SYSCO Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at SYSCO?

What do you like best about working at SYSCO? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Chrisanna Gardner in Andover, Minnesota

71 months ago

okay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nmatt in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Tom in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Thats the problem I hear with them now, they are not the cheapest but still make huge demands, like minimum orders, fuel charges, and I also heard they have increased the point at where Sales people make money to a really high number. It's still a great Company and I miss working for them at times.

Hi. I just applied for a Sales Assoc. position in the Pittsburgh area. Before interviewing, I'd like to get a better idea of base salary, typical hours, etc. I have a lot of sales experience, so I know that no sales job is "easy"...I just want to make sure that its a good place to make some money. Any thoughts??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

JASales in Claremont, New Hampshire

69 months ago

nmatt in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hi. I just applied for a Sales Assoc. position in the Pittsburgh area. Before interviewing, I'd like to get a better idea of base salary, typical hours, etc. I have a lot of sales experience, so I know that no sales job is "easy"...I just want to make sure that its a good place to make some money. Any thoughts??

Most Sysco OpCos no longer put their MA's on 100% commission program. This is a thing of the past. You should expect a 28-35k/year base. But with the incentive program you can make much more than that. You also have the chance to earn trips, AmEx gift cards and other prizes. Sysco might not have the "cheapest" prices on everything but they are pretty competitive in most areas. Sysco provides much more than just food. They provide a service. Anyone can go out and sell on price. Sysco will train you to go out and sell on "value". Expect 40-50 hours per week depending on how much driving/walking you'll need to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nmatt in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Thanks for your response. I've been doing some research and it looked like a base closer to 40K or a bit more, so I was hopeful that it was a bit higher. Any idea what a realistic first year is? Any round about idea would be great. Assuming 40+ hrs week/plus weekend hrs as necessary. Thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

nmatt in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Thanks for your response. I've been doing some research and it looked like a base closer to 40K or a bit more, so I was hopeful that it was a bit higher. Any idea what a realistic first year is? Any round about idea would be great. Assuming 40+ hrs week/plus weekend hrs as necessary. Thanks again

It really depends on a lot of factors. But somewhere around 50-55k. Could be more or less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

JASales in Claremont, New Hampshire said: It really depends on a lot of factors. But somewhere around 50-55k. Could be more or less.

Also, you may need to work on Sundays if you have customers that get Monday deliveries. But you do it from home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

molocolo in Walla Walla, Washington

61 months ago

What's the culture like at Sysco? I'm aware there are variables due to geographic locations and management but, a general overall feel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

GunGirl

58 months ago

nmatt in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Thanks for your response. I've been doing some research and it looked like a base closer to 40K or a bit more, so I was hopeful that it was a bit higher. Any idea what a realistic first year is? Any round about idea would be great. Assuming 40+ hrs week/plus weekend hrs as necessary. Thanks again

I'm considering applying with SYSCO also, just wondering if you ended up accepting a job with them or not and of course if you did how do you like it???? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mandypd in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

56 months ago

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for sysco to hire you. I already had my phone interview and I went on my second interview a over a week ago. I know the next step is HR. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

MGuendling in New Lenox, Illinois

56 months ago

Does any body have tips on the interview. I hear there is a roleplay exercise, where I need to sell product into a fake cafe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.