How to get a job at SAIC.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 64 of 64)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Michigan, US in Lake Zurich, Illinois

45 months ago

KR in Providence, Rhode Island said: A couple weeks ago I received an email requesting I fill out 3 forms online for an employment position. I completed it right away. Seeing the recruiter did not request I respond to his email, I waited 2 days before I responded to the recruiter. I basically stated that I completed the applications. I did not get a response. I waited another 2 days and emailed for a status and still received nothing. Is this normal? Should I assume I am no longer being considered? I would love to be employed for this company, but I do not want to put my hopes into this either. Please advise. Anyone ! !

Did you ever end up hearing anything? I had the same thing happen and have been waiting for a few weeks now. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Another Week in Carol Stream, Illinois

45 months ago

I have not heard anything from them and I have been talking to them for awhile.
I received a few phone calls from them about interviews. They said to contact them if I didn't hear anything from the interviewer and was given a date and time.
No call. Tried contacting the recruiter by e-mail and phone. Nothing... I'm pretty disappointed.
The least they could have done was sent a quick email with an explanation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

graham wa in kuwait in Kuwait, Kuwait

45 months ago

U.S. in Kuwait, Kuwait said: Hi all I thought I had an in with them they had a job fair here in Kuwait but we stood outside no water, no shade and no seats.
When we got into the room they told us their dept. and ask us to tell a little about our self’s.
They told me there was nothing in Iraq and I just the night before applied.
So to get a job with these guys I do not know?[/QUOTE

I agree, just moved to kuwait three months ago and i have been applying for this company with no response back,i guess you need to know a contact or a recruiter to get a shot for a interview .anybody knows any contact inside !!!!

appreciate all the help.

mike in Kuwait, Kuwait

45 months ago

Hey I stood out there to only to be told nothing also. I am in Kuwait also and yes you do need to know someone

Want this job in Warner Robins, Georgia

44 months ago

HIRED in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: If you have not been referred by an employee, either former or current, or an agency I may be able to assist you. Only if the above is true.

hi! can you email me, elyse.j.ward@gmail.com. i have a few questions. thanks

graham wa in kuwait in Kuwait, Kuwait

44 months ago

where are they located in kuwait or does anybody got thier ohone # ?!

Badboy in Dayton, Ohio

42 months ago

I have worked in military government contracting for about 15 years and the negative comments described are correct. Many companies go resume hunting for future contacts, contract funding may be unexpectedly cut (especially now with the onus on DOD funding cuts coming up), and it seems that certifications and personal contacts are more important than actual knowledge. I have never had a difficult technical interview with ANY company working on a military contract while I have been grilled and probed with technical questions when interviewing with a private concern. All they ask is for your general experience with a specific technology not if you are any good or really knowledgeable. But then again you are working for the government!! I just had an interview with SAIC by way of a recruiter and I know that the funding is available based on an insider contact that is familiar with what is happening at the facility. I also met all there security clearance and certification requirements so that helps too.

Still, SAIC's contract on the job ends in 18 months so I could be without a job at the end if SAIC loses the contract and the replacement company wants to use their own people for the job. I have worked for 6 different companies for the last 15 years and have had it. I'm going private and you should too. The only drawback is the pay is less and you'll work harder, but at least you will not be constantly rotated onto a new contract or company thereby losing all accrued 401K benefits, vacation, and tenure. If you can stay at the same company on a military contact, great! The pay is great and the jobs are not usually very challenging AKA they are a piece of cake. But in my experience and others I know who work on contracts, be prepared to change companies frequently. Then again, you may be lucky and have a 30 year career with Lockheed, or Northrop, or SAIC, but don't count on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Phantom Sr. in Waterloo, Illinois

42 months ago

I quit SAIC two years ago, because the contract I was assigned to was coming to an end. I found a job with another company two months before the contract expired. The program manager was very upset about me leaving the company; he told me not to bother applying with SAIC in the future. So, even if you give two weeks notice, you may be put on their "black list"! I would love to give this person's name, but I don't want to be a defendant in a lawsuit!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Greenville, North Carolina

42 months ago

I held a TS(SCI) clearance from 05-10 while in the Navy, and have since gone to college and have a BS in Geography and GIS. I have applied to many jobs that I feel I am more than qualified for, but have yet to hear back. Anyone have any advice as to who to contact to get an interview?

