Why does it seem like Human Resources is trying to ignore me???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Safeway Employee in Richmond, Virginia

48 months ago

I always call about my job status and no one ever picks up. Except for one time when she finally picked up the phone. She told me that I wasn't fired and my case was on the last step. Well it's been three weeks and still haven't gotten a reply. So I kept calling her and she finally picked up again. This time she told me she was on another and she will call me back and she never did. I really need my job to pay bills and this getting real frustrating, what can I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

No thats bull shixt, why did they lie to me than. When I asked her I said, "Am I fired" she said "no". If she had told me that I was fired, I would of just moved on. But, shed didn't and now she's trying to ignore me. She's the primary person in charge of this, so it's no like she misunderstood something. Lastly I didn't do what I was accused of doing. I have to pay bills and it's not easy finding another job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

First of all I just want to thank you for replying. Why a letter though? I've already sent her emails and she doesn't reply. It really pisses me off that she can just tell me that i'm fired and I can move on. The fact that she doesn't do that gives me hope and anxiety as well. Also how can I attain the address to this lady?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Thanks for the advice bro, I just have one question. By law don't they have to call you or send you a letter of your termination? How am I supposed to know what happened?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

48 months ago

I'm inclined to think they are "getting rid of you." I think they will fairly soon send you a letter saying they have had no contact from you, and therefore, you have chosen to leave their employment.

And you will have no documentation. You will not get unemployment benefits. Send the certified letter. Therefore, you have documentation. They can't say they didn't hear from you and you quit. Send the letter SOON, before they get the chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

You do have e-mails for documentation. That will help in case they say you quit and deny you unemployment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

It's seems that both of you (displaced and Mary) believe I have been terminated. One thing I forgot to mention was that I talked to the store manager before talking to the HR lady. The store manger told me considering how long its been you prob. are not coming back. Then he went on to say that if you want to confirm this call HR. So I did call the HR advisor who is handling my case. After I told her what my manger said, she historically said, "He shouldn't have said that and you are not fired". Well if she had told me right than and their the same thing my manger told me, I would of moved on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Well the last day I went to work, I was called to the managers office. She gave me a document stating I had been suspended pending an investigation. Also, I'm actually still on the schedule at Safeway. Plus I wasn't the only one suspended, their were two others also. One of which is not on the schedule anymore. Trust me i'm looking for another job, it's just hasn't been going well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

And also bro can you clarify the step by step process for the letter. Call me stupid but, I'm only 20 and have never had to do something like this before.

48 months ago

Just what were you suspended for?

What I really think they are trying to do is say you quit, therefore, no unemployment.

48 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Just what were you suspended for?

What I really think they are trying to do is say you quit, therefore, no unemployment.

I got suspended for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Two other idiots vandalized a customers car and I was caught on camera near them looking real suspicious. Well as furious I am about this, they at least told the truth. They told the investigator I had nothing to do with it. But I guess they still have suspicion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

How in the hell can you look real suspicious when you had no knowledtge of what was going on and you had nothing to do with it? Did you look like you were on lookout?

If they have already told the investigator you had nothing to do with it, and Safeway has you on video "looking suspicious", then waht Safeway is going to do is say because of the video, they believe you were a part of it, although no charges have been brought against you, and they are going to give you the choice of either quitting (where you lose unemployment), or they are going to keep this situation going, then send you a letter giving background about the situation, you were indefinitely suspented, they haven't heard from you, and they will take your silence as you quit.

Keep in mind, if the other two said you had nothing to do with it, and Safeway terminates you, you are entitled to unemployment.

cont

48 months ago

What I would put in the letter is

background, on such date and time, was suspended by X because of X situation. Was told an investigagion was ongoing regarding X situation.

Employees X and X advised I had nothing to do with the breakin. I have been told I was caught on video looking suspicious. I have not seen the video, so I cannot comment. I was out at such place at the time because I was doing X in the course and scope of my employment.

It has been X days from the suspension to date. I have made repeated attempts to speak to X regarding my employment. At this time I hereby request in writing my employment status. If I have not been terminated, I would like a date to return to work. If I have been terminated, reasons why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I don't want to go into too much detail because I may regret it. Honestly I understand why they would think I was involved. Hence the reason why I said "I was in the wrong place at the wrong time". Unless they actually had tape of me doing it, they would have to rely on witnesses.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.