Typical of Safeway management? Insights, please.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jeney pribyl in santa rosa, California

76 months ago

My son has been trying to get a job at Safeway for almost 6 months. Three days a week, for three weeks straight, he went in at the store manager's request only to be told each time to "come back on ______" each time. The reasons ranged from their computers being down, to a surprise meeting. Finally, the store manager showed up for the interview, but because it had been SO LONG since my son first applied, his application expired.

A few times, my son has gotten there at the scheduled time only to find that the manager wasn't even there. Twice, the manager has asked him to come in right then, and five minutes later (if that), my son arrives to find the manager has left.

Today was the most recent time this has happened. Arrived ten minutes early for his interview, and was told to come back tomorrow, because of a "surprise meeting" the manager had to attend.

Is this typical for Safeway? I've never heard of this happening. It makes me feel like the manager is just messing with my son, but I'm not That Mom who is going to call on my son's behalf - making him look like a child and me like an overbearing stage mom.

Any suggestions, advice or insights?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Hemp

75 months ago

Well I would maybe looking into the issure .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Fresno, California

74 months ago

jeney pribyl in santa rosa, California said: My son has been trying to get a job at Safeway for almost 6 months. Three days a week, for three weeks straight, he went in at the store manager's request only to be told each time to "come back on ______" each time. The reasons ranged from their computers being down, to a surprise meeting. Finally, the store manager showed up for the interview, but because it had been SO LONG since my son first applied, his application expired.

A few times, my son has gotten there at the scheduled time only to find that the manager wasn't even there. Twice, the manager has asked him to come in right then, and five minutes later (if that), my son arrives to find the manager has left.

Today was the most recent time this has happened. Arrived ten minutes early for his interview, and was told to come back tomorrow, because of a "surprise meeting" the manager had to attend.

Is this typical for Safeway? I've never heard of this happening. It makes me feel like the manager is just messing with my son, but I'm not That Mom who is going to call on my son's behalf - making him look like a child and me like an overbearing stage mom.

Any suggestions, advice or insights?

I would suggest asking for the name of the stores' district manager. It seems that your son is getting the run around for some reason, as my son did but he wasnt put off as long as your son. If he has all but given up hope there, find out who the district manager is or contact corporate and complain about the mistreatment of your son, and he isnt even employed there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.