So I got suspended and HR still hasn't called me back yet

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Safeway Employee in Alexandria, Virginia

65 months ago

I was suspended pending an investigation. So I had my interview with the investigator at the beginning of January. He told me that HR would call me with the decision within 4 weeks. Now its been 8 weeks and they still haven't called me back. I'm still on the schedule if that means anything. I called the store manager and he told me they haven't told him anything. Can they just fire you without ever telling you? What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Welllll........maybe you should start looking for another job. Also apply for unemployment benefits.

Displaced: He or she didn't say why he or she was suspended. We don't know the whole story. He or she could file for unemployment, but then they would have to investigate it and find out why he got susspended.

I don't know about the unemployment laws there in Virginia. But here in Pennsylvania, you cannot collect unemployment if you were fired for willful misconduct, if you're self-employed, if you quit your job without a necessary and compelling reason, if you refuse to accept a offer of suitable, you're not available to work, or refuse to apply for suitable work. If they deny you benefits, then you can file an appeal.

I also believe that Pennsylvania is an at-will state too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

donna0924 in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Safeway Employee in Alexandria, Virginia said: I was suspended pending an investigation. So I had my interview with the investigator at the beginning of January. He told me that HR would call me with the decision within 4 weeks. Now its been 8 weeks and they still haven't called me back. I'm still on the schedule if that means anything. I called the store manager and he told me they haven't told him anything. Can they just fire you without ever telling you? What should I do?

What were you suspended for? I would think if they planned to fire you they would have told you by now. Are you still being paid a salary by the company? If not, you better file for Unemployment Benefits. I would show up at the company and demand an explanation as to what is going on. This way you know what your next move is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Safeway Employee in Richmond, Virginia

65 months ago

I was thinking about getting the District Manager Involved. Do you guys think he/she can do anything for me? If so how do I get in contact?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Safeway Employee in Richmond, Virginia

65 months ago

That Human Resources adviser finally picked up the phone. She told me my case is in the final stage and I should get a decision soon. Wish me luck guys!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tanya in Indianapolis, Indiana

5 months ago

Safeway Employee in Richmond, Virginia said: That Human Resources adviser finally picked up the phone. She told me my case is in the final stage and I should get a decision soon. Wish me luck guys!!!!!

What happen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tashara in Orlando, Florida

1 month ago

Hi I been working for a mounth to this hotel and the managers been telling me i been cleaning the rooms very good now today o get send to the office that the head manager telling me i am 85% on cleaning my room how did i get up to 95% in the room and now they suspend me because i was 85% in one day and now the head manager telling me HR would call you what do that mean anybody can tell me and then she took my job id

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.