Safeway New contract

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

baker50 in Annandale, Virginia

78 months ago

Hello

i been working for safeway for 6 months now , i am just wondering , when they are going to pay me 1.5 on sundays ? now i get a dollar extra on sundays ?
anybody can help me please ? i been asking everybody at safeway , websites , phone calls , and got nothing
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

The Rooster in El Paso, Texas

78 months ago

baker50 in Annandale, Virginia said: Hello

i been working for safeway for 6 months now , i am just wondering , when they are going to pay me 1.5 on sundays ? now i get a dollar extra on sundays ?
anybody can help me please ? i been asking everybody at safeway , websites , phone calls , and got nothing
Thanks

If they havent already started to, they probably wont. Safeway is not known for its great wages and fairness to its employees. A friend of mine works on night crews and last year safeway wanted to pay him less than what he he was making elsewhere 10 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

crystalshelves in San Francisco, California

78 months ago

This is why you have a UNION. If you are being treated unfairly in any way, all you have to do is go to the union and they will fix things for you. That 20-30 bucks a month you pay isn't going to just anything. Complain to your union, assuming you do have a union.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Fresno, California

74 months ago

It all depends on your union contract, and Im guessing it isnt time and a half anymore, its now time and a third.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Hemp

74 months ago

Look up in your contract book.Our local union rule is talk to your store manager first thing .If they do not get back to you then talk to your union Rep !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

khutty in San Jose, California

73 months ago

Safeway union questions?
I am new employee in safeway. I have a question regarding their union... Is it automatically deduct in your paycheck? or should I fill up something first?

Thanx..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Hemp

73 months ago

khutty in San Jose, California said: Safeway union questions?
I am new employee in safeway. I have a question regarding their union... Is it automatically deduct in your paycheck? or should I fill up something first?

Thanx..

I think you have to file something out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mikey in Germantown, Maryland

73 months ago

baker50 in Annandale, Virginia said: Hello

Thanks

i've been working at safeway for over 6 years. time and a half for employees hired after march 2004 doesnt come for a long time unfortunatley. every year or something to that effect, you get more time added on to what you make on sundays. if i remember correctly, you have to work at safeway for 5 years before you can get time and a half. it sucks, but thats what they came up with four years ago.

Jeff Hemp

73 months ago

You sould look under your union contract .

Steve in Bullhead City, Arizona

14 months ago

crystalshelves in San Francisco, California said: This is why you have a UNION. If you are being treated unfairly in any way, all you have to do is go to the union and they will fix things for you. That 20-30 bucks a month you pay isn't going to just anything. Complain to your union, assuming you do have a union.

THE UNION IS A JOKE !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.