Save-a-lot Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Save-a-lot?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Retail Guru in Orlando, Florida

65 months ago

There is a phone interview with a member of Human Resources. The questions are standard. Based on how the interview goes, you will take an online assessment test. A good online connection is recommended. The test is timed and you will not be allowed to exit once it has begun. There is a lot of math and strategic thinking involved. The character questions are odd, but be honest. After the assessment, you will be invited to an in person interview. Dress to impress. I was interviewed by the store manager and the district manager. I got a lot of hypotheticals. They are testing your ability to use the correct chain of command when issues arise. If you are an experienced retailer, you should do ok. Good communication skills is a must. Willingness to do a lot of "dirty work", run a cash register, cut meat, put out stock, clean bathrooms, etc is required. If you do not want to do any of those things, don't apply. After the interview, you will be contacted by HR. I was given an offer and took it. I have not regretted it. I love working for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

GroceryManager in Asheville, North Carolina

45 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Save-a-lot?

Any advice on striking the right note?

I am currently in the interview process for a management position right now. First there is the phone interview as listed in the previous post. This interview is pretty basic, mentions some of the typical job interview questions you will find across the internet. i.e. biggest weaknesses. The questions basically review a questionnaire that is sent to applicants prior to the interview that covers questions like knowledge in p/l, loss prevention, scheduling, cash handling, etc. As long as you are confident and know your management style and have your resume and questionnaire handy, you will be fine.

After the phone interview is the personality assessment which has some odd questions but just answer them honestly. I would have a calculator handy as there are some questions that require a bit of math. For the most part they cover typical profit/loss situations, basic math, and calculating percentages of grand totals. Knowing basic algebra and how to set up proportions is most helpful for the math questions.

Following the assessment you will have most likely have an interview with the DM. Knowing about the company, and what differentiates it from a typical grocery store will be most helpful. Save-a-lot is looking for genuine people who are committed to growing with the company. Experience is important, but overall management and leadership qualities are most important.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.