SAIC-FL in Fort Walton, Florida

41 months ago

I’ve been working for SAIC for more than a decade. I’ve risen through the ranks along with several of the folks I began working with years ago and am responsible for hiring employees to support several contracts. As such, I can provide a little insight to the hiring process and hopefully relieve a little of the stress noted on the page. First off, SAIC is involved in everything from medical care, to environmental management, to domestic emergency response. We are not just a “Defense Contractor”. However we do focus on contracting our services to the US Government.

As a Contractor, we have to “bid” on upcoming work (or contracts) for the Government. To bid on the work, we must demonstrate an ability to qualify for the type services requested at a reasonable price. Our hiring practices are governed by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and salaries are based on specific qualifications and geographic influences on the labor pool. However, just as everyone does not drive a Bentley, I often cannot afford to select the most qualified candidate and pay them “what they are worth” (based on their qualifications) when an entry level candidate is what the contract value will support, and what’s “good enough” for the customer.

More often than not, our win rate, or how often we win contracts we bid on, is less than 50%. Meaning that most of the positions we advertise for (as contingent) will never really materialize. Nevertheless, I will say with firm conviction, that when we use your resume to demonstrate our qualifications to our customer, we most always hire that person for the job if we can negotiate a salary that can be supported by the contract value. I am not sure what myths are being spread, but the customers (Government) do not like bait-n-switch anymore than employees/candidates do. Therefore, there are few if any advantages to submitting one candidate’s resume for the proposal and hiring someone else for the job.

I am also not aware of

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John in Riverside, New Jersey

37 months ago

Hello, is it true that you have to know someone that works there to better your chances of employment? If so can I reference you as an associate of mine? Im am trying to obtain an entry level software development position.

Photojen in North Charleston, South Carolina

27 months ago

I would like nothing better than to work for SAIC in the Charleston, SC area. My 21 years in the Air Force have instilled discipline, teamwork, a sense of pride in doing my job well, and a sincere desire to make a difference. I'm best suited for administrative, office support, and anything in the media fields. I have been trying for months. I will keep plugging away because I am that determined, but it can get a bit frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Minottx in Bedford, Massachusetts

24 months ago

SAIC-FL in Fort Walton, Florida said: I’ve been working for SAIC for more than a decade. I’ve risen through the ranks along with several of the folks I began working with years ago and am responsible for hiring employees to support several contracts . As such, I can provide a little insight to the hiring process and hopefully relieve a little of the stress noted on the page. First off, SAIC is involved in everything from medical care, to environmental management, to domestic emergency response. We are not just a “Defense Contractor”. However we do focus on contracting our services to the US Government .

As a Contractor, we have to “bid” on upcoming work (or contracts) for the Government. To bid on the work, we must demonstrate an ability to qualify for the type services requested at a reasonable price. Our hiring practices are governed by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and salaries are based on specific qualifications and geographic influences on the labor pool. However, just as everyone does not drive a Bentley, I often cannot afford to select the most qualified candidate and pay them “what they are worth” (based on their qualifications) when an entry level candidate is what the contract value will support, and what’s “good enough” for the customer .

More often than not, our win rate, or how often we win contracts we bid on, is less than 50%. Meaning that most of the positions we advertise for (as contingent) will never really materialize. Nevertheless, I will say with firm conviction, that when we use your resume to demonstrate our qualifications to our customer, we most always hire that person for the job if we can negotiate a salary that can be supported by the contract value. I am not sure what myths are being spread, but the customers (Government) do not like bait-n-switch anymore than employees/candidates do. Therefore, there are few if any advantages to submitting one candidate’s resume for the proposal and hiring someone else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Minottx in Bedford, Massachusetts

24 months ago

That explains why SAIC had what I call " low cost knock-offs" on the MHS TIMPO contract in San Antonio TX?! Problem employees fired by other Contractors willing to harass the hard working new hires at TIMPO...... The "knockoffs" had embellished resumes, did nothing all day worked for less dollars, allowed SAIC to make their exorbitant profit and then harassed the hard working other employees..... This is the SAIC contract business model....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.