safeway bagger uniform???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Casharmy2k in SC, California

80 months ago

What is the safeway bagger uniform? What do the males have to where? shirt tucked in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Casharmy2k in SC, California

80 months ago

Also if you are a full time bagger do you full health benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Fresno, California

80 months ago

The courtesy clerk uniform is clean shaven, no piercings or earrings (for guys), black pants, black shoes and either a white button down shirt or the olive colored shirt, either must be tucked in.
BTW, there is no such thing as full time baggers. The grocery buisness is not what it used to be. ALmost noone is considered FT anymore, even those luck enough to get 40 hours, like myself. I am still considered PT even though Ive been getting 40 for over 2 years.

You dont have to be FT to get benes. Depending on your locals' union contract, you would typically get benes after 6 months. 3 different levels of health benes, newcomers getting the lowest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Causticcharge in Vancouver, Washington

65 months ago

I have found that the union is very helpful for my job as a courtesy clerk (bagger) and although there are union dues of 26 dollars a month for me, and a starting pay of 50 dollars, I hardly notice it out my paycheck. It's true that there aren't really full time baggers because of the fact that safeway hires so many, and the hours are limited depending on who they call first to come in.
If you work over 20 hours per week (or a total of 80 per month) for 6 months, you get health, dental, and other insurance coverage for your benefits. Safeway comes with a 401k when you are hired and Social security and paid vacation time after a certain amount of hours worked.
The outfit is a white button up shirt, and dark colored tie. Black pants (slacks or dockers) and black shoes and socks without other color on them. You may also exchange the shirt for a "lifestyle" shirt which you can purchase on the employee website "safewayemployeestore.com"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.