Working at Safeway HQ and Call Center

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

UsurpMbak in Tucson, Arizona

72 months ago

The following is true. I worked in their Call Center handling emails, letters and Card Accounts. It was THE worst job I ever had. Safeway Mgmt. engaged in threats, cajoling, and gross intimidation of highly educated male employees (like myself) in order to speed up "production". Our minority Team Leads couldn't even spell common words or make proper policy decisions. Our email replies consisted of parroting silly pre-approved sentences. The Center Mgr. was a figurehead; the real power was "Eric" a young U of AZ graduate and his dumb male colleague. Both had much to learn about people skills & engaging in retaliation against previously loyal employees. I resigned rather than put up with inflated egos & their craven backing of really foul and abusive Safeway customers. We were expected to just sit & take it (flaming email attacks and filthy phone calls) from some rich, spoiled, suburbanite in Palm Springs demanding more discount coupons than was due. Unless you work under the Union contract; don't work for them - period. Especially stay away from Corporate HQ and the Call Centers. What was your experience like at Safeway?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.