Reapplying to Safeway?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

crystalshelves in San Francisco, California

78 months ago

I know by posting this most of you are going to create a petition to crucify me, but I am thinking of reapplying to Safeway. I worked there as a courtesy clerk in 2006, from July until the end of December. I am doing this because there is just no where else to work in the town I live in. My question is, would they hire me back? And also, I was just on the verge of a raise, a mere pathetic .50 cent raise. I needed about 50 more hours or so until I reached it, and I'm wondering if my hours from my previous employment would as well be reinstated? Meaning would I continue from the amount of hours where I left off, thus in 50 hours I would receive a raise. Would this happen? Or would I start over new? All help is appreciated, and any helpful words of wisdom to NOT do this or to GO for it is appreciated as well :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DaVon Thompson in Washington, District of Columbia

76 months ago

Hello My name is DaVon Thompson, I'am looking for employment within your company, I'am high school gurate looking for a parttime positionas cashier, stocking clerk assist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Fresno, California

74 months ago

Unfortunately, if you go back, you will start all over again. Too much time has passed. I cannot tell you if they would re hire you since that all depends on the terms on which you left. Did you give notice?
If you are just looking for a little PT job than it might be ok to go back. But if you are looking for advancement, I say nay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

khutty in San Jose, California

73 months ago

Safeway union questions?
I am new employee in safeway. I have a question regarding their union... Is it automatically deduct in your paycheck? or should I fill up something first?

Thanx..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.