Why are they always looking?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Curious? in San Diego, California

86 months ago

Anyone know why they FOREVER are looking for new Payroll professionals? Do they burn them out? What's the deal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Philomont, Virginia

86 months ago

Because people retire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Curious? in San Diego, California

86 months ago

Over and over again? The same department?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Trabuco Canyon, California

85 months ago

As far as I know, they haven't found a qualified candidate yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in La Jolla, California

84 months ago

Because when you work for payroll you are working on overhead not on a contract. When you work on overhead at SAIC you are always in danger of getting laid off. Plus, some of the managers that manage in Corporate are the worst to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Claire in San Diego, California

83 months ago

John in La Jolla, California said: Because when you work for payroll you are working on overhead not on a contract. When you work on overhead at SAIC you are always in danger of getting laid off. Plus, some of the managers that manage in Corporate are the worst to work for.

Are you still at SAIC or elsewhere?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Claire in San Diego, California

83 months ago

Curious? in San Diego, California said: Anyone know why they FOREVER are looking for new Payroll professionals? Do they burn them out? What's the deal?

My experience is what the employer initially tells you in your interview is not really the scope of your responsibilities and duties; much more on your plate than you expected and very little training in their SOP but expected to do the job, effectively. Another consideration is if you are the only one doing the full-cycle you are limited on how much vacation you can take at one time if there is no one else who can successfully do your job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

xinuan in Newtonville, Massachusetts

75 months ago

SAIC uses says they have approx 44,000 employees. SAIC never says there are approx 100,000 ex employees. Check with someone that has been recently hired. Ask them what their employee number is? I'll bet it's above 150,000.
I was hire in 2001 and my employee number was 100,xxx. What does that mean?
High Turnover!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.