comes in, rises to "management" in a matter of months and wreaks havoc everywhere he goes. Funny thing is, he speaks and writes at the 6th grade level. This is because he basically does not know what he is doing. Everyone knows this, including him. Thus, having no credibility, he attempts to establish some by implementing all of his newly devised “I’m going to re-shape this program” schemes. This just results in driving all the qualified people to seek jobs elsewhere. There is nothing wrong with hiring ex-military. In fact, many ex-military bring a lot to the table. In the real world though, where you don’t have a college educated E-4 to write all your memos, you should at least have a 12th Grade education before being placed in a management position at a multi-million or billion dollar corporation. This is where the good ol’ boy system fails. These ex-military retirees claim to have all this experience and education and their resumes probably look outstanding. Truth be told though, many of them could not lead their way out of a wet paper bag and are simply products of a status quo environment. Sorry if that hurts some feelings out there, but I’ve seen this first hand in the military, the civilian world and the contracting world. So, all in all, if you plan on working at one of these companies, on one of these contracts, that pays big bucks, just realize what you are getting into. These high paying gigs attract a lot of people. Some of these people are qualified, and some have flat out fudged their resumes and BS’d their way in. Some, of course, networked their way in on the good ol’ boy train. Either way, when the dude gets on the ground and is in place, he ends up either being a good dude for the position or a total POS. I’d say the ratio is 80/20 - good dude/POS. It’s that 20% that tends to really throw a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joe K. in Bronx, New York

47 months ago

I can only speak for the facility in Alabama. You can give it a try, but I don't think you'll be happy there. What Davyboyorr in Memphis wrote about SAIC, I found to be the case in Anniston where -- in my humble opinion -- a Theory X dominates. It's a pure command and control environment. Like a mistreated horse, be prepared to be ridden hard and put away wet. When you're too mentally burned out or too physically weak to perform, you may quit or be encouraged to resign. Once out the door, based on my experience, most culled-out employees quickly see they're better off. If you like more than the usual amount of politics at work, gamesmanship, throwing colleagues under the bus, working many uncompensated hours and following orders, you'll do just fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Minottx in Bedford, Massachusetts

15 months ago

Telly1010 in Miami, Florida said: Wow, you sound very bitter... Lost a job to someone else?? People forget that sometime that MILITARY training is worth more than those degrees, because they know what to do! They maybe was doing the same thing in the military, so its a natural fit. Or maybe they other things like a security clearance..while u dont

The friend with a bachelors and two masters WAS ex-military and Top Secret.....My point was that you Can be highly qualified and trained but SAIC is a good old boys network...... If you do not fit into that violent and abusive ethic.... You don't fit in!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Minottx in Bedford, Massachusetts

14 months ago

Telly1010 in Miami, Florida said: Wow, you sound very bitter... Lost a job to someone else?? People forget that sometime that MILITARY training is worth more than those degrees, because they know what to do! They maybe was doing the same thing in the military, so its a natural fit. Or maybe they other things like a security clearance..while u dont

Just giving you some good advice based on my experience working within the hostile work environment that they permitted. They think of themselves as CIA spelled backwards...plausible deniability. You are not even number with them...fore warned ...now you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

jones in Jacksonville, Florida

13 months ago

Really Terry? I want to believe that but people all over and on TV are always saying that the government can't do anything right. So logically how can they be training their people right? Now don't get me wrong I myself respect the military and have worked with some fantastic gov people but I remain confused at the dichotomy. Either the government is bad ie. military training included or it trains the best people in a field. It just can't be both ways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dani in Fort Worth, Texas

1 month ago

Can anyone speak to the benefits? I am wondering things like....

401k-is there a vesting period, if so what is it? What is the company match like?
Do they pay for tuition/ are there maximums per employee or annual?
What is the typical range of merit increases?
How many weeks of vacation do you get?
Any other interesting perks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.