How to get a job at Scripps Health.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Scripps Health? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Rolinda in Chula Vista, California

90 months ago

Scripps Health is my employer. I have enjoyed working full time as a Respiratory Therapist in a Pulmonary Diagnostics Lab with Scripps Clinic in La Jolla for 7 years. I found the job while browsing the yahoo website for open Respiratory Therapist positions in San Diego. I immediately applied for the open position online via the Scripps Clinic website, then copied and pasted my prepared resume into the provided space. Within 2 days the Lead Respiratory Therapist called and while informally interviewing me, we exchanged information. Then we set up a formal interview. The atmosphere I felt the minute I walked into Scripps was very different. I was greeted by friendly staff who were genuinely happy to be there. I liked interviewing with my now Lead Respiratory Therapist and the Nurse Manager. I was more at ease than I have ever been during past interviews. And after my tour of the Pulmonary Diagnostics Lab, description of the testing procedures and finding out that the hours would be 0730AM to 1600PM Monday through Friday with no weekends I knew I wanted the job. When Scripps' Human Resources Department called 2 weeks later and offered me the position I accepted it. I was ready for something new after my inadequate compensation and unhappy experience working variable 12 hour shifts, including weekends and holidays in a hospital for a year as a Respiratory Therapist on the floors, ICU and ER. A very stressful and fast paced environment due to consistent shortstaffing. My advice for anyone trying to join Scripps Health is to be yourself, come to the department you're interested in and introduce yourself to staff members and their manager. And if possible observe the department's daily activities and procedures. This will give you the opportunity to decide if it is the right position for you and also give the established department members an opportunity to decide if you will fit in well with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

James Antoine in Chula Vista, California

77 months ago

I'd like to work in Scripps Hospital its better facility

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Antoine in Chula Vista, California

77 months ago

I'd like to work in Scripps hospital because they have better facility

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cid cunanan in San Diego, California

65 months ago

what are the requirements for being a respiratory therapist at scripps? do you think they would hire a CRT or are they looking for RRTs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.