Why won't anyone call me for a job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Bobby in Kissimmee, Florida

15 months ago

I applied at sam's club about 3 weeks ago and the day I filled it out I called and asked to speak with a manager but they were not there so the person that answered told me my best chance of success would be to call back at this day and at this time to speak with this person, so I did and she took down my name and number and and told me what I was interested in. They also said I have to wait at least two weeks before my application shows up in their system. So I waited two weeks and I called again and she took down my name and number again, another week later no one is calling. I know I have all the requirements and I call showing I'm interested so why isn't anyone calling? I have two years experience as a cashier working at Kmart and I just moved to Florida and have been filling out applications everyday and calling. And I know they are hiring because it says it on the website and I call and they say they are hiring. What am I doing wrong? And why is it so hard to find a job or even get someone to call me for an interview? With all the applications I filled out why isn't anyone calling?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Psalm100 in North Carolina

15 months ago

I am going through a similar situation. Plenty of job applications and resumes submitted but no call backs as of yet. I know it is frustrating. However, we must keep a positive attitude and keep pushing forward. One day at the right time an employer will call us for an interview and we will be offered a job. For right now, keep filling out your apps and be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Completely Broke and Broken in Cleveland, Ohio

15 months ago

You're not doing anything wrong. Employers simply have no etiquette these days- as Psalm100 said, keep applying to other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobseeker84 in Atlanta, Georgia

15 months ago

I'm going through the same thing also. Like others have said it's not that you are doing anything wrong, you could be doing everything right. You just haven't rubbed the right shoulders yet. If you don't know anyone on the inside that can refer you, all you can do is keep applying and hope for a bite... BTW, I like your name Psalms 100. We have to be thankful in all things, But it's definitely been a trying experience. I don't know why I'm acting like I have never been down on my luck before.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